Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Romans 12:21

• Start Topic

So I think the show has developed nicely over the course of the season but it seems like everything I like is over or was taken out of contention so I'm guess I'm kind of glad it cancelled. 

Over the past nine episodes:

1) I immediately loved the chemistry between Paul and Ginger but then
1b) She starts an affair with his sister
1c) And now it looks like he's dead.  Boo.  What was the point?  

2) Reporter looked like he is interesting and could potentially be related to the family but
2b) Now he's dead and
2c) The Montreaux son apparently killed him
2d) And he's going to obviously skate

3) And Franklin is now an attempted murderer?  Isn't that what the 15 million transfer was implying? 

So tonight they killed a main cast member and made two more murderers/attempted murderers which would make it hard for me to continue since they basically blew up so much of their show. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

So tonight they killed a main cast member and made two more murderers/attempted murderers which would make it hard for me to continue since they basically blew up so much of their show. 

It almost feels like this was planned as a "one and done".

And on a shallow note:

Paul may have been a real SOB, but I loved hearing him sing...

• Love 4

I wont really miss Paul, he was a real sack of crap, but I am going to miss his voice. The man could sing, if nothing else. Maybe he should have stuck with making gospel albums. 

I know that this show is going for a late night soap thing, but the amount of plot twists and crazy stuff happening is just getting ridiculous, I cant even get invested in the story when they keep blowing it all up every five seconds. Every time a new plot point happens, it seems like its setting up for something, only for it to be wrapped up quickly to make room for the other twelve plots happening all at once. So much happened so quickly, I almost forgot that a major character was murdered halfway through the episode. 

At least Ginger finally knows that Eugene is alive, the one plot that has been dragged along forever instead of rushed through like a sprinter. 

• Love 3

The character for whom I have the most empathy is Margaret as she is trying to deal with all of this mess created by Eugene and his cronies while he goes to dinner with Ginger and her mom.

I feel like they found out about the cancellation and are now trying to tie up all of the storylines.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

The character for whom I have the most empathy is Margaret as she is trying to deal with all of this mess created by Eugene and his cronies while he goes to dinner with Ginger and her mom.

I feel like they found out about the cancellation and are now trying to tie up all of the storylines.

It kind of does except this was done and meant to air last year. It was held so they'd have something new to air in the fall since COVID delayed filming on so many of their regular shows.