Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: Picking Sides

• Start Topic

On 11/15/2020 at 6:46 PM, Stats Queen said:

Why the heck did Giselle do an Instagram story at the jewelers is it is supposed to be a surprise for her BFF. Then getting on Karen who brought it up. 

I would imagine its how Juan got a bomb discount on the ring.  Gizelle had to promote the store.  Karen seems like a party pooper, like one of those people who runs to tell someone that there is a surprise party being planned for them.  She knew what it meant for Gizelle to be at that jewelers and it was shitty of her to bring it up in front of Robyn.  

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I would imagine its how Juan got a bomb discount on the ring.  Gizelle had to promote the store.  Karen seems like a party pooper, like one of those people who runs to tell someone that there is a surprise party being planned for them.  She knew what it meant for Gizelle to be at that jewelers and it was shitty of her to bring it up in front of Robyn.  

You mean like Kenya from Atlanta did to Cynthia at her engagement party? Running up to her ...Do you think he’s gonna purpose to you Cynthia? Knowing full well he was and just itching to ruin the moment 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I don’t see Ashley as messy. Why not get back at Candiace for screaming at her and pulling the butter knife and chasing her last year? It just serves to remind us that Candiace has been looking for a fight for a long time.

Is there really butt grabbing footage? Would Monique and Chris withhold it if there was? 

2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that iF you are honest about it or smart enough to play the game and not get caught .... don’t “pretend” to mend fences and want to move forward and be friends then stab her in the back the first chance you get ... that is the definition of messy and makes Anyone who would friend her do a double take of damn if she would sneak attack her what makes you think she won’t do the same to you if she feels you have wronged her. The only thing you can hope for is dirt on her to use as leverage.I absolutely think she was baiting candance at that dinner hopping she would pop off to say see this is why I wrote the “character witness” she hasn’t changed (like Monique has suddenly magically claimed she did) and when she apologized and remained calm it threw her off she no longer had the see she is unstable and still pops off .....she is trying to play both sides and thought she could get away with it and not come out looking like the snake she is but she’s not smooth enough of an operator to do that ....

Agreed, ashley thinks that she is a smooth enough operator to get away with that nonsense around the other women and it sounds like they are all going to call her out for it except Karen.  And yeah, she was totally baiting Candace at the table until Robyn and Gizelle stepped in and Robyn set Ashley right straight about her messy self.  

Monique is too dumb to realize that having Ashley Darby as your ride or die is a bad move.  I wouldn't be surprised if Ashley hopes Monique gets fired so she doesn't have as big a platform to talk about the footage, or she doesn't have the ability to get her brother on TV talking about how he saw Michael grabbing butts.  Ashley takes after her mother with the snake behavior.  Will smile in your face and stab you in the back.  Thats how Shiela is, all fake kindness and "aww, yuk yuk" until that false face drops and she is angry and guilting someone to give her money or a house.  

• Love 7

Out of all this episode, I'm most taken aback by Candiace calling Ashley a bedwench. Like ... really, little girl?

Does she know what that means?

A bedwench is a black woman who lays down with a higher status white man for perks and privileges.

A bedwench is not a black woman who lays down with a white man; there has to be some perks/privileges involved.

If Candiace is using this definition of the word, then she is using it correctly to describe Ashley as a bedwench.

There are no perks or privileges beyond good food to be had with Broke Chris, so Candiace would not be a bedwench to him by definition.

Candiace's mouth & Twitter fingers are vile, but she's almost never the only person in the sandbox.  She and Ashley were going at it back and forth with each other; Ashley only stopped because she went into labor.  The problem I have with Ashley writing the statement for Monique is Ashley is just vile and verbally violent as Candiace, if not more, but when she's confronted with things she doesn't want to hear, the other person all of a sudden becomes "aggressive."  She's now a victim.  She did it with Candiace, she did it with Wendy.  The one person she should have called "aggressive" but didn't was Robyn. Catch that dirt.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 11/15/2020 at 9:09 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

It’s amusing and befuddling to me that Ashley is treating Candiace’s desire to become a mother as a personal affront.

I can’t believe how good Robyn looked in her micro-mini dress at dinner.

It’s so titillating to scare Wendy with a rubber spider that they devote one third of the episode and break the fourth wall for her reaction?  Fascinating.

Ashley was deliberately misleading to the point of lying when she told Gizelle and Robyn that she was writing a statement in support of Monique’s character, when it was actually a smear against Candiace.  I thought Ashley was all hashtag truth.

11 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

I would have loved to have gotten a toboggan ride....but, I would need the Rock, Schwarzenegger and Terry Crews 'bogganing my big ass, lol.

