Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E19: Inherit the Earth

BabySpinach
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, OrigamiNightmare said:

I'm struggling to remember how Lucifer killed new death (Betsy or whatever). Didn't he stab her with a knife or something? I thought Death could only be killed by his own scythe? 

He just snapped his fingers and she disintegrated.

Which makes no sense since as far as we know not even God could kill death.

Btw on rewatch Pellegrino's acting made me crack up. It was ridiculous to watch him completely freestyle his scenes but at least someone there was having fun and it's not like the plot deserved better.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, ahrtee said:

Actually, you can.  In copyright, it's called "derivative works" and, TBH, that's what the Dabb show has been--entirely derivative.  It uses some of the same characters but is not really connected to the original in any meaningful way.  

Figures. Well, it's still immoral and unethical. They borrowed( plagiarized) from other writer's stories and tweaked them, broke canon and lore, while retconning characters and destroyed the show(product). Good faith is probably the real issue. I'm just disgusted and very sad.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, OrigamiNightmare said:

I ... I, I'm still gathering my thoughts, but one thing I'll add is that I never want to hear Lucifer say "cuck" again uggggh I cringed. 

I never want to watch Pellegrino in anything ever again after this episode.

Why?! Why?! WHY?!!! did they have to bring his cockroach of a character back?!

Ugh.  

Worst of the worst about this one, AFAIC-even worse than the Nougatbaby becoming the new God to me. 🤮

• Love 3
1 hour ago, KayCordingly said:

Seriously, I don't think I can properly expressed how much I hate what they did to Amara's character. 

This wrap up is weak and well easy to rewrite.  So far, Dabb is very wrong.  Easy to fix.  You just back up and rewrite it, ignoring his bad plan.  I didn't like it, so in my mind I will just ignore and rewrite.   Amara is free and enjoying life by having a nice spa day, allowing all to believe she is in harmony with whom?  She'll respond well later.  It's a nice day to relax and enjoy the beauty that surrounds her.  (May not be a good rewrite, but I gave it 2 minutes.  Was that more than Dabb gave?)  Are there plot holes sure, but you can run a Freight truck through Dabbs.

But I wasn't actually talking about the montage.  The score used to highlight the emotional beats (that were not there) and general epic nature (which also absent) of the final confrontation between Jack and Sam and Dean and Chuck was a travesty.  A travesty that belongs in a Hallmark movie.   A travesty that made the final montage look good by comparison.  And I agree that the montage was totally lackluster too although it made me sad about what happened to this show.

Edited 1 hour ago by ParadoxLost

Here's what I think now that I seen it.  I would like to watch the montage again, but can I find a better one on YouTube with better music, probably.  But since there are so many issues with this ep, well, it is one of the positive parts.  Does that mean it is outstanding...nah the serious is ending in a whimper. 

Because my expectations were so low, I did watch and enjoyed parts while playing a game on my iPad. I like the song,  Get Together so I didn't mind it as I watched the cheesy fix.  Jack's final hand wave so weird, but maybe it's supposed to signal how bad he is at understanding everything. 

Dean not saying that Jack is family didn't bother me.  It's open enough, so those that wanted it can pull it together.  The fact that he is going to fix up Jack's room shows his acceptance of Jack.   This also shows that Dean is about LOVE,  Forgiveness, and  All the positives traits of Dean.   Now I wasn't invested either way.  I don't hate Jack, but how they used him.  But that complaint has been clearly established, so I'll just move on. 

37 minutes ago, BoxManLocke said:

Btw on rewatch Pellegrino's acting made me crack up. It was ridiculous to watch him completely freestyle his scenes but at least someone there was having fun and it's not like the plot deserved better.

IA that he was having fun and having Michael kill him was enjoyable for a split second.  I think he is a good actor, but what they did with his character well I was just done with him.  I didn't need to see him again.

The music kept pulling me out of the story because I can remember Krikpe's complaint about music and how he NEVER wanted that type of music for the show.  I think this is a big problem for the long-term fans.  Those that just showed up and know nothing about the behind the scenes it may have landed okay.  But I can only say okay. 

