Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E02: Whitney's Long-Distance Relationship

• Start Topic

Man I hope that whatever TLC is paying Tal it’s worth it. He comes off as such an obsequious little worm-man. He really just enables Twit’s behavior full stop. Maybe he’s supposed to be the “Greek Chorus” of the show or something. But he just comes off as so sanctimonious and super annoying to me. More snarky Todd please!

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

why would he want his image so compromised -especially since he's in the hospitality business?

Chase doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed.  He and Ryan probably discussed the idea over many beers and by the end of the night it sounded like an easy way to make some cash so he agreed.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9

The flashback of Buddy in the driveway saying he was done with all of this really told me something, like the whole Chase/Whitney is totally fake ( which we knew anyway )and he is probably tired of Whitney making him look like he is the scorned jealous man who has loved her since her first order of 4 pizzas one night long ago. I do believe they are setting us up for the "breakup" early on with this whole distance thing and that would be the cause of Whitney sobbing into her size 30 dress the night before the nuptials because she had to break up with him because he would not move. One minute we hear Chase manages the bar on the weekends and yet he said he owned it - which is it ?  I also hated the way that Whitney made Buddy feel like he was wrong for what he said about the log, he, in my mind was right and she is just a loser. And Glen, you are 74 years old - why not retire, downsize and enjoy life ?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, sempervivum said:

But what does Chase get out of any of these 'scenarios'? They all make him look like the bad guy. Unless they're paying him a lot more than most reality shows seem to and/or he's really in debt, why would he want his image so compromised -especially since he's in the hospitality business?

At a guess, Chase wasn't really thinking of his reputation when he decided to join his pal Ryan in participating in the show.  I think he was probably persuaded to sign on for the fun of it (hey guys! I'm going to be on TV!") and the paycheck and the travel, and the hang-around time with Ryan. And let's face it, Whitney and her show aren't all THAT famous -  it's not as if he was taking on a substantial role on Game of Thrones. I'm sure he's not thrilled with how the script is playing out, but I don't think it's going to hurt his image at all with the college girls at his bar, who don't seem like Whitney's fan base in any case.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I have to hand it to Whitney. She is very skilled at one thing. One would think that a story about a woman who is planning a wedding, building a fitness business, dealing with a pandemic, and then finding out that her fiance has impregnated another woman would  at least have some interest value. But she has managed to make it coma-inducingly boring. That takes some real talent.

• LOL 14
  • Love 10

I was just in awe of the fact that Casey Chase left that Hallmark card under his doormat with the key for Whitney.  

What a sweeping romantic gesture, declaring his love and asking her to move in with him.

I was positively swooning.

Nah, seriously, who do we think really wrote that prop card, Whitney herself or a crew member?  😂😂😂

Also, who else thinks TLC held Casey's Chase's paycheck over his head unless he came back to film some of these scenes to make Whitney look like the wronged party and he look like an incorrigible cheating prick?  

Whatever the circumstances, I hope he's laughing all the way to the bank.  

ETA:  I'm also guessing his TLC paycheck helped him to finance the bar, so good for him.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Tipsymcstagger said:

Man I hope that whatever TLC is paying Tal it’s worth it. He comes off as such an obsequious little worm-man. He really just enables Twit’s behavior full stop

ALL her friends do. Except Todd who we haven't seen much of so far. 

Whit and BooBear have a sick relationship. They are both extremely co-dependant on one another. One thing is for sure, BooBear is a miserable, depressed, fat, asshole prick whether he is stoned or sober. The core personality doesn't change with him. 

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

At a guess, Chase wasn't really thinking of his reputation when he decided to join his pal Ryan in participating in the show.  I think he was probably persuaded to sign on for the fun of it (hey guys! I'm going to be on TV!") and the paycheck and the travel, and the hang-around time with Ryan. And let's face it, Whitney and her show aren't all THAT famous -  it's not as if he was taking on a substantial role on Game of Thrones. I'm sure he's not thrilled with how the script is playing out, but I don't think it's going to hurt his image at all with the college girls at his bar, who don't seem like Whitney's fan base in any case.

I (choose to) think this was concocted by Casey and Ryan, too.

I think Ryan made contact with Whitney to build his brand and get the exposure.

I don't think he had planned on having to fend her off of his dick, which clearly wasn't what he wanted.

I like to think Chase just took one for the team and agreed to keep her distracted so Ryan could be strictly business with her.  

