Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E20: Not On My Watch

• Start Topic

The Ethiopian chickens enjoy a far better life than those confined in dark overcrowded American chicken factories. Cruelty, suffering and pumped full of antibiotics and hormones. The freshly killed Ethiopian chicken would’ve tasted great and provided good nutrition.

i don't follow spoilers but I’m wondering if Ari and baby are now stateside. First COVID and now a civil war in Ethiopia. She wouldn’t stick around for long. Bini needs to impregnate a nice Ethiopian girl if he wants a child to raise 

Yazan looks high all the time. Sumit just looks panic stricken. 

Everyone’s jumping on Ari’s parents for wanting the best for their princess, meanwhile Yazan’s dad has threatened to murder his son.
It does not compute.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13
49 minutes ago, Opine said:

Wearing my bitchy boots today.......

WHO IN THE HELL DO ARI'S PARENTS THINK THEY ARE??????  Instead of lecturing this poor guy, how about tell your daughter that THIS IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX FOR FUN WITH A FOREIGNER FROM A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY????

The comment that oddly bothered me the most was the one about a regular income.  Hey Doctor Fred, guess what? a whole lot of folks here in the USA earn tips and commissions for the greater part of their income.  Like a wise poster said above - Bini is not now nor will he ever be an office worker.  And, Doctor Fred, maybe if you and your wife have such a strict list of "requirements" for your precious little Ari, maybe, just maybe you and your wife should have made a checklist for Ari to use before she dropped her drawers for some foreign hottie. 

Ari has 2 choices - pack up and go home or stay and shut up.  While I feel horrible about Bini never seeing a second American child (because he won't), I think both of these little brats (Ari and Bini) should get "fixed" and grow up.  

Ari's parents are like many in my generation, they think shit is just as easy as it was when they were young.  

Nope, not in the US, and especially not in Ethiopia!

But how much do you want to bet that Ari's parents will wind up taking care of Avi.

• Love 6

I think Ari may try to stick it out a bit longer since her parents have offered some financial aid but will eventually head back home. 

Someone here said she should have had the baptism talk with her parents, and I agree, but when the sister brought it up, she snapped and said I haven't discussed this with them yet. Given her father's reaction, she may have been planning to not bring it up but then was outed. I think the parents would like her to return to Princeton because they know she's ill-equipped to continue this ill-fated this journey but are trying to walk a fine line between being supportive and pointing out the flaws in the situation. Either way, this girl has got some serious issues and Bini is not prepared to take care of a family. He needs to learn a skill because he's not going to be able to dance for forever.

Sumit does not want to rush into marriage two days after his divorce if ever at all. Jenny is so fucking disrespectful of his parents. Even if he does go against their wishes and ties himself to her old-ass wagon, he owes his parents, who bailed him out to the tune of $20 million, the courtesy of letting them know his plans and not just present it as a fait accompli. He's got issues, too, and I cannot imagine what he sees in her. Granted, he's no prize, either, but she is old, unattractive and whiny AF.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, itsadryheat said:

. . . and one would think he HAD to have known the lawyer would bring this up as an option.

Yet, he walked and Jenny waddled into his office knowing this information was about to be dropped. 

And once he did I bet Sumit's stomach dropped to the floor.  We KNEW she was gonna be all:  "OH WOW!  LET'S GO NOW!!!!!"  He is hemming and hawing all the way home.

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, renatae said:

I thought Sumit's eyes were going to pop out of his head when Jenny said they should go ahead with the ring ceremony. I think he deliberately withheld from her the option to have a secular wedding  which his parents would be unable to stop. He was back pedaling so fast on all the aspects of approaching marriage that he's  lucky he didn't end up in the ocean, lol.  It seems he wants to see his parents not so they will give their blessing, but so they will stop it.

Ari's parents were cringeworthy. They had plenty of demands for this poor dude who's barely keeping his head above water.

If I have to se any more of Brittany and nasty Melyza, I will probably go jump into the ocean myself.