Chuck as the big bad failed.  The trick from the Winchesters well that is at least a minor win.  I'm not happy with Michael turning on the boys.  As badly as God, his father used him it doesn't make any kind of sense.    But since most of that was done better before, well not worth thinking about it.  It's over.

I did love the dog moment.  I agree that Jake Abel is a much better actor now vs when he first showed up on the show.

No desire to watch again.  No excitement for the end.  So how they wrap it all up.  Not sure I will CHOSE to remember.  I have a choice.  Watched plenty of endings on different series that the end fell flat.  I'll go back to the parts I love and ignore the rest.  Of course I'll have to give it a break for a while, but I can do that.

So far I expect the real opinion from Jensen that I'm not sure I'm okay with the ending says it best, loud and clear.

Edited by 7kstar
Forgot my comment about Jake Abel.
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, KayCordingly said:

Seriously, I don't think I can properly expressed how much I hate what they did to Amara's character. 

It's just such bad optics. The show has gotten so much crap for this for years that you'd think they wouldn't be that tone deaf at the end of the show.

Amara, a woman who was tricked and betrayed by 5 men (God+4 arch-angels) either because her brother was ego tripping and wanted to go solo or because her bro simply didn't want to sit down with her and talk things out about creation. She was the sole cosmic being in it for the sake of the planet but was betrayed again by 2 guys (Dean, God) and then swallowed up without a voice (not once but twice) by men.

The other female cosmic being (Death!Billie) was fooled and manipulated by the same guy (God) as Amara and offed in such a blatantly stupid way despite the fact that her sort of plan wasn't even that bad (everything goes back where it belongs).

Meanwhile you have 4 cosmic male figures around till the end (God, Jack, Michael, Lucifer).

How the hell did this happen? No seriously, how?

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
31 minutes ago, 7kstar said:

The music kept pulling me out of the story because I can remember Krikpe's complaint about music and how he NEVER wanted that type of music for the show.  I think this is a big problem for the long-term fans.  Those that just showed up and know nothing about the behind the scenes it may have landed okay.  But I can only say okay.

I haven't heard of this. Was it the wrong kind of classic rock? I remember back in season 7 when "Black Water" started playing, and I was well aware that Kripke was no longer behind the wheel, I was like "...so... I GUESS this qualifies as classic rock... but definitely NOT something that reflects Dean's tastes, like in seasons 1-5". I got the same feeling again when they played that "smile on your brother" song with this episode. Like yeah, TECHNICALLY it's old and it's filed under rock, buuuuut... still doesn't fit.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, Smad said:

It's just such bad optics. The show has gotten so much crap for this for years that you'd think they wouldn't be that tone deaf at the end of the show.

Amara, a woman who was tricked and betrayed by 5 men (God+4 arch-angels) either because her brother was ego tripping and wanted to go solo or because her bro simply didn't want to sit down with her and talk things out about creation. She was the sole cosmic being in it for the sake of the planet but was betrayed again by 2 guys (Dean, God) and then swallowed up without a voice (not once but twice) by men.

The other female cosmic being (Death!Billie) was fooled and manipulated by the same guy (God) as Amara and offed in such a blatantly stupid way despite the fact that her sort of plan wasn't even that bad (everything goes back where it belongs).

Meanwhile you have 4 cosmic male figures around till the end (God, Jack, Michael, Lucifer).

How the hell did this happen? No seriously, how?

Amara was far more compelling than any of the men too. Why didn't she take over Nougat.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, KayCordingly said:

I haven't heard of this. Was it the wrong kind of classic rock? I remember back in season 7 when "Black Water" started playing, and I was well aware that Kripke was no longer behind the wheel, I was like "...so... I GUESS this qualifies as classic rock... but definitely NOT something that reflects Dean's tastes, like in seasons 1-5".

So much of the music for this ep just didn't fit.  But maybe this clip will explain it better.

From the Man himself

• Love 3
2 hours ago, KayCordingly said:

Just watched last night's episode of Supernatural.

**SIIIIIIGGGGGHGHHHHHH**

RE: the brothers acting so dense at not comprehending why having a reaper would be useful, to the point to where, after turning into the new Death, she mocked them for being slow.

Eat a bag of dicks.

RE: We have to wait for Sam to decipher the Enochian in God's death book because Michael, the Archangel, suddenly forgot how to read Enochian, the language of the angels. Because we need to force plot-twist.

