Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: Max and Dax’s Excellent Adventure

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

Ready to let loose in the Caribbean, James instead finds himself disappointed on the first night out. Heads turn as My Seanna welcomes a new crew member, and Izzy makes a surprising decision, much to the chagrin of James. Francesca comes to grips with the ramifications of her emotional outburst. A charter group of thirsty 20-year-olds arrives, and Shane’s mistakes push Eddie’s patience to the edge.

Airdate 11.16.2020

• Useful 1

Why was one of the stews (the new girl, I think) crying at the end. 
I like Eddie but they should have brought back at least one more familiar face because I can’t even muster up enough energy to to care about any of them. It is extremely boring, I was doing a little housecleaning with this on because it’s not worth any of my non-productive time. I don’t even know their names.
How long will it take Lee to fire the lazy ass deck crew slacker this season? Will he just bluster and grumble his way through as usual? I wish this show didn’t focus so much on incompetence. I miss Kate and Hannah at this point. 
That was a pretty sweet tip they got but I’m doubtful this group will be as generous . 

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • Love 12
29 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I like Eddie but they should have brought back at least one more familiar face because I can’t even muster up enough energy to to care about any of them. It is extremely boring, I was doing a little housecleaning with this on because it’s not worth any of my non-productive time. I don’t even know their names even. 
How long will it take Lee to fire the lazy ass deck crew slacker this season? Will he just bluster and grumble his way through as usual? I wish this show didn’t focus so much on incompetence. I miss Kate and Hannah at this point. 
That was a pretty sweet tip they got.  Doubtful this group will be as generous . 

Depends on how much of the tip money , their parents sent with them, they blew on alcohol before coming aboard.  They all acted like they were under age and were at someone's party who's parents were out of town.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
34 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

That was the new one, Ashley, and I think it was just exhaustion. She’d traveled 30 hours to get to the boat, then had to jump into getting the boat ready and then had the extremely backed up and messed up laundry (courtesy of the other stew) to try and get under control.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
7 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

That was the new one, Ashley, and I think it was just exhaustion. She’d traveled 30 hours to get to the boat, then had to jump into getting the boat ready and then had the extremely backed up and messed up laundry (courtesy of the other stew) to try and get under control.

Thanks! I was afraid one or the guests was harassing her because there was a shot of one guy peeking in at her. 

• Love 2

Even more boring this week. All these new ppl are boring. I was hoping the new stew would be someone from the past.

Ppl still do naked sushi? I thought that stopped being a thing a while ago.

These guests are so annoying and total try hards. Not fun watching them.

Shane is so lame.

• Love 18

This cast is just so incompetent it’s hard to watch.  I think Shane is an airhead but other than that he’s cute, but who in their right mind would hire him as a deckhand. Was he another actor who padded his resume ala Casey a few seasons ago.  Don’t particularly care for James attitude but I guess he know the job. Elizabeth & Izzy are totally incompetent as stews and I’m not sure about Francesca. Eddie is more mature now than he used to be but I just never cared for him. I think Rachel is ok but it seems that she might get worse at the end of the season.  And what is it with people being robbed or losing their luggage - that would truly set me on edge before I started a new job.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

In addition to the frustration of her luggage having been lost or stolen so she arrived at the boat with only a tote bag.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Michichick said:

The naked sushi model....why? It’s gross and demeaning.

I think you kind of answered your own question. The people who ask for things like that are, in fact, gross and demeaning people. 

Max and Dax strike me as basically Patrick and Sean Bateman. 

Worst season yet. 

Edited by Uncle JUICE
  • Love 15
10 hours ago, jumper sage said:

How much did then first group tip them?  I am dying to know.

Those 20 somethings are not going to tip like the ballers they think they are.  I am sure they will get in to trouble with the jet ski, that is the 
hot button" for Cap't. Lee

I love the chef's enthusiasm for food and presentation and so far has not thrown a pot or a fit, Sandy would say she was not a good chef because of her lack of hysterics in the galley, lol.

Let's take bets on what the next charter guests will be, I am hoping they have some minor celebrity that has to constantly remind everyone of their fame, and their "friends" roll their eyes everytime while taking full advantage of the perks.

• Love 11

I guess people thought it was boring, but I actually found this episode a great break from the shitty behavior and fights and lunacy and incompetence of the previous two episodes.

The new stew seems generally normal and competent.  The old (remaining) stew now seems even less so.  No-longer-stew seems smart enough to be deck crew.  But these other two losers on deck crew are REALLY losers.  

