Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Every Brown Revealed

• Start Topic

While that comment was probably edited to make the most negative impact, the reality is that it is out there for the world to hear and remember.  I can't imagine the teasing Gabe will take in school when his acquaintances grab it and beat him with it.

• Love 1

I really felt for Paedon last night. At this point, why can't his parents take him to Utah to visit his friends? The older kids have been able to return, if memory serves. The Brown "adults" uprooted their children so suddenly, and it's clear that several of the younger kids have the hardest time adjusting. 

Gwendolyn is my favorite of the pre-teens. I think she's going to follow in Madison and Mykelti's footsteps, in terms of thinking for herself. 

• Love 3

I know they each entered into this situation of their own free will, but I feel for both Mery and Janelle.  I just don't see how being involved in a polygamous relationship can do anything but hurt your self esteem.

Meri was raised with the idea that her worth is measured by the number of children she bears.  She was very, very young when she married Kody and must have been devastated when it took so long to conceive.  Janelle comes in and immediately starts popping out babies.   Meri's issues with fertility certainly were not Janelle's fault, but Meri's resentment is only natural.   I probably would not have been the nicest person in the world to Janelle either, particularly at the age of 22 or 23.   In a monogamous relationship, infertility would have been both Meri and Kody's problem, but in their relationship it became Meri's problem alone.  (Similarly, today, the "empty nest" is Meri's problem.)

Janelle walked into a hornet's nest.  Perhaps had Meri had a child first, things would have been different, but that was not the case.  Janelle must have felt like an interloper from day one.  Meri and Kody already had a home and a routine.  Janellle never had the chance to have her husband all to herself.  She never had the joy of being someone's true love--of being THE ONE.

• Love 3

Meri and Janelle. Sheesh. There is a living, breathing example of how this sister wife shit does not work out long-term. Those two ladies are not just not friends. They despise each other. 

Now that I think about it, notice Meri and Janelle have NEVEr sat beside one another on the couch. lol!

• Love 1
(edited)

Oops I obviously am not very good with quotes! Last night I rewound Janelle's statements about Gabriel, just to see if I would feel the same way- and I did. I just imagined Gabriel watching the episode, and listening to all the fun and positive things being said about his siblings, only to hear his parents mention in numerous ways how difficult he has been. That's why the "I was afraid I would have another Gabriel" bothered me so much. Not to mention, he is still growing up; it's not like she is talking with him when he's an adult and laughing about what a pain in the butt he was. Words carry so much power, and I was really surprised that that was what she chose to say about her son on television.

Yes I am probably being over sensitive; for me, imagining my daughter hearing me say the same about her would be so hurtful. I was surprised to hear Janelle say that when the purpose of the interview was to celebrate each child.

No, No....I agree that was mean and hurtful. She was basically saying that if she had another baby that was like him, she wouldn't want it. Now, I think there was some editing hijinks and maybe she had tough pregnancy or maybe he had health issues early on. It was out of character for her to say that IMO.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 1
(edited)

Any way you slice it, Robyn's kids by her prior marriage are sealed to their real father, and I don't think she can change that unless he leaves the church or something.

That's true in the regular modern day Mormon church, but not in some Fundamentalist Mormon churches, per Wikipedia:

I found it in a listing of "Saving Ordinances":

"Saving ordinances are those rituals that are a requirement for exaltation. They are usually performed only once for each individual."

"Ritual of the Law of Adoption: An ordinance whereby individuals are sealed by adoption to non-biological fathers. This ordinance is no longer practiced in the mainstream LDS Church, though it is in some fundamentalist groups."

I had read about this before and remembered it vaguely.  Perhaps their fundie church doesn't recognize the kids as being sealed to the biological father anymore and that's why Robyn is going overboard to make the kids call him "Dad".  It looks like they believe the kids have to be "resealed" in order to be saved, hence her pushy, desperate attitude.  Knowing them and their liberal interpretation of formal relationships, formal legal adoption is probably not a requirement, just their marriage ceremony or some other "adoption" ceremony for them to recognize the kids as being adopted.  That's what it looks like to me, anyway.