Gizzard, do you really listen to yourself?  Mind your business/keeping secrets? Heiffa, these sho nuff don't apply to your ass!  The only reason you've kept your piehole shut is cause of Robyn....anyone else would be fair game and you know it!

Ashley, Robyn and Giz were the best dressed...Karen's dress made her look old, Candiace looked like a doll and Wendy's jumpsuit was a nightmare.

Never been a fan of practical jokes and did not find what was done to Wendy humorous in any way.

I have to say Robyn’s hair and makeup was on point at the dinner. That dirty blonde bob suited her well. I did not love that her outfit was a short jumpsuit but she looked good in black.

I can’t help but love Karen and wished that Robyn kept at least one of the pictures on her website. Mature women often have good disposable income.

Dr. Wendy is very attractive but she needs a style makeover. She really needs to learn how to walk in heels without stooping or ditch them like Robyn. She actually does not need them because she Is already a tall woman.

This island off the coast of Portugal is beautiful and I like the hotel. 

This Ashley written statement storyline is boring. Ashley does not give a fuck about Candiass and Monique has damning evidence of her predatory husband sexually harassing men. This is a no brainer for her.

The problem is that there is no story line now that the fight is over and we all got the juicy details over a year ago. I don’t care about Giselle or Robyn’s fake relationships or if Wendy will no longer be a professor.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, RealReality said:

Just like it was shitty for Gizzard to wear a 'Free Uncle Ben' shirt to Karen's explanation about her finances get together last year....please, Karen has her karma tickets this season and I'm glad she's using them.

(And yes, I'm that grudge holding bitch)

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, drivethroo said:

A bedwench is a black woman who lays down with a higher status white man for perks and privileges.

A bedwench is not a black woman who lays down with a white man; there has to be some perks/privileges involved.

If Candiace is using this definition of the word, then she is using it correctly to describe Ashley as a bedwench.

There are no perks or privileges beyond good food to be had with Broke Chris, so Candiace would not be a bedwench to him by definition.

The audacity is astounding.

I'm STILL taken aback. (And I know the origins of the term.)

Moreso now, actually.

Edited by StillHere
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Just like it was shitty for Gizzard to wear a 'Free Uncle Ben' shirt to Karen's explanation about her finances get together last year....please, Karen has her karma tickets this season and I'm glad she's using them.

But what did that have to do with trying to ruin the surprise for Robyn? So shit on Robyn to get back at G? I mean I get it but thats kind of a shit thing to want to take away from Robyn who has been waiting for soooo long for this ..

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I don’t see Ashley as messy. Why not get back at Candiace for screaming at her and pulling the butter knife and chasing her last year? It just serves to remind us that Candiace has been looking for a fight for a long time.

Is there really butt grabbing footage? Would Monique and Chris withhold it if there was? 

When you're trying to "get back" at someone a year after the incident happened, to me that means Candiace was living in Ashley's head that entire time, that Candiace had that power over Ashley.  

Also Ashley was in Candiace's home, after Candiace had told her to leave and Ashley came back.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, StillHere said:

The audacity is astounding.

I'm STILL taken aback. 

Moreso now, actually.

Both Candiace and Ashley are violent with their words and they both gave as good as they got.  I'm not going to clutch my pearls over Ashley being called a "bedwench" by Candiace and claim Candiace is using terrible racial terminology when Ashley ran around on several occasions calling darker skinned Candiace and Wendy "aggressive" and "ferocious" (and they were nowhere near her) but did not use that same terminology on fair skinned Robyn who actually WAS in her face.

Both Candiace and Ashley are nasty and vile with their words, so just as people feel Candiace got what she deserved when she provoked Monique, Ashley got what she deserved when she provoked Candiace.

I personally am not going to participate in a narrative where Candiace is the bad guy, Candiace is looking for a fight, Candiace needs to pay, Candiace needs to face the consequences, Candiace needs her ass beat, Candiace needs to watch her mouth etc but Monique is justified in physically assaulting Candiace because hey, we're tired of Candiace's mouth and Ashley is justified in writing the character statement against Candiace because hey, we're tired of Candiace's mouth.  Everyone needs to be held accountable for their actions but what Monique and Ashley want us to do is hold only Candiace responsible while they hide behind "being a mom" to escape accountability for their actions.

People don't like Candiace's mouth because they can say she is vile, they can say her mouth is reckless but what they can't say is that she's lying. Gizelle did have a 900K tear down cabin.  Ashley is bedwenching for Michael.  Monique is fake.  Ashley is actually lucky Candiace isn't as low down as she is because if Candiace was, she would've brought up the fact Ashley's momma couldn't afford to give Ashley what Candiace's momma can because Ashley's momma is living with a bum, got put out by Michael and is living in a tent.  If Candiace were as low down as Ashley, she would've told Ashley to come see her when her momma can afford to pay her own rent or better yet, come see her when Ashley can afford her own rent and sleep peacefully at night without worrying about Michael putting her out on the street again. 