Got to store. Purchase a second bag of dicks. Eat that as well.

RE: "Amara's living in harmony inside me". Yeah guys she's totally cool with being trapped outside of time and space again and not having any free will.

Go back to store. Purchase a 3rd bag of dicks. And a grill. And charcoal. Invite show writers over for bag-of-dicks-eating bbq.

Have you met the Nepotism Duo. Let me introduce you...

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, 7kstar said:

So much of the music for this ep just didn't fit.  But maybe this clip will explain it better.

From the Man himself

Awesome, thank you for sharing that!

So I don't remember any other song used, other than for the montage at the end? Was that a modern song? Cos I'd never heard it before.

2 minutes ago, Castiels Cat said:

Have you met the Nepotism Duo. Let me introduce you...

Are they the "lolcanon" duo that everyone keeps talking about that keep screwing up the lore?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Myrelle said:

Ah, but there's still one more episode to go and Dabb is writing it and apparently JP "loved" it from the get-go and he's called it his favorite episode of the entire series while Jensen was only iffy on it to begin with and was pretty much, and at best, talked into liking it.

What did Jensen say about this "masterpiece"?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, KayCordingly said:

So I don't remember any other song used, other than for the montage at the end? Was that a modern song? Cos I'd never heard it before.

Running on Empty was the song for the montage and was okay for me, it is at least rock and was written in 1977.  Get Together is a song I like and kind of worked for the scene but again if Kripke was in charge...well, a lot changes I suspect.  The rest of the music was for the show just didn't work for me.  Since I only watched it once; I'm not going to watch it again.  I just remember during the fight scene, when they were searching and found the dog, that something was wrong with the music.  If you think about the music, then that is a bad bad sign

30 minutes ago, KayCordingly said:

Are they the "lolcanon" duo that everyone keeps talking about that keep screwing up the lore?

.oh yes. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, Castiels Cat said:

Amara was far more compelling than any of the men too. Why didn't she take over Nougat.

Because she is a weak woman with feels and men are so much smarter too, of course.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, KayCordingly said:

Seriously, I don't think I can properly expressed how much I hate what they did to Amara's character

Amara deserved better. 

Also the Reaper was the only female character in the entire episode.  So I just role my eyes when people try to say Dabb's era is better in this regard.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

Amara deserved better. 

Also the Reaper was the only female character in the entire episode.  So I just role my eyes when people try to say Dabb's era is better in this regard.

Hey, there were some extras who were women. 😆

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, 7kstar said:

Running on Empty was the song for the montage and was okay for me, it is at least rock and was written in 1977

I thought Running on Empty was a pretty good song choice for the ending montage, and I thought that it was decently put together, but I think that it could have been a lot better. I would have gone with maybe Have You Ever Seen the Rain by CCR (although that one might be too short) or my personal favorite choice, Against the Wind by Bob Seger, which was released in early 1980, but has a very classic rock feel to it and I think would have been a very thematically strong choice. 

Yeah those would probably cost more, but I can dream right?

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, ahrtee said:

From Tippi on the TV:
A dog showed up and I got REAL WORRIED because I do not trust Bucklemming with dogs.

True dat. I was expecting Dean to look back and see Chuck/God/Rob B. crouched in the back seat like "gotcha!" I would have groaned- chuckled at that!

Aha! That's what this episode reminded me of -  the IT remake. I was so irritated with Pennywise messing with those kids for 2 hours that it diminished any fear of him (Not that Chuck inspired any fear) Chuck should have waved at Dean with a severed hand. I'm sure the props department has a couple on hand.

Edited by shoetingstar
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, PinkChicken said:

I keep trying to write something coherent. but honestly my reaction to this show now is drinking with my brother and drawing our entertainment from talking over it taking the piss with sarcastic commentary most of the time. 

I enjoyed it? I guess? probably because I was holding it up to subzero expectations.