HSP can mean highly sensitive person. From context, I think the poster meant that meaning.

Yes, that's what I meant.  It comes from the book on the subject by Elaine Aron.  As I get older I am becoming more of one myself in certain ways.  It's not just being sensitive to noise or light but it can include just about anything and everything.  It encompasses both the mental and physical realms.  Some people think there is a correlation between migraines and/or Fibromyalgia and being a HSP.

Edited by Intuition
  • Love 1

Shark.Way.Jumped.

Each week is more and more painful. Just a matter of time until we read about them losing "their" Vegas houses (wet bar included) and moving back to Utah (despite the on-going legal threats...).

• Love 5

While that comment was probably edited to make the most negative impact, the reality is that it is out there for the world to hear and remember.  I can't imagine the teasing Gabe will take in school when his acquaintances grab it and beat him with it.

What a great point about the teasing that the kids must endure from classmates.  I have to wonder what their classmates, friends and their parents think when they see these episodes with Kody jumping around, shaking out his hair in the mirror, tooling around in his sports car while his stable of brood mares agonizes over the bills, etc.  

• Love 5

Would you really be ok with that? I'd be afraid that he'd revert to polygamy as he gets older.

Yes, because she would give him two choices. One wife: keep your gonads. More wives: the 'nads and I are leavin' your sorry ass.

• Love 1

I decided to watch it and I'm kind of glad, because I saw some of the back story that I didn't know about since I only started watching this series about half way through (when they were building the Vegas houses, I got sucked in).

So, I did find it interesting to hear how they all came together since I didn't really know the details of that. They were all so young. Meri said that she and Kody were married almost three years when he married Janelle. She talked about how she hadn't gotten pregnant in those first three years and thought she might never have kids. That makes me wonder whether Kody sought out a second wife at that point because Meri hadn't popped out a baby yet and he needed to find a woman who could produce some kids for him?

I kind of liked this episode, but I like the ones that focus more on the kids instead of the stupid joory business. I like hearing more about their back story too. I laughed so hard when Kody was talking about when he and Meri first started dating and what a "good listener" she was. Perfect for Kody! He needed someone who would just shut up and let him ramble on. 

It's so interesting, yet weird, to hear about how all of the wives came into the picture. It's just strange to think in their culture you can outright flirt with a married man.

So funny how when they were all talking about Kody's eyes, Meri says - "Kody's eyes sparkles and you know they are only for you.....in that moment". Yea, you better add that last part! HA!

That flirting business was something I wanted to comment on too. Just watching it on my TV, I was so uncomfortable hearing Christine talk about how she flirted with Kody. It's just so damn weird!

Also, the part about his eyes:

Christine: When he looks at you with those eyes, you are the most important person in the world. You are loved far more than any woman in the world has ever been loved before. And you (Kody) turned those eyes on me...

(The wives are all tearing up now)

Meri: Because we all know those eyes. They sparkle and you know that they are only for you... in that moment.

@ghoulina, you beat me to it, but I thought the same thing. LOL, Meri had to add "in that moment". I was dying hearing what Christine and Meri said. How Christine can even say that about being the most important person in the word, being loved more than any woman in the world has ever been loved. Whaaat?? Christine, you're not the most important person to him, or loved more than any other woman. You're one of FOUR!

These people are so weird!

I also found it odd the way Chrsitine described always wanting to be a third wife. She wanted all the issues worked out by the first two wives before she got there, and she doesn't want a husband around all the time, ("They're too much work"). So, okay, just admit that you want a part time husband.

As far as the kids, I think Logan and Aspyn are just great. I'm not that concerned with the way they both helped out and did so much for their younger siblings. I have one family of cousins where there were six kids, and one where they were five, (only two kids in my family). Without any prodding from their parents, the oldest in both of my cousins' families were just natural leaders/protectors/caregivers. They wanted to do it and even now as adults the younger siblings in the families look to the oldest ones for advice and help when needed. It's just the dynamic of their families and it seems to work for all of them.

