Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E06: Week 6

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Arkay said:

Oh, without a doubt. You knew from the moment he sat down and said he's a Harvard man, much smarter than the others, that he would be made to look like a dope. This was simple grade-school arithmetic and a very common word to spell. I'm sure the producers thought this would be a hilarious, knee-slapping moment, and designed to make it seem baffling that Tayshia would choose him. It's just a storyline, and Bennett's shtick. I also enjoy it. Mr. Cosmopolitan, done ironically. 

Noah + mustache = Goose in Top Gun

I wouldn’t leap to the conclusion that Bennett is playing this Mr Cosmopolitan role “ironically.” My husband works on Wall St and my daughter is also in finance in NYC, so he definitely fits the type of the up-and-coming “NYC finance bro” such as he is. The Patrick Bateman “American Psycho” persona isn’t really too far off the mark—minus the murder, of course. That being said, he definitely came off more lighthearted this episode protecting the baby doll and whatnot. But I believe he truly strives to be that fancy in everyday life.

ETA: Seriously, “finance bro” is a thing. If you just learned about boujee/bougie, let me introduce you to “finance bro.” They’re boujee as hell but actually have the disposable wealth to back it up! And, come to think of it, I’m more concerned that he’s in finance and can’t do math than that he went to Harvard and could have presumably majored in the humanities.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

I mean, everyone raved about Eazy's salmon suit yet Ben can't wear a scoop neck black t?

He can wear whatever he wants. I just hate the way it looks, much like I hate the way those cropped suit pants the guys are wearing look. And boy band manager Kenny's deeply unbuttoned shirt. And those wretched white sneakers someone wore with their suit that one night. Not my thing.

1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

I give him props for not playing along with TPTB's script. Of course Chasen and Ed would both get roses in the RC because that's how the script was written. The script also was written that those two -- out of a dozen men -- would be pitted against each other in the stupid greased-wrestling show. Yeay to Ed for not playing into TPTB's DRAH-MAH.

I doubt he put that much thought into it. I think he saw how rough the other guys were in the ring, realized he'd been antagonizing this doof for the last few days, and didn't want to risk getting his ass beat in front of the girl he's trying to woo. I mean, Ed's a big dude. He could've come out on top. Unless they really are show muscles indeed. 😊

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

So many of the guys seem to get along so well, I kind of expect to find out that some of them have started dating each other. 

Last week when the fireworks went off after her Brandon date, Demar was standing at the resort with one of the other guys (can't remember which) and they were talking about what a romantic moment Tayshia must be having, but the camera was filming them from behind standing super close with their heads tilted towards each other and I just thought- YOU TWO are having the cuter moment, guys! Adorable.

Speaking of Demar, he and Joe have been my favorites since day 1 on looks alone and I'm so excited to find out I'm justified in my love for them. Demar always has the prettiest smile on his face (and it looks genuine), and while I usually hate when contestants write poetry, he delivered it in a really charming way. And he brought her a mimosa for the bed and breakfast challenge! Yes, please! And Joe is just amazing, his "smack talk" during the wrestling date was the best, and then they showed him sharing some delicious looking Asian bowl with Tayshia later on and showing family photos. Aw! Oh and I loved his ponytail.

Chasen is just every dumb hot douchey dude at the bar who never had to work for women in high school and have never matured past then either. If I have to hear him say "smokeshow" or "Wolverine" one more time...

I do think Bennett is condescending and smug as hell but damn he's still hot, and I'm super entertained watching him. I'm bougie too, Bennett! Loved that Tayshia zeroed in on that as a quality she appreciated, haha. I like how he stirred the pot between Chasen and Ed and then just backed off to watch the drama unfold without getting any of the negative backlash.

Did none of these people recognize Lita from WWE?! Omg! I'm a wrestling fan and I would have been so hyped.

I love how articulate Tayshia is and how she isn't afraid to speak her mind regardless of the situation. A lot of leads let the contestants dictate their time, but Tayshia is really in control of her own season. The way she handled Chasen was great too- telling him she thought this was petty and needed to be buried. I also really like Zac and how she saw and appreciated his suaveness and maturity.

Ok, surprised that I seem to be in a minority here, but my LEAST favorite person right now is Ben. I find him completely cringey. When he had that one on one talk with her where he said seeing her walk across the room makes him want to grab her because she belongs next to him and that his big regret was not being able to just kiss her all day, I was totally squicked out. Major clinger vibes and red flags from him, in my opinion.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Also, I know Ben, the military veteran, because he seems very intense.

