Type keyword(s) to search

The Woman In The House Across The Street From The Girl In The Window - General Discussion

• Start Topic

WOMAN IN THE HOUSE, The Woman In The House Across The Street From The Girl In The Window, Dark comedy, Netflix: An eight-episode series centered around a heartbroken woman who watches life go by without her. But when a handsome neighbor moves in across the street, Anna starts to see a light at the end of the tunnel. That is until she witnesses a gruesome murder… Or did she? 

The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window is a dramedy that premires January 28 on Netflix. There are eight, 30-minute episodes. 
EN-US_WITH_Main_Window_Vertical_27x40_RG

TWITH_101_Unit_00853RC.jpg

For heartbroken Anna (Kristen Bell), every day is the same. She sits with her wine, staring out the window, watching life go by without her. 
TWITH_103_Unit_01013RC.jpg

But when a handsome neighbor (Tom Riley) and his adorable daughter move in across the street, Anna starts to see a light at the end of the tunnel. That is until she witnesses a gruesome murder... Or did she? 

After watching the trailer, other titles for the show might be 
TWITH_101_Unit_01087RC.jpg

"The Woman Who Kills a Lot of Wine" or 
TWITH_101_Unit_01545RC.jpg
"The Woman Who Makes Greasy Cassaroles"

“We are having fun with the genre, as opposed to making fun of the genre.” "Try to do everything as sincere as possible, but make sure you’re laughing on the inside."
TWITH_103_Unit_00088RC.jpg
TWITH_101_Unit_00896RC.jpg
Everything-to-Know-About-Kristen-Bells-%

The Cast features:

Michael Ealy plays Douglas, Anna’s ex-husband. Bookish and pragmatic, he still has love for Anna but their past keeps them from imagining a future together.

Tom Riley will play Bell’s new neighbor, Neil, a charming and handsome single dad. But is this undeniably sexy widower too good to be true?

Samsara Yett plays Emma, Neil’s (Riley) adorable 9-year-old daughter. Anna is instantly drawn to this sweet little girl who reminds her of her own daughter. 

Cameron Britton plays Buell, Anna’s sweet, simple-minded handyman. Always accommodating , always polite and always around.

Mary Holland plays Sloane, a local art gallery owner and Anna’s loyal best friend. Dry-witted and not one to mince words, she steadfastly encourages Anna to put her life back together. 

Shelley Hennig plays Lisa, who is sweet and sexy, but is there more than meets the eye beneath her seemingly shallow surface? Anna certainly thinks so.
TWITH_103_Unit_00154RC.jpg

Christina Anthony plays Detective Lane, smart and no-nonsense. At first dismissive of Anna, she gradually becomes determined to get to the bottom of it all.

Benjamin Levy Aguilar plays Rex, who may not be the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but he’s definitely "hot" and hard for women to resist.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I have grown so annoyed by Kristen Bell but I'll probably still check this out.

Yeah, my reaction was basically: This looks interesting but Kristen Bell again? Does she have to be in everything?

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Egg McMuffin said:

Be thankful that it’s not her husband Dax Shepard. He’s much worse.

I hate them both equally lol.

I really wish it wasn't KB in this. I like a lot of the other actors and I like the title/premise but I legit do not know if I can take watching her lead another show.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window 
January 28    Netflix

Episodes 1-8 Descriptions

Spoiler

S01.E01: Episode 1
AAAAQXiqEaTAoGp7wVDFkubexPSlQBPYVI3IOD6M

Between broken dishes and heartbreaking visions, Anna drowns her sorrows in wine and stares out her window — until a handsome dad gets her attention.

S01.E02: Episode 2
AAAAQaK4npQDSarhdzK624qYQ7newFcXN2GLKH46
After overindulging in her usual vices, posting sexy photos and attempting to revive her passion for painting, Anna is shaken by a startling scene.

S01.E03: Episode 3
AAAAQafqn6oasjDW02aV9dxNJCzYB_vlDxJ9ZLYR
Determined to prove what she saw was real, Anna snoops at the scene of the crime. She joins a support group but winds up right back where she started.