I didn't realize that there was a short period of time when Christine, Meri and Janelle were all pregnant at the same time (with Aspyn, Mariah, and Madison, respectively).

Also, wow, Christine had Gwendolyn only four days after Janelle had Gabriel? 

I can't stand Robin. While they're hinting like crazy that she's pregnant, WTH could the phone call be about? Maybe they're just playing with the viewers trying to get them to tune in to see if she's pregnant when the big announcement is just that the investors finally gave them some money? Actually, that's probably not it, but it's what I'm hoping because the LAST thing these people need is another kid.

Btw, I was curious as to how old Robin is so I checked and she's only 35? Really? if you told me she was ten years older than that I wouldn't doubt it at all. 

• Love 1

Janellle never had the chance to have her husband all to herself. She never had the joy of being someone's true love--of being THE ONE.

Hopefully she had that experience with her first husband.

Since she and her husband weren't married for very long before divorcing, probably not or at least not for very long at all. She might even have a .better relationship with Kody, even if it seems mostly friendship.

I kind of get wanting to be the 3rd wife if you've been raised to be polygamous. 1st wife (usually) gets the legality but has to deal with being no1 and watching others come in and "steal" your husband emotionally, even if you've been expecting. Meri and Janelle show the dangers between two women starting to share a man. As she says no3 can potentially be a peacemaker or at least not as controversial. And there's more likelyhood of being the last (as she was for 16 years) since 3 is the minimum for your own planet. 

Ugh, I haven't seen this episode yet but I don't think I can stomach the discussion of the sparkly eyes. The wives probably live for that brief flash of victory when they have that moment with Kody's eyes. At that one instant they can tell themselves, "I won! Kody loves me and only me (right now)!" Maybe that sad little triumph, that feeling of momentary power, is one of the "blessings" we monogamists will never understand. It reminds me of someone I know who used to chase unavailable men because she needed that feeling of taking a man away from another woman. See, monogamists can have dysfunctional relationships too!

• Love 3
In a monogamous relationship, infertility would have been both Meri and Kody's problem, but in their relationship it became Meri's problem alone.  (Similarly, today, the "empty nest" is Meri's problem.)

This statement just gave me the chills. It's so very true. I do have SOME sympathy for Meri. It could not have been easy to see all the other wives easily having babies while she struggled. I had some struggles with conceiving my first, and it's hard enough to see every friend, distant relative, co-worker, etc. pass you by as you get another negative result on the old pregnancy test. But to have those women be the ones you share your husband with? I can't imagine the toll that would do on your self esteem. 

But wasn't Meri a bitch to Jenelle when she first moved in? Before anyone had kids or was pregnant? I honestly think Meri just does not have the personality to handle this kind of relationship. I doubt many people do, but she REALLY does not. Yet she was raised to believe this is right and so she goes along with it because of that and also to keep Kody happy, who I believe she truly does love. 

I also found it odd the way Chrsitine described always wanting to be a third wife. She wanted all the issues worked out by the first two wives before she got there, and she doesn't want a husband around all the time, ("They're too much work"). So, okay, just admit that you want a part time husband.

I think it's cool that she can admit that. Not everyone is the same in what they want out of a relationship. I actually think Christine is someone who is pretty well cut out for polygamy, I just think she got kind of a shitty husband and a couple of shitty sisterwives. I actually think she is probably pretty cool with Meri, despite her bitchy, first wife status. But I think Kody did her really wrong in how he handled bringing Robyn into the family at the time Christine was pregnant with and having Truely. In general, I see Christine as being pretty chill and actually enjoying sisterwives, as long as she is treated with a modicum of fairness. And I think she was sort of tossed aside when Robyn came on the scene, and possibly her kids were too. I think Christine probably feels very slighted when her kids lose out, and when Robyn came along Kody was spending all of his time with her. That's something the family has never really been through - because weren't all of the first three wives married before any kids were born? So we've only really seen Christine post-Robyn, and I kind of wonder what she was like before that. Because she seems really laid back and go-with-the-flow to me. 