Candiace's words are vile and reckless because more often than not, Candiace is telling the truth about the situation.  She just does it in a way that's not tasteful or palatable.

Also Ashley was in Candiace's home, after Candiace had told her to leave and Ashley came back.

Candiace threw the butter knife at Ashley before telling her to get out of her house. Candiace initially picked up the butter knife to use as a microphone but Ashley started going on how the house was Candiace's momma's house and Candiace threw the butter knife at her as Chris was trying to restrain her.  After that, Candiace told her to get out.  She left but Gizelle and Katie brought her back in.  They got to arguing again, Ashley left again.  Candiace went upstairs.  Katie & somebody else was talking in the foyer when Ashley walks back in.  Candiace and Ashley argue some more, then Ashley and Katie decided to leave.

Ashley can't claim she was so terrified over the butter knife incident when she walked back into the lady's house 2 times after the knife was thrown at her.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 9
22 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Both Candiace and Ashley are violent with their words and they both gave as good as they got.  I'm not going to clutch my pearls over Ashley being called a "bedwench" by Candiace and claim Candiace is using terrible racial terminology when Ashley ran around on several occasions calling darker skinned Candiace and Wendy "aggressive" and "ferocious" (and they were nowhere near her) but did not use that same terminology on fair skinned Robyn who actually WAS in her face.

Both Candiace and Ashley are nasty and vile with their words, so just as people feel Candiace got what she deserved when she provoked Monique, Ashley got what she deserved when she provoked Candiace.

I personally am not going to participate in a narrative where Candiace is the bad guy, Candiace is looking for a fight, Candiace needs to pay, Candiace needs to face the consequences, Candiace needs her ass beat, Candiace needs to watch her mouth etc but Monique is justified in physically assaulting Candiace because hey, we're tired of Candiace's mouth and Ashley is justified in writing the character statement against Candiace because hey, we're tired of Candiace's mouth.  Everyone needs to be held accountable for their actions but what Monique and Ashley want us to do is hold only Candiace responsible while they hide behind "being a mom" to escape accountability for their actions.

People don't like Candiace's mouth because they can say she is vile, they can say her mouth is reckless but what they can't say is that she's lying. Gizelle did have a 900K tear down cabin.  Ashley is bedwenching for Michael.  Monique is fake.  Ashley is actually lucky Candiace isn't as low down as she is because if Candiace was, she would've brought up the fact Ashley's momma couldn't afford to give Ashley what Candiace's momma can because Ashley's momma is living with a bum, got put out by Michael and is living in a tent.  If Candiace were as low down as Ashley, she would've told Ashley to come see her when her momma can afford to pay her own rent or better yet, come see her when Ashley can afford her own rent and sleep peacefully at night without worrying about Michael putting her out on the street again. 

Candiace's words are vile and reckless because more often than not, Candiace is telling the truth about the situation.  She just does it in a way that's not tasteful or palatable.

Candiace threw the butter knife at Ashley before telling her to get out of her house. Candiace initially picked up the butter knife to use as a microphone but Ashley started going on how the house was Candiace's momma's house and Candiace threw the butter knife at her as Chris was trying to restrain her.  After that, Candiace told her to get out.  She left but Gizelle and Katie brought her back in.  They got to arguing again, Ashley left again.  Candiace went upstairs.  Katie & somebody else was talking in the foyer when Ashley walks back in.  Candiace and Ashley argue some more, then Ashley and Katie decided to leave.

Ashley can't claim she was so terrified over the butter knife incident when she walked back into the lady's house 2 times after the knife was thrown at her.

Oh, dear.

• Love 8
On 11/16/2020 at 11:57 AM, Boofish said:

Gizelle and Robyn would write letters for each other without a moment's hesitation. Why they sit on the throne of self righteousness is a mystery Perry Mason could not solve. They seem to think only their friendship is worthy. Monique is 100% on the wrong side of this story but she has a right to defend herself and Ashley is free to write a statement for a friend if she chooses and don't need to justify her actions to Electra Woman and Dyna Girl.

ELECTRA WOMAN AND DYNA GIRL!!! Lololol! Omg! My favorites! I thought I was the only one on earth that remembered them! I loved them!! Such a funny reference! 

• LOL 4
3 hours ago, drivethroo said:

You're not wrong there.  Candiace certainly could have said that.  

I wouldn't call Gizelle's home a cabin though, it was a 900k gut job though.

If Ashley was really, really low down, she'd say to Candiace, "where would you be without your mother?"