Joe doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell, but I'm rooting for the hometown hero doctor.  And yeah, his All Conference Volleyball comment cracked me up. Smart, sweet, and stays above the fray. Go Joe!

I’m obsessed with Joe.  He’s so cute and he’s ignored!  

• Love 13
21 minutes ago, jade.black said:

Ok, surprised that I seem to be in a minority here, but my LEAST favorite person right now is Ben. I find him completely cringey. When he had that one on one talk with her where he said seeing her walk across the room makes him want to grab her because she belongs next to him and that his big regret was not being able to just kiss her all day, I was totally squicked out. Major clinger vibes and red flags from him, in my opinion.

I have to say, I miss a lot when I'm watching/have this show on and am typing posts at the same time. I never heard/saw any of that. Maybe that's best since so many guys in this franchise are dip-wads. Sort of like IRL I guess. Depressing.

40 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

ETA: Seriously, “finance bro” is a thing. If you just learned about boujee/bougie, let me introduce you to “finance bro.” They’re boujee as hell but actually have the disposable wealth to back it up!

Wow @JenE4. Congrats on your disposably wealthy husband!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I wouldn’t leap to the conclusion that Bennett is playing this Mr Cosmopolitan role “ironically.” My husband works on Wall St and my daughter is also in finance in NYC, so he definitely fits the type of the up-and-coming “NYC finance bro” such as he is. The Patrick Bateman “American Psycho” persona isn’t really too far off the mark—minus the murder, of course. That being said, he definitely came off more lighthearted this episode protecting the baby doll and whatnot. But I believe he truly strives to be that fancy in everyday life.

I don't doubt that Bennet is an un-ironic finance bro, but I also 100% believe he messed up the "intelligence" test of basic arithmetic and spelling on purpose. He could barely keep himself from laughing when making the "I graduated from Harvard, I'm smarter than everyone" talking heads; he knew exactly what his edit was going to be and played into it. 

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

ETA: Seriously, “finance bro” is a thing. If you just learned about boujee/bougie, let me introduce you to “finance bro.” They’re boujee as hell but actually have the disposable wealth to back it up!

Hi, neighbor!!! NYC born, bred and still here. Finance bro is very much a real thing, I agree. We may know some of the same people because all my cousins are venture capitalists, hedge fund guys and so on. Lots of family friends in that field, as well. However, I do think Bennett is hyping the role for TV. I'll bet my pension that your husband and daughter can do second-grade math and spell limousine!!!

Ben-- I don't know. I thought that he and Tayshia were connecting but now he seems too clingy. I love Brendan still, and I like Zac. I like Easy but don't feel the vibe coming from Tayshia. 

As a native New Yorker, I'm hoping to be anesthetized some day by Dr. Joe.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I have to say, I miss a lot when I'm watching/have this show on and am typing posts at the same time. I never heard/saw any of that. Maybe that's best since so many guys in this franchise are dip-wads. Sort of like IRL I guess. Depressing.

Wow @JenE4. Congrats on your disposably wealthy husband!

2 minutes ago, Arkay said:

Hi, neighbor!!! NYC born, bred and still here. Finance bro is very much a real thing, I agree. We may know some of the same people because all my cousins are venture capitalists, hedge fund guys and so on. Lots of family friends in that field, as well. However, I do think Bennett is hyping the role for TV. I'll bet my pension that your husband and daughter can do second-grade math and spell limousine!!!

Ben-- I don't know. I thought that he and Tayshia were connecting but now he seems too clingy. I love Brendan still, and I like Zac. I like Easy but don't feel the vibe coming from Tayshia. 

Arkay, you make a good point that Bennett is NOT in the venture capitalist or hedge fund manager stratosphere. As a wealth management consultant, that could be kind of entry level, go down to your local bank branch and get some advice kind of a job. 
I should have specified my husband is finance bro-adjacent. He’s a network engineer who manages the design of a  high-frequency trading network, so walks amongst the finance bros but not of the finance bros, lol. My daughter, on the other hand, is just a couple of years into her finance career and is going places. Complains that she’d never date a finance bro, but her career track and life plan seem pretty bougie to me! Lol.

• Love 5

Enjoyable episode, marred a little by the man-drama but it wasn't too bad. I haven't read any posts yet (but I look forward to it!), just a few thoughts.

