Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E09: The Knockouts Premiere

• Start Topic

The remaining artists are paired against a teammate once more, but this time they will each select their own song to perform individually while their direct competitor watches and waits. The coaches alone will choose the winner from their team to advance to the live shows. Each coach has one steal in the round.

Original airdate: 11/17/20

One of the reasons I don't chat much about this show is because I can never remember the contestants' names. Although I enjoyed the mom and daughters' performance better, I think this show should stick to solo singers. It doesn't seem fair otherwise. I was surprised that Gwen saved the country singer with the deep voice, instead of the earlier singer with the gravely voice who's hat looked like it was going to fall off. Maybe it had something to do with Blake.

In the first set of performance Tamara did a really good job with Higher Ground, while I thought Casme did poorly with Wrecking Ball; I think she was off key through the whole song.  I thought she did well in the Battles round, but just flopped here, so Tamara winning was the right choice. I thought Payge was just too slow with Creep, at least initially though she got better as she went along. Worth the Wait did fairly well, but they need to work on the group dynamics more, and I like the lead singer, but I'm not sure the other two are all that strong in solos

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DanaK said:

I thought Payge was just too slow with Creep, at least initially though she got better as she went along.

I didn't like it. I think maybe it's because the song always reminds me of Lukas Rossi. He was always a mumble mouth but he killed it with that song. I could feel all the angst and pain when he sang it. To me if an artist can make me feel then they did their job.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, DanaK said:

I thought Payge was just too slow with Creep, at least initially though she got better as she went along. Worth the Wait did fairly well, but they need to work on the group dynamics more, and I like the lead singer, but I'm not sure the other two are all that strong in solos

Too slow and too low, I could barely hear her. I don't know the song but I didn't care for her performance. I agree about the trio I don't think their harmonies were tight at all. And I'm sick of mama always pulling the boo-hoo card. Oh, I just found out this happened, fill sorry for me, boo-hoo.

I don't think it's such a great thing when the judges fawn over how you act on stage more then how you sounded.

No one impressed me this round.

I thought Payge gave us the standout performance of the night and one of the best of the season.  I've heard many covers of that song and this was one of the more interesting versions.  Plus she gave us the kind of gut wrenching performance that this song requires.  That is where most covers fall flat.

On 11/18/2020 at 10:47 AM, pezgirl7 said:

One of the reasons I don't chat much about this show is because I can never remember the contestants' names. Although I enjoyed the mom and daughters' performance better, I think this show should stick to solo singers. It doesn't seem fair otherwise. I was surprised that Gwen saved the country singer with the deep voice, instead of the earlier singer with the gravely voice who's hat looked like it was going to fall off. Maybe it had something to do with Blake.

I agree. It isn’t fair to have a trio competing against solo artists. The trio has the edge just being different even if they’re not that good. It was the case last season too with that Sunday morning trio or whatever their name was. I knew as soon as I saw them they’d make it to the live show. 

I’m glad Gwen saved the country guy. I thought he was better. 

• Love 1