I could be wrong, but it gives me the warm fuzzies thinking about this asshole getting a karmic comeuppance.  😄 

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 3

I wasn't going to watch this season. But I want to see Twit's fake break-up meltdown.

She can't move to be with her fiance because "OMG, I have so much going on here in Charlotte"  Sis, you don't work. What a crock of bull. This storyline was written well in advance when Chase was hired by TLC. She knew about the girlfriend .

I'm not a Buddy fan but it was shocking to hear his innermost thoughts laid out. He wants to 'burn the world down' and 'tickle his temple" aka, blow his brains out. I've said this before: he should not be on a reality tv program. It's not a good thing for his sobriety or his mental health.

I wonder how Buddy will feel when he sees his bff whisper gossip about him as soon as she lumbered back into the house.

"I'm a very competitive person"  In Twit's mind, competitiveness means launching her stumpy body across a log like an "obese turtle flailing on its back in the hot sun**."  (**Thanks, Anderson Cooper) Look around, Twit, nobody else is around.

She's not competitive. She's an idiot. A clown.

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 16
45 minutes ago, sara1025 said:

"After I won the 2nd place metal at the weight lifting championship"

Wait, the competition where she placed second out of 2 people? Why does she constantly bring that up like it's a huge accomplishment?

Every time she says this I want to scream.  You got a freaking participation trophy, 2nd out of 2 is not a win.  1st place is a win, deal with it.

It struck me when I was watching that the only real thing on this show is the pandemic. 

So Twit wants her "fiance" to move 3 hours away from his two jobs to do what?  Hang out at the townhouse 24/7?  I find it hard to believe she wouldn't jump at the chance to move in with him if this was real. 

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

Every time she says this I want to scream.  You got a freaking participation trophy, 2nd out of 2 is not a win.  1st place is a win, deal with it.

And frankly if the person who beat her is actually a real weightlifter in any way I guarantee she doesn’t see it as a win even though she got 1st place. She would see it as a practice. Real athletes understand that winning is more than the actual place you get. First place doesn’t mean much if there isn’t any competition. I guarantee beating Whitney to get ‘first place’ meant nothing to that other competitor. 

• Love 9
40 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:
1 hour ago, Tipsymcstagger said:

Man I hope that whatever TLC is paying Tal it’s worth it. He comes off as such an obsequious little worm-man. He really just enables Twit’s behavior full stop

ALL her friends do. Except Todd who we haven't seen much of so far. 

ITA. But for some reason Tal just seems more sanctimonious about it. He’s always white knighting her. But - they all do. Jessica included. She is so far up Twit’s butt that I’ll bet she can’t breathe.

Also - Whitney needs to balance out her workouts with some cardio. All strength training on a body that huge is killing her joints. She needs to concentrate on losing a substantial amount of weight. But who am I kidding? She won’t put down the fork. 

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

A wee bit off topic, but I used to breed and show dogs.

At a major show, I bumped into a friend of mine who had just come out of the ring with her entry and was holding a 2nd place ribbon.

I saw it in her hand and congratulated her.

She said, "But he was the only one in his class."  

Her dog had actually gotten a 2nd place out of a class of one due to his poor quality.  😳

Every time I hear Whitney bring up that 2nd place out of 2 entries, I laugh and wish they would have given her a 3rd place out of 2 entries.  😂

• LOL 19
  • Love 1

Am I the only one who can't stand Whit's extensions this season? If you're going to keep hair that long, it's got to be styled and cared for and that mop looks as unkempt as ever (except when she's professionally made up for her talking head moments - then I can't stop looking at the orange lipstick).

I'll give Chase a small credit that doing this role isn't going to hurt him in the hospitality industry at all. He's not a celebrity chef with a show on the Food Network. And the patrons of the establishments he's associated with likely aren't viewers of this sad little show (except maybe to laugh at how ridiculous Whitney's antics are). He's going to walk away from this with a padded bank account and a brand new baby.

15 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

And frankly if the person who beat her is actually a real weightlifter in any way I guarantee she doesn’t see it as a win even though she got 1st place. She would see it as a practice. Real athletes understand that winning is more than the actual place you get. First place doesn’t mean much if there isn’t any competition. I guarantee beating Whitney to get ‘first place’ meant nothing to that other competitor. 