• They did have a loooot to tie up, and they did, even if it was rushed and token solutions for some things.
  • Not a fan of Lucifer, but in my state of mind tricking Dean like that was hilarious.
  • I also initially found the dog scene hilarious, and then felt bad for Dean.
  • The talk between Michael and Dean in the kitchen would have hit different in a different time.
  • I liked how much driving around they did, how many sets they had, and that it wasn't token recycled footage of baby
  • The boys & Baby @ night when they met chuck was a nice shot

I cant believe the writers literally went "screw you guys, you want only Sam and Dean - we'll give you Sam and Dean but the message is that this would literally be the worst ending ever, so there!" and then still somehow managed to make it not about Sam and Dean at all...
like what is my takeaway supposed to be there

wtf guys

• ditto, the annoyance at Death and Amara
  • and at not mentioning or clarifying where everyone else ended up (they have my patience for next week for that)
  • lets ask about cass, take them to exactly the same place they burned his body last time, and then never mention him again lol
  • I'm not some purist about the carvings (arguably making it the table instead of the car was them thematically taking it and moving it into this "new" spn and gave them license to do whatever), but that shot of the table had some serious sit-com vibes.
  • I almost don't mind the dumb sitcom vibes, because I too am nostalgic, and in a nice place like Becky was, so I could wave it off with a smile IF they could keep the lore intact for 5 complete seconds.
  • Don't even get me started on overall themes or narrative. 12-15 Is just the dabb show with spn stamped on it. I watch crap stuff like Legacies when I'm bored so I can watch this without rage-quitting too. Put Dean in it and I would have watched any crossover ep of a shitty Dabb spinoff if that happened. But it isn't MY spn.

idk I already purged the rest from my memory.

just noting - since the EXTREMEly bright way its filmed in recent years pulls me out of the story and I couldn't help being blinded by her reflections some times to the point of pulling me out of the ep like 'damn she is pretty', how absolutely shiny and clean the impala was all episode. and that in the montage it was like 100% a layer of dust. 

I watch Legacies too when I am bored. Legacies is better.

• Love 2

Why did Sam, Jack, and Dean meeting up again at the beginning of the episode rate "Hastings, Minnesota" as a location card?  Nothing actually happened there.  They just checked the diner for people and started to drive back to the bunker.  Is someone on staff a Bob Dylan fan?

12 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Following Emily's Tweets, she seems perfectly happy with Amara's fate. Go figure. 

How? This is the same woman who has always been clear about Amara's anger in S11 stemming from the fact that she did NOT FEEL HEARD. Heck, she even said because of the lengths Amara went to (to be heard) it made her realize how sad, angry and discouraged it made her feel when she didn't have a voice.

Sorry but talk about contradicting yourself (probably just to tow the company line). It can't be both Emily.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Frost said:

Why did Sam, Jack, and Dean meeting up again at the beginning of the episode rate "Hastings, Minnesota" as a location card?  Nothing actually happened there.  They just checked the diner for people and started to drive back to the bunker.  Is someone on staff a Bob Dylan fan?

Did Sam and Jack start out there in the last epi?  If so, show may have been showing us that Dean picked them up.  If not, they may have been showing us that they met up from two different places.  I don't know why either would be important.  The one thing we know for sure is that Dean drove there from Kansas.  If he had seen any cars moving all the way there, the emptiness by the time he got to MN shouldn't have been a shocker. Also, they had clearly spoken at some time, so Sam would have told him that everyone went poof.

I was actually thinking of this during that first scene.  It was very nice of most people to be fully pulled off the road before they poofed.  Even when the guys were driving from the bunker to find MIchael, the road was completely empty.  I don't care if it was the middle of the night.  At some point, they were going to have to do some maneuvering around cars.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I was actually thinking of this during that first scene.  It was very nice of most people to be fully pulled off the road before they poofed.  Even when the guys were driving from the bunker to find MIchael, the road was completely empty.  I don't care if it was the middle of the night.  At some point, they were going to have to do some maneuvering around cars.

Good point! Maybe the cars of the people who were driving got poofed as well. 😄

Reminds me of this exchange from the episode "Last Call":

Dean: And the car went missing, too, right?

Sally: Yeah, it got raptured, too, I guess.

Lee: Y-You can't... you can't rapture a car.

Sally: It was a good car!

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, Smad said:

How? This is the same woman who has always been clear about Amara's anger in S11 stemming from the fact that she did NOT FEEL HEARD. Heck, she even said because of the lengths Amara went to (to be heard) it made her realize how sad, angry and discouraged it made her feel when she didn't have a voice.