• Love 2
(edited)

spidermiss2426:  I watch the little girl from across the street, and she has a stepdad. When she's telling me about her dads, she'll say "my dad and/or my other dad"

Edited by Taylorh2
  • Love 1

The wives probably live for that brief flash of victory when they have that moment with Kody's eyes. At that one instant they can tell themselves, "I won! Kody loves me and only me (right now)!" Maybe that sad little triumph, that feeling of momentary power, is one of the "blessings" we monogamists will never understand.

THIS!  If this is what Robyn and Christine are trying to convince us that monogamists are missing out on - no worries, girls!  I'm good!  Ya know why?  Because I get that look every day.  And ya know what else is crazy?  I'm the ONLY one my husband looks at like that.  EVER.  Because we are boring monogamists. 

I just cannot fathom living each and every day just hoping/praying for that possible glimmer of attention in a single moment.

• Love 7

I found the discussion of Kody's eyes fascinating, because I think his eyes are his creepiest feature (followed closely by his hair).  In his younger days, he was a pretty good looking man, but now he just creeps me out.  Cutting his hair would help, but I don't think there's anything he can do about his eyes.

• Love 7
(edited)

Robyn announced nothing.  She had to go answer the phone.  (I kid you not!)

Oh, I'm on the edge of my seat biting my nails. What could it be? WHAT COULD IT BE??.....Not.

I found the discussion of Kody's eyes fascinating, because I think his eyes are his creepiest feature (followed closely by his hair).  In his younger days, he was a pretty good looking man, but now he just creeps me out.  Cutting his hair would help, but I don't think there's anything he can do about his eyes.

On TWOP, we all agreed he has dead eyes that turn black when he is pissed off. 

Edited by jellywager
  • Love 7

I have been thinking about Meri, raised in polygamy but not seeming to have the personality for it. I believe it is so important that we each find our own spiritual path. And we are different in that. Sometimes we are raised in a tradition that is so different from the path that is best for us, and we experience spiritual dissonance. It can be very uncomfortable. If this is true for Meri, I'm imagining being pulled into such a public situation. Now, I know this may all be baloney about Meri. But if it is the case, I do feel for her.

• Love 5
(edited)

I feel for all of the ones raised in Polygamy to an extent. Kody and Janelle came to it of their own stupidity. I don't feel bad for them.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 2

SO, since Kody is the head of a polygamist family, he is allowed to start dating any woman he finds attractive in the name of "courtship" for a potential wife?  How is that not cheating on your other wives?  Or, does the other wives have to agree ahead of time on women he is dating?  I just don't see how a woman could NOT have self esteem issues with this lifestyle no matter what their relationship is like.

• Love 1

I find it interesting that Janelle was married to Meri's brother, who I assume was also raised in polygamy, but Janelle came to polygamy AFTER her divorce from him.  

SO, since Kody is the head of a polygamist family, he is allowed to start dating any woman he finds attractive in the name of "courtship" for a potential wife?  How is that not cheating on your other wives?  Or, does the other wives have to agree ahead of time on women he is dating?  I just don't see how a woman could NOT have self esteem issues with this lifestyle no matter what their relationship is like.

Usually I think they are at least theoretically supposed to all agree its time to bring in another wife. Meri is credited with pushing a reluctant (in the very beginning) Kody on Robyn, possibly because she wanted an ally in the family. They also all looked at other potential 4ths a couple of times before Robyn. That's one of the reasons Christine was so upset about the kissing and the wedding dress with Robyn/Kody before the wedding, it's against their courtship rules No kissing before marriage (and whilst she's giving birth to his daughter) and wives are supposed to choose the wedding dress together.

Also Kody's supposed to get full approval of their church to make sure its all spiritual and he can support an extra wife etc. He's not supposed to be able to install a theoretical mail order bride no one has met and agreed to, although again in practice it might get tough to all disagree.

I firmly believe that not all relationship have to be strict monogamy to be functional and workable. I'm not sure how often that happens in religiously mandated polygamy wife a dufus in charge, but even then I believe Christine when she says she wanted to be a 3rd wife (and last) although her reality might not live up to how she imagined it and I believe Janelle might have enjoyed working whilst having a sister wife to take care of all their kids together, although her relationship with Meri was poisonous.