Edited by Neurochick
  • LOL 3
13 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

If Ashley was really, really low down, she'd say to Candiace, "where would you be without your mother?"

LOL, Candiace could say "I'd be just fine with my husband and my multiple streams of income.  The question is where would YOU be with your husband? Living in the backseat of your Porsche or sharing space in the tent with YOUR momma?"

Candiace's reads have too much acid in them.  She can say the same things, just dial back on the acid.

There is *one* thing Candiace could say to Ashley that is so vile and nasty that it would really set Ashley off and while everyone would take Ashley's side, everyone would know deep down it was true.  Just as Candiace needs to watch her mouth so she doesn't get checked again, Ashley needs to do the same because she might run up on the right one too.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, drivethroo said:

LOL, Candiace could say "I'd be just fine with my husband and my multiple streams of income.  The question is where would YOU be with your husband? Living in the backseat of your Porsche or sharing space in the tent with YOUR momma?"

Candiace's reads have too much acid in them.  She can say the same things, just dial back on the acid.

There is *one* thing Candiace could say to Ashley that is so vile and nasty that it would really set Ashley off and while everyone would take Ashley's side, everyone would know deep down it was true.  Just as Candiace needs to watch her mouth so she doesn't get checked again, Ashley needs to do the same because she might run up on the right one too.

I’m sure both are fine financially. They have their Real Housewives income. Ashley probably got her post nupt.  Candiace has her income plus her trust. Did Chef Chris sign a prenup? Candiace looking at the multi million dollar homes last year was part of her storyline. She’s stIll in her/moms home and it’s a nice place. Ashley got to pretend she’s a hard worker with the restaurant storyline. Neither story was believable. 
They can insult each other all they want, neither one is self made, their claim to fame is the Real Housewives.  Truth is they are similar. I’m sure both moms were a pain to grow up with and now they each have their own bald white dude.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

I’m sure both moms were a pain to grow up with and now they each have their own bald white dude.

YES. And maybe this is why they don't like each other... the similarities are too striking???

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, nb360 said:

YES. And maybe this is why they don't like each other... the similarities are too striking???

I don’t think any of them really like each other with the exception of Robyn and Gizelle.  It’s like a competition with a lot of posing and a lot of calling each other out on it.

Karen as the Grande Dame. 
Gizelle as the strong woman who won’t put up with any crap from a man.                    
Ashley acting like she really wants to get it on with the liver spotted Michael.               
Candiace is posing while she tries to find her side hustle.                                  

Robyns been more real than the majority. She’s been honest about her financial issues and doesn’t appear to be putting on a show. I hope Juan is true to her this time.

• Love 11
17 hours ago, qtpye said:

Dr. Wendy is very attractive but she needs a style makeover. She really needs to learn how to walk in heels without stooping or ditch them like Robyn. She actually does not need them because she Is already a tall woman.

Maybe Wendy was in school so long getting those 4 degrees that she rarely went anywhere that required heels. In the last 3 months of working on my dissertation I rarely left the house (that was just the last of my 3 degrees 🤣).

Granted, I am 5’2” and so I was never concerned about wearing heels.

Now, being high risk, I have mostly been at home since March and when I’ve gone out I didn’t bother with makeup. Tonight I had to lead an Arts Competition awards ceremony that had to be virtual. It was only the 4th time since March that I did my hair and put on all my makeup (including mascara). My husband said let’s go for a walk right after I made myself acceptable and I said “no” because I wasn’t going to redo my makeup and hair. When I told hubby I wasn’t going to do a walk for those reasons, he said “by the way, you look nice” 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

(This a big aside, but our Zoom reception got hacked by scary people and I’m still freaked out). I felt so awful for the 70 high school students who entered the competition that we to stop and reschedule. They have already been through enough.

• Love 5

I don't think anyone mentioned this yet but I was dying when Karen was screaming about how she was tobogganing in PORTLAND!!  I love when these ladies say stupid shit that's actually funny!!  And I definitely was laughing when Wendy screamed after finding the snakes in her bed.  I totally enjoy these light moments.  It's a nice break from the evilness of Ashley.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, malibu said:

I don't think anyone mentioned this yet but I was dying when Karen was screaming about how she was tobogganing in PORTLAND!!  I love when these ladies say stupid shit that's actually funny!!  And I definitely was laughing when Wendy screamed after finding the snakes in her bed.  I totally enjoy these light moments.  It's a nice break from the evilness of Ashley.

Karen was in the city of Portugal last week, this week she’s in Portland.  Oh my.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

I have often said that that tee shirt was one of the cruelest things I've seen on this franchise.  But Karen ruining the surprise hurts Robyn, not Gizelle.  