S01.E04: Episode 4
AAAAQcJ43_RabPQN6w0t-HifvcKD5fLibq4OwP6S
Anna's online sleuthing unearths a close connection to Neil — and one tragedy after another. During a trip to a lighthouse, Anna's suspicions run wild.

S01.E05: Episode 5
AAAAQWqBbu-HWVRuob02P0PDMMjnw4TJKc-dYBdK
A paranoid stranger appears at Anna's door with threats and the unsettling truth about Lisa. After the cops drop in, Anna unwinds in more ways than one.

S01.E06:Episode 6
AAAAQd8bSjzY0D0cqKUSm8WamsQSW53mOw1I1Z0W
When a night of passion leads to an arrest the morning after, Anna tries to get on with her life. But just when things feel normal, a new clue is found.

S01.E07: Episode 7
AAAAQcJRKbWDtHyOxy_zoMmjXEQbN007tb2YnPbU
Detective Lane puts pressure on Anna in the interrogation room, but Anna maintains her innocence. Back at home, a dark secret lies in the attic.

S01.E08: Episode 8
AAAAQbcxmx-5bPHgYsvuVS-EO3DX28AfBn3dAOwi
As a storm rages on, Anna pushes past her fear and ends up fighting for her life. Later, déjà vu kicks in when Anna boards a flight to New York.

• Useful 1

Episode 1

Spoiler

I liked it, I was mostly worried that Anna (Kristen Bell) would be bundled up in a huge fluffy robe for the entire series. But she put on a few different outfits and she is looking as sexy as I have ever seen her. Michael Ealy looks like a total dork. Wine, Drugs, Hallucinations, Grief, a murder mystery book, there will be no guessing of who did what to whom, since I can't even be sure if it actually happened. By my count that is 3 broken Casserole Dishes this episode and I am sure there will be a lot more (how many does this lady have). I laughed quite a lot, loved the bird stabbing, don't worry you will get him next time, put some glass in that window, you have a 24/7 handyman. I loved her double fisting the frozen veggies, and falling asleep with the wine on the edge on her white couch. The episodes are only a half-hour, but they are packed with so many cliches that they seem much longer, my mind must be filling in some of the details. I am not sure why Anna didn't get all that wet while it was raining, I thought she would have been drenched.

Episode 2

Spoiler

This episode went by much faster but was also kind of boring. It would be funny if Anna catfishing SexyRexy was what gets her into so much trouble. The story of Ana's daughter's death was kind of funny, they should have finished the story to make sure that what we think happened actually happen, it could be a total fake out. I am glad it was another sexy episode. Zero Casserole Dishes were harmed in the making of this episode. I wonder who cleaned up the Casserole Dish in the street from the last episode. Will every episode have Anna lying in a rain puddle in the middle of the street or waving her palette knife around trying to kill something? I hope Anna is paying Buell by the mailbox and not by the hour.

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Love 3

So I think this show is supposed to be a parody of all the "Woman in the.../Girl who..." mysteries that has been so popular lately but the tone is all wrong for that.  There are a some over the top things (the circumstances of the daughter's death, the constant drinking, etc) but they don't go far enough with it to be funny and the rest of the scenes are so serious that it comes off way more as straight muder thriller.  Some of the things they do, I'm not even sure if they're supposed to be a parody or not.  For instance, the epitaph on the daughter's gravestone changes between episode 1 & 2.  Is that supposed to be parody humor or clue that Anna is having hallucinations?  I'm halfway though so I'll finish it out but I doubt it'll be something I recommend to others.

• Love 21
6 hours ago, kariyaki said:

Maybe I was just not in the mood for it but I couldn’t even get through the first episode. I’ll try again later but it’s not looking good.

PS: @AnimeMania, you don’t need spoiler tags, this is aired.