I feel like the glimmer eye thing is only a huge thing because every single one of them is so obsessed with THE DUDE. 
They have the wrong mentality imo, and each wife lives for her slice of time with him instead of getting to be really good friends with each other and love each family member equally (but differently). 
Summary: Kody is gross  

• Love 2
(edited)

I have been thinking about Meri, raised in polygamy but not seeming to have the personality for it.

I think you've hit the nail straight on the head!  Meri was (by her own and Kody's admission) extremely shy and hadn't dated much (if at all) before meeting Kody.  She probably thought she was cut out for polygamy, even went along with it at first but then probably realized she had a jealous side that hadn't reared its ugly head before.  Thus, the issues with each of the subsequent "wives" (except, strangely enough, Robyn).  

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 2
(edited)

They have the wrong mentality imo, and each wife lives for her slice of time with him instead of getting to be really good friends with each other and love each family member equally (but differently). 

This seems true. This is exactly why they can't do a good job of convincing viewers this is a great way of life. I have no doubt that there are plural families out there who are somehow making it work and are harmonious together but this bunch does not seem cut out for it anymore. In the last "tell-all" with Tamryn, they all couldn't even give a clear answer when she asked if they were friends! 

Edited by purpleflowers

The problem is that it appears that Robyn didn't allow the kids to just naturally start calling Kody "Dad".  There's footage of her telling one of her kids to call him that.

My parents were divorced when I was very young and then my mom remarried within a couple of years, so I naturally grew up calling my step-father "Dad". 

But when my uncle married a woman who had a 9 year old son, the boy called my uncle by his first name until a few years later when he was overheard telling other kids at a company picnic that my uncle was his dad.  When his mom spoke to him about it later, he simply said that my uncle was also his dad.  Not long after, the boy was calling both men Dad, but had no problem differentiating them apart.  He did what I did, he called both men by the same name, but when he thought of one dad he had a clear picture in his mind of who that man was and how that man fit into his life.  Anyone who knew the boy well could tell what man he was talking about when he said "My Dad".

Robyn appears to be so desperate to fit in to the Brown family that she forced her children to instantly start calling Kody "Dad".  For her own benefit, she denied her children the time and emotional inclination to view Kody as another dad.  Robyn sucks.

I also think it would be hard for Robyn's kids to forge a bond with Kody like a normal stepfather would when he's only there every 4 nights and has tons of other people who need/want his attention. It's essentially the same as a mother who has a boyfriend who sleeps over on the weekends and occasionally goes out to dinner together with the kids. Except with 20 other people.

I just think it's shitty to have that many kids because no matter how good of a father Kody tries to be, there will never be enough of him to be an active father figure to that many kids. And they want to add more!

• Love 3

They discussed this in a previous season and in their book, and they were all emphatic that they would completely accept it.  Janelle even pointed out that in a group of this many kids, at least one of them is bound to be gay.  And Christine said one of her girls had already come to her with questions about it and they had a good talk.  I know you can't always believe everything they say, but they came across as 100% believable on this topic.  

I remember seeing that conversation and I agree. Janelle was realistic. They all seemed sincere about their acceptance. I can totally believe Janelle, Christine and Meri would deal with it well. I think if it came down to it, Kody would be skwicky and Robyn would just deny it. Let's hope it's not Sol.

Viewers for the week:  1.612 M viewers and a .5 rating.  That's enough to keep them around another season.

Well they have one less viewer - me.  After that cheesy pseudo-cliffhanger fake phone call ending of this "Revealed" episode (on which absolutely nothing was revealed) I'm done.  I have no desire to see Sobbin's pregnancy or watch the endless rehashing of the same tired stories.  And I'd rather stick an ice pick in my eye that have to endure the wives on a cruise.

The only thing I would come back for would be to see the foreclosures that are on the horizon and see how they'd scramble to spin it into some sort of persecution because of their "choice of lifestyle".