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I’m sure both are fine financially. They have their Real Housewives income. Ashley probably got her post nupt.  Candiace has her income plus her trust. Did Chef Chris sign a prenup? Candiace looking at the multi million dollar homes last year was part of her storyline. She’s stIll in her/moms home and it’s a nice place. Ashley got to pretend she’s a hard worker with the restaurant storyline. Neither story was believable. 
They can insult each other all they want, neither one is self made, their claim to fame is the Real Housewives.  Truth is they are similar. I’m sure both moms were a pain to grow up with and now they each have their own bald white dude.

And this is what infuriates me about Ashley.  Both she and Candace live a high end lifestyle by someone else's largesse.  Ashley likes to act like she earned her money, and maybe she DID earn some of it....the old fashioned way.....but Michael clearly has other options for that.  

But I've noticed that this is a thing Ashley always does.  When SHE does something its fine.  When someone does the same thing to HER, she is shocked, offended and the situation is SOOOOO different.  She is a hypocrite and not a very good one.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, qtpye said:

I have to say Robyn’s hair and makeup was on point at the dinner. That dirty blonde bob suited her well. I did not love that her outfit was a short jumpsuit but she looked good in black.

I can’t help but love Karen and wished that Robyn kept at least one of the pictures on her website. Mature women often have good disposable income.

This island off the coast of Portugal is beautiful and I like the hotel. 

This Ashley written statement storyline is boring. Ashley does not give a fuck about Candiass and Monique has damning evidence of her predatory husband sexually harassing men. This is a no brainer for her.

The problem is that there is no story line now that the fight is over and we all got the juicy details over a year ago. I don’t care about Giselle or Robyn’s fake relationships or if Wendy will no longer be a professor.

I'll stand over here in the corner as a person who loves a jumpsuit.  I'm short so I always look ridiculous in one, but I loooove the look.  

And trust and believe that jumpsuit was 1,000,000 x better than that dress Wendy had one, which she clearly bought before she got pregnant.  I could not believe her breasts were the only thing she worried about in that dress.  The thing was stretching because it was a leopard print sausage casing with too much meat in the middle!  

Robyn looked gorgeous, as usual.  If I didn't like her so much, I'd totally hate her.  

I can't hate Robyn for not keeping those pictures of Karen if thats all she had, because those pictures didn't even show her face.  When I visited the website last week, not a single cast picture was there!  She maybe should have given Karen another "private" session, it would make Karen feel special and they could get better shots. I agree that mature women have income and also enjoy hip things. 

Also, on a superficial note, I HAAAATE Karen's nails, to me, it looks like chipped nail polish.  Ick.  

The Ashley statement storyline works for me if it gets everyone to hate her.  She has gone so long without being called front and center on her shit.  As someone above said, if she wanted to write that statement to get back and Candace or because Monique has bootygrabgate footage....FINE.  But its annoying for her to try to gaslight Candace pre-preemptively and pretend like if Candace is hurt and offended that its her fault and not Ashleys.  And then to pick a fight with her at the table in hopes of getting her to blow up?  And trying to draft the GEB so that Ashley would have people on her side to convince Candace that she is crazy for being mad?  It just seems very very underhanded to me.  I'm so glad the GEB called her out on her shit.  

And Ashley can miss me with the "I was so offended when someone I've known for five minutes questioned my intentions!"  Stop it girl, you've been in the pageant world and you have heard much worse.  And I, for one, don't think Candace was necessarily wrong about Ashley being overdramatic for attention.  I'm not saying that she wasn't hurting, but I think Ashley is very calculated and strategic and has a knack for eliciting sympathy at any opportunity.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 11/15/2020 at 8:00 PM, drivethroo said:

Well, Ashley said on a previous season that Karen claimed Ray's penis was old and shriveled up (which was shown on the flashback tonight) so Robyn telling it is not brand new information lol.

Karen needs to put down the liquor bottle because she tells too much of their business when she's drunk.

The Ray/Penis thing is another reason why I can't take Ashley seriously because she's been reckless with her mouth with every single cast member (except Gizelle and towards Robyn in particular) but because she's now a MOM(tm) she's now supposed to be handled like she's a delicate flower? Tuh!  

This is ALWAYS Ashley's MO, there is always a reason why when you do the same thing she did to you, ITS DIFFERENT.  It was different because Michael is her husband, its different because she is a mom.  There is always a different set of rules that Ashley feels applies to her and you cannot do the same thing to her that she did to you.  Its why I'm not at all shocked to hear that Ashley was just as nasty and vitriolic to Candace online, but ITS DIFFERENT!  when its Ashley.  

On 11/15/2020 at 8:54 PM, Axie said:

I forgot that Wendy actually did something funny.  She handed Candyass her napkin, when Candyass was fake crying again, and said, "It's already folded."