I think they were trying to get an idea of how much he makes, and how often he makes it.  I mean, he does need to come up with a plan to make money regularly, and not just gigs here and there.  

1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

The Ethiopian chickens enjoy a far better life than those confined in dark overcrowded American chicken factories. Cruelty, suffering and pumped full of antibiotics and hormones. The freshly killed Ethiopian chicken would’ve tasted great and provided good nutrition.

I was thinking the same thing.  That chicken was luckier than the American chickens.  It is a true horror show, and I don't think most people realize the barbaric practices used in factory farming.  

I think that whole threatening the chicken killing was done for the show - like someone above pointed out, where would they cook the chicken parts, in the hotel rooms?

• Love 7
10 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

Sister in Law Summit is like "what the fucking fuck did I marry into?"  Honey, at least you'll be the daughter in law that your MiL likes vs. the older son-napper.   That said, I don't think Summit really wants to marry her.  At all. And, like many of you, I'm sensing that she is starting to see it too. 

Yes, yes and yes!!!

• Love 3

Submit has been milking this Romeo and Juliet story for so long, now it's time to shit or get off the pot, buddy. Your parents are ready to disown you, you put your parents in debt because you owe everybody in town to the tune of $20,000, now you realize the gig is up and you are actually going to have to live with the whining old hag for the rest of your life! He's been enjoying living off what ever bit he gets from TLC and Jenny's measly SS checks. Apparently Submit has been the fuck up of the family his entire life and his family is sick of it. Why couldn't he find a pretty, smart Indian woman like his brother did? The brother's wife actually seemed to be more educated than Jenny. Maybe Submit couldn't get an Indian woman like that, being the loser that he is, after all. 

I detect a bit of a good sense of humor from Jihoon. Still a lazy mess but he knows he is. He has some great one liners. "When I see Alicia I want to piss my pants"! He's another one with parents just like Ari's parents that never taught their kids responsibility and making their own way in the world.

56 minutes ago, politichick said:

I think Ari may try to stick it out a bit longer since her parents have offered some financial aid but will eventually head back home.

Her parents will pay for a luxury apartment and buy them a car, too. Because the baby needs it. Not Bini baby but the actual baby. When Ari is still not happy then she will leave. I give it a couple more years then they are dunzo. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Submit has been milking this Romeo and Juliet story for so long, now it's time to shit or get off the pot, buddy. Your parents are ready to disown you, you put your parents in debt because you owe everybody in town to the tune of $20,000, now you realize the gig is up and you are actually going to have to live with the whining old hag for the rest of your life! He's been enjoying living off what ever bit he gets from TLC and Jenny's measly SS checks. Apparently Submit has been the fuck up of the family his entire life and his family is sick of it. Why couldn't he find a pretty, smart Indian woman like his brother did? The brother's wife actually seemed to be more educated than Jenny. Maybe Submit couldn't get an Indian woman like that, being the loser that he is, after all. 

He probably only has 10 to 15 years to live with her.

Jenny doesn’t appear educated to me at all. And all she does is whine and act like a 14-year-old. And maybe you’re right, that is why he settled for her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
38 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Her parents will pay for a luxury apartment and buy them a car, too. Because the baby needs it. Not Bini baby but the actual baby. When Ari is still not happy then she will leave. I give it a couple more years then they are dunzo. 

Very true.  If Ari were on heroin, her parents would buy it for her.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 11/15/2020 at 10:18 AM, lilysmom said:

I agree with this. From the very first episode though, Ari has had difficulty connecting with reality. She seemed to think that everyone was just so impressed by her going to have her baaabee in Ethiopia, like it made her special. I don't think she ever made the connection that she was actually  going to have her baby in Ethiopia! When she arrived in the country, she was completely disconnected from what was going on around her (apartments, his job, etc.). She is disconnected from Bini, the baby, and everything, but this isn't something new, I don't think. The post partum certainly seems to be making it worse, but there were MANY issues long before she had that baby.