• Love 5

Please correct me if I am wrong.  The Browns engage in plural marriage for religious reasons, don't they?  What exactly do they believe will happen if they don't have a plural marriage?  They seem pretty cool with their children deciding NOT to live plural marriage.  If there is some eternal benefit or reward for living that lifestyle, wouldn't they be more encouraging of their kids to live polygamy?

• Love 4

Please correct me if I am wrong.  The Browns engage in plural marriage for religious reasons, don't they?  What exactly do they believe will happen if they don't have a plural marriage?  They seem pretty cool with their children deciding NOT to live plural marriage.  If there is some eternal benefit or reward for living that lifestyle, wouldn't they be more encouraging of their kids to live polygamy?

They won't get their own planet in Heaven or some other sort of nonsense.

Good thing they aren't beady like a toaster, because as Christine will tell you, toasters are more dangerous than sharks.

I must have missed something. Can someone please explain this reference to me?

I must have missed something. Can someone please explain this reference to me?

Quite literally Christina said she feared having a toaster because more people are killed by toasters than sharks. 

• Love 1

Well, I did once set my toaster oven on fire and almost had the kitchen cabinet (and entire kitchen) go up in flames. It was pretty scary, my first and only kitchen fire. It was a few years ago and my son still talks about it. 

I blame it on Trader Joe's, though.

• Love 2

I also liked having some (appropriate, prepped/not showing a kid's meltdown or emotional trauma) focus on the younger kids too. Doubt Kody has legally adopted Robyn's kids, since their visitation with their father (after Christmas right after they moved into the new houses) indicates he's maintained his parental rights. (No idea whether Kody would even be able to do a second-parent adoption in Utah, since he isn't legally married to their mother? But maybe that part isn't the roadblock I'd expect - Brad Pitt adopted Angelina's then-two kids after she legally adopted them but without their ever getting married.) If the kids want to call Kody Dad/Daddy, I have no issue with that - they can have two dads, they still see their father, and honestly they'd probably feel like outsiders if they called him Kody since NONE of the other kids do. (As opposed to each of the kids being on a first-name basis with their other moms.) But I obviously hope they weren't told they had to. I can just see them choosing to do so at their age, since they spend most of their time with a dozen+ kids/siblings who also call him "Dad." They could easily end up switching from "Kody" (what they presumably called him during Robyn's courtship) to "Dad" just because they're surrounded by people calling him that. I knew an apartment-mate by her given name for a few months before our other roommates came back from a year abroad, and they already knew her and both used a nickname that I exclusively heard at home often enough to naturally switch within a few months (bonus: it knocked off a syllable).

On the upside, for the kids' sake I think it's great that their full legal names (probably not Brown) aren't nearly as public as the other kids' are.

Um, what does Mariah's attractiveness have to do with anything? Regardless, but especially at that age. God forbid my worth be judged based on how I looked in the 9th grade. But yeah, shitty that Meri didn't pick up any of that, but I also think that a) she was also working, at least part-time, in Lehi, and b) she and Janelle have had a rough relationship for so long that it probably wouldn't have been welcome even if attempted. Especially Meri using Janelle's kitchen, since it's established that Janelle found it abusive to share a kitchen with Meri. I seriously don't think that Janelle, Kody, or Logan would have found that assistance to actually be beneficial. Parallel disengagement seemed to be their peaceful coexistence strategy by the time Logan was old enough to take that on.

I can't stand Kody's slicked back ponytail, but I admit that I also find it kind of sweet - it's Janelle who likes his hair that way, so I get the feeling he does it because she likes it, not because it's his favorite style. And I'm not exactly a fan of his, I just like Janelle. Whose attempt at holding a smile when he suggested she and Meri take a cruise together was hysterical. (Props to Meri for trying to cover the awkward for the cameras/public, but easier for her to do since it seems she was more actively hurtful to Janelle in the past than vice versa.)