Wendy is lowkey hilarious.  I love that she laughed at the practical joke and that she laughed at the saunter congo line.  I think its great that she has a sense of humor about herself.  

On 11/16/2020 at 11:23 AM, StillHere said:

This X a milion. And their self-righteousness is sooooo cynical, so damn intellectually dishonest, and zero to do with principle, honor or logic. 

Dyna Girl is trying to cheat the IRS out of 100K (and glibly laughs about) years after blowing the family fortune, yet brands a castmember as a bad mother; Electra Woman and her alleged suitor trots their daughters (poor girls must be so confused) out in the front of cameras to participate in selling their pathetic charade of a relationship, while claiming she has no idea how many children he has with other women.  

And the thing is ... They Don't Give Two Fucks About Candiace. Their goal is to get Monique off the show.; it has been since Monique's clapbacks during her first season. This shit is just a chess game. 

I don't see what owing taxes has to do with being a good, bad or indifferent mother.  I don't even see what being bad with money has to do with being a good or bad mother. 

On 11/16/2020 at 12:08 PM, Boofish said:

I just don't think the extent or the defining the relationship is what matters. I don't think any of the housewives have pure motives for half of the low down dirty crap they do.

But if I have to say something nice about George and Lennie from the franchises I watch theirs seem to be the only true genuine bond. But they also weaponize it against others. Not sure why everyone has to get their approval before being accepted into the group. I would love for the other ladies to turn on those two - or at least Gizelle.

But Ashley came to THEM for approval and backup.  If they don't agree with what she did they are justified in saying so and calling out her motives.  Ashley is the one who brought up her motives to try to get the GEB on her side.  I didn't see it as being self-righteous, they just saw Ashley for who and what she was and told her about it.  

To me, the intellectually dishonest one is Ashley, who, to me, lied about her motives from the start.  She was baiting Candace at the table and lying to her.  I do not think for a solitary nanosecond that Ashley wants to be Candace's "friend" and wants to "be there for her" and thats why she wanted to "clear the air" by going at her over and over and over.  No, she was doing that in hopes that Candace would blow up and Ashley could play victim.  Ashley coming to that like a year later after they had squashed it was more ridiculous than Wendy going back to take to Karen about her degrees and dissertations.  Robyn, as usual, saw through that, and was like "yeah, we thought this was all over" and Ashley's train started to come off the tracks.  And then when Robyn reminded her how Ashley came after her, and Gizelle reminded Ashley how she came after EVERYONE else on the cast....Ashley's train derailed entirely and she couldn't really justifiably keep needling Candace.  There is not a doubt in my mind that Ashley would have pasted that fake ass smile on her face and continued to go at Candace until she got upset had Robyn and Gizelle not intervened.  

I also think it was intellectually dishonest for Ashley to go to the GEB in the morning to try to get backup before she told Candace.  If Ashley really wanted to be a decent human being, she could have simply taken Candace aside in the morning and told her about it and explained herself.  No one needed to know but Candace, but the only reason she involved Gizelle and Robyn was to try to get backup.  I was happy to see it backfire on her.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, RealReality said:

Karen needs to put down the liquor bottle because she tells too much of their business when she's drunk.

Yep. I wonder if that’s why Karen wasn’t drinking much on the trip, because she was afraid she’d say something she’d later regret. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, drivethroo said:

I don't think so.  I don't think Candiace would be anywhere if her mother were not a professional.  If her mother were married to some jerk and lived in a tent, Candiace would be in the same spot Ashley's in now.  

My problem with Candiace last season was that she had no idea how her life was shaped by her privilege; some people do make it despite their circumstances, but those are the exceptions, not the rules.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I don't think so.  I don't think Candiace would be anywhere if her mother were not a professional.  If her mother were married to some jerk and lived in a tent, Candiace would be in the same spot Ashley's in now.  

That's assuming that she could be charming and shrewd enough to attract a sugar daddy in the first place. With all her privilege and education, a broke guy with two baby mamas was the best she could do, ( he also might be quite a bit older than her). White Chris seems nice enough but I am sure this was not the type of man Candiass imagined herself with. I am sure she would have much rather married a man with some coin just so she would not have to deal with her mother.

Not that I envy Ashley...I think her husband is a predator and he makes me sick but I do think she knew exactly what she was getting into by marrying him.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I disagree.  Ashley's in the spot she's in now because that's where she chooses to be.

Candiace's mother being/not being a professional and how that influences' Candiace's trajectory in life is totally different from Ashley's mother not being mentally/emotionally/economically sound enough to take care of a child and how that affected Ashley's trajectory in life.

Sheila being a suspected substance abuser unable to take care of her kids and bouncing them from house to house would have a greater effect on Ashley's lot in life than Dorothy being head cashier at Lowe's would have on Candiace's.