Sorry but talk about contradicting yourself (probably just to tow the company line). It can't be both Emily.

Most of her tweets were jokey, involving Alex and Rob, and gratitude for being part of the show. But nothing about any distate for Amara's fate, at least not that I saw.

ETA like this

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Most of her tweets were jokey, involving Alex and Rob, and gratitude for being part of the show. But nothing about any distate for Amara's fate, at least not that I saw.

She might figure what the heck, it won`t do anything now, show is over and lets play all nice, nice. Not to mention she isn`t really a big name actor so probably not wanting to insult anyone. Lots of side actors have been posting nothing but nice-nice messages on their twitters. I think it`s part of the buiz in a way.

That said, for Amara herself, she did get a shit ending. I mean, being stuck in Chuck is bad enough but being stuck inside the Nougat baby, especially after that pretentious, smug speech? Nothing on the show ever seemed as hellish as that.    

• Love 9
18 hours ago, BoxManLocke said:

I laughed when Dean opened the door and he said "whats sup" other then that they over used Pellegrino threw out the show so he was the last person I wanted to see.

I find it funny that these angles no matter how long they've been gone/dead always come back in the same meat suit.

The mighty Michael ain't so mighty.

You would think after last weeks show it would've shown Sam call Eileen(sp) but nope.

So the son of the devil is God? Whatever!

This wasn't the last episode right? Because Jack hasn't brought back Cas or Mary yet.

If their is one more episode can it just focus on Sam and Dean or just "Dean" but I'm thinking their will be a time jump thrown in the mix.

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, Bergamot said:

Good point! Maybe the cars of the people who were driving got poofed as well. 😄

I would have thought that, but they did show two crashed cars in the first scene.  Like, they were trying to account for cars but then didn't really.

3 minutes ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

You would think after last weeks show it would've shown Sam call Eileen(sp) but nope.

Maybe next week.  Something has to happen next week.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

The sole unresolved plot thread left... hahahaha. 

No, we're still waiting for the cosmic consequences of the broken deal with Billie. And waiting to see what Chuck meant when he said they're not dead, they're jsut away in Atomic Monsters.  And if Ed and Harry made up.  If Lisa found the love of her life.  If Don found out that Amelia had been planning to leave him for Sam.  If Lucky found a new home.  How the CRDs are making a living now that Rowena has forbidden crossroads deals (rolling eyes again).

• LOL 5

The problem with this season finale (or one of many) was the ending had been projected pretty much since before Jack was born. Somehow he was going to usher in a better world. Apparently first they needed to destroy everything that we knew about Chuck before Jack could save the world from him. Everything had to be retconned in order to get to where we ended up. Trouble was the writers had to come up with new rules (and forget most of them along the way) in almost every episode including this one. There was way too much (or not nearly enough) explaining going on. It would have been better to pick a different big bad for S15. Even Martians from outer space (with tentacles) would have been better.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

I saw some spec that the final episode, they are already dead and their final "hunt" is figuring it out. 

Hopefully not. They should know when they are in Memorex heaven. That concept would have played many many years ago but not now.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Aeryn13 said:

I saw some spec that the final episode, they are already dead and their final "hunt" is figuring it out. 

Hopefully not. They should know when they are in Memorex heaven. That concept would have played many many years ago but not now.

I hope not.  They've already told us that SPN Heaven sucks, so they can't do that as a happy ending like they could on other shows.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

No, we're still waiting for the cosmic consequences of the broken deal with Billie. And waiting to see what Chuck meant when he said they're not dead, they're jsut away in Atomic Monsters.  And if Ed and Harry made up.  If Lisa found the love of her life.  If Don found out that Amelia had been planning to leave him for Sam.  If Lucky found a new home.  How the CRDs are making a living now that Rowena has forbidden crossroads deals (rolling eyes again).

...and don't forget Daphne; the chick that randomly married an amnesiac naked dude who could heal people. She must still be waiting for him to come home after his car ride with Dean. It's only been 9 years!

