Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E20: Carry On (Series Finale)

gonzosgirrl
  • Start Topic

12 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

That's understandable. 😊  It's my librarian/archivist training that always gets in the way and insists on correcting things.  It annoys a lot of people.  

As you can probably tell from the edit notation on pretty much every post I've ever made, I understand. And I'm not even a librarian! LOL.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

I think this is going to be a tough night for me. Watching since day one. 🙁

I started watching live around season 7 after binging the first seasons. I’ve absolutely fallen in love with all of them. Not even the last couple seasons can take that away (I kinda thought they could have ended after 11). I’m feeling very sentimental and started a rewatch a few days ago. Hoping for some awesome new fanfic too and have been revisiting faves there. 

• Love 7

Hahaha, watching the SPN special i said well at least I can't get Plec'd and, they did TVD ending?! 🙄

I'm just going to pretend last week was the finale.  

I will give them this, I liked the out of show ending with the cast/crew saying thank you and, goodbye. SPN was more than a show, or fandom it was a family.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 19

I CACKLED when Jared walked through that door with the gray wig. It was the one moment where I was finally tearing up but that took me right out of it. 

Otherwise... eh. Big eh. I would like to have imagined/hoped that pre-COVID there may have been a plan for Dean to see other characters in heaven, bringing back some old favs and they couldn't do that now. Otherwise it felt kind of empty. Dean/Bobby was sweet to me but I couldn't even get through Dean's death because I was just like oh. oh really. this is how it is. that's just it. Cool. coolcoolcool. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Completely useless, lazy, utter crap.

Couldn't even muster a few good, heartfelt lines of dialogue to close out 15 years.

Just and endless stream of fake emotiony crap straight out of the series finale 101 book for preteens.

I'm immensely disappointed.

• Love 6

I liked it.  The vampire thing was a bit lame, but without dedicating an entire episode to it, there wasn't really a way to make it truly scary.  I'm fine with Dean going out fighting.  That's what he wanted.  Jensen got a nice death scene out of it.  And Dean got his dog at the end!  And I'm fine with Sam ultimately having his apple pie life and living to a ripe old age.

So it looks like Jack took the angels and demons out of the equation but left plain old monsters on earth?  Seems a bit odd, but OK.

Nothing in this episode made me angry or disgusted or retroactively ruined the series for me, so that's a series finale for the win!

• Love 20
1 minute ago, weightyghost said:

I CACKLED when Jared walked through that door with the gray wig. It was the one moment where I was finally tearing up but that took me right out of it. 

Otherwise... eh. Big eh. I would like to have imagined/hoped that pre-COVID there may have been a plan for Dean to see other characters in heaven, bringing back some old favs and they couldn't do that now. Otherwise it felt kind of empty. Dean/Bobby was sweet to me but I couldn't even get through Dean's death because I was just like oh. oh really. this is how it is. that's just it. Cool. coolcoolcool. 

Not much of an epic fight either. This is the guy that owned Purgatory and took down nests solo.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, patty1h said:

Jensen's dying speech did me in... just tears.  Then, seeing Bobby in heaven.   Sam's story, strangely,  just washed over me with no emotional weight.   The rest... blech.

That death scene had me in tears too.

• Love 9

That was without a doubt not on Agents of SHIELD's level.  Sorry, I know SHIELD got shot before COVID, but the 2 finales I've seen this year, one gave the perfect ending to the show, and one didn't.

Couldn't get Donna, Charlie, Jody, Cas, Mary, or anybody besides Bobby back for the finale?  Just Bobby, and not even have Eileen back to be Sam's wife.  Was not a fan.

And what happened to Miracle?  Miracle should have at least been in Heaven at some point.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Now I understand why Jensen teased revisiting the series so often. Because he knew it would never happen.  No reboot, no movie, no mini series. No Dean, no Supernatural.  Goodbye, boys. 

Ehhhh it's Supernatural... there is always a way. He teases it because Dabb made a very bad ending.