Eddie, who just got a new, vaguely-competent deck crew, immediately whines more.  Listen, you need to work harder to make Young Crew competent for YOUR sake, not his.  If you can't you can't, but you need to work a little harder at it and whine a little less.  In fact, I actually thought the docking/line episode with the small boat seemed to reflect way worse on Eddie than Young Crew.  So, I'm really not convinced on Eddie.  (In fairness, I grant he has also been fucked sideways by Bravo on the crew.  But even so.)

I actually don't think it's this charter that causes causes Captain Lee to lose his mind.  People go on and on about kids today OMG how young, but these people so far seems way better than the alleged adults on the last charter.  The guests were WAY more respectful of the nude model than the last guests were to the clothed deck crew. 

I'll bet the tip will be fine, mostly because it ain't their money anyhow.

Edited by Lassus
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

What is the point of eating food off of a naked body? Was that woman laying her bare ass on the table?  I find it gross and totally pointless. Certainly not cool or appetizing.  

I think whichever stew was helping her get on the table said something about her laying on a banana leaf.  She also had pasties over her nips and some kind of underwear on, at least as she was laying down.

Especially gross were the dudes wanting pictures taken as they picked pieces of sushi off her body.  You aren't cool, spending daddy's money.  Or your friend's daddy's money.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, Lassus said:

The guests were WAY more respectful of the nude model than the last guests were to the clothed deck crew. 

Yeah, especially when they were lining up to get phone pictures of them hovering chopsticks and a piece of sushi over that woman's groin! 

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, NaughtyKitty said:

I'm guessing they are given a list of several things to choose from for their "theme event".  Instead of a white party or a 90's party, they chose naked sushi.  I doubt they thought of this on their own.

Hard disagree...those dudes give off major creep vibes, like a couple of degenerates from Less Than Zero. 

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Hard disagree...those dudes give off major creep vibes, like a couple of degenerates from Less Than Zero. 

This wasn't the first time Below Deck has had naked sushi eating.  It was deckhand Bruno Duarte prior. 

And private parties for Vikki.  And the 2017 golden globes.

While it may be offensive and that's a definite debate, I don't think that THESE guests doing so shows they are any creepier than Vicki or the Golden Globes guests.

http://www.bravotv.com/video/share/3587079

• Love 4

With all the "maritime law", "hierarchy" crap that we are constantly subjected to on this show, it surprised me that Francesca made Elizabeth automatic second stew after Izzy moved to deck. They had only had one charter at that point, and based on first impressions, Ashling seemed like the more competent stew. Maybe it's laying the groundwork for future drama this season. Speaking of "maritime law", while I agree that so far so dull, it's nice to watch a Captain Sandy-less, Bru-less season. 

On a superficial note, I find the interior the best looking all-around interior the show has had. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Lassus said:

This wasn't the first time Below Deck has had naked sushi eating.  It was deckhand Bruno Duarte prior. 

While it may be offensive and that's a definite debate, I don't think that THESE guests doing so shows they are any creepier than Vicki or the Golden Globes guests.

http://www.bravotv.com/video/share/3587079

i remember that. Vickie told the girl to get up, put some clothes on and go to college. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

i remember that. Vickie told the girl to get up, put some clothes on and go to college. 

Maybe for that episode and the cameras.  She was at a different private party run by Amare Magazine speaking in front of the sushi models, a different event, different dress.

b0a38f_2b148ba2e4dd4b97a4123f3a10995ff3~

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Lassus said:

The first time i saw naked sushi eating was a very old episode of Sex and the City. Samantha was the naked lady. She did it for her boyfriends b-day. 

So far, 3 episodes in, and I can't even watch for the occasional beautiful scenery.  

It's like Bravo isn't even trying anymore (with ANY of their shows) Fuck off Bravo. 

• Love 11
5 hours ago, NaughtyKitty said:

I'm guessing they are given a list of several things to choose from for their "theme event".  Instead of a white party or a 90's party, they chose naked sushi.  I doubt they thought of this on their own.

Nope, it stinks way of producers thinking it's some brilliant idea.

The "guests" are playing along.

The chef was annoyed that using exotic ingredients was lost on the kids.

Of course it was.  The kids would have been content just with Jello shots and jalapeño poppers for the whole charter.

I don't think these kids bring quite the drama potential of the previous guests but they do look nice in bikinis, which is probably why they were chosen.  That and the crew could roll their eyes at their rich parents paying for entitled brats, except the producers just chose them so the crew could again be put upon.

So the idea that real guests pay for these charters and tip generously is by now a big fiction.

Edited by aghst
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

It is gross and demeaning, and who wants to eat sushi, which is best when cold (imo) off a human body at 98.6 degrees?  Warmed sushi sounds really gross.