Even with Ashley's economic disadvantages compared to Candiace, both she and Candiace have at least one college degree.  But again, Candiace's advantage over Ashley after getting that degree is Candiace doesn't have to take care of her parents and siblings.  She doesn't have to house them, feed them or pay their bills.  Ashley does, because her mother is unable to provide for herself.

Dorothy's educational and professional background really can't be used to compare her with Sheila's educational and professional background because there are other issues that have nothing to do with education/profession afflicting Sheila and why Ashley is in life where she is.

If we slam Candiace for her mother's professional background, we also have to slam Gizelle, Robyn (and Katie) too.

3 hours ago, qtpye said:

White Chris seems nice enough but I am sure this was not the type of man Candiass imagined herself with. I am sure she would have much rather married a man with some coin just so she would not have to deal with her mother.

I think Candiace married Chris because he was not the type of man she was expected to bring home to her mother.  Her mother probably wanted her with some Obama type buppie and Candiace rebelled and brought home the total opposite of that.

4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

My problem with Candiace last season was that she had no idea how her life was shaped by her privilege; some people do make it despite their circumstances, but those are the exceptions, not the rules.  

It's really not Candiace's problem to realize her privilege so it won't make Ashley or Monique or anyone else feel bad.  It's not Candiace's problem if Ashley or Monique are mad Dorothy can afford to house Candiace in the townhouse and their mothers' couldn't.   Will Monique move out of her nice house and into a tri-level so Gizelle can feel better? Should Gizelle sell her $900K cabin and move to a 2 bedroom rental in Laurel so Candiace can feel better? 

The answer is no, it is what it is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

It's really not Candiace's problem to realize her privilege so it won't make Ashley or Monique or anyone else feel bad.  It's not Candiace's problem if Ashley or Monique are mad Dorothy can afford to house Candiace in the townhouse and their mothers' couldn't.   Will Monique move out of her nice house and into a tri-level so Gizelle can feel better? Should Gizelle sell her $900K cabin and move to a 2 bedroom rental in Laurel so Candiace can feel better? 

The answer is no, it is what it is.

I have to disagree with that.  Privilege is just that, a privilege, not something you should lord over others because in reality the only thing Candiace did for her privilege was to be Dorothy's daughter. 

• Love 2

There are no cast pictures on Robyn's website, just Robyn and the Katie look-a-like.  I guess none of them made the long term cut.   I thought Candiance's picture was stunning. She's quite photogenic.  As for the Karen's, it's like the photographer didn't even try. It was an unflattering pose and the lighting was too dark.

• Love 3
On 11/17/2020 at 3:30 AM, qtpye said:

I'm calling BS on this, especially since none of the other cast members are still up on the website.  If you didn't want drama, you put a picture of Karen up and low key replace it later.  Me thinks this drama is what she had to do to get another hat segment on air.

1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

It's really not Candiace's problem to realize her privilege so it won't make Ashley or Monique or anyone else feel bad.

No, she should realize her privilege because it will make it easier to have compassion and understanding for those who didn't have the same.  Recognizing our own privilege makes us better people.

I lost a quote somewhere about why Ashley is coming off looking bad with her letter, and it's because, to put it in Housewives' terms, she isn't OWNING IT. She's being mealy mouthed about what she did.  Just admit you're being a snake.  

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, lasu said:

I'm calling BS on this, especially since none of the other cast members are still up on the website.  If you didn't want drama, you put a picture of Karen up and low key replace it later.  Me thinks this drama is what she had to do to get another hat segment on air.

No, she should realize her privilege because it will make it easier to have compassion and understanding for those who didn't have the same.  Recognizing our own privilege makes us better people.

I lost a quote somewhere about why Ashley is coming off looking bad with her letter, and it's because, to put it in Housewives' terms, she isn't OWNING IT. She's being mealy mouthed about what she did.  Just admit you're being a snake.  

I agree with all this and I don't hate on anyone trying to get national attention for their brand with these little shenanigans.  If I get my sister or brothers wife for secret santa I am 100% buying them an Embellished cap (and if its my sister maybe L'Dame too), so all this free publicity is probably working.  When I went on Robyns site a lot of the stuff was sold out, which means she is keeping her product supply lean, which is probably smart until she gets an idea of demand, but she should stock up for the holidays.  

But  210% agree with you about the importance of recognizing privilege if you have it.  I always try to remember that I've had a fortunate, upper middle class upbringing, with access to education, financial help and the freedom from having to financially manage a parent.  I had two parents who were passionate about education and instilled that in all of us from an early age.  So, I try really hard not to judge a lot of people who are doing worse, because if I didn't have these advantages, I would be a damned mess and I know it.  