True dat. Whitney is only going to be serious competition at a pie eating contest. And I'm still trying to figure out how she qualified for that competition since the rules were that she would have had to compete in lower level bouts before qualifying for the championship and if I remember right, they made a big deal about this being her first competition. The only answer is TLC paying a hefty fee to get her in the doors.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 11/14/2020 at 8:23 PM, 3girlsforus said:

I want to hear how they are going to sell the idea that Chase, the guy with two jobs in Wilmington, should move to Charlotte where she has a hobby she occasionally participates in. 

That's what I keep yelling at the TV.  Why does *he* have to move?  Isn't her only "job" making those workout videos?  Could that not happen in Wilmington?  Didn't you love her patronizingly announcing that the bar can get along without him?  What a twat she is.

I really hate myself for wanting Whitney to get her comeuppance (over and over again) but she has such an entitled attitude, is so cavalier about her "friends," is so lacking in self-awareness and so basically blind to reality that I can't help myself.  It will help move the cosmos out of whack if she does not have to suffer consequences.

• Love 10

2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

One minute we hear Chase manages the bar on the weekends and yet he said he owned it - which is it ?  I also hated the way that Whitney made Buddy feel like he was wrong for what he said about the log, he, in my mind was right and she is just a loser. 

I believe he's an "investor" - make of that what you will.  Buddy was totally right about the log, and the fact that Whitney says she has to do these things "as a fat person, to prove something to others" - what are you proving to others as they have to enter the mud they jumped over to pull you out, or push your hindquarters over a log, or wait around in the cold for you to do it?  You are proving that you are a self-centered pain in the ass.  Challenge yourself in private, why don't you, so that you can join in on these adventures without bringing everyone else down to your level?

1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

Nah, seriously, who do we think really wrote that prop card, Whitney herself or a crew member?  😂😂😂

It looked like more than one person's handwriting to me 😄 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 11/18/2020 at 8:08 AM, Tipsymcstagger said:

More snarky Todd please!

Didn’t it seem like Todd was unusually quiet in this last episode?  Why do you think that happened?  Was he told to be seen and not heard?  It’s just not like him to not have snide comments on any of the shenanigans that happened with all this drivel.

Edited by HighlandWarriorGrl
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, princelina said:

It looked like more than one person's handwriting to me 😄 

I noticed that, too.  

It looked like one of those office birthday cards that gets passed around for co-workers to sign.  

Maybe the production crew really did pass it around so everyone could sign it 😂

11 minutes ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Didn’t it seem like Todd was unusually quiet in this last episode?  Why do you think that happened?  Was he told to be seen and not heard?  It just not like him to have comments on any of the shenanigans that happened with all this drivel.

Yeah, at first I didn't think he was even there, but it showed him in a couple of shots.  

Maybe he's just showing up for the paycheck and has zero fucks left to give about this shitshow.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Regarding whether  Twit new earlier: I saw (and reported in this forum) the post about the pregnancy on Reddit in early April.  We *all* know  Twit  haunts Reddit AND this forum. Also, she posted a video on IG after the breakup where she made a comment that she had "heard the rumors " so I'm pretty sure she knew.

As for Chase's  rep in the hospitality industry,  at the time he joined the show,  he hadn't bought the bar. That's a late 2019 purchase. Plus, it's a college bar, and being an azzhole is a very "bro" thing to do.

His main job is as a bookkeeper for a construction company.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

At a major show, I bumped into a friend of mine who had just come out of the ring with her entry and was holding a 2nd place ribbon.

Her dog had actually gotten a 2nd place out of a class of one due to his poor quality.  😳

Every time I hear Whitney bring up that 2nd place out of 2 entries, I laugh and wish they would have given her a 3rd place out of 2 entries.  😂

I once took the "women's champion " trophy in a chess tournament.  I was the only woman competing. 😄 That trophy went in the trash--- I value REAL accomplishments.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

I once took the "women's champion " trophy in a chess tournament.  I was the only woman competing. 😄 That trophy went in the trash--- I value REAL accomplishments.  

Be proud!  At least they didn't give you a second place ribbon ❤️  

34 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Regarding whether  Twit new earlier: I saw (and reported in this forum) the post about the pregnancy on Reddit in early April.  We *all* know  Twit  haunts Reddit AND this forum. Also, she posted a video on IG after the breakup where she made a comment that she had "heard the rumors " so I'm pretty sure she knew.

As for Chase's  rep in the hospitality industry,  at the time he joined the show,  he hadn't bought the bar. That's a late 2019 purchase. Plus, it's a college bar, and being an azzhole is a very "bro" thing to do.

His main job is as a bookkeeper for a construction company.  