The last few minutes with Brendan and Tayshia on the little horses was the best part of the show!

I felt a little sorry for Chasen, being picked on by Ed. I liked Ed when he laughed about winning the man-child award, but I guess that award is truer than anyone realized for his insistence that Chasen is a villain and his refusal to listen to Chasen. By the way, what was Chasen calling Tayshia, a smoke screen??  I'm sure I'll find the answer when I read your posts!

I was glad to see she really likes Ivan. After episode one I posted that I liked him for her (in the Spoiler thread) so it's nice to see she does like him. She does have nice guys. If Ed is the closest there is to a jackass then she's doing well.

Noah is so much cuter without his moustache. I can't help wondering if he grew that mustache on purpose, just so he or she would shave it off and reveal his true cuteness.

I miss Fred Willard on these "athletic" competition dates. I was a little worried during those wrestling matches the way those boys were being slammed around. I think the referee called that one match a draw because she thought someone would get hurt.

Tayshia makes this fun to watch again.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

That Ed guy clearly has no connection with Taysia, he knows it and so he's decided to get his screentime being a bully to the dumb jock who isn't smart enough to go toe to toe with him and see exactly what he's doing. Chasen may not be the brightest tool in the shed but he hasn't bugged me a tenth as much as Ed. 

Is it just me or do others think that Ed could be a tertiary character on "The Sopranos"?  he looks like such a goombah to me.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

The time to let everyone know he couldn't wrestle due to injury was when they were practicing. Since he didn't I call bullshit, he waited to see if he'd be match up with a guy he could put in a good showing with and backed out once he saw he was facing Chasen. "Very careful lifting" was also obviously bullshit. Didn't they even show him doing shrugs with heavy weights?? Like nobody with a "double" shoulder injury would attempt? Before he wrestled Chasen he would have needed his brown pants.

Guys, don't let someone who has never done it shave your face/back/etc. It's not a funny or sexy leaving a guy bleeding from your inexperienced hacking away in all directions while jabbing at your face with a bladed instrument. No matter the supposed 'guard' it possesses, just don't.

I also guess she had to kiss him post-shave, but kissing someone with a bleeding upper lip? Again, NOT sexy.

Totally agree re Ed.  and come to think of it, he looked utterly ludicrous when he was lifting those weights--they were clearly setting him up!!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, jade.black said:

I don't like him either.  I think I did at first, but not anymore.  Plus I was very surprised at what he said in his TH when he didn't get the group date rose.  I don't recall the exact words, but it seemed very depression-ish.

4 hours ago, jade.black said:

And Joe is just amazing, his "smack talk" during the wrestling date was the best, and then they showed him sharing some delicious looking Asian bowl with Tayshia later on and showing family photos. Aw! Oh and I loved his ponytail.

Joe for first Asian bachelor!

• Love 8
20 hours ago, dirtypop90 said:

And Noah was the only guy to volunteer after being asked by Chris for someone to take Ed’s place. He did it with excitement. And yea she shaved his beard but I’ve seen haircuts before. He does look better. And she rightfully IMO gave him the group rose after he put in the most effort. I actually thought he was quite charming.

19 hours ago, sauce62 said:

Noah looked much better without the 'stache. I bet he has no trouble picking up girls. I mean he's an idiot, but there's something about him.

Count me, reluctantly, in the Noah group.  I don't know what it is, but this episode he really made an impression on me.  And looks-wise, I'm surprised no one else has seen it, but to me he looks like he could be former Bachelor Aaron Buerge's younger brother.

• Love 5

This has been such an entertaining season for me. And I kinda like that the producers are making the guys do all these dumb group dates to stay on the show/television. That's the least they could do if they are gonna use this opportunity to shill stuff later on Instagram. You better work bitch! (To quote the great Britney Spears)

My favorite line of the night (from Wells) - "He mounted him like it was the fantasy suites!"

Ed is a bully, I don't care if the other guys like him. He was picking on Chasen even though Chasen has not done anything personal against him and Chasen being too dumb to fight back effectively is sad to watch. On the other hand, this might just be something they cooked up to get more air time. So whatever really. The guys get along too well so the producers have to manufacture drama somehow.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

And looks-wise, I'm surprised no one else has seen it, but to me he looks like he could be former Bachelor Aaron Buerge's younger brother.

