Type keyword(s) to search

The Hustler - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 9/24/2021 at 4:23 PM, dargosmydaddy said:

Only watched the second episode last night, but I got the Hustler pegged fairly early... he was super aggressive with the answers and with trying to deflect suspicion to the other contestants. Sorry, dude, (almost) no one remembers that much random trivia just from watching TV. 

Yea, that’s why I honed in on him from the beginning. He answered too many questions correctly and always had a reason for why he knew them. Also, I just thought he matched a lot of the clues, especially the Goo Goo Dolls one. lol And having the cane by his side seemed way too obvious. A production assistant could just bring it over to him when he needed it. It was there so people could see it. 

On 9/26/2021 at 12:04 PM, tinkerbell said:

I initially thought Jen (blond woman) was the hustler. But the not wearing underwear since age 18 threw me. I can't be the only one who thought, wait, how does a woman go through monthly periods without underwear? 

You were not the only one who thought that! Not being able to use just a liner on light days would be horrible IMO, so that clue really threw me. Although it’s possible she doesn’t get periods. I did suspect her a bit when she mentioned that she made her dress, because I can see an artsy/crafty person color coding their phone apps. 

Edited by pezgirl7
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:
On 9/26/2021 at 12:04 PM, tinkerbell said:

I can't be the only one who thought, wait, how does a woman go through monthly periods without underwear? 

You were not the only one who thought that! Not being able to use just a liner on light days would be horrible IMO, so that clue really threw me.

Um, tampons and vigilance. And liners can be attached to jeans or slacks as well. Not saying I think this is a good idea, but it can be done.

I was convinced it was tennis-playing Stefan. He did a terrible job of appearing to not be the Hustler, which is bad gameplay whether you actually are or not. I expect a non-Hustler to act less sketchy.

The underwear question -  I hate to bring it up again, but I recall now that Oprah did a show where she said she "doesn't wear underwear" -  explained that , to avoid a visible panty line, she wears spanx or pantyhose instead.  (which, to me, means that IS your underwear).  So, I guess some people might say they "don't wear underwear", but wear bike shorts, girdle, shapewear, or something else, under their clothes, but not underpants.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Um, tampons and vigilance. And liners can be attached to jeans or slacks as well. Not saying I think this is a good idea, but it can be done.

I never said I didn’t know how you would do it, I just meant for me all of the alternatives would be horrible. I don’t think I would ever share with the world, especially my coworkers, that I don’t wear underwear! I suppose a lot of the things the hustler has to share are things that might be considered too private for some people or open them up to scrutiny. I think you’ve got to be pretty thick skinned to be the hustler. I definitely couldn’t do it!

• Love 1
(edited)

They won't let us have nice things.  I would take The Hustler over Press Your Luck any day.  I do like FF and Pyramid.  All the rest can be cancelled in favor of CraigyFerg.

Edited by bunnyface
  • Love 1