I had postpartum depression and I'd bet my stash of TP that Ari does too.  I was angry when my husband went to work and felt I never had help, which wasn't true.

I hope she gets the help she needs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I am waiting for some of the fiances to tell the Americans they are pushing boundaries and to mind their own business. Anny is the only one who put them in their place and told them they were out of line for asking her personal questions.

• Love 4

Not going to add my two cents because I’m pretty much in line with everyone else here. After watching so many seasons of this I’m thinking the producers believe that unlikeable people cast will produce more drama which equals higher viewership. Why else would they cast some of these losers? (But that theory backfired on Cheesestix and MayLeaveYa)

Not sure what’s going on with Brittany but she seems to get more unattractive with each episode. Maybe being a butterface is part of her motivation for the major flesh display

And for anybody who watches Pillow Talk, does anybody else think Loren and Alexei’s baby looks like a cute chubby Baby Don Rickles? Such a cutie pie 🥰 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Only another ep left til the finale?

The two hour installments have been a bit of a drag.

Jenny and Sumit: Did Sumit find a better lawyer? Was he lying to Jenny about the divorce and then re-marriage? Now that the obstacles are clearing for him, does he really want her? Reality is crashing in and after all these years of getting some of her money, he may have to actually go through with the wedding and marriage! Is he getting cold feet? Tired of the scam? Jenny can live to 90-100 years old. He's an adult man who does not need his parents' permission. She should not have come back to India until after the divorce was final and he scanned and emailed copies of it to her. They don't seem to have any plans. And that stupid Covid lanyard card was junk. If it was that easy. Granted, the show was filmed months ago and Covid was new so really, anything may have worked back then. Sumit's brother has a nice wife and more suited to the life he leads. Jenny could have probably found herself a man with Indian heritage

Kenny and Armando: Very light on them on the episode. So they got their rejection letter which now qualifies them to have a human rights appeal. Patience, Kenny. Maybe move to a more modern city like Puerto Vallarta. Hannah is cute.

Cheesy and Melyza: Why are they together? Why are they on this show? Break up, give her custody of the cat, and both move on.

Deavan and Jihoon: Elicia is coming back for the 'wedding'? Jihoon is immature and not the best prospect for a husband. Why waste the money on a 'wedding' when they are already married. Put it toward the apartment or something.

Ari and Bini: Nice of her parents to chew out her baby daddy. Princess Ari chose this dude and she has to make a life with him, for as long as it lasts. No, Ethiopia is most likely not the best choice of home for her. Her baby daddy is not rich, he is an entertainer who will not be home every day, he is not an office worker type, and she will not be living in a nice upper middle class home as she did with her parents. She is in for a tough long haul. Her parents should be butting out of her business and she is almost 30 and can make her own life choices and learn from them. The fresh chicken dinner would have been tasty as the chicken was free range - no hormones or anything. Just nice, fresh, natural chicken. The apartment is not suitable to her parents. Maybe they should give a few thousand dollars to Ari to rent a nice expat apartment so she can live close to her usual standard. The baptism thing should have been discussed ages ago. There was plenty of time to do so. Ari looks like she wants to check out and take the baby to the US and go back to her nice life. Perhaps both her and Bini should have used birth control. She would have had a nice fling with a foreigner and that's it. Not be tied to him for the rest of her life.

Brittany and Yazan: Is he high? Has he not slept in days? Her friend is a better choice for him. She seems more stable. Brittany should not have been cutting his hair while she was intoxicated. He's going to wait a year to get married? Really? Go home Brittany. You are causing a lot of trouble for someone who does not deserve it. Playing these games with this poor dude's life is not cool.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Twopper said:

It is more than a sprinkle or immersion, and the service lasts maybe 15 minutes. 

Baptism is immersion in a baptismal pool or body of water; christening is the sprinkle treatment. I was christened as an infant yet attend a Baptist church and God ain't struck me dead yit.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I think that whole threatening the chicken killing was done for the show - like someone above pointed out, where would they cook the chicken parts, in the hotel rooms?

I've been to restaurants that cook fish you've caught. Could it be the same in this case? Or perhaps there are street vendors or storefront businesses that do it...or it would make sense that the live-chicken place would do it, or one of the Bini relatives.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Maybe they should give a few thousand dollars to Ari to rent a nice expat apartment so she can live close to her usual standard.

Even for Daddy on a physician salary, $30-40,000 in annual rent is quite a ding. Bini's work situation was clear upon boinkage -- and most of us take that into consideration when settling down with someone. As much as I like the beleaguered Bini, I don't think he could care less about raising a child or even having one. He wanted to get laid, didn't think ahead, and the collateral damage will flee back to NJ soon. Doubt he will have any further contact with either kid, but the torture he endured this time may have taught him to double-bag it next time. Or choose a nicer, more stable girl to screw.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

When Ari and her parents were riding through the slummy looking streets and her dad made comments about rough it looked, I thought Ari was looking pleased. Sort of a "Really Daddy, do you think it's terrible? Aren't I a bad girl? Look at how rebellious I am, Daddy. Look at how crazy and daring I am! Look how dirty and dangerous this place is!" All with that stupid grin.

I think she loves playing the rebellious, independent, adventure loving gal and making her parents worry about her. Of course, she can only do that because she knows she has their safety net to fall back on.

And she looks slightly better without the bright lipstick and other harsh makeup. Slightly.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Ucross said:

Baptism is immersion in a baptismal pool or body of water; christening is the sprinkle treatment. I was christened as an infant yet attend a Baptist church and God ain't struck me dead yit.

i wasn't clear in my comment.   What I meant had to do with time and the length of the service.  

There are several prayers plus a list of questions from parents and godparents in the Catholic church and most/all orthodox churches.  In the case of children, parents and godparents make promises on behalf of the infant or child.  Ari just made it sound like splish-splash, and it would be over.  I am surprised Mother Ari had not anticipated this as a potential issue in the marriage since she was Catholic married to a Jew. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Ari's parents are like many in my generation, they think shit is just as easy as it was when they were young.  

But how much do you want to bet that Ari's parents will wind up taking care of Avi.

Didn't Ari's mother already say that they would be willing to help finance a better apartment, but not forever? Of course, that is not the same as raising Avi.

• Love 1

Ari and her parents are obnoxious and entitled. This doesn't meet the "requirements" that they have for their daughter? I can't stand these people. I have a hard time with people getting upset with Bini going to work. He works. They need money. It looks like most people where they live are living hand to mouth. He can't time his work when visitors are coming. Getting pissed is such an American attitude. They make no effort to respect Bini's culture. He even said in the street that a local woman would not be asking for all these explanations and her parents go on about how that will not fly with their precious daughter. My God. I can't stand them. That apartment is pure luxury to him and here come Ari's parents looking down their nose at it.

And what is all this "How are they doing in their relationship" questions being discussed on the street and then later with his family? When Ari said in the TH that she was hoping that they'd see what a big support system Bini has with this family, all I could think of was that they were in for a show because the sisters will probably tear up Ari and sure enough they did. She moved to an area where women know their place. I know that's repulsive to American women but that is the way of life there. You don't just show up and expect the village to adapt to you. You adapt to life there. Or you leave. Did I mention that I cannot STAND these people?

I FF past Sumit and Jenny, Deavan and Jihoon, and Melyza and Tim. Not interested.

Again, Yazan had that drugged out look but I have to say I still believe that he's not using anything. The weight of the stresses that he is carrying is destroying him. Brittany has no idea how serious this is.

Kenny is an ass. "Did you tell Hannah about this?" Armando, "No." Kenny: "You should tell her about it." So he does. Does she really need to be told about that? Leave the kid alone for goodness sake. There is absolutely no reason to burden a small child with adult stresses. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 18

Cheesedick an Melizzza:  "Meliza says she does not trust you at all.  She will not marry you.  No one will hire you, and you will burn through your life savings, unless you return to the U.S.  My advice, you must stay in Colombia!"

