Type keyword(s) to search

The State Port Pilot: I Know What You Did Last Summer In The Media

• Start Topic

‘I Know What You Did Last Summer’: Madison Iseman Among Nine Cast In Amazon’s YA Horror Series

Madison Iseman (Jumanji: The Next Level), Brianne Tju (Light as a Feather), Ezekiel Goodman, Ashley Moore (Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping), Sebastian Amoruso (Solve), Fiona Rene (Stumptown), Cassie Beck (Connecting), Brooke Bloom (Homecoming) and Bill Heck (I’m Your Woman) are set to star in the YA horror series, a modern take on the hit 1997 slasher film. Production will begin this month in Hawaii.

I Know What You Did Last Summer     Amazon Prime Video

iknowwhatyoudidlastsummeramazon-16333501

With an 8 episode Season 1, the first four episodes of this series will premiere on October 15, with the next 4 new episodes airing every Friday until the finale on Friday, Nov. 12. Production was in Oahu, Hawaii.
2794901193.jpg

I Know What You Did Last Summer is based on a 1973 YA suspense novel by Lois Duncan with the same name, about four teens involved in a hit-and-run accident that kills a boy. The group makes a pact to not discuss that night, but one girl ends up receiving a note informing her that someone knows what she did last summer.
The book spawned 3 movies, the 1997 horror film, I Know What You Did Last Summer, the 1998 film, I Still Know What You Did Last Summer, and the 2006 film, I’ll Always Know What You Did Last Summer. Fans of the original movies can watch for Easter Eggs in the TV Series.
IDLS_S1_Ashley-Moore-1536x923.jpg

A group of friends who accidentally kill someone. “One year after the fatal car accident that haunted their graduation night, a group of teenagers find themselves bound together by a dark secret and stalked by a brutal killer,” “As they try to piece together who’s after them, they reveal the dark side of their seemingly perfect town - and themselves. Everyone is hiding something, and uncovering the wrong secret could be deadly.”

IDLS_S1_Madison-Iseman-1536x978.jpg

The characters are “not just running from a stalker” in the series. “They also are having relationships and they’re having issues with their families and they’re dealing with their real f**king lives,”. “There’s more than just the mystery of who’s after them. It’s very much a mystery of who they really are.

IDLS_S1_UT_101_210127_DESMIC_00577R_thum
Madison Iseman is playing two roles as Lennon Grant, affectionately known as Lemon, and her twin sister Allison. Although they look alike, the twin sisters have grown apart due to their mother’s tragic death by suicide some time before. While Allison has grown antisocial and despondent, Lennon has become experience-driven, doing drugs, having ethically-questionable sexual encounters and breaking a lot of hearts along the way. Which one was behind the wheel of the car that night and which one was in front of it?

IDLS_S1_UT_102_210128_DESMIC_01082R_thum

IDLS_S1_UT_103_210308_DESMIC_00232R_thum

Bill Heck as Bruce, Allison and Lennon's Dad 

IDLS_S1_Madison-Iseman-Ezekiel-Goodman-1

IDLS_S1_UT_101_210204_DESMIC_01279R_thum

IDLS_S1_UT_103_210303_DESMIC_00422R_thum

Ezekiel Goodman as Dylan 

IDLS_S1_UT_101_210211_DESMIC_00488R_thum

IDLS_S1_UT_101_210219_DESMIC_00447R_thum

I-Know-What-You-Did-Last-Summer.jpg

IDLS_S1_UT_104_210316_DESMIC_00259R_thum

Ashley Moore as Riley

IDLS_S1_UT_101_210209_DESMIC_00043R_thum

Sebastian Amoruso is playing Johnny

IDLS_S1_Brianne-Tju-Madison-Iseman-2-105

IDLS_S1_UT_106_210330_DESMIC_01212R_thum
Brianne Tju as Margot 

IDLS_S1_UT_104_210311_DESMIC_00170R_thum

Fiona Rene as Lyla, the town sheriff

IDLS_S1_UT_103_210319_DESMIC_00417R_thum

Cassie Beck as Courtney, Riley’s working class mom 

Chrissie Fit as the police's prime suspect

Brooke Bloom as Clara 

Sonya Balmores 

Spencer Sutherland

Danielle Delaunay

Edited by AnimeMania

Amazon’s ‘I Know What You Did Last Summer’: TV Review

This new take absolutely has an angle all its own, and a justification for retelling this story. Does that mean it’s good? Nah. It’s marred by mediocre performances, some bad directing choices and an evasive approach to its chosen genre. But in its sea of logical flaws, it’s captivatingly confusing.

