Type keyword(s) to search

S32.E07: Give Me a Beard Bump

Lamb18
  • Start Topic

On 11/19/2020 at 1:49 AM, mbluecpa said:

With you on all counts. Hung and Chee have been good racers, but I was hoping against hope that Chee would have spent his allotted 90 seconds of frustration to explain to Hung that they are competing in a Raaaaaaace. 

To me they have real communication issues.  She messed up and defensively gave him 90 seconds to vent (a move i used to use on my toddler, so there ya go) but his silence to me bordered on passive-aggressive.

On 11/23/2020 at 6:26 PM, HurricaneVal said:

I didn't realize that Leo mocked Will and/or James over their BS explanation.  That's not very nice either. 

Calling Leo's response "mocking" is kind of a strange interpretation. I just re-watched the scene. Will & James started to give an obviously fake explanation as if they didn't target Leo & Alana specifically but just randomly chose them. They started to say, "We thought that we were la- of the four remaining teams-" and then Will interrupted their bullshit and said "We thought you U-turned us!" Literally a 5-second exchange. If that is why Will & James dislike them, then I have even less respect for them than I did before, if that is even possible. Whiny assholes.

3 hours ago, Cotypubby said:

Calling Leo's response "mocking" is kind of a strange interpretation. I just re-watched the scene. Will & James started to give an obviously fake explanation as if they didn't target Leo & Alana specifically but just randomly chose them. They started to say, "We thought that we were la- of the four remaining teams-" and then Will interrupted their bullshit and said "We thought you U-turned us!" Literally a 5-second exchange. If that is why Will & James dislike them, then I have even less respect for them than I did before, if that is even possible. Whiny assholes.

Also, that’s such a dumb response “We thought you U-turned us”. How can you think something when your picture isn’t even on the U-Turn board? It doesn’t even make sense. That’s why I don’t buy the Will & James “We love everyone tour” on their videos now. They were gunning for Leo & Alana for no apparent reason up until the very end. I just found their whole rationale total BS. I don’t like AW I’ll & Jame 2 years ago on the race (LOL) and, I don’t like them now. 

9 hours ago, jabRI said:

To me they have real communication issues.  She messed up and defensively gave him 90 seconds to vent (a move i used to use on my toddler, so there ya go) but his silence to me bordered on passive-aggressive.

Basically, I think that she needs him to audibly vent a bit for her screw up, since if he ever screws up she will definitely let him know about it boy howdy.

On 11/25/2020 at 10:24 AM, jabRI said:

On 11/25/2020 at 10:19 PM, Fukui San said:

Basically, I think that she needs him to audibly vent a bit for her screw up, since if he ever screws up she will definitely let him know about it boy howdy.

I don't really think Hung and Chee have communication issues.  It looks to me like their relationship is very clear.  She is in the drivers seat and always needs to be right, and he seems to accept that.  If he is in fact stewing inside about it, then I agree that would be a communication issue.  But he doesn't seem to challenge her.

I do agree that he seems to let a lot of things go, including her mistakes, but if he ever makes a mistake then she never lets him hear the end of it.  And somehow she thinks this makes everything fair, because she gave him a chance to complain, even if he never takes her up on the offer to do so.

• Love 1

My thought was that Chee and Hung agreed that they shouldn't dwell on mistakes. So she admitted hers, acknowledged that he might be upset about it, allowed him to be upset about it, but then reminded him to set a timer on that so that they could focus forward. Did the Amazing Race editors want us to think something else? Sure. But I'll assume the best of them. They seem to be good partners.

• Love 7
On 11/30/2020 at 9:58 PM, smartymarty said:

My thought was that Chee and Hung agreed that they shouldn't dwell on mistakes. So she admitted hers, acknowledged that he might be upset about it, allowed him to be upset about it, but then reminded him to set a timer on that so that they could focus forward. Did the Amazing Race editors want us to think something else? Sure. But I'll assume the best of them. They seem to be good partners.

I agree. We saw Hung and Chee communicating really well when they waited at the sauerkraut challenge. She is for sure the talker in the couple but it sounds like when she talks she is mentioning previously agreed upon trouble shooting solutions. 

• Love 2

I cannot think of a season where I am content with any of the Final 6 teams winning this competition. Of course they are some teams that are working towards making me want them to lose more than others, but honestly any of the Top 6 teams will make me happy. I was over Alana 2 episodes ago so I squealed when they arrived last.

If I was Eswar and Aparna watching, I'd be so disappointed in the air time. Some times I forget that they haven't finished a task and I think the editing team forget they exist as well.

I am still unspoiled with episodes, but my god it is getting tough to not look. I forgot how tense the end of every epiosde can be when you have no idea who is getting eliminated. Although I agree with those who feel the editing has been quite sloppy, and dare I say obvious, this season. 

• Love 2