I don't think the OP meant physical attractiveness but Mariah's attractiveness on the inside. She has come off as a spoiled, whiny, petulant, entitled brat, who rarely helps out and expects better perks than her siblings. I liked her in S1, but once they moved to Las Vegas and she was stuck in Meri's townhouse all day, she started showing all these unattractive qualities. Hopefully college will even her out .

• Love 2

Did you notice that that Robyn was coaching Brianna during her interview? She probably coached the girl to say her name was Brianna Brown.

I think that Meri brought in wife #4 because Janelle and Christine were getting along really well, and leaving her off to the side. She stated in the TH that bringing in wife #3 evened out the family so no one felt lonely when Kidy was on a date with the other. But Janelle and Christine bonded in their Meri-inflicted misery, both having a brood of children, and their easygoing natures. Since those two are now BFFs (once again leaving Meri the odd woman out), they probably often agreed a lot, and outvoted Meri. Thus the power was no longer balanced in her favor, as Kody would just go with the decision of the majority. After years of enduring this, Meri initiated the 4th wife situation. She picked someone that she thought she could get along with and someone that would essentially be her minion and on her side, rocking the happy boat of the other 2 wives and upsetting the cart. Too bad her plan backfired, and now she just tolerates Sobbin'.

Meanwhile, Janelle just ate her feelings as usual, and ignored the drama, but Christine (who thought being wife #3 would make her the last and keep her the favorite), really struggled. Moving to LV was a boon for them because if they were stuck in the LeHigh house with wife #4, they would have had no space really to sort out themselves. But both women (J & C) gained more independence in Las Vegas, which also evolved them both into ways that Kody now is super attracted to. They learned to be okay emotionally without Kody, make their own decisions, speak their mind, run their household as they see fit, and manage their children with no help from the Kodester (since he's not there anyway). Thus, by them not being so clingy and needy like Sobbin,, plus the weight loss, makes him enjoy the relationships with them more .

• Love 4

Unshamingly stealing a topic title on PTV : Party of One: Unpopular TV Opinions :

- I liked Kody better with the ponytail. I find it odly sexy. Writing that about Kody just made me throw up a little but still.

- I liked this episode. Not the rehash of The! Move! to! Las! Vegas! nor the Hospital but seeing all the kids one by one and a little bit of footage about them. And I loved the family videos. Although maybe everything was already seen footage and I don't pay the show enough attention to remember, always doing something else during it...

They are good kids, the real family here. Not the depressed wives, not their stupid father : them. I was moved by the fraternal links and kind of pissed now the show spent so much time on the wives, Kody and stupid storylines when the true story of how successful their version of polygamy can be seems to lie within the kids. Despite their disfunctional parents or maybe to protect themselves from the disfunction, they managed to form a tight unit. I would have love to see that over the years, not just during the first episode of the show or Truely's stay in the hospital.

At least that's the only occasions I remember seeing that unity. Granted I have a shitty memory so I'm probably mistaken and that's why I liked this episode while a large number of people felt it was just rehashing ! Haha !

• Love 2

As much as I dislike Robyn (or is she Robun now with maybe one in the oven?), I do appeciate her attitude/comments about Day-un. She acknowledges his Aspergers, knows he has diffculties and that is good IMO. I totally agree that him spending lots of time with his typical siblings and step-siblings will only help him in dealing with his social developement and Robun mentioned that in her TH. Kody is clueless and in denial about it- so what else is new?

• Love 1

I finally got to watch this episode. I have always liked Janelle but Christine is growing on me as well. I am another who is impressed by Robyn's description of Asperger's which was pretty insightful and clued in. Meri seems remote and very cold to J&C. She barely said anything about their children during the show. I also think that as much as he seems to be a real tool, Kody does seem to genuinely love the kids, including Robyn's that she brought to the marriage. 

It looks like Christine has recently lost weight. Her face suddenly seems much thinner, anyway. Maybe the Truely drama did it to her, but it would be nice to see Kody compliment that he like does Janelle.

I have a feeling that Kody and Meri were laying in bed (once every 3 days) and writing letters to networks on how to get themselves a show. Ahh ha, let's add a new wife! Someone will pick up that idea and run with it (and TLC never lