Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: Max and Dax’s Excellent Adventure

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, Milan said:

First of all, Than God again for not having to watch Sandy and Malia, this is more the Below deck Than God again for not having to watch Sandy and Malia, thiI wanna watch.

Well, when you put it in THAT perspective/comparison, this new BD season might not be so bad. Lol!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

These charter guests seem like they will be less annoying than the last group.  Izzy seems to be more competent than Shane on deck, so hopefully she does well. Shane is why people think that we millennials are entitled and lazy. His horrible work ethic would get on my last regenerating nerve if I had to work with him.

• Love 5

Wow I actually think Rachel is quite pretty. She was even on an episode of America’s Next Top Model... in 2005. 
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGp-Bgzgigs/?igshid=1jkdjekm2ntkq

18 hours ago, RoxiP said:

Wasn't the naked sushi scene with Samantha from the Sex and the City movie?

My creepiest take-out from this scene was the deckhand watching the naked sushi model...he was just...creepy.  Like it or not this woman is doing her job and he should have been asked to leave the area while she was being prepared.  

yep it was the movie 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 11/18/2020 at 6:14 PM, spunky said:

These charter guests seem like they will be less annoying than the last group.  Izzy seems to be more competent than Shane on deck, so hopefully she does well. Shane is why people think that we millennials are entitled and lazy. His horrible work ethic would get on my last regenerating nerve if I had to work with him.

I dunno about moving Izzy to deck crew. She does seem more knowledgeable than Shane, but that's not saying much. And she's still new. So, now poor Eddie has 2 green deck hands!? I mean, some of the stuff they do is life or death or mega-bucks if they mess up. She moved like a sloth on interiors. And she seems kind of waifish in build. Malia & whathername the argumentative red head were much more sturdy & strong in build & could physically carry their weight in their job duties.

I dunno... maybe I'm just over Izzy's Bawdy! Sexual! Talk! It's all very Miley Cyrus circa Wrecking Ball. Like this lil girl just discovered sex & wants to shock & enlighten the rest of us. Gee, thanks honey. 🙄

• Love 2
7 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

I dunno about moving Izzy to deck crew. She does seem more knowledgeable than Shane, but that's not saying much. And she's still new. So, now poor Eddie has 2 green deck hands!? I mean, some of the stuff they do is life or death or mega-bucks if they mess up. She moved like a sloth on interiors. And she seems kind of waifish in build. Malia & whathername the argumentative red head were much more sturdy & strong in build & could physically carry their weight in their job duties.

I dunno... maybe I'm just over Izzy's Bawdy! Sexual! Talk! It's all very Miley Cyrus circa Wrecking Ball. Like this lil girl just discovered sex & wants to shock & enlighten the rest of us. Gee, thanks honey. 🙄

She said she had more experience on deck and Eddie seemed impressed when he asked her for help anchoring the tender on the beach.  She's definitely this season's version of Aesha. 

• Love 4

It’s funny that Eddie calls Shane Sunshine.

Sunshine (in Remember the Titans) was a highly accurate and competent quarterback, beating out the home town favorite for the starting position.
His ease with the black teammates helped bridge the differences between the two groups. 
Honestly it’s a helluva compliment to be called Sunshine!

I was thinking that there must be a hard rule about the guests not touching the crew, naked sushi models included. I was a little concerned for her well being with that group.
I don’t think anyone touched the deckhand (sorry, name escapes me) when he danced around in a sparkly banana hammock either.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, lcarolynl said:

I was thinking that there must be a hard rule about the guests not touching the crew, naked sushi models included. I was a little concerned for her well being with that group.

It got AWFULLY close though-- I think I saw a guest grab a sushi roll off of the model WITH HIS MOUTH. Somehow I don't think that is honoring the food, or the beauty of the human model. Rachel was absolutely right-- her work, and the high quality product, was absolutely wasted on these people. I doubt they would have noticed if she had bought the sushi at the grocery store.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, lcarolynl said:

At least on Below Deck: Sailing Yacht, one of the drunken guests picked up one of the female crew members and kind of shook her for a moment before putting her back down.  She did not seem happy, but I don't think the guest got into trouble. 

Honestly, we now have a quite boring crew. They all act like Jehova witnesses by going home straight after dinner. What happened with somebody getting wasted and having sex?

I'm fine with it.  After Ashton's drunken antics last season, it's nice to see adults remembering they have to work in the morning so they can't have a drunken orgy the night before.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, txhorns79 said:

She did not seem happy, but I don't think the guest got into trouble. 

Nope and she was told to ignore it and that it wasn’t a big deal by one of the charter guests and one of the crew members.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
On 11/18/2020 at 9:48 AM, dleighg said:

I thought it was kind of refreshing! Maybe 'cause I'm old, and getting wasted and staying up until 3 in the morning holds very little appeal. Though TBH I didn't do the 3 am stuff much even when I was young.

ITA. I guess I'm getting old lol. And they are working. I'm not a huge Kate fan which will be a unpopular opinion on this board. I don't dislike Kate but I didn't think she made the show in past seasons or anything. I was ready for a new chief stew, tbh. I think Kate was ready for something new too.

Not sure how I feel about the new chief stew yet. I don't watch BDM so I can't compare to Hannah. But I won't discount her for crying. Some are more emotional than others. Doesn't necessarily mean they are less competent. 

Shane is annoying. The chef is just, I don't know, odd maybe? I feel like she's been focused on less than chefs in past seasons so far.

Edited by turbogirlnyc
  • Love 1

What is the point of eating food off of a naked body?

This has been around at least since the Victorian era. Regency House Party had a similar scene with the "Countess" acting as serving platter.

Just checked around on the internet and apparently eating Sushi off a naked body dates back to the early 1600's.

Edited by Me from ME
The Victorians were copying someone else.

Binge watching this season.  I cannot stand Izzy.  You should have never applied to be a steward at all.  You are horrible at your job and its not the chief stew who is frazzled or whatever.  You took over 30 minutes for a cherrio and coffee breakfast for the Captain.  You couldn't handle doing expresso coffee, even with 2 machines.  You delayed and made them wait.  You couldn't handle the bar and had the prima donna tell you what to do. Chief stew isn't overwhelmed...you suck.  I honestly wish she was let go rather than rewarded with the deck assignment.

• Love 1