This is going to be a tough conversation to participate in. Unless I end up binging it all in a couple days, I’ll probably forget the early details if I want to come here without being spoiled. I did appreciate @AnimeMania putting their comments in per-episode spoilers (especially since it literally just dropped today) but I realize that’s not practical long term. Too bad this one didn’t qualify for episode threads. 

Anyway, the first episode was enough to keep me watching for now. I had the same thought about the casserole dishes. Also, I was wondering if the handyman was real. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

After watching this I just feel sorry for Bell who wastes her talent for something like this. It's randomly funny, but most of the time just dull. What a letdown. It could be so much better.

Edited by skotnikov
  • Love 1

So I finished the entire thing and yeah, this one's a no go for me.  The mystery was super easy to figure out (I had it figured out by episode 3) and they kept on throwing in more and more ridiculous stuff (since it's supposed to be a parody and all) but none of it was funny and by the last two episodes, I was just skipping a lot of scenes to get to the predictable end.  

• Love 1

I guess I’m easier to please than some of you guys. I thought it was fun. It also helped that I discovered the Netflix app on my tablet lets me watch at 1.25 speed with no noticeable degradation in quality (again, easy to please) so I could watch the whole series in about the time of a feature film. 

One thing I wasn’t sure of—were they setting up for a possible 2nd season?

Also—we saw the attic and the pantry but I was really hoping to see the casserole dish closet. And I’m surprised they didn’t all die of food poisoning from all those casseroles that had been sitting out for who knows how long. Just glad the ceramics could play an important part in the end. 

Edited by SoMuchTV
Can’t forget the corningware.
  • Love 20

Episode 8

Spoiler

Not being a person who watches these types of movies I totally overthought the story, thinking that anyone and everyone might have been the murderer. Not sure why the police thought the pallet knife was the murder weapon when it was not what was used to kill Lisa/Chastity. I have no idea what kind of con Lisa/Chastity was pulling on Neil. How did Emma cut up and move the body. Since this was a comedy, I would have preferred if Anna had fought a little harder with Emma, she was fighting for her life. I think it would have been hilarious to see a grown woman fighting a little child with all of her strength. It could have been like a scene from Chucky. I liked the story and the almost nudity was a pleasant surprise.

I wish they would have thrown in a few more red herrings, like Slone sneaking into the attic to look for one of Anna's rejected paintings to sell. Meredith Coleman's sister being slightly unhinged and causing trouble since Anna rattled her hornet's nest. Buell being the son of the man that killed Anna's daughter. At least in the last episode they managed to squeeze in one more lying in a puddle and broken Casserole Dish.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I guess I'm easy to please because I really enjoyed this. I had no idea where it was really going, what was real, and enjoyed the ride. It was completely absurd in places and I was highly amused. I burned through all the episodes pretty quick and found it an easy watch. Also, SexyRexy was hot. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
5 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Yes. I didn't really like the tone shift in the very last segment of the final episode, but I understand they had to do it to keep their options open for a season 2 - and while it's early to say, the show seems to be doing well. I think a renewal is in the cards.

Also, I just have to say: OH MY GOOOOD! The bread conversation at the start of episode 5 was so funny! 😄🤣. It nearly killed me! I had to re-watch it like 3 times.

• Love 12
16 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

I guess I’m easier to please than some of you guys. I thought it was fun. It also helped that I discovered the Netflix app on my tablet lets me watch at 1.25 speed with no noticeable degradation in quality (again, easy to please) so I could watch the whole series in about the time of a feature film.

Oh wow, I didn’t know this. I need to see if it’ll do this on my tv. Probably not since YouTube doesn’t have it on my tv but does on my phone. 

13 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Also, SexyRexy was hot. 

He was the best part of the show tbh. The scene where he was telling her what to text was hilarious. Although, seeing him just made me miss Filthy Rich.

I actually kinda jokingly thought Emma would be the murderer in like ep 2 and then really suspected it by the ep with the flashback of her mom and teacher’s deaths so I was pretty pleased with myself lol. The fight between Anna and Emma was so absurdly hilarious. The little girl playing Emma was honestly the best actor in this.

