Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Quilt Fairy

Beyond Oak Island

So Rick and Marty Laguina can stop destroying Oak Island and not find treasure in other places.

Series premier date: November 17, 2020 on History Channel

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, Quilt Fairy said:

So Rick and Marty Laguina can stop destroying Oak Island and not find treasure in other places.

Sounds good in theory but I'm pretty sure they're going to continue destroying Oak Island.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Well, that first episode ended with a bit of a tease.  Although when they were looking at the image of the river bottom and said "This looks like a wheel", my first thought was "It does?".  But whatever, bears further investigation.  So I'm wondering if there is going to ever be a part 2 or a follow up on this, or if they're just going to leave it.  Like oh well, we ran out of time just when we were going to find the silver (sounds familiar).  Time will tell.  Next week is the Butch Cassidy episode.

• Like 1

I thought the Butch Cassidy episode was more interesting than the parent show "Curse of Oak Island" this week.

After seeing the previews several times of Gary high fiving that Cassidy relative, I expected them to at least find a coin.  I'm not sure finding a bullet was all that exciting.  They knew the gang was in the area, and who knows who else? 

• Like 3

The latest episode was about laws that affect treasure hunters, usually for the worst.  They gave a number of examples, using different treasure sites.  Somewhat interesting, but I kind of wish they would stick to one site per show.  For instance, in the pirate show they focused on Jean Lafitte, but also had segments on other pirate hoards.  That seems to be the template here, but they could have just had an hour on Jean Lafitte.  When the topics are so broad, there isn't time for much depth.

• Like 2