Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: The Black Hand Man

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

b-sound.jpg

This is mostly for that final scene between Hondo and Leroy, because Shemar Moore and Michael Beach (respectively) really brought it and I have a good feeling they could be on course to tell a great story there.

We'll see. There's probably no right answer when it came to the decision Hondo had to make. Stab his friend in the back or risk his professional reputation? A no-win decision that Hondo will likely wrestle with for years.

Going forward, I doubt Hondo and his family will be in any real, physical danger. I do suspect Leroy is getting out, and Leroy is going to clean up his act. Leroy may even help out the SWAT team in this case (because you know when Leroy comes out, he'll get involved in a case). However, if the show plays the beats right, afterward Leroy and Hondo won't be hugging afterward, and it won't be because of the pandemic. You can't repair that kind of betrayal in 45 minutes.

The rest of the episode...well aside from dealing with the Mafia (which the show has done only once before if memory serves me correctly), it wasn't exactly a sterling rendition. Aside from the "hey, it's that guy!" excitement that comes with seeing Gilbert Glenn Brown (the winery owner) and Al Sapienza (the Mafia boss), there's not much to write home about. A watchable hour, still, but hardly memorable.

Oh, and the whole drama with Chris, Street and Tan? Seems a bit contrived at this stage. Worse, it does make Chris look petulant. Why wouldn't she think Street and Tan- who are as young as she is- want to pursue an opportunity that will enhance their careers? I mean, I wouldn't exactly expect her to be thrilled about the prospect of having to beat Street and Tan too, but I think getting mopey about it and guilting them for pursuing the opportunity (even if she didn't intend to do that) is a bit much.

On another note, Chris did show that she could lead a SWAT team if need be. Maybe Lina Esco is angling for her next show?

We'll see.

• Love 3

Hondo should have told Leroy that he needed to face the parole board on his own.  Either he earned it or he didn’t.  
shouldn’t  be expecting a SWAT officer to vouch for him. Hondo is helping to raise his son and possibly help raise his grandchild soon. That’s enough payback as it is. 
Chris being weepy was out of character for her. She thinks other people should give up their ambitions for their career for her? 
Why is the actor playing Luca gone again?  Is he still off on the Fast and Furious set? 

• Love 2
On 11/18/2020 at 8:31 PM, Danielg342 said:

Oh, and the whole drama with Chris, Street and Tan? Seems a bit contrived at this stage. Worse, it does make Chris look petulant. Why wouldn't she think Street and Tan- who are as young as she is- want to pursue an opportunity that will enhance their careers? I mean, I wouldn't exactly expect her to be thrilled about the prospect of having to beat Street and Tan too, but I think getting mopey about it and guilting them for pursuing the opportunity (even if she didn't intend to do that) is a bit much.

I took it a bit differently.

She let both of them know, beforehand, that she wanted this, and it was important to her.

Now, according to them they weren't listening too closely, as Street didn't think it was a big deal, and Tan was like, "Oh yeah...you mentioned something..."

And from what Chris later said, she saw them as intentionally forgetful, so they could also go for it.

Now, it probably is an honest mistake, but if I told people I trusted that I was going for something that meant a lot to me, and suddenly they're putting themselves in direct competition with me without giving me a clue they were going to do it, I'd be PISSED.

• Like 1
  • Love 1