I wish they would have been more absurd with it tbh. They tried to play some of it more straight and it didn’t work. I also think it would have been a lot better if Kristen Bell wasn’t playing Anna.

Overall, I don’t regret watching it lol.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh wow, I didn’t know this. I need to see if it’ll do this on my tv. Probably not since YouTube doesn’t have it on my tv but does on my phone. 

FWIW, I have the playback speed option on my old, cheap, slow Fire Tablet.  It's too slow to be useful for much, but the Netflix app works fine.  I don't have the option on my fairly new FireStick HD on my TV (unless I'm just not looking in the right place).

• Useful 1
23 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

FWIW, I have the playback speed option on my old, cheap, slow Fire Tablet.  It's too slow to be useful for much, but the Netflix app works fine.  I don't have the option on my fairly new FireStick HD on my TV (unless I'm just not looking in the right place).

Yea, it's not on my TV. Boo, they need to get that feature available on TVs already!

• Love 1
On 1/28/2022 at 6:25 PM, SoMuchTV said:

This is going to be a tough conversation to participate in. Unless I end up binging it all in a couple days, I’ll probably forget the early details if I want to come here without being spoiled. I did appreciate @AnimeMania putting their comments in per-episode spoilers (especially since it literally just dropped today) but I realize that’s not practical long term. Too bad this one didn’t qualify for episode threads. 

I agree, it's considerate.  It would be nice if it was allowed for series where all of the episodes are aired.  

On 1/28/2022 at 11:31 PM, SoMuchTV said:

I read an article that said yes.  I had to Google it to understand.  LOL

I didn't understand the tone of the first episode at ALL.  But by the second episode, I was hooked and I could not stop watching.  I loved the middle of the series the best, which is something I've noticed I've said about these other bingeable Netflix series too.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I actually kinda jokingly thought Emma would be the murderer in like ep 2 and then really suspected it by the ep with the flashback of her mom and teacher’s deaths so I was pretty pleased with myself lol. The fight between Anna and Emma was so absurdly hilarious. The little girl playing Emma was honestly the best actor in this

Yeah, when I realized that Emma's teacher had died, that's when I was like, "Oh, so they're going with the Sharp Objects ending. Okay." 

This feels like a send up of a bunch of Lifetime thrillers-with-actual-budgets like Girl on the Train , Sharp Objects, and Gone Girl and it's pretty dead-on what they're like. Someone clearly researched the material and it showed. Hell, even having Michael Ealy here was a nice touch because he did his own version of a thriller with Sanaa Lathan. Then of course, Alex from Fatal Attraction showed up herself!

I do think this could have been brought up a notch because there were times when it was played just way too straight.

It was also nice to remember my crush on Tom Riley that I had from Lost in Austen. He hit his 40's nicely.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 6

This was okay. For a murder mystery it didn't make enough sense and for a parody or satire it wasn't over the top enough. You don't have to go full "scary movie", but you have to go at least "don't look up". The last episode finally went to a level adjacent to what it should have been the whole time. Also it was a bit overlong. Probably would have been better as a movie.

A lot of things were too on the nose. I get that the daughter being eaten by a cannibal is to parody the implausible tragedies that befall families in these movies, but that is just not far enough removed from the original to be funny. I could see that happening in a slightly different way, played totally straight. What would have been funny would have been if they subverted that expectation and the daughter would have died by slipping in the parkinglot on the way home or something. They already had a perfect setup with KB stoping the story midway through in the first episode.

If they do a second season, I hope they steer way more into the absurde.

I'm usually pretty good at seeing twists coming and knowing who the murderer is, but this one I actually didn't see. They just didn't go absurd enough until the last episode, that I would have considered a little girl killing people left and right and framing her neighbour for it.

I can't help but compare this to The Afterparty. Also a murder mystery comedy. Certainly with different intentions and a different setup, but also soooooooo much better.

• Love 6

I watched most of this last night, but I must have fallen asleep in the middle of the last episodes and woke up during the stabby part at the end.

Spoiler

How did the kid drag Lisa/Chastity's body out of the house and partially bury her?