‘I Know What You Did Last Summer’ Is Full of Dicks and Gore — And Not Much Else (this one's spoilery for the first four eps)

Amazon’s I Know What You Did Last Summer Fails its Premise

You know how a lot of slasher movies stop making sense if you think about them for too long? Episodic seasons make that even harder. They’re also not a genre thick with character depth, and the leads in this version of “I Know What You Did Last Summer” will make one long for the relative nuance of Freddie Prinze Jr.

Amazon's I Know What You Did Last Summer Review: Episodes 1-4

These glimpses into the past pop up more frequently as the series progresses and, as a result, pave a more engrossing narrative path that slowly, but continually creeps closer to pulling back the curtain on the killer. Episode four, which also takes another satisfying, surprise turn, does an especially good job making the present more engaging by letting us peek into the past. If this trajectory is any indication, I Know What You Did Last Summer's second half will be better than its first.

Amazon’s I Know What You Did Last Summer buries its few thrills in uninventive drama

I Know What You Did Last Summer Review: Even With a New Twist, This Franchise Should Have Stayed in the '90s (also spoilery for the first four eps)

You could go down a checklist of things that are annoying in this type of show. Convoluted storytelling that overuses the device of nonlinearity? Check. Scenes that are meant to build intrigue but in practice give so little information that they're just confusing? Check. Extreme violence and images of self-harm that will make you clutch your pearls a little bit? Check. Overly of-the-moment dialogue that will make this show age like a blue slushie left outside on a Hawaiian summer day? Check and double check.

Madison Iseman Tackles Twins in ‘I Know What You Did Last Summer’ (spoilery for the first four episodes)

When you eventually found out who it was, did it all click together or did it leave more questions for a potential second season?

I think a little bit of both. For me it was a shock, but then I went back and looked at it and the pieces are all there. What’s so great about it is it’s not a let-down and they’re not trying to hide it from you. If you were to sit down and analyze every single episode, you could figure it out. There’s definitely a bunch of misleads, but it’s there — it’s just hidden in the craziness of our show.

• Useful 2

No sequel for this one: https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/i-know-what-you-did-last-summer-amazon-canceled-1235149511/

Not surprising or particularly sad, which makes me sad because I was really looking forward to it every since it was announced.  I just think, at the end of the day, this creative team didn't actually want to make an IKWYDLS series, they wanted to wrap the IP around their own idea for a series and they failed.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Not surprising or particularly sad, which makes me sad because I was really looking forward to it every since it was announced.  I just think, at the end of the day, this creative team didn't actually want to make an IKWYDLS series, they wanted to wrap the IP around their own idea for a series and they failed.

I feel the same. not really sad but kinda sad about it. I wonder if it would have done better if they hadn't used the IKWYDLS name. Since they really didn't live up to that formula I think calling itself that hurt more than helped. 

Other than the misleading title I think the show was trying to throw too much together. It wanted to be a murder mystery, a horror show and a supernatural cult show all in one. Personally I would have ditched the cult angle, it added little and muddied the waters IMO. 

Oh well, considering I just had to think really hard to remember what even happened on the show I don't imagine I'll miss it. 

I enjoyed watching and theorizing about this train wreck while it was happening, but I'm not sad it got cancelled. It was a mess. I can only imagine how the second season would have gone. I bet Riley and Dylan would have teamed up to get revenge on Alison and Margot. I was not looking forward to watching Dylan have anything good happen to him. I'm sure the writers would have made Alison and Margot's relationship really toxic, too. 

• Love 1

I guess it is done because if you saw this type of clip your mind gets curious to know what happened before this scenario and after. which indirectly makes people see the ep.