Yes, he is totally Aaron Buerge's younger brother and kudoz to you for remembering Aaron Buerge, who is so far back in the Bachelor stratosphere I'm not sure we even had the internet back then when his show aired. 

• LOL 8
5 hours ago, Arkay said:

Ben is cute and sweet, but he has that horribly annoying “ valley girl- upspeak” grating way of talking - just like Connor from Hannah’s season. Other than that he is adorable .

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, waving feather said:

My favorite line of the night (from Wells) - "He mounted him like it was the fantasy suites!"

That was major cringe from me. You just KNEW that he practiced that line beforehand intending to use it the first opportunity he can. The producers constantly show their doucheyness by bringing back their favorite a-holes and famewhores over and over again: Deanna, Ashley I, Wells.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, JenE4 said:

And, come to think of it, I’m more concerned that he’s in finance and can’t do math than that he went to Harvard and could have presumably majored in the humanities.

Bennett has a BA in political science/government.  So just a basic undergraduate degree with no advanced math required.   I find him extremely dull.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Arkay said:

Noah + mustache = Goose in Top Gun

Noah, with the mustache, looks like the adult child of Maverick and Goose. 

Edited by EVS
  • LOL 7
8 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Arkay, you make a good point that Bennett is NOT in the venture capitalist or hedge fund manager stratosphere. As a wealth management consultant, that could be kind of entry level, go down to your local bank branch and get some advice kind of a job. 
I should have specified my husband is finance bro-adjacent. He’s a network engineer who manages the design of a  high-frequency trading network, so walks amongst the finance bros but not of the finance bros, lol. My daughter, on the other hand, is just a couple of years into her finance career and is going places. Complains that she’d never date a finance bro, but her career track and life plan seem pretty bougie to me! Lol.

Bennett is a recruiter at Whitney Partners in NYC placing high level executives in the wealth management services.  He is “a managing director” there along with others with the same title.  

It’s a good paying job but not as much as he’s trying to portray.    

• Useful 7
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Bluesky said:

Bennett is a recruiter at Whitney Partners in NYC placing high level executives in the wealth management services.  He is “a managing director” there along with others with the same title.  

Didn't he say to Clare and/or Tayshia that he's *in* wealth management? I guess it's not technically a lie, but still a stretch. I see people do it all the time on LinkedIn - they have "[industry] executive" or "[industry] leader" as their title instead of "[industry] recruiter" - and it always rubs me the wrong way.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Bluesky said:

That's interesting. I never read these guys' bios so I know very little about them. A managing director doing placement is really more wealth-adjacent, like a headhunter, though as you say it's still a well-paying job. He just brushes by the truly wealthy and I think his gimmick on the show is the pretense about the finer things. He has a sense of humor about it, and that's why I find him enjoyable. I don't think he cares about Tayshia or Clare. He's here to portray himself in a certain way and get his foothold into the perks of Bachelor Nation. 

Is Peter one of the guys Tayshia sent home this episode, who later contracted Covid and was in a bad car accident?

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Arkay said:

Is Peter one of the guys Tayshia sent home this episode, who later contracted Covid and was in a bad car accident?

Yes. She sent home three men at the rose ceremony, Peter, Montel (another one of the four n00bs), and the guy who wore a straitjacket on night one, whose name I don't remember.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

Yes, he is totally Aaron Buerge's younger brother and kudoz to you for remembering Aaron Buerge, who is so far back in the Bachelor stratosphere I'm not sure we even had the internet back then when his show aired. 

We did. And he had a stupid theme restaurant called Trolleys. With train themed crap shoved everywhere. The dumb blonde who was in final two nattered on about how impressive Trolleys was, like she was going to be made manager. Honey, it was a tax shelter he eventually got out from under by filing bankruptcy. You were never going to work at Trolleys. But how refreshing. Trying to get a gig at a stupid theme tax shelter restaurant instead of 2 million followers on social media. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Has it been mentioned yet that Ed looks like John Cusack?  I don’t like him, but I felt bad for him this episode.  That wrestling was some serious bullshit.  Some of the guys were being slammed to the ground. 100% dislike.

Also, who does Chasen look like?

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Didn't he say to Clare and/or Tayshia that he's *in* wealth management? I guess it's not technically a lie, but still a stretch. I see people do it all the time on LinkedIn - they have "[industry] executive" or "[industry] leader" as their title instead of "[industry] recruiter" - and it always rubs me the wrong way.

Yeah, they don’t use the term recruiter anymore.  Whitney Partners does “executive searches” in the financial industry.  He’s a head hunter trying to claim he’s managing wealth.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I don't doubt that Bennet is an un-ironic finance bro, but I also 100% believe he messed up the "intelligence" test of basic arithmetic and spelling on purpose. He could barely keep himself from laughing when making the "I graduated from Harvard, I'm smarter than everyone" talking heads; he knew exactly what his edit was going to be and played into it. 

He also may have made the Harvard comment AFTER screwing up the math and spelling parts. 

• Love 2

Not to get off topic, but doesn't a recruiter (of any profession) have to have some knowledge about the positions he/she is recruiting for?  So Bennett, while not a wealth manager, would have to have some experience with wealth management.  

31 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Not to get off topic, but doesn't a recruiter (of any profession) have to have some knowledge about the positions he/she is recruiting for?  So Bennett, while not a wealth manager, would have to have some experience with wealth management.  

Not at all.  One of my friends recruits financial analysts and she can't even balance a checkbook.  The key is to have a strong marketing/human resources background.  You are given a list of skills and requirements to look for and you simply find candidates that meet those criteria,

It is odd that Bennet did so poorly during the classroom challenge.  Even if it were all for show, why would anyone want to look like an idiot when it comes to answering questions that even a 7-year-old could answer?  The funny thing is Bennet earned a perfect score (800) in the math portion of his SATs, so he has a strong math background.  Im not sure why he couldn't solve those basic math problems.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Some knowledge, yes, but not nearly enough to be able to do the job(s) for which they are recruiting. Their responsibility is to source and vet candidates and be the liaison between the company and candidates during the interviewing/negotiation/hiring process.

3 minutes ago, PhysNerd said:

It is odd that Bennet did so poorly during the classroom challenge.  Even if it were all for show, why would anyone want to look like an idiot when it comes to answering questions that even a 7-year-old could answer?  The funny thing is Bennet earned a perfect score (800) in the math portion of his SATs, so he has a strong math background.  Im not sure why he couldn't solve those basic math problems.  

Bennett didn't earn a perfect math SAT score, he said that Ed did. Although I don't understand why SAT scores come up in conversation between two professional men in their mid-30s.

Edited by chocolatine
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, PhysNerd said:

Bennet earned a perfect score (800) in the math portion of his SATs, so he has a strong math background.  Im not sure why he couldn't solve those basic math problems.

He was trolling the stupid in the room, meaning the stupid baby "math" problems and grade-school spelling "test." I give this guy big props for his sense of humor. He didn't need to prove anything to himself, Tayisha or the world watching, and I say good for him. He's my first choice for smartest and most-fun bach in that group. I'm guessing he's laughing his *ss off  at all the online comments about how "dumb" he is.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, saber5055 said:

He was trolling the stupid in the room, meaning the stupid baby "math" problems and grade-school spelling "test." I give this guy big props for his sense of humor. He didn't need to prove anything to himself, Tayisha or the world watching, and I say good for him. He's my first choice for smartest and most-fun bach in that group. I'm guessing he's laughing his *ss off  at all the online comments about how "dumb" he is.

And I'm pretty sure he knew how to spell "limousine."

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, PhysNerd said:

Not at all.  One of my friends recruits financial analysts and she can't even balance a checkbook.  The key is to have a strong marketing/human resources background.  You are given a list of skills and requirements to look for and you simply find candidates that meet those criteria,

I think Bennett mentioned that one of the other guys had a perfect math score, not him.   I'm not sure if it was edited but it seemed like she asked the question really fast and none of them wrote the numbers down.  I can see getting it wrong.  Would also love to know how many got it right or wrong.

• Love 1
On 11/18/2020 at 1:12 PM, Cornhusker12 said:

Ah yes Jared, the Manliness Expert of Bachelor Nation, AKA the guy so insecure and wishy washy that he married his own stalker.

Seriously not relationship goals . A very creepy couple !!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, waving feather said:

This has been such an entertaining season for me. And I kinda like that the producers are making the guys do all these dumb group dates to stay on the show/television. That's the least they could do if they are gonna use this opportunity to shill stuff later on Instagram. You better work bitch! (To quote the great Britney Spears)

Ed is a bully, I don't care if the other guys like him. He was picking on Chasen even though Chasen has not done anything personal against him and Chasen being too dumb to fight back effectively is sad to watch. On the other hand, this might just be something they cooked up to get more air time. So whatever really. The guys get along too well so the producers have to manufacture drama somehow.