Do you think she knew he had a real-life girlfriend before he joined the cast, or do you think she found out about the real-life girlfriend while they were filming?

You see what I'm doing here?  I'm trying to prove to myself that she was blindsided by it all (because she's such a wretched asshole 😄

• Love 1
On 11/14/2020 at 12:26 PM, Colleenna said:

That was my thought as well. Hellooooo, Charlotte,  Greensboro,  and Wilmington are ALL in NC. 

Or maybe it's for the benefit of some of her brain trust fans who might think Chase is in Wilmington  Delaware. 

I know you are joking, but that is the first thought that popped into my head.  

1 hour ago, Colleenna said:

I was once entered in a swimming competition where I was the only swimmer in my age and class. I was invited to swim the laps in order to "win" and I'm glad that I had the class to decline. I didn't need to subject the audience to watching me swim the 50 meter freestyle all by my lonesome.

12 minutes ago, Bookworm 1979 said:

Her hairline almost looks like it's been painted on.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if she was using that shaker hair to fill things in. The long extensions would just put more stress on her own hair and make it look thinner. She would be so much better off with her natural hair worn in a short, neat style that would make the most of what she's got. I chopped off my hair into a very short bob when I saw a lot of hair loss after my surgery but now that I'm not losing so much hair, I'm letting it grow in again. Extensions just cause more damage and trying to mask that just makes the whole thing look worse.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

It looked like one of those office birthday cards that gets passed around for co-workers to sign.  

Maybe the production crew really did pass it around so everyone could sign it 😂

Can I just say how much I hate that? I work in an office of about 20 people and every couple of weeks a card treated with a secrecy level normally reserved for the Coke formula. Tom knows he is getting a card and everyone in the office will be obligated to sign it, this isn't the CIA, just leave it by the coffee maker in the kitchen.

As for the Whit living situation, do none devoutly religious (arguably independent) adults NOT live together before marriage these days? I thought that was just a thing you sorted out before you walked down the aisle. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Is Whit using Hair in a can ?  For some reason it does not look natural - at least on the forehead

I'm sure she is. She is very thin on top with some bald patches. She actually showed the process her hair dresser goes through when she adds extra hair, and they showed the thin spots. It's pretty bad am I'm surprised she showed that. She also said that eventually she would lose all of her hair and will have to wear full wigs. I felt kind of proud of her for talking about it and sorry for her at the same time for showing that but guess what? She has removed it from social media, can't find it anywhere. 

I bet production told Buddy that if he wants to keep collecting his TLC check he needs to get his fat ass back to the house and apologize to Whitney because she's soooooo upset. What better way to apologize than to threaten to blow your brains out? He has said this to her before and it works every time. Reduces her to a puddle of tears. Well played BooBear. 

Let me just say that if Buddy is really feeling depressed, suicidal, angry, pissed at the world then it's all the more reason he needs to be attending AA or NA meetings every single day. I don't think he's doing that but what the fuck do I know. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

I was once entered in a swimming competition where I was the only swimmer in my age and class. I was invited to swim the laps in order to "win" and I'm glad that I had the class to decline. I didn't need to subject the audience to watching me swim the 50 meter freestyle all by my lonesome.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if she was using that shaker hair to fill things in. The long extensions would just put more stress on her own hair and make it look thinner. She would be so much better off with her natural hair worn in a short, neat style that would make the most of what she's got. I chopped off my hair into a very short bob when I saw a lot of hair loss after my surgery but now that I'm not losing so much hair, I'm letting it grow in again. Extensions just cause more damage and trying to mask that just makes the whole thing look worse.

Sorry, off topic, and I don't know the nature of your hair loss, but I had some fairly minor hair loss of my already-thin hair due to damage, and later hormonal changes, and Nutrafol really helped it grow back much faster and in better condition. I'm surprised now when I touch it sometimes because it's always been really fine and it's noticeably thicker. It's pricey, but worth it.

I use extensions regularly because they're fun, and because I have fine hair, it takes careful placement to keep the clips from showing, and it DOES stress the hair. My hair is thin, but it's more plentiful than Whitney's, and when I see her with the long scraggly extensions it makes my scalp cringe. Nothing wrong with extensions if you want to wear them, but you're right that they do stress your hair out, and she'd be better served by shorter, more natural looking extensions that don't stress your hair that much. And that high pony, yikes.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

. As I and others pointed out, with a business based in Wilmington, it's just not reasonable to expect Chase to leave it in order to move to where Whitney was living (whereas her "business" allows her to live wherever she wants). A business like a bar or restaurant requires on site management every single day and isn't something that Chase would be able to manage from four hours away. Whitney seems to want Chase to make all the sacrifices in order to prove how important she is to him but given that the relationship isn't real, the drama of this "conflict" falls flat.