Just now, Jediknight said:

That was without a doubt not on Agents of SHIELD's level.  Sorry, I know SHIELD got shot before COVID, but the 2 finales I've seen this year, one gave the perfect ending to the show, and one didn't.

Couldn't get Donna, Charlie, Jody, Cas, Mary, or anybody besides Bobby back for the finale?  Just Bobby, and not even have Eileen back to be Sam's wife.  Was not a fan.

And what happened to Miracle?  Miracle should have at least been in Heaven at some point.

Damn yes... where was Miracle. Dabb is Badd.

• Love 6

As underwhelming as last week was, they should have just left it with Sam and Dean on the road together. Deans last speech was heartbreaking and Jared and Jenson killed it, but mostly this just felt pointless. What a whimper of an ending for a show that’s lasted so long. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Castiels Cat said:

Ehhhh it's Supernatural... there is always a way. He teases it because Dabb made a very bad ending.

I don't think so. Maybe if there were more time before Dean dying so there was story to tell. I think we're done here,

• Love 2

WHAT IN THE ABSOLUTE HELL WAS THAT???

It's like the writers wrote the season thinking there'd be 19 episodes, they got done with last week's, presented it to the network and the CW was like: "Great! Can't wait to see what you have left for the finale?"

Writers: "Uh, this is the finale."

CW: "You better come up with something for the 20th episode, guys."

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

Well I cried.   I get the ending.  It was peaceful.

There’s a lot to unpack.  
things that come to mind:

- Cas helped redesign Heaven. HE’s not in the Empty
- They get to visit everyone.
-  I missed the opening montage but really liked the music cue in Heaven. 
- Like I said, a lot to unpack.   I’ll rewatch again.  

• Love 16

Before I read the thread, I’m going to say I liked it. This was a theory on here and I liked the sound of it and I liked how they did it. I ugly cried through the whole second half for sure. JA...man, he can make me cry! I do wish we could have actually seen Eileen and Cas and even Jack but understand why we couldn’t. 

• Love 16

Like a few others have said, it didn’t destroy the whole series for me like some series finales have.... but it was definitely disappointing in a lot of ways.

i know they only had so much time, but a nice montage of them saving people in the new world or something... and then Dean going down in a fight would have been nice... that Dean had a little time to write his own story for a little longer. 

But I did like that it ended on a happy note ( if you can call death happy) with Dean and Sam together with the people they care about in a place without worries. 

I know Covid complicated things but a long shot of Cass walking up or something would have been nice. 

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Now I understand why Jensen teased revisiting the series so often. Because he knew it would never happen.  No reboot, no movie, no mini series. No Dean, no Supernatural.  Goodbye, boys. 

Why do you think that? Nothing is forever!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Binns said:

Before I read the thread, I’m going to say I liked it. This was a theory on here and I liked the sound of it and I liked how they did it. I ugly cried through the whole second half for sure. JA...man, he can make me cry! I do wish we could have actually seen Eileen and Cas and even Jack but understand why we couldn’t. 

What purpose did it serve other than to make you cry. 

How does it help end a 15 season run. 

How does it serve the story or the character.

Dean by the way is the better fighter. He has taken down multiple nests by himself and survived Purgatory for a year. 

This was a cake walk.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
12 minutes ago, Frost said:

I liked it.  The vampire thing was a bit lame, but without dedicating an entire episode to it, there wasn't really a way to make it truly scary.  I'm fine with Dean going out fighting.  That's what he wanted.  Jensen got a nice death scene out of it.  And Dean got his dog at the end!  And I'm fine with Sam ultimately having his apple pie life and living to a ripe old age.

So it looks like Jack took the angels and demons out of the equation but left plain old monsters on earth?  Seems a bit odd, but OK.

Nothing in this episode made me angry or disgusted or retroactively ruined the series for me, so that's a series finale for the win!

Same here! My expectations were low and they met them. Didn’t hate it, liked a lot of it. I didn’t even mind the aging of Sam...better than I’ve seen on other shows or movies (Harry Potter, phew). 

