Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
jewel21

The Woman In The House Across The Street From The Girl In The Window

WOMAN IN THE HOUSE, The Woman In The House Across The Street From The Girl In The Window, Dark comedy, Netflix: An eight-episode series centered around a heartbroken woman who watches life go by without her. But when a handsome neighbor moves in across the street, Anna starts to see a light at the end of the tunnel. That is until she witnesses a gruesome murder… Or did she? 

The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window is a dramedy that premires January 28 on Netflix. There are eight, 30-minute episodes. 
EN-US_WITH_Main_Window_Vertical_27x40_RG

TWITH_101_Unit_00853RC.jpg

For heartbroken Anna (Kristen Bell), every day is the same. She sits with her wine, staring out the window, watching life go by without her. 
TWITH_103_Unit_01013RC.jpg

But when a handsome neighbor (Tom Riley) and his adorable daughter move in across the street, Anna starts to see a light at the end of the tunnel. That is until she witnesses a gruesome murder... Or did she? 

After watching the trailer, other titles for the show might be 
TWITH_101_Unit_01087RC.jpg

"The Woman Who Kills a Lot of Wine" or 
TWITH_101_Unit_01545RC.jpg
"The Woman Who Makes Greasy Cassaroles"

“We are having fun with the genre, as opposed to making fun of the genre.” "Try to do everything as sincere as possible, but make sure you’re laughing on the inside."
TWITH_103_Unit_00088RC.jpg
TWITH_101_Unit_00896RC.jpg
Everything-to-Know-About-Kristen-Bells-%

The Cast features:

Michael Ealy plays Douglas, Anna’s ex-husband. Bookish and pragmatic, he still has love for Anna but their past keeps them from imagining a future together.

Tom Riley will play Bell’s new neighbor, Neil, a charming and handsome single dad. But is this undeniably sexy widower too good to be true?

Samsara Yett plays Emma, Neil’s (Riley) adorable 9-year-old daughter. Anna is instantly drawn to this sweet little girl who reminds her of her own daughter. 

Cameron Britton plays Buell, Anna’s sweet, simple-minded handyman. Always accommodating , always polite and always around.

Mary Holland plays Sloane, a local art gallery owner and Anna’s loyal best friend. Dry-witted and not one to mince words, she steadfastly encourages Anna to put her life back together. 

Shelley Hennig plays Lisa, who is sweet and sexy, but is there more than meets the eye beneath her seemingly shallow surface? Anna certainly thinks so.
TWITH_103_Unit_00154RC.jpg

Christina Anthony plays Detective Lane, smart and no-nonsense. At first dismissive of Anna, she gradually becomes determined to get to the bottom of it all.

Benjamin Levy Aguilar plays Rex, who may not be the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but he’s definitely "hot" and hard for women to resist.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I have grown so annoyed by Kristen Bell but I'll probably still check this out.

Yeah, my reaction was basically: This looks interesting but Kristen Bell again? Does she have to be in everything?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Egg McMuffin said:

Be thankful that it’s not her husband Dax Shepard. He’s much worse.

I hate them both equally lol.

I really wish it wasn't KB in this. I like a lot of the other actors and I like the title/premise but I legit do not know if I can take watching her lead another show.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

I'll watch anything with Tom Riley in it, even if it has KB in it too. And I can't resist a send-up of that over-hyped "Woman In The Window" story that the author ripped off from Hitchcock.

• Like 1