Britney Spears and I am Yaz:  "I will give you everything you want.  I will even become a Christian...."  "Eyes up here, Yazan."

Gammy and Sumtwit:  "Oh no, foiled by the old marry-in-the-temple loophole!  Now it's back to Plan B and a trip to my parents..."

Binky and Areola:  "The baby is going to Hell if he is not baptized.  Yes, you are all going to Hell too, but that goes without saying.  Too many people are going to Hell, over 5 billion of them.  Much too crowded for the baby."

Edited by Dobian
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, politichick said:

Sumit does not want to rush into marriage two days after his divorce if ever at all. Jenny is so fucking disrespectful of his parents. Even if he does go against their wishes and ties himself to her old-ass wagon, he owes his parents, who bailed him out to the tune of $20 million, the courtesy of letting them know his plans and not just present it as a fait accompli. He's got issues, too, and I cannot imagine what he sees in her. Granted, he's no prize, either, but she is old, unattractive and whiny AF.

the only thing I could figure out is that he is some weird mama's boy type, and Jenny is, well, older than his mom.  I wonder if being quarantined with Jenny is giving him second, third, and even 92nd thoughts about marriage.  I am wondering why Jenny didn't spend time online to research marriage laws in India.  I couldn't find the one mentioned last night, but if Jenny is/was Christian there seems to be a Christian wedding that might work.  It looks like it requires a little notice be given (similar to Banns), but that an objection from his parents wouldn't stop it.

Sumit must not have had a clue about the alternative the atty mentioned;  he looked absolutely horrified.   I am having trouble believing Jenny would give up and go back to America.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Kid said:

Jenny doesn’t appear educated to me at all. And all she does is whine and act like a 14-year-old. And maybe you’re right, that is why he settled for her.

Listening to them is like listening to teenagers.  All about what they want, and why can't people just let them make their own decisions.  Oh, and while they are doing that, they need his parents to bail him out.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I'm right there with you lh25-Jenny totally complains about Sumit's parents and how unfair they are and that it shouldn't matter what they think.  Except that they needed to get $20,000 from them to pay back Wife Sumit's family.  Pretty entitled to act like the parents are totally unimportant when Sumit would not have been able to get his divorce without the money THEY had to borrow.

Deaven is living in some alternative universe in which she is in a fairy tale and have to get her family's blessing in order to marry her prince.  The problem is that she is already married to Jihoon (Korean ceremony) and they have a child (and almost had a second).  I'm just amazed at how many of the participants in this show make several bad (or ill-timed) decisions, claim they are stong and/or independent, yet quiver in fear that their parents may not give permission to marry.

I have no words for Ari and her parents.  Her parents are really quick to ensure that their daughter lives according to a standard that just isn't a part of the culture in which she currently resides.  I did notice that as Ari was getting ready to throw a tantrum about the chicken that her mother told Bini to make other plans.  I think that her parents have totally given in to her tantrums and give her whatever she wants to avoid a scene/tantrum.  Bini has really tried to honor them (the live chicken was a very respectful gift for them-he ensured that he was buying a healthy and fat chicken).  Maybe Ari should be encouraged to live within the cultural norms in which she finds herself rather than demand that entire countries change to accommodate her "requirements." My heart breaks for Bini as I truly believe that he is trying to accommodate her and make her comfortable. The way her parents dismissed the apartment that he found to be luxurious living was very insulting to him.  

There are no words for Brittany and her disregard for the cultural norms in Jordan.  What is with all of these American women (both this season and prior seasons) who insist that the cultural norms of other nations do not apply to them as they are "strong, independent Americans..."

Oh, I just fast-forward through Tim and his girlfriend.  Really?  They tried to force us to watch the same-old, same-old by having them go to a therapist and spill all of their issues.  Remember when people would keep private things private?