• LOL 6
11 minutes ago, S Cook Productions said:

...and don't forget Daphne; the chick that randomly married an amnesiac naked dude who could heal people. She must still be waiting for him to come home after his car ride with Dean. It's only been 9 years!

Hahaha. I had completely forgotten this. Well, in light of Cas' recent confession, she was lucky he didn't set her on fire the moment Dean showed up.

Seriously, it is immensely funny to rewatch old bits and imagine Cas plotting to get rid of each and every character he might have considered "in the way".

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Pft, Ash would have long intercepted them and told them 'dead again guys. want a cold one?'.

• Love 5

I don't know what to say about this mess of an episode. I don't read spoilers, but like everyone, I knew that NougatSue would end up being the BDH of the story, saving the world's bacon, reducing Sam and Dean to guest stars actors. I just sat there watching this train wreck like I couldn't believe what I was seeing. As low as my bar was set, it ended up on the floor for next week's "series finale". I can't even imagine what trash Badd has in store for us as a final FUCK YOU to the loyal fans of Supernatural. And honestly, since Jared liked it and Jensen didn't, I expect a real disappointing ending for Dean and all his fans.  Well, I have my usual words for the asshole showrunner of Dabbnatural, FUCK YOU DABB!!!!

• Love 9

New fan, who binge-watched the entire series over the summer, and I think this had to be one of the worst episodes ever. I, too, found it boring, really disliked the cheesy Hallmark moments, and the long oh-by-the-way exposition to Chuck about their "plan," which sounded like the style in which someone explains how they deduced who the murderer was in a mystery. I almost expected an "and I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling kids" but realized that wouldn't have come from the protagonists. I haven't cared much for these final episodes because...Jack. I think he's been dragging things down ever since they introduced the character. I just started a series re-watch because I think it will be interesting to view it from a more knowledgeable perspective and to see the characters differently that I initially despised. Breaking Bad is a perfect example of there being a few characters who I couldn't stand the first time around but now view with great delight during each re-watch (ding, ding, ding!). 

• Love 11

Kind of a reverse "Bobby Ewing in the shower" scenario?  (For those not one hundred years old, the series Dallas did a massive multi-year reset by having a character wake up and see her husband, who has been dead for several seasons, in the shower.  It was all just a nightmare!  The show then proceeded to pretend the previous seasons didn't happen.)  Several other shows have done a version of this (St. Elsewhere and Newhart come to mind, she says, dating herself).  I can't see Dabb agreeing to do it now though.  That's kind of what they would have been going for with Billie's plan.  But that got shot all to hell.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Frost said:

Kind of a reverse "Bobby Ewing in the shower" scenario?  (For those not one hundred years old, the series Dallas did a massive multi-year reset by having a character wake up and see her husband, who has been dead for several seasons, in the shower.  It was all just a nightmare!  The show then proceeded to pretend the previous seasons didn't happen.)  Several other shows have done a version of this (St. Elsewhere and Newhart come to mind, she says, dating herself).  I can't see Dabb agreeing to do it now though.  That's kind of what they would have been going for with Billie's plan.  But that got shot all to hell.

Yeah, I'm older than dirt and can remember all of those.  

But I can't see Dabb agreeing to it at all.  In the first place, it would negate everything he's written for the past however many years (depending on when the reset is)  and eliminate his Precious Nougat.  I can see them going on one last hunt before realizing that Chuck actually killed them in that fight and they're in their version of heaven, hunting together.  

Edited by ahrtee
there's a difference between can' and can't even if spellcheck doesn't know it.
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ahrtee said:

But I can't see Dabb agreeing to it at all.  In the first place, it would negate everything he's written for the past however many years (depending on when the reset is)  and eliminate his Precious Nougat.  I can see them going on one last hunt before realizing that Chuck actually killed them in that fight and they're in their version of heaven, hunting together.  

Or it is all fake and Dean using an insane asylum per that Buffy episode.

On 11/14/2020 at 12:24 PM, Aeryn13 said:

She might figure what the heck, it won`t do anything now, show is over and lets play all nice, nice. Not to mention she isn`t really a big name actor so probably not wanting to insult anyone. Lots of side actors have been posting nothing but nice-nice messages on their twitters. I think it`s part of the buiz in a way.