Yes, I've said the same on here. I don't think think that's anything I've seen people disagree with on this board.

I must not have been clear in my post because what I was saying is that they had the opportunity to make her look even less like an asshole and they didn't take it.

Edited by mamadrama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, John M said:

Can I just say how much I hate that? I work in an office of about 20 people and every couple of weeks a card treated with a secrecy level normally reserved for the Coke formula. Tom knows he is getting a card and everyone in the office will be obligated to sign it, this isn't the CIA, just leave it by the coffee maker in the kitchen.

As for the Whit living situation, do none devoutly religious (arguably independent) adults NOT live together before marriage these days? I thought that was just a thing you sorted out before you walked down the aisle. 

IN my office it takes them so long to get the card around that it shows up as a happy little surprise a month or two after your actual birthday.  My birthday is next week and I'm expecting a gift from my boss on Monday and a card sometime in January 😄 

And yes, there are plenty of religious people who do not live together (or even sleep together) before marriage.  I'm not surprised that Whit thinks it must happen - I was surprised that her parents didn't point out to her that it's not necessary.

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm sure she is. She is very thin on top with some bald patches. She actually showed the process her hair dresser goes through when she adds extra hair, and they showed the thin spots. It's pretty bad am I'm surprised she showed that. She also said that eventually she would lose all of her hair and will have to wear full wigs. I felt kind of proud of her for talking about it and sorry for her at the same time for showing that but guess what? She has removed it from social media, can't find it anywhere. 

I bet production told Buddy that if he wants to keep collecting his TLC check he needs to get his fat ass back to the house and apologize to Whitney because she's soooooo upset. What better way to apologize than to threaten to blow your brains out? He has said this to her before and it works every time. Reduces her to a puddle of tears. Well played BooBear. 

Let me just say that if Buddy is really feeling depressed, suicidal, angry, pissed at the world then it's all the more reason he needs to be attending AA or NA meetings every single day. I don't think he's doing that but what the fuck do I know. 

I remember seeing a SM post of hers (someone posted here) of her cutting her hair into an above-shoulders bob after the quarantine started.  It looked much more attractive and had some body to disguise the thinning.  

As for Buddy, if he is actually in AA/NA good for him and I wish him success, but I've always taken that story with a grain of salt.  Remember the drama of them walking into her attic and it looked like it had been professionally cleaned?  "Where's Buddy?"  Hand overplayed IMO.  If it's a fake story I'm glad he has the power to make her look/feel like an ass.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I do not see what Buddy had to apologize for.  Twit was being the asshole and he actually sounded reasonable until she went off on him.  Then he was mad (not jealous as they want to spin it) and I totally get where he was coming from.  It felt like the most real part of this reality shit show that I’ve seen in ages.  Not only did it make me mad that he came back and apologized afterward, but I was really disturbed by the hinting at suicide that he was doing in this episode.   Look, watching these idiots doing their scripted reality and then snarking about it afterward is something I’m on board for, but I don’t find suicide, or hinting at suicide entertaining and I won’t be part of it.  If Buddy is ACTUALLY contemplating suicide, get him the hell off of this show and into a residential program that will help him in private and not for Twitney or our entertainment.  It’s no joke, period.  If this is scripted bullshit, shame on all of them!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, princelina said:

I remember seeing a SM post of hers (someone posted here) of her cutting her hair into an above-shoulders bob after the quarantine started. 

Yes, a number of us speculated about a breakup when she did that, because  (a) she wasn't wearing her engagement ring and  (b) hair cutting is how some women react to a breakup (metaphorically  cutting ties?)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Colleenna said:

Yes, a number of us speculated about a breakup when she did that, because  (a) she wasn't wearing her engagement ring and  (b) hair cutting is how some women react to a breakup (metaphorically  cutting ties?)

Or in her case trying to make him rue the day by becoming more attractive - hair cutting is easier than losing 100+ lbs!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Awwww, poor doggie, I better he’s better behaved than Whitney, more clothed, and doesn’t  pee in inappropriate places.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
20 hours ago, sara1025 said:

"After I won the 2nd place metal at the weight lifting championship"

Wait, the competition where she placed second out of 2 people? Why does she constantly bring that up like it's a huge accomplishment?

