Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Training Wheels and an Unleashed Chicken

Bort
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, kariyaki said:

Except Sheldon apparently couldn’t get his tooth brushing done with the other hand, Mary was doing that for him. 

Sheldon should have done what I did - I held the toothbrush and moved my head up and down. Hey, it worked. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 11/20/2020 at 4:43 AM, shapeshifter said:

But I guess the creepiness of the nightmare justifies Sheldon then making a break from being “codependent” with his mom, thereby explaining how he manages to go to college at such a young age. 

While Sheldon is attending college, he is still living at home. His living situation has not changed, but I am curious to see if his routine will. 

• Love 2
On 11/21/2020 at 7:20 AM, Beetlepoet said:

I was expecting more arguing between Mary and George, as it was written in the plot outline as a second plot but we’ve seen them arguing in one (maybe 2?) scene.

Seeing Mary as training wheels was creepy too, that dream scene was weird. 

Also, since TVguide didn’t proofread the description, it makes us think they argue about different styles of overparenting.

On 11/20/2020 at 10:02 AM, kariyaki said:

She probably just made Mr. Sparks do the dirty work and fried it up once he brought her the cleaned chicken.

Mr. Sparks is no where  to be found now that Billy Gardell has a new series, Bob ❤️Abishola.  I wonder if they are going to write him out of the show, or just never mention him again.  Sort of like what seems to be happening with Dr. Sturgis. 😢

1 minute ago, DoYouLikeMutton said:

Mr. Sparks is no where  to be found now that Billy Gardell has a new series, Bob ❤️Abishola.  I wonder if they are going to write him out of the show, or just never mention him again.  Sort of like what seems to be happening with Dr. Sturgis. 😢

I imagine we’ll see Dr Sturgis or get an explanation once Sheldon starts college. We should get scenes between Sheldon and Sturgis or Linkletter. 

On 11/23/2020 at 3:07 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Also, since TVguide didn’t proofread the description, it makes us think they argue about different styles of overparenting.

The description by the CBS also used the same “overparenting” term too. 😶

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Driad said:

"Overparenting" reminds me of an example: "I paint with a camel's hair brush." But spellcheck said "hair brush" is one word, so ...

You're lucky you got one.  I tried to take a camel's hairbrush once and I found out just how vicious a camel can be

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
On 11/22/2020 at 8:37 PM, Dani said:

I imagine we’ll see Dr Sturgis or get an explanation once Sheldon starts college. We should get scenes between Sheldon and Sturgis or Linkletter. 

Dr. Sturgis will be back eventually. I read that because Wallace Shawn lives in NYC, it's too difficult now with covid and the travel protocols:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tvline.com/2020/11/05/young-sheldon-amy-mayim-bialik-season-4-premiere-big-bang-theory/amp/

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
On 11/21/2020 at 12:25 PM, Dani said:

It wasn’t said out loud but George’s was visible while Georgie was writing. He wrote, “You’re a tough little man - Dad”. 

Ohhhh, thanks for catching that, @Dani!  I'll be on the lookout next time.

I love the relationship between father & son on this show.  George wrote what he believes to be the truth about Sheldon.  Proof that even a Texas high school football coach knows grit, in whatever package it arrives.

I'm left-handed too -- wonder if Montana is (haven't looked for it)?  He did forget the #1 thing southpaws have to deal with: having someone who's known you for years one day cry out, "I didn't know you were left-handed!" -- like suddenly discovering you'd been walking around headless.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, voiceover said:

Ohhhh, thanks for catching that, @Dani!  I'll be on the lookout next time.

I love the relationship between father & son on this show.  George wrote what he believes to be the truth about Sheldon.  Proof that even a Texas high school football coach knows grit, in whatever package it arrives.

I'm left-handed too -- wonder if Montana is (haven't looked for it)?  He did forget the #1 thing southpaws have to deal with: having someone who's known you for years one day cry out, "I didn't know you were left-handed!" -- like suddenly discovering you'd been walking around headless.

I am also left handed. If I were Georgie, I would ask to switch seats at the dinner table with Sheldon or Missy. That’s an issue too - bumping elbows with someone while eating. And back when I was in school, the desks were mostly for righties. And don’t get me started on spiral notebooks. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Runningwild said:

And don’t get me started on spiral notebooks

Or those dumbass, green rubber-coated handle, lefty scissors.

Good catch on the dinner table seating!  Of course, that throws the mitten jokes out the window, but Accuracy is Agony.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Runningwild said:

I am also left handed. If I were Georgie, I would ask to switch seats at the dinner table with Sheldon or Missy. That’s an issue too - bumping elbows with someone while eating. And back when I was in school, the desks were mostly for righties. And don’t get me started on spiral notebooks. 

I’m not a lefty, but three of my seven siblings were.  Another sibling was maybe 4 or 5 and kept switching from one hand to the other.  He just couldn’t seem to make up his mind.  Finally, my mother suggested to him that life might be easier if he used his right hand only.  
My mother had all of the lefties sit on one side of the kitchen table.  
When I went to college (I’m the oldest) I managed to find a few spiral notebooks that had the spiral on the top.  My youngest brother appreciated them...

• Love 4

This was the second time, that I know of, that Meemaw tickled Sheldon, and again it seemed like Iain didn't see it coming.

Did Meemaw call George Mary's (pre-marital) "loser boyfriend"? With all he does and puts up with?

Great episode. Great actors. Very much appreciated these days.

On 1/29/2021 at 9:18 PM, Bobbin said:

Did Meemaw call George Mary's (pre-marital) "loser boyfriend"? With all he does and puts up with?

Yes, I think she did. She doesn't like George and tolerates him at the best of times. Probably because he knocked up her little baby girl, even though she doesn't hesitate to criticize Mary either. 

Spoiler

I can actually see how the Meemaw we saw in TBBT could be this nasty old woman, given the Meemaw we see here.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 1/29/2021 at 9:18 PM, Bobbin said:

MeeMaw is never going to forgive him for that and that's fine with me.  I like consistency in characters even if it's annoying!  I am curious though as to what George puts up with.  All in all he has it pretty good.  Kids are kids and can be pains in the neck but none of them have given a lot of grief - Mary is a holy roller but she runs the house and he seems well fed and has money to spend on his beer.  I like George, don't get me wrong, but I don't see him as being any great catch then or now.

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Love 3

My older sister is a lefty...which led me to be ambidextrous (to a point) because I learned so much from her...my kids' dad was a lefty to the bone! Both kids are seriously ambidextrous...I noticed Georgie sits in the wrong seat at the table...the lefties go on the left end of the table...more than one they sit together on the same side...Sister uses top spiral notebooks...and she has beautiful penmanship.

Chicken attack! Not surprising Sheldon fears birds.

“You don’t commit a crime and sign your own name. I learned that the hard way!” Words of wisdom from Missy (that all those criminals who post their crimes online should learn from).

I’m glad the episode addressed the fact that Mary is probably more responsible than anyone for the way Sheldon turned out.

On 11/20/2020 at 4:10 PM, ChitChat said:

I liked how Sheldon smiled at him after he signed his cast 'Billy.'

Wasn't it "Bily"?

On 11/21/2020 at 2:45 AM, MollyMelrose said:

Sweat: the urine of the skin.

He’s right though: the body excretes urea through the sweat glands as well as in urine.

• Like 1