This has the same "feature" that I've noticed from a lot of streaming series lately - the episodes get shorter and shorter as you go along.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, meep.meep said:
Spoiler

How did the kid drag Lisa/Chastity's body out of the house and partially bury her?

Spoiler

I guess if Emma chopped Lisa/Chastity up into enough little pieces she can manage it. Emma did have a covered wagon. There is no indication of where she did it or how she managed to clean up all that blood. I have trouble getting a little kid to pick up their toys after playing with them, Emma must be exceptional.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

For something that was billed as a "dark comedy" I didn't think it was funny, at all. I thought overall it worked as a straight-forward murder mystery, but there were some really stupid things that I guess were supposed to be funny but brought the whole story down, drama-wise. Like the way Anna's daughter supposedly died - who the hell brings their daughter to work when they are interviewing serial killers?? Stupid, not funny. And the fact that the handyman was endlessly fixing the mailbox. 

the epitaph on the daughter's gravestone changes between episode 1 & 2.

So stuff like this made me think this was going to all turn out to be one giant hallucination. Also, the part at the end where she's in the hospital and everyone comes in to apologize. It would have worked better, and I kept waiting for it - for this whole thing to have been some sort of fever dream. Or have it turn out the ex-husband was gaslighting her. Some kind of twist to explain the inconsistencies and stupid stuff. It just didn't read as parody to me, it read as dumb.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

I watched to the end waiting for the big twist that this was all a hallucination or she had been in a coma the whole time dreaming, but nope. None of this made any sense, and I didn’t realize it was supposed to be a dark comedy it was not, I like Kristen Bell as an old time Veronica Mars fan, but why she signed on for this dreck is the true mystery. Why have the headstones on the kids grave change from episode to episode if we were supposed to be living in reality, and the final episode with the little kid going nut bar was just kind of disturbing and not in a fun way. This does not need a second season.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, sadie said:

Why have the headstones on the kids grave change from episode to episode

TOTALLY agree!!

2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

who the hell brings their daughter to work when they are interviewing serial killers??

I counted 3 under the category VERY POOR JUDGMENT

I would say that the show wasn't good enough if you try to take it at face value thriller and was even worse if it is supposed to be taken as a dark comedy because pretty much everything was played straightforwardly until the end reveal.

The two amusing lines outside of Emma's reveal were the Olympia customer service person being like, "Seattle's currently on the West Coast so..." and the detective going "The only thing he slayed that night was his dance routine."

I watched this season because of Kristen Bell. Don't know if I'll return if it gets renewed.

• Love 4

I’m just up to episode 4 but not sure if I can keep going. It’s just too idiotic. Some examples/observations:

1) Who in the hell lets their little daughter go to a maximum security prison full of killers/child molesters in the first place? I don’t care if it’s Take Your Kid To Work Day, that kind of place is not for kids. 

2) How long does it take to install/repair a mailbox? Days, apparently. 

3) How many identical Blue Flower Corningware baking dishes does this chick have?

4) Why didn’t the cops check if the girlfriend Lisa actually showed up at her scheduled flight’s destination the next day? That would’ve been easy to check and would’ve at least alerted them to the possibility of foul play if she hadn’t. 

5) That gigantic bowl of corks cracked me up. Real closet drinkers don’t want to keep souvenirs of how much they’re actually consuming. A real lush would throw each cork in the trash ASAP as each bottle is consumed. 

6) If I hear “Bingo!” One more time, I’m gonna throw up. 

Do I continue with this foolishness or do I quit while I’m ahead?  I haven’t read any spoilers but right now I’m thinking the kid did it. 

4 hours ago, Miss Chevious said:

I’m just up to episode 4 but not sure if I can keep going. It’s just too idiotic. Some examples/observations:

1) Who in the hell lets their little daughter go to a maximum security prison full of killers/child molesters in the first place? I don’t care if it’s Take Your Kid To Work Day, that kind of place is not for kids. 

2) How long does it take to install/repair a mailbox? Days, apparently. 