That's what Whitney does. She puts in a little work and wants a medal, then flaunts it forever because she knows she'd do much more poorly in a major competition with lots of people. Whitney wants immediate gratification and moves on when the sport/activity becomes challenging or takes longer than she'd like to "win" something at it (but never lets us forget she placed out of 2 people). 

At first I had respect for what Whitney was doing with the lifting, but she went and did that thing she always does with the "competitions" and acting like she just made the Olympics. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

but I don’t find suicide, or hinting at suicide entertaining and I won’t be part of it.  If Buddy is ACTUALLY contemplating suicide, get him the hell off of this show and into a residential program that will help him in private and not for Twitney or our entertainment.  It’s no joke, period.  If this is scripted bullshit, shame on all of them!

It's not the first time he has said this to Whitney. On camera. It is disturbing. Like I said upthread, they have a sick relationship and you would think that if Buddy is feeling that way and confiding to her that he feels that way, then why Whit try to get him help? Does she not give a damn about anybody other than herself?                                                              

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Does she not give a damn about anybody other than herself?                                                              

Nope. She reminds me of that song from 12+ years ago... "It's All About Me."

• Love 3
On 11/16/2020 at 10:12 PM, mamadrama said:

They used to release these episodes On Demand a day or two before they aired. I miss that. Netflix has ruined my TV watching. Now I only want to binge. 

Me too!

• Love 1
On 11/17/2020 at 8:14 PM, MrsBug said:

And LOL at Chase being so jealous or controlling about Whitney and Buddy , meanwhile he is off impregnating someone else.

And that, my dear, is called IRONY! 🤣🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Chase is going to be painted as selfish that he wasn't willing to completely abandon his very real responsibilities and make things more convenient for Whitney, whereas her "business" pretty much allows her to live anywhere yet she is incapable of bending even the slightest bit in order to make things work. We're going to be treated to the narrative that poor Whiney did all the work, but mean selfish Chase was only focused on himself and took advantage of her.

She said something that makes me think Chase owns his home. I realize Whitney owns her home but rents it out because it's in a larger city; and she is renting her Charlotte townhouse -so that is one more reason it makes sense for Chase to stay put. I'm guessing the real estate market in his tiny town is much slower for both rental and sales than it is for Greensboro.

One minute we hear Chase manages the bar on the weekends and yet he said he owned it - which is it ?  I also hated the way that Whitney made Buddy feel like he was wrong for what he said about the log, he, in my mind was right and she is just a loser. 

Why can't he be both weekend manager and owner? Plenty of people who own small bars and restaurants work in them, especially when they are just starting up. Plus it sounds like he enjoys being there.

I use extensions regularly because they're fun, and because I have fine hair, it takes careful placement to keep the clips from showing, and it DOES stress the hair. My hair is thin, but it's more plentiful than Whitney's, and when I see her with the long scraggly extensions it makes my scalp cringe. Nothing wrong with extensions if you want to wear them, but you're right that they do stress your hair out, and she'd be better served by shorter, more natural looking extensions that don't stress your hair that much. And that high pony, yikes.

Whit used to have the tape-in extensions. I don't know what she has now but I used to have tape-ins. Your only ponytail choices with those are a high ponytail, or right at the base of your neck (which is pretty but doesn't really get your hair up off your neck to keep you cooler). That type of extension has to lie flat against the head and each one is maybe 3/4 inch wide. There is no way to keep the tapes laying flat on the head and do the sort of standard, middle of the head, ponytail.

• Useful 1

Chase IS part owner of the bar. He also manages it. It's not really even a bar, it's a pretty good-sized live music venue, bar, and grill. It's one of the biggest in Wilmington. They keep calling it a "college bar", but it's a lot more than that. It was very successful before COVID. He owns his home and has worked in the finance world in Wilmington for almost 8 years. Despite his stint on MBFFL as a hipster looking "bro", IRL he seems to have a lot of shit together and is fairly successful. Both of his jobs are legit. It would make no sense for Chase to give that up to move to Charlotte where he has nothing, especially when all Whit has is an online exercise class that could literally be filmed from anywhere. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Chase IS part owner of the bar. He also manages it. It's not really even a bar, it's a pretty good-sized live music venue, bar, and grill. It's one of the biggest in Wilmington. They keep calling it a "college bar", but it's a lot more than that. It was very successful before COVID. He owns his home and has worked in the finance world in Wilmington for almost 8 years. Despite his stint on MBFFL as a hipster looking "bro", IRL he seems to have a lot of shit together and is fairly successful. Both of his jobs are legit. It would make no sense for Chase to give that up to move to Charlotte where he has nothing, especially when all Whit has is an online exercise class that could literally be filmed from anywhere. 