What was the deal with Ed holding the baby? I somehow missed it . He’s a moron. Ugh .

34 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

It was his punishment for being the ‘Man Child’ loser of the challenge.

Also, they said he had to hold it until Tayshia said so. Which only adds to the 'she likes to make the guys squirm for her entertainment' vibe I get from her as she could have 'let him off the hook' at anytime but dragged it out because she thought it was funny.

• Love 2

I loved when Bennett took the baby during one of the Ed/Chasen fights and then when Tayshia showed up he handed it back to Ed real fast with a look on his face like he was afraid he was gonna get in trouble. It was so hilarious.

If you take this show like the comedy it is, it’s such a joy to watch lol.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, nlkm9 said:

Seriously not relationship goals . A very creepy couple !!!

I didn’t realize Jared had finally surrendered  to Ashley. That’s almost as surprising as Carly Waddell surrendering to Evan, the “penis guy”. Crazy!!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, PhysNerd said:

3 hours ago, chocolatine said:
4 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Some knowledge, yes, but not nearly enough to be able to do the job(s) for which they are recruiting. Their responsibility is to source and vet candidates and be the liaison between the company and candidates during the interviewing/negotiation/hiring process.

Exactly.  You'd have to have knowledge of the lingo, etc., but otherwise it's really just a glorified matchmaker. This isn't to say Bennett is not intelligent. Harvard is no joke. However, in a room that includes a doctor and a lawyer, I wouldn't put him at number one. 

ETA: also Ivan, the engineer! 

Otherwise, I agree with @saber5055 that Bennett is the most fun. (OT, I haven't been on the Jeopardy forum for awhile, but  I'm sure you were there today Saber...you must have torn right through that FJ)!

Edited by Arkay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I didn’t realize Jared had finally surrendered  to Ashley. That’s almost as surprising as Carly Waddell surrendering to Evan, the “penis guy”. Crazy!!

lol. But Ashley’s level of stalking and desperation far exceeded anything we’ve ever seen, this woman reportedly would tag along on vacations he had with other girlfriends. I want to be happy for them but it’s just creepy. As far as Carly , they seem to be happy and I hope they continue to thrive . 

• Love 5

Somewhere online I read a comment....wondering how a "certificate" with Bennett's name was already printed and framed when he "won" the grown-ass man nonsense. The commenter said it had to have been pre-selected, just proving what a farce this is. Unless they stopped tape and somewhere at La Quinta they had a printing and framing shop. I thought this was an interesting tidbit which should have been obvious to me, but went over my head. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

lol. But Ashley’s level of stalking and desperation far exceeded anything we’ve ever seen, this woman reportedly would tag along on vacations he had with other girlfriends. I want to be happy for them but it’s just creepy. As far as Carly , they seem to be happy and I hope they continue to thrive . 

There have been separation speculations about Carvan for at least a year.  They seem to live separate lives.

7 minutes ago, Arkay said:

Somewhere online I read a comment....wondering how a "certificate" with Bennett's name was already printed and framed when he "won" the grown-ass man nonsense. The commenter said it had to have been pre-selected, just proving what a farce this is. Unless they stopped tape and somewhere at La Quinta they had a printing and framing shop. I thought this was an interesting tidbit which should have been obvious to me, but went over my head. 

I noticed it and assumed that they printed out 8 of them beforehand (it's not that many) and slipped the winner's name into a frame. That's the efficient way of doing things.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
42 minutes ago, thehepburn said:

I noticed it and assumed that they printed out 8 of them beforehand (it's not that many) and slipped the winner's name into a frame. That's the efficient way of doing things.

Aha! That makes sense, thanks. 

• Love 3
On 11/19/2020 at 3:46 PM, Crashcourse said:

I can say that the recruiters in my line of work don’t have a clue about the positions they recruit for.  I get calls and email multiple times daily from recruiters who have ‘read my resume’ and proceed to recruit me for a position for which there is no mention of that skill set on the document.

I have had some tell me, honestly, that they have no idea what they are doing.  It wouldn’t surprise me that Bennett has no idea either.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, thehepburn said:

More efficient is for TPTB to tell Tayisha that Bennett is winning that contest, and they printed one certificate and framed it a few days before that event was held. It was all part of the script.

• Love 3