• Love 6

As much as it was just ok, Jensen killed it and he had me crying.
Such a Dean thing to do to still be taking care of Sam even when he is dying. Telling Sam what he needed to hear to keep going. 
As much as I am not happy about Dean’s death or about it just being a fluke thing, I think it was the way Dean would want to go, especially since it was before Sam. Damn, the timeline is fuzzy but how much freedom from Chuck did Dean even get to enjoy?
Fast forwarded past most of the Sam stuff at the end. Though I did see he went to Texas and the awful grey wig. It gave me a laugh. 
I am not going to nitpick. I am going to let my annoyances go. 
THANK YOU SHOW! 
THANK YOU FOR BRINGING DEAN WINCHESTER INTO MY LIFE!
As Jensen said, he will always be with me. 

Edited by Kanner
Missed a point
  • Love 18

I'm clearly in the minority, but I really liked it.  I feel they kind of gave us what they always said would happen.  Dean always said he wanted to go down swinging and that he wanted Sam to die of a heart attack at an old age.  I don't know if Sam had a heart attack, but whatever he died of, probably embodies the spirit.

That dog was perfection.

Yes, it would have been nice to have more returnees.  Especially John and Mary, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it.  Especially since I've been whining the entire season.  I think it was a high note to go out on.  And, I like that it's over over. Because thinking of them hunting until they're old men just kind of made me sad.

• Love 19

I loved this… It’s really a testament to how great the characters—and the actors—are that they can still make me ugly cry when one of them dies for the 1,000th time… Seeing Sam have to spend years and years without Dean was rough. They did a good job depicting him in the bunker alone with all those memories and how it just felt wrong. The two brothers in a real Heaven is how I always wanted it to end. I knew Dean would just keep driving until Sam was with him.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Castiels Cat said:

What purpose did it serve other than to make you cry. 

How does it help end a 15 season run. 

How does it serve the story or the character.

Dean by the way is the better fighter. He has taken down multiple nests by himself and survived Purgatory for a year. 

This was a cake walk.

I guess it wasn’t that deep for me, maybe. I knew they needed to wrap up their stories and this made some sense. Any hunter can be taken out anytime. He is a great fighter but a 300 pound vampire is a little tough to get around. Ending a 15 season run was always going to be impossible. It would have been difficult to please everyone. I liked it superficially, I liked that Dean found peace. He went out fighting. Just because he got taken out by a giant vamp it doesn’t discount his amazing past or skills. 

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, BabySpinach said:

OK, so Dean gets killed three days into enjoying his freedom while Sam gets to live a full life, have a kid, and die of old age. Fuck you, Dabb...

Why??? Why didn't Dean get a full life as well? Why did he have to die early from such a mundane cause? Did he not deserve happiness on Earth? I swear, the 10 minutes or so when it suddenly became the Sam Show was the most boring 10 minutes of my life.

Small comfort that Heaven's all opened up now instead of a prison, I guess. Still doesn't sit well with me that Dean basically got shelved forever, unable to do anything meaningful anymore. And seriously TPTB, what the FUCK???? Not a single peep about how Dean's death books had all changed at one point and that "death by oversized nail" was definitely not one of them? Not even a hand-wavy explanation about how Billie lied to him about it because she wanted him gone?

I don't think this episode has ruined the show for me. It was a pretty safe and predictable ending overall. But man, so many opportunities were missed. Still, Jensen acted the hell out of his death scene, as could be expected, and Dean will always remain in my heart as my all-time favorite fictional character.

I SO wanted to be into it. Maybe because I was also cooking, but the set-up for Dean's death was so unheroic and they both seemed OOC. So I was greatly distracted. Maybe it'll hit me on a second, non-culinary viewing. Now, you could say - that's the point, it being a mundane hunt. But it felt more lazy than clever because of TPTB.

Either way, it doesn't make or break the show for me. It's been a helluva journey!

• Useful 1
  • Love 5