Here's his LinkedIn:  https://www.linkedin.com/in/chaseseverino/

He looks so much better without that long, greasy hair.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

She said something that makes me think Chase owns his home. I realize Whitney owns her home but rents it out because it's in a larger city; and she is renting her Charlotte townhouse -so that is one more reason it makes sense for Chase to stay put. I'm guessing the real estate market in his tiny town is much slower for both rental and sales than it is for Greensboro.

Why can't he be both weekend manager and owner? Plenty of people who own small bars and restaurants work in them, especially when they are just starting up. Plus it sounds like he enjoys being there.

Whit used to have the tape-in extensions. I don't know what she has now but I used to have tape-ins. Your only ponytail choices with those are a high ponytail, or right at the base of your neck (which is pretty but doesn't really get your hair up off your neck to keep you cooler). That type of extension has to lie flat against the head and each one is maybe 3/4 inch wide. There is no way to keep the tapes laying flat on the head and do the sort of standard, middle of the head, ponytail.

Just as an aside, Wilmington is not a tiny little town. It’s a city. 

• Love 5

It's a 3 hr. drive from Greensboro to Wilmington. It's a 3 hr 20 min drive from Charlotte to Wilmington. They could have easily made the "long distance" relationship work. You visit each other on your days off, you take turns on who is driving to who and if the man you are madly in love with has to work you drive over there anyway and occupy yourself while he is working and spend his time off together. That is assuming the relationship was real and/or your boyfriend wasn't busy cheating and impregnating another in which case never mind........

Edited by bichonblitz
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

When they were talking about having her visit him and finally see the bar, she said she would if it's important to him.  It should have been important to her to see something that is so important to him and which he is being so successful at.  Also, it matters not one bit if the clientele are younger...she's not going there to be a customer.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

It's a 3 hr. drive from Greensboro to Wilmington. It's a 3 hr 20 min drive from Charlotte to Wilmington. They could have easily made the "long distance" relationship work. You visit each other on your days off, you take turns on who is driving to who and if the man you are madly in love with has to work you drive over there anyway and occupy yourself while he is working and spend his time off together. That is assuming the relationship was real and/or your boyfriend wasn't busy cheating and impregnating another in which case never mind........

13 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

When they were talking about having her visit him and finally see the bar, she said she would if it's important to him.  It should have been important to her to see something that is so important to him and which he is being so successful at.  Also, it matters not one bit if the clientele are younger...she's not going there to be a customer.

Ah yes - this all makes so much sense except for the fact that Whitney has no concept of other people. Whitney never does anything Whitney doesn’t want to do just because it would make someone else happy. That includes her supposed fiancé. Why would she be bored waiting for him to get off of his job when he could just abandon his responsibilities to attend to her? Why would she go all the way to Wilmington to learn something about her future life partner and see his success and talents when that will not result in people sitting around praising her? It would only be about him. That just doesn’t compute in Twitland. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Wilmington isn't a tiny town. It's a thriving seaside resort community with a population of 123,000. It's the 8th biggest town in North Carolina. Several Hollywood production companies have studios there and they do a lot of filming. The real estate industry is booming and competitive in Wilmington. Median price is $250,000 which is higher than the rest of the state. Because of its tourism and proximity to the beach the real estate market there is even more competitive than Greensboro's. It's in the fastest growing county in the state. There is one major university, University of North Carolina Wilmington, and several community colleges. His bar is not small. It's a live music venue that has one of the biggest capacities in the city. They have full, concert level specs. This isn't your hole in the wall watering place. It's not a place that can be managed from afar-before COVID it had regularly sold out events. 

With a full-time job in accounting and managing the bar in a beautiful resort town, it makes no sense for Chase to move to Charlotte. Not even Whitney herself has to be in Charlotte. 

• Love 9

I’ve looked at this from every angle, and I don’t see how Chase is not a scumbag.  

Whitney and her barnacles may be scumbags too, but two (or several) things can be true at once.  