I agree with others that Sumit didn't know it would be easy to get married after the divorce.  If they get married, the show may no longer keep them on and he might have to, gulp, get a real job.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, Twopper said:

Sumit must not have had a clue about the alternative the atty mentioned;  he looked absolutely horrified.   I am having trouble believing Jenny would give up and go back to America.  

I took it another way...I figured he already know and was horrified that she’d found out and he couldn’t string her along anymore.  

• Love 10

Agreeing with you all that Summeat was horrified to hear there was a loophole in the marriage act.  He’s banking on his brother and the wife running to his parents. Will they come storming into the ring ceremony to stop the sham marriage? Or will they welcome Jenny and her American dollars social security check into the family?  Stay tuned...

Ugh Areola. I’m sorry, Biniyam, but your psycho girlfriend is going to take the baby and run. 

I wonder if Brittany would be willing to run around Jordan, getting drunk without the 90 Day posse.  Angela seems so smart, normal, stable and sensible. She must be an actress they hired to play the friend. 

Edited by nytonc
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Mean Jeanne said:

And for anybody who watches Pillow Talk, does anybody else think Loren and Alexei’s baby looks like a cute chubby Baby Don Rickles? Such a cutie pie 🥰 

OMG, yes, Don Rickles! 

• Love 4

Summeat is with Jenny to be the REBEL child.  The preview for next week's theatrics proves it. The freak out scene in front of Mom and Dad was over da top.  TAKE A XANAX, dude. They act like they're freakin' Romeo and Juliet.  Once  the drama wears off, and reality sets, (he's married to Jenny)  Summeat will be back online pretending he's Rico Suave.

Ari's parents are snobs. Pass the grey poupon. The apartment is fine for three people and they insulted Bini to his very core. I could see the shame and hurt in his eyes.  I really can't stand any of them. However, Bini's sisters are pretty rude too. Nothing is worse than someone telling you that your newborn baby is going to HELL!  Religion really puts a snag in the afterglow of sexy times. See also: Brittnay and Yazan. I personally don't think any of this is going to end well.

Kenny is working my last nerve. He wants to get married  NOW so he can get a job and provide for his family. Dude, you don't know a lick of Spanish. No one is going to hire your ass. Get real. His controlling and possessive nature is really coming out.

Jihoon does pull in some funny lines. EP syndrome = Elisa phobia.  That was good buddy. Thank you. Otherwise this week's episode was a pass for me.

Edited by Barbara Please
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I think she needs to go back to the USA and raise her kid there. I don't find a problem with her parents. I'm sure they raised her and tried to teach her common but she had this idealized version of her life. Is not gonna be happy there. And I don't think his family is particularly nice either.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Britney,  Ari, Jenny, they're all fools.  To me Britney's the worst. This guy has told what he wants he wants a Muslim wife will do what it she's told.  I hate this going back-and-forth every week. I have since begun taping up and I just speed through the bullship of her and yasam.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Azanscrazyhair said:

I had postpartum depression and I'd bet my stash of TP that Ari does too.  I was angry when my husband went to work and felt I never had help, which wasn't true.

Same. People are only just now really starting to talk about these things. I had PPD and I absolutely did not enjoy having a newborn. At all. I cried all day over nothing. I was always angry at everyone. I didn't feel any connection with my son and I felt like I'd completely lost my autonomy. That first year was one of the worst years of my life. I regret that now, of course, but when you're in the middle of it it's hard to see your way out. What made it worse was the people in my life low-key shaming me or blaming me. "Well I loved being with my baby all the time..." or "Maybe it's because you don't know what you're doing..." Nobody asks for depression of any kind. It got better with the other two, but with each one we learned what to look for, how to ask for help, etc. 

If course, Ariella was insufferable before the baby was born and her parents certainly aren't recently postpartum so...

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Azanscrazyhair said:

You would think her Doctor daddy and Nurse mommy would pick up on that and focus on helping her. Instead they go in on BabyBini and pound him about what a worthless man he is. I don't blame Bini's sisters for being rough on Ari. They are honest, tell it like it is and they have seen their brother involved with an American who got pregnant then left him. They don't trust Ari and rightly so. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Anybody thinking Bini is hanging in there with the princess and the opportunity to move to the US and have an opportunity to become a big star?

