Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E07: Hugh Grant, Nigella Lawson, Jamie Foxx, Tina Fey, Romesh Ranganathan, Amy Adams, Dua Lipa

• Start Topic

Among the guests joining Graham tonight: actor Hugh Grant, starring in psychological thriller The Undoing; TV cook and food writer Nigella Lawson, talking about her new book Cook, Eat, Repeat; Hollywood stars Jamie Foxx and Tina Fey, voicing the new Disney animation Soul; comedian Romesh Ranganathan, promoting his new book As Good As It Gets: Life Lessons from a Reluctant Adult; and six-time Oscar nominee Amy Adams, starring in the latest film from Ron Howard, Hillbilly Elegy. With music from Dua Lipa, who performs her song Levitating.

Getting really, literally, sick of these “celebrities” talking about “taking a shit” and  having sex.  I’m no prude but bathroom humor is not funny to me, it’s gross and classless.  Immediately turned me off to that comedian. You couldn’t pay me to read his book. 🤮

On 11/28/2020 at 4:47 PM, dubbel zout said:

I always enjoy him, but he kind of hogged the attention.

I think he's one of the bigger in-studio guests that has been on the show in a while as opposed to Zoom people.  I think Nigella sort of faded into the background as she's clearly not as gregarious as Romesh and Hugh but I didn't really think either of them was intentionally hogging the floor.

In fact, I think this episode was as close to recreating the magic of everyone on the same couch as Hugh and Romesh were a little more off-the-cuff and conversational as opposed to waiting for Graham to ask a question. 

• Love 3