3) How many identical Blue Flower Corningware baking dishes does this chick have?

4) Why didn’t the cops check if the girlfriend Lisa actually showed up at her scheduled flight’s destination the next day? That would’ve been easy to check and would’ve at least alerted them to the possibility of foul play if she hadn’t. 

5) That gigantic bowl of corks cracked me up. Real closet drinkers don’t want to keep souvenirs of how much they’re actually consuming. A real lush would throw each cork in the trash ASAP as each bottle is consumed. 

6) If I hear “Bingo!” One more time, I’m gonna throw up. 

Do I continue with this foolishness or do I quit while I’m ahead?  I haven’t read any spoilers but right now I’m thinking the kid did it. 

You're about halfway through, so I figure you might as well finish it. But if you want to save yourself roughly two hours:

1) The notion that not just Anna but also her ex and the penal system would have had no issue taking her to a prison, that on top of that, that they would have for a second forgotten she was there and left Massacre Mike alone with her, and that Massacre Mike could have both killed her and eaten her before they reopened the door is absurd. I suppose this could have been played for laughs if done right. But it wasn't.

2) It sounds like we are meant to think that the handyman wasn't really much of one and the ex just let him do whatever because he was a patient who couldn't get other work. It also seems to me that the handyman was working on the mailbox for more like years. Again, the absurdity of the ongoing repair could have worked as a gag, maybe. But it didn't.

3) She buys in bulk :) 

4) Part of the trouble with the show as an actual murder mystery (as opposed to a hallucination) is that Anna sees the murder and calls the police, who presumably arrive within 10 or so minutes. But by the time they initially arrive, there's no sign of foul play. So somehow, the murder gets cleaned up enough within that time frame that the cops are pretty convinced that it was a non-event. And then on the flipside, when they later find Lisa's body, they don't ask how Anna could have been the killer or why Anna would go out of her way to report that there had been a murder that she herself committed. I suppose to reconcile this is, again, to be like ha ha, isn't this funny. Or another in this particular instance is to just accept that the police are just really bad at their jobs. 

5) I guess one could say that Anna wasn't trying to be a closet drinker, or she was pretty bad at it. Why she retained the corks from bottles past doesn't make any real sense other than maybe that she's mentally ill/a hoarder. 

6) I hadn't really paid attention to the "Bingos!" But if you keep going through the end, you will throw up.

Yes, the  kid did it. The reveal and the ensuing fight with the kid and Anna was the show at its most comedic, so maybe jump ahead to that if you want.

• Love 2

This was okay - I made it through the entire series on a lazy day. As someone who has been known to spend a day watching Lifetime Movies, I wanted a little more absurdity in the show but Kristen Bell and Michael Ealy both did well with the material they were given.

I also loved the exchange at the end of the show with the airline steward where she is asked if she wants wine and she says she doesn't drink it anymore. Usually in these movies, the protagonist has managed to cure their alcoholism after solving the crime but not Anna. No, Anna now drinks Vodka. I don't know why but that entire exchange made me laugh and I am still laughing about it.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, cmahorror said:

I also loved the exchange at the end of the show with the airline steward where she is asked if she wants wine and she says she doesn't drink it anymore. Usually in these movies, the protagonist has managed to cure their alcoholism after solving the crime but not Anna. No, Anna now drinks Vodka. I don't know why but that entire exchange made me laugh and I am still laughing about it.

That was great. One of the few genuine laughs I got out the show. And one of the few times KB was good lol.

• Love 2

While there are many things that don't make sense (as pointed out, how did Emma move the body and clean up before the police arrived), overall I enjoyed the series. Anna telling the steward that she didn't drink wine anymore, but she would have vodka was hilarious. But the funniest part for me, and what sold me on watching a second season if there is one was the changing epitaph on the gravestone. In the first episode it is the lovely "If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever". In the second episode it was "In heaven you can dance like no one is watching". Also sweet. But the epitaph in episode 6 sold me on the show: "There's no "I" in heaven".  That cracked me up. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 10

I watched this over the weekend on vacation and it was fun...sounds horrible, doesn't it! I missed the gravestones changing so I'll have to go back and watch.