The parents haven’t offered that up just yet but maybe. 

I'm not sure that he'd be allowed back into the US again. I think that's why she was moving there. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Ari and her family...ugh!    Bini talked about how this was the biggest, nicest and most luxurious place he had ever lived, and they crapped all over it... this isn’t good enough for Ari and Avi.   And get a job with regular hours and a steady (and bigger) pay cheque.... like he had never considered that.   The guy is working five jobs, hustling to make a living.  It isn’t like there are a ton of opportunities available to him.  

I was laid off a few years ago and both my parents (Which, BTW, were not supporting me, I was already living with my now husband and was easily able to cover my expenses with unemployment given our cohabitation ) insisted that I need to just storm in the front door of say KPMG and demand to be hired as a manager. Just absolutely convinced that if I just took more initiative a well paying job would just land in my lap because of my moxie.

Even after I shortly found new employment my father insisted that if I was to rise in my position, I needed to be the first one in the office every morning and the last one to leave and make sure my boss KNEW IT! I manage a government contract for a non-profit, even pre-COVID I would go DAYS in between seeing my boss, who works on the other side of the campus. My in-laws are insisting similarly about brother-in-law that was recently laid off from his corporate job

There seems to be some bizarre fever dream from the 60+ crowd that the 20-40 something white collar worker can just manifest more money by just putting more hours doing work in Excel or pouring over the legislation that defines the role of my contract. Nope, I'm pretty much just an inelastic cost center, my boss pats me on my head once a year in my performance review for not fucking anything up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

I'm with Sisters Bini. They remind me of ... me. I cannot stand spoiled, entitled princesses (or princes). It is no wonder they are fed up with feckless Ariela. She has had all kinds of opportunity and comfort in her life--and it looks as though she has not learned anything except how to pout and manipulate. Bini's sisters' frustration with her is completely understandable.

Edited by jennylauren123
Word change
  • Love 9
On 11/16/2020 at 1:29 AM, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

A badge around your neck to ward off COVID??? Words fail me.

I believe Sumit missed the part of the instructions that said the card would only keep you safe from Covid if you also wore a tin foil hat. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 1

Ari's parents brow beat Bini to get a M-F, 9-5 job like he could just snag a corporate job, the brow beat him about getting an american style 3 bedroom apartment, etc...as soon as that happens Ari moves back to the US with the baby leaving Bini on the hook for an expensive rental before the ink is dry on the lease.

In all fairness to the Doctor and the Mrs., I would have a hard time not being concerned about my daughters living condidtions, health care, food supply, etc...however I would not interfere and that is where Doc and Mrs. screwed up, I hope they realize if they suggest they move they better be ready to chip in to make that lifestyle happen.

Am I the only one that thinks Yazan was artificially mellow when he picked up Brittany and friend because we all know how crazy he gets when Brittany even suggests a cocktail.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Twopper said:

She went to Hebrew school, but we aren't told for how long

As I’ve been saying all along, I’ll bet the extent of Ari’s Hebrew School experience was just the minimum required to have a big fancy Bat Mitzvah. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

I'm trying to figure out Sumit's game. I'm starting to think that, since he seems to have trouble with life in general, that he enjoyed the fantasy of long-distance Jenny. Flirting, IM sex (God help us), a 2-dimensional person who he could imagine to be whatever he wanted. Her age didn't matter from afar. It may have even been an advantage because, again, Sumit doesn't feel like a go-getter. Someone older who can take care of everything might have felt good. Her one visit to India in 6 years was probably alright: he got to hang out and have sex. Again, her age may not have mattered because A) he was having sex and B) sneaking around was fun (Sumit DOES come across as juvenile). 

But now that she's there for good, reality has hit. He's learning that she's not the solid, mature person who can take control of life that he thought. He's on the outs with family and friends. She's...old. 