That said, for Amara herself, she did get a shit ending. I mean, being stuck in Chuck is bad enough but being stuck inside the Nougat baby, especially after that pretentious, smug speech? Nothing on the show ever seemed as hellish as that.    

She was on the final season of the Mentalist in a featured role. That was a big show.

On 11/13/2020 at 8:04 PM, 7kstar said:

Running on Empty was the song for the montage and was okay for me, it is at least rock and was written in 1977.  Get Together is a song I like and kind of worked for the scene but again if Kripke was in charge...well, a lot changes I suspect.  The rest of the music was for the show just didn't work for me.  Since I only watched it once; I'm not going to watch it again.  I just remember during the fight scene, when they were searching and found the dog, that something was wrong with the music.  If you think about the music, then that is a bad bad sign

.oh yes. 

Get together is a Coke commercial. Dean doesn't listen to Jackson Brown and John didn't either... guaranteed.

Dabb's taste in rock is disappointing.

Maybe Roweeeena was keeping our Winchesters safe in Hell and the ones we have been watching were those alternate Winchesters that came over which is why they were so weird. Ours are going to come crashing out of hell now with a plan. A GED and a give em hell attitude.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ahrtee said:

Every episode this season contained superficial, cheaply executed, mirrored versions of earlier episodes. A trip down memory lane, revamped with distortions and retcons, ending last episode with some twisted parody of Swan Song. 

Wouldn't the final episode be handled in the same fashion? One brother dead the other trying to carry on with a normal life; all narrated, of course, by Jack

Finally caught up, man it was a hard binge to get through.  Kind of like a root canal but without the laughing gas.

Because I binged the last 4 episodes (or so, not even sure) I was pretty wrung out by the end and have to admit the montage at the end got to me.  Not because it was so well done, but it was good enough to remind me of what the show had been. I hate this drawn out ending.  But it fits so much of 2020, the pandemic, the election, the shutdowns, it just keeps going and going and going, drawing out the angst, frustration and sadness. Just end it already. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Terese said:

Every episode this season contained superficial, cheaply executed, mirrored versions of earlier episodes. A trip down memory lane, revamped with distortions and retcons, ending last episode with some twisted parody of Swan Song. 

Wouldn't the final episode be handled in the same fashion? One brother dead the other trying to carry on with a normal life; all narrated, of course, by Jack

This is true. There was a lot of playback of bits of earlier episodes with a twist. I have wondered before if we were in Dean's head still after he was hit by the gorgon and this has all been a coma dream. 

I just don't care enough to look at the plots of all the episodes... but it all really fell apart when Dean was hit in the head. At that point things stopped making sense.

Dean's greatest fears: losing Mary and Jack missing control leaving him being the one to take Jack down play out  Then he learns that God is the biggest dick of all and there is no free will.

Season 15 starts like a grade Z horror movie. Bits of old cases get regurgitated. Dialogue like a telamundo which Dean loves.

So... What...

Dean wakes up with Michael  and that is what they deal with to end the series... Enter the Malak Box.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Castiels Cat said:

This is true. There was a lot of playback of bits of earlier episodes with a twist. I have wondered before if we were in Dean's head still after he was hit by the gorgon and this has all been a coma dream. 

I just don't care enough to look at the plots of all the episodes... but it all really fell apart when Dean was hit in the head. At that point things stopped making sense.

Dean's greatest fears: losing Mary and Jack missing control leaving him being the one to take Jack down play out  Then he learns that God is the biggest dick of all and there is no free will.

Season 15 starts like a grade Z horror movie. Bits of old cases get regurgitated. Dialogue like a telamundo which Dean loves.

So... What...

Dean wakes up with Michael  and that is what they deal with to end the series... Enter the Malak Box.

And he got to celebrate some holdays they rarely did. And wear his Scooby nightshirt and cap, which shouldn't exist in the real world. And Sam carving a pumpkin when he hates Halloween. 

I could actually live with this ending, though I'd prefer the fever dream/coma began at the end of 11x23.

The more I think of it... the tap dancing dream, meeting the movie monster/killer he was so excited by, the fear (instilled in S2 on) that he would have to kill Sam one day, or that Sam might kill him. His utter disappointment with Chuck back in S11. It could all be made to fit.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2