Glad to see KB back to her Veronica Mars ways. It would have been fun to see her as a real grown up Veronica Mars living in suburbia.

Or have it turn out the ex-husband was gaslighting her. Some kind of twist to explain the inconsistencies and stupid stuff. It just didn't read as parody to me, it read as dumb.

He was gaslighting her with too much medication and not stopping her from drinking! It's almost as though he planted the whole set up in the neighborhood; I mean he did have Buell living in the attic without telling her - basically part of the plot of Gaslight, although 

Spoiler

it was the husband in the attic in the movie.

What was he doing analyzing his own ex-wife? Glenn Close FTW!

Loved her scenarios when she's imaging what happened to Meredith and the teacher. 

At the end, I thought she hallucinating and it really had been her killing Lisa/Chastity. But a lot of good red herrings, without it being too outlandish. I normally have a good idea of who the murderer is, but didn't even think it this time! 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, Kristi800 said:

I normally have a good idea of who the murderer is, but didn't even think it this time! 

Yeah, there weren't any good suspects, either Neil did it or Lisa/Chastity is still alive. We know that Lisa/Chastity didn't fly to the West Coast because she wasn't a real Flight Attendant. 

The show should have made every single person on the screen a possible suspect for the murder of Lisa/Chastity, it would have made the show more interesting and they should have made the scenarios sillier so that the show could have been funnier. My mind was already scrutinizing everybody as the possible killer so they should have given everybody quirks and a reason they might be the killer.

Anna fantasizing what happened was some of the best parts of the series, they should have had Anna speculate why everybody might have murdered Lisa/Chastity, even if the reason was silly. 

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, Kristi800 said:

I watched this over the weekend on vacation and it was fun...sounds horrible, doesn't it! I missed the gravestones changing so I'll have to go back and watch.

Glad to see KB back to her Veronica Mars ways. It would have been fun to see her as a real grown up Veronica Mars living in suburbia.

He was gaslighting her with too much medication and not stopping her from drinking! It's almost as though he planted the whole set up in the neighborhood; I mean he did have Buell living in the attic without telling her - basically part of the plot of Gaslight, although 

Reveal spoiler

it was the husband in the attic in the movie.

What was he doing analyzing his own ex-wife? Glenn Close FTW!

Loved her scenarios when she's imaging what happened to Meredith and the teacher. 

At the end, I thought she hallucinating and it really had been her killing Lisa/Chastity. But a lot of good red herrings, without it being too outlandish. I normally have a good idea of who the murderer is, but didn't even think it this time! 

Very very interesting for pointing this stuff out, thank you!

I recognized Michael Ealy's voice IMMEDIATELY.  Come on, I love all those terrible erotic thrillers he does.  But I was 50% like, is that him?  And 50% like, don't tell me they hired some actor who sounds just like him.

He's a terrible therapist for so many reasons.  LOL. 

This show had a lot of similarities with "The Girl on the Train"!  

42 minutes ago, Kristi800 said:

I agree, but I also think that who the murderer was / the resolution was way too dumb.  I get that it's a parody, but I really didn't care for the ending at all.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

This show had a lot of similarities with "The Girl on the Train"!  

I couldn't finish the book (audiobook) and fell asleep during the movie, but definitely the "unreliable narrator".

2 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

"There's no "I" in heaven".  That cracked me up. 

That one made me crack up, because what the hell does it even mean? She's not in heaven? 

What also made me crack up was how they kept describing the guy who killed her as this crazed evil maniac, and he just looked like a normal friendly guy.

• Love 7

Does anybody know the meaning of the casserrole? 😄 I couldn't figure that out, why did she bring it to everyone. Was it her dautgher's favourite food?

Overall I liked the show, even though I wanted to drop after the first episode. What can I say, it grew on me. 🤷 I think I will tune in for the season two if one happens.

• Love 4