The first college I attended was a private, hoity toity school that was highly ranked.  The student body was full of rich kids.  And not upper middle class rich, like trust fund rich and "my dad is CEO and I went to boarding school" rich.  Rich, white kids with all the privileges and advantages life ever had to offer.  I would get disgusted listening to them complain that welfare and other government programs shouldn't exist because "people should pull themselves up by the bootstraps" and some such nonsense.  From kids who had never pulled themselves up and out of anything and who had parents who paid for everything from their education to their car, to their endless fucking supply of liquor.  They all complained about being expected to have compassion for anyone and they never did.  That degree of willful ignorance about the amount of privilege you have it nearly malignant, because to me, these are the kids who would grow up to refuse to pay taxes because they don't feel like anyone should be helped but them.  As if they weren't primed for success and given opportunities that others didn't have.  

• Love 7

FYI Potomac fans.  I ordered three of Robin’s hats while watching the earlier episode where her boys were helping her pack orders.  I thought they were adorable and picked up my phone ASAP.  I was notified right away they would ship sometime the first week of  December.  Can’t wait to see how they fit.  Lots of grays to cover up until 1/20/21!

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Julie McCoy said:

FYI Potomac fans.  I ordered three of Robin’s hats while watching the earlier episode where her boys were helping her pack orders.  I thought they were adorable and picked up my phone ASAP.  I was notified right away they would ship sometime the first week of  December.  Can’t wait to see how they fit.  Lots of grays to cover up until 1/20/21!

Please give a review!  

There are at least two people on my christmas list who id buy an embellished cap for, if its a good product.  

And LOL @1/20/21.  I feel you completely.  

• Love 1
On 11/18/2020 at 3:56 PM, RealReality said:

But  210% agree with you about the importance of recognizing privilege if you have it.  I always try to remember that I've had a fortunate, upper middle class upbringing, with access to education, financial help and the freedom from having to financially manage a parent.  I had two parents who were passionate about education and instilled that in all of us from an early age.  So, I try really hard not to judge a lot of people who are doing worse, because if I didn't have these advantages, I would be a damned mess and I know it.  

And this has always bugged me about Candiace.  I was fortunate.  I went to private school with some very wealthy children; I went to college when it was doable on a working class salary; I never had to financially manage my parents.  If I didn't have these advantages, goodness knows where I would be today. 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, Neurochick said:

And this has always bugged me about Candiace.  I was fortunate.  I went to private school with some very wealthy children; I went to college when it was doable on a working class salary; I never had to financially manage my parents.  If I didn't have these advantages, goodness knows where I would be today. 

I could see that, but I think Candace has her own unique set of struggles.  Poor little rich girl struggles I suppose.  But, I'd hate, hate, HATE to live off my parents.  Candace is controlled with silken puppet strings.  If she completely stopped taking Dorothy's money, Dorothy would be mad, but I think Candace would be much happier and would feel more free to walk away.   

Perhaps Candace uses her advantages as much a defense mechanism as any of the other women.  But I totally think what Candace has is a double edged sword.  She has to work every. fucking. day for that trust fund.  Maybe she is lucky in that she doesn't have to financially provide for her mom like Ashley does, but if Ashley decides to walk away from her mom, she can technically....completely walk away.  She wouldn't do it,, but there has to be some feeling of freedom in knowing that you can.  

• Love 6
On 11/23/2020 at 12:31 PM, RealReality said:

I could see that, but I think Candace has her own unique set of struggles.  Poor little rich girl struggles I suppose.  But, I'd hate, hate, HATE to live off my parents.  Candace is controlled with silken puppet strings.  If she completely stopped taking Dorothy's money, Dorothy would be mad, but I think Candace would be much happier and would feel more free to walk away.   

Perhaps Candace uses her advantages as much a defense mechanism as any of the other women.  But I totally think what Candace has is a double edged sword.  She has to work every. fucking. day for that trust fund.  Maybe she is lucky in that she doesn't have to financially provide for her mom like Ashley does, but if Ashley decides to walk away from her mom, she can technically....completely walk away.  She wouldn't do it,, but there has to be some feeling of freedom in knowing that you can.  

I also doubt Candace is the only one in this group who has taken substantial financial assistance from a parent. I’ve always guessed that Robyn’s parents have supported her off and on between whatever was going on with Juan. And I wouldn’t be surprised if family money contributed to Giselle’s lifestyle after her divorce. I just think they have a better relationship with their parents so they don’t say the quiet part loud like Candace and her mom do. I actually think if either of them was willing to try Candace and Ashley might see that they have some similar issues from growing up with a parent who used money (or a lack of money) to create codependency in adulthood.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 5