Right? Might as well buy some gas station sushi if you’re going to eat that!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

It is gross and demeaning, and who wants to eat sushi, which is best when cold (imo) off a human body at 98.6 degrees?  Warmed sushi sounds really gross.

absolutely. And after the "body shot" they did last week.... we are really in teenager territory here. Off-topic but some politician got in hot water after attending a "naked sushi" event recently. Then you got the folks saying that it was a "cultural thing" and that it was insulting to say that it was demeaning. I mean, there are a lot of demeaning things that have been done in the past that we could have said were "cultural." They're still demeaning.

https://www.expressnews.com/news/local/article/San-Antonio-mayor-Photo-of-fire-chief-with-15671562.php

• Love 3

I'm wondering if Rachel has ever watched Below Deck before. She seems to have no clue how breakfasts are done. Where are all the pastries and breads, fruit platters, big plates of bacon, etc.? Why was doing a breakfast special such an epiphany for her? We've seen the chefs do that on every other season of Below Deck. Then they have the time as individual guests wake up to prepare any custom orders. I don't dislike her but maybe do your homework before you come on the show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I love the chef's enthusiasm for food and presentation and so far has not thrown a pot or a fit, Sandy would say she was not a good chef because of her lack of hysterics in the galley, lol.

I think there will be drama with her as things go on. Francesca and one of the others were on WWHL a couple weeks ago and Andy was doing one of his quizzes about who was what in the cast. They both said Rachel was the biggest in drama stuff. They also said that her cooking on a scale of 1-10 was like 130 or something like that.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Jsage said:

I'm wondering if Rachel has ever watched Below Deck before. She seems to have no clue how breakfasts are done. Where are all the pastries and breads, fruit platters, big plates of bacon, etc.? Why was doing a breakfast special such an epiphany for her? We've seen the chefs do that on every other season of Below Deck. Then they have the time as individual guests wake up to prepare any custom orders. I don't dislike her but maybe do your homework before you come on the show.

I was wondering about where the welcome on board snack was, no cheese platter or mid afternoon snack on either charter?

• Love 6

First of all, Than God again for not having to watch Sandy and Malia, this is more the Below deck I wanna watch.

Honestly, we now have a quite boring crew. They all act like Jehova witnesses by going home straight after dinner. What happened with somebody getting wasted and having sex?

I guess that young deck hand is still to young to hit on any of these girls, Eddie probably has a girlfriend, so there is not much males left to create some drama. Probably a fault by Bravo by bringing a boring not really attractive (physically )female cook, because having a male cook one would been more interesting and dramatic.

So what exactly is considered "sexist"? In Below deck med Malia was annoyed by being called sweetheart, but in these two episodes I see a naked sushi model and also a half naked male crewmember forced to dance around wearing golden underwear handed over to him by a gay charter guest and requested by a female guest. 

Can you imagine any of the male guests requesting to have Francesca in her underwear dancing around the table? Or any of the male guests insisting on Izzy driving him back to the vessel on a yet ski?

Kind of two standards here, right?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Having to see a professional cook crying for having to make 6 omelettes is really funny though. FFS, why don't you guys just prepare a big buffet for breakfast, with all the dietary needs taken into account? You might have an occasional guest asking for something special, but not all of them.

It is only episode two and already 3 girls in tears! WTF? 

• Love 4
On 11/16/2020 at 8:04 PM, Pop Tart said:

That was the new one, Ashley, and I think it was just exhaustion.

We had a name for it on the Amazing Race forum at TWOP...."Killer Fatigue."

On 11/17/2020 at 6:06 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Those 20 somethings are not going to tip like the ballers they think they are.  I am sure they will get in to trouble with the jet ski, that is the 
hot button" for Cap't. Lee

I'm wondering if this is the charter where Capt. Lee announces that their "charter is over".  The previews had this comment come while someone was swimming (looked like night) but who knows.  Heck, we haven't had a charter cancelled outright since season one and the obnoxious bathrobe-sporting cocaine coo-coos, have we?  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Milan said:

Honestly, we now have a quite boring crew. They all act like Jehova witnesses by going home straight after dinner. What happened with somebody getting wasted and having sex

I thought it was kind of refreshing! Maybe 'cause I'm old, and getting wasted and staying up until 3 in the morning holds very little appeal. Though TBH I didn't do the 3 am stuff much even when I was young.

• Love 10

Wasn't the naked sushi scene with Samantha from the Sex and the City movie?

My creepiest take-out from this scene was the deckhand watching the naked sushi model...he was just...creepy.  Like it or not this woman is doing her job and he should have been asked to leave the area while she was being prepared.  

• Like 1
  • Love 8
27 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

My creepiest take-out from this scene was the deckhand watching the naked sushi model...he was just...creepy.  Like it or not this woman is doing her job and he should have been asked to leave the area while she was being prepared.

I totally agree. Completely inappropriate.

• Love 7