What kind of sick puppy goes on national reality television, pretends to fall in love with a woman, tell her he thinks she weighs 250 lbs (which is the equivalent of telling a 180 lb woman that she looks like she’s 110 lbs), pretends to be jealous of male friends, travels to France with said woman, puts a ring on her damned finger, laments after the fact that he should have asked her dad’s permission and the whole thing is untrue?  

Forget Whitney—I’ll assume for the sake of argument that she was in on this—what about the viewers?  TLC bills this as a reality TV show.  I think about a million people tune in each week.  At least this viewer tunes in expecting to see some version of reality, warped as it may be.  And Chase thinks he can just take a million people for a ride, and it’s all hunky dory?  Why is that ok?

What type of legacy does this leave for his spawn—what is he going to tell them—“that really nice swing set out back?  We have that because daddy pretended to be into a fat chick on TV for a few years.  Yeah, I was acting.  I actually loved your mom.  Oh no, the public didn’t know I was acting <beard scratch>. It was complicated.  We could have afforded nice things anyway, given I was gainfully employed at the time, but this was an easy pay day.  I’ll teach you a little more about that as you get older.”  What a model citizen.  

I would not claim him as a family member.  I would have no idea how to explain to people how or why my brother/son/husband/dad was such an asshole.  I guess Chase’s mom was super smart not to deign to appear on this show.  

This reminds me of last season when Heather was apparently spreading the message on social media that the show wasn’t really real, and they were mostly acting.  That’s having your cake and eating it too, and it doesn’t jive with me.  To me, if they are even vaguely honest people, they all have three options:  They can assume all responsibility for their characters on reality TV, get off TV, or do what self-respecting actors do and go down to casting calls like every other wannnabe talent, and cut your teeth with a shit-ton of rejection.  

Maybe Chase will get lucky and they’ll reboot Dawson’s Creek, shoot it in Wilmington again, and he can get cast as some creepy uncle with jacked up teeth, a nose only Pinocchio could love, and a beard that knows no bounds.  Or maybe they’ll shoot I Know What You Did Last Summer III there and he can play the murderer!  

But it’s total loser bullshit to take the easy way out, pocket a check, and expect people to look you in the eye and respect you as a person.  This behavior makes ambulance chasing attorneys who advertise on TV that they can get you a settlement if you were molested by a clergy person look like choir boys, because at least they are telling the truth.

I’m not sure when it became ok to lie on such a grand scale.  If Chase wants to do this, cool, I’m not sure he’s breaking any laws, I will just never for the life of me understand the celebration of being dishonest for no good reason.  

Say what you will about Buddy—and there is much to be said—but when he did that stand-up comedy, it was (likely) real, and he took his licks for being a total underperformer like a real human person.  Wow, Chase, you managed to make Buddy look like a man amongst men.  Great job.  I hope he’s proud of himself.  I hope he can sleep at night.  I hope he’s rehearsed what he’s going to tell his poor kids about values.  

If I lived in Wilmington, I would make sure he was at least six degrees away from my social circle, and I wouldn’t hire his services if my life depended on it.  Why would I ever think he wasn’t skimming off the top or finding some other way to rip me off, because that is his character?  Liars also tend to cheat and steal. It’s all on a continuum.  

I don’t know if this is a spoiler, because it hasn’t been properly announced on the show yet, and it’s common knowledge, but I’ll put it in spoiler tags just in case:

Spoiler

I’m one of those people who thinks parents should be married before they procreate, and yes, shit happens, but that’s when you march down to the courthouse and get married ASAP if you’re compatible at all.  I suspect there are dozens of other people who think like me in North Carolina.  So three cheers for dad of the year Chase for announcing he knocked up his baby mama out of wedlock and while he was ‘engaged’ to someone else.  That poor child whose mother and father think that the details surrounding his or her conception are fodder for public consumption and don’t offer their innocent baby a scintilla of privacy. Totally gross trash people.  Say what you want about Whitney—she never brought innocent kids into her machinations.

I’m done with him.  I kind of want to see the fallout kind of the way it’s hard to look away from a car wreck, but once that happens, I may very well be done.  There is something so sordid about this show now that things have gone from “oh my God, look, a 365 lbs woman is riding a horse!” to the bottom of the barrel slime into which this has descended. 

I shouldn’t feel like I need a shower after climbing on my couch with my popcorn to watch a 300-lb bimbo make an ass of herself day in and day out.  Once real people really start to get taken for a ride—what is that phrase our parents said—I’m not mad, I’m just disappointed.  

• Love 2