Type keyword(s) to search

Beyond Oak Island - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Quilt Fairy said:

So Rick and Marty Laguina can stop destroying Oak Island and not find treasure in other places.

Sounds good in theory but I'm pretty sure they're going to continue destroying Oak Island.

• Love 2

Well, that first episode ended with a bit of a tease.  Although when they were looking at the image of the river bottom and said "This looks like a wheel", my first thought was "It does?".  But whatever, bears further investigation.  So I'm wondering if there is going to ever be a part 2 or a follow up on this, or if they're just going to leave it.  Like oh well, we ran out of time just when we were going to find the silver (sounds familiar).  Time will tell.  Next week is the Butch Cassidy episode.

• Love 1

I thought the Butch Cassidy episode was more interesting than the parent show "Curse of Oak Island" this week.

After seeing the previews several times of Gary high fiving that Cassidy relative, I expected them to at least find a coin.  I'm not sure finding a bullet was all that exciting.  They knew the gang was in the area, and who knows who else? 

• Love 3

The latest episode was about laws that affect treasure hunters, usually for the worst.  They gave a number of examples, using different treasure sites.  Somewhat interesting, but I kind of wish they would stick to one site per show.  For instance, in the pirate show they focused on Jean Lafitte, but also had segments on other pirate hoards.  That seems to be the template here, but they could have just had an hour on Jean Lafitte.  When the topics are so broad, there isn't time for much depth.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

If they don't physically find something that's worth enough to label it treasure,  each episode is just a tease and a waste of an hour we could have been watching something entertaining. 

That hasn't stopped them any on Curse of Oak Island lol.

• Love 1

Since our home literally backs up to the Superstition Freeway, it was really fun for us to watch the episode on the Lost Dutchman Mine.  We saw on Gary's Facebook page that he was out here filming, and it was interesting to see just what he was doing!!!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Since our home literally backs up to the Superstition Freeway, it was really fun for us to watch the episode on the Lost Dutchman Mine.  We saw on Gary's Facebook page that he was out here filming, and it was interesting to see just what he was doing!!!!

I thought this was the best episode so far.  Probably because it actually featured what was, to me at least, a fairly convincing and credible theory.  I don't know that much about the subject, so I'm sure there's information out there I'm not aware of, but it looked good as presented.

I don't know why that one treasure hunter let Gary drag along his metal detectors if he knew they weren't going to be of any use.

• Love 2
On 12/9/2020 at 8:51 PM, rmontro said:

I thought this was the best episode so far.  Probably because it actually featured what was, to me at least, a fairly convincing and credible theory. 

They followed up the best episode of the season with the worst.  I thought the show about the sunken treasures was dreadfully dull.  I wasn't even going to comment on it, but might as well keep the streak going.

• Love 2

This last episode was about treasures connected with Michigan, especially islands near Michigan in the Great Lakes.  They made a quick, sloppy attempt at looking for treasure around Poverty Island, just enough to get some footage I guess.  Marty looked pretty miserable in that boat, should have sent Rick.  But I guess the Curse of Oak Island cast is taking turns on this show.

• Love 3

I saw the little sneak peak of the upcoming season they ran last night.  Just a five minute preview or whatever it  was.  Marty and Rick were on the ship of this treasure hunter guy, and he was telling them about how they have the rights to this shipwreck, and all the emeralds they had already pulled up, and how there's supposed to be $140 million to be collected.  I thought Marty and Rick looked envious, they must have been wondering why this guy has a real treasure and they're stuck with a good story, a mudpit, and an empty hole.

• Love 1