IMO the best thing she could do is take her ass home. The Indian parents aren't just going to get over it and change their minds overnight. She doesn't even like living there. She won't let him work. She's afraid.

In the words of Dr Now, tis is bad sishuashun. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12

If my dumbass daughter got into the same situation with a useless Bini in Ethiopia. I would bring her and my grandchild home ASAP and would give zero fucks how Bini and his family felt about it.

Edited by Mr. Miner
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

What is with all of these American women (both this season and prior seasons) who insist that the cultural norms of other nations do not apply to them as they are "strong, independent Americans..."

Sadly that attitude exists with men too.  I've been on many vacations and the Americans are always wondering why these "foreigners" (mind you, we're in their country) don't do things the way they do in the USA.  🤢

In all fairness to the Doctor and the Mrs., I would have a hard time not being concerned about my daughters living conditions, health care, food supply, etc...however I would not interfere and that is where Doc and Mrs. screwed up, I hope they realize if they suggest they move they better be ready to chip in to make that lifestyle happen.

It's one thing to be concerned, it's another thing to rescue a grown adult from their own situation.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

You would think her Doctor daddy and Nurse mommy would pick up on that and focus on helping her. Instead they go in on BabyBini and pound him about what a worthless man he is. I don't blame Bini's sisters for being rough on Ari. They are honest, tell it like it is and they have seen their brother involved with an American who got pregnant then left him. They don't trust Ari and rightly so. 

It's not that I disagree with what you've said. I think that Bini's sisters may be being hard on the wrong person here. He picked her and this wasn't the first time he had a child with an American. The sisters lived through this nightmare before and now they are reliving it. I think they don't want to lose another nephew. Maybe they aren't approaching it correctly from an American point of view. Different cultures express feelings and react differently to many things. It appears that in Ethiopia, the problems are caused by the women and the men are held in higher esteem, so it would only be natural for the sisters to take their brother's side.

I do see Bini's embarrassment as he tries to impress her family and even Ari. He found not 1, but 2 apartments before she even came to Ethiopia, (Are you listening Jahoon?)  Neither of them were good enough. He is working his butt off (no pun intended) but maybe a little precaution after this happened once, would have changed this whole outcome.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

You would think her Doctor daddy and Nurse mommy would pick up on that and focus on helping her. 

Except they've seen this same "I'm not happy and somebody needs to fix it" attitude for years . . . they probably helped create it!  They think she's doing fine as a mother, because she hasn't changed her core behavior.  So if she expresses unhappiness, it's up to Bini to fix it - since they're not there to do it. 

Bini needs to - sadly - recognize that his relationship with this baby will be no better or closer than the one with his older child.  If he marries Ari, his troubles will multiply.  He just needs to let them go back to the USA with her parents, and then he needs to learn to use condoms.

JMO.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, lilysmom said:

It's not that I disagree with what you've said. I think that Bini's sisters may be being hard on the wrong person here. He picked her and this wasn't the first time he had a child with an American. The sisters lived through this nightmare before and now they are reliving it. I think they don't want to lose another nephew. Maybe they aren't approaching it correctly from an American point of view. Different cultures express feelings and react differently to many things. It appears that in Ethiopia, the problems are caused by the women and the men are held in higher esteem, so it would only be natural for the sisters to take their brother's side.

I do see Bini's embarrassment as he tries to impress her family and even Ari. He found not 1, but 2 apartments before she even came to Ethiopia, (Are you listening Jahoon?)  Neither of them were good enough. He is working his butt off (no pun intended) but maybe a little precaution after this happened once, would have changed this whole outcome.

This is the thing that pisses me off about the Americans.  If you're in someone else's country, then don't fucking complain that they're not doing stuff the way they do it in America.  You are not in America.  Different countries do things different ways.  Different cultures do things different ways.  If you don't like it then stay your ass in America.  And don't get me started about Kenny.  Shit, I know more Spanish than him and I'm not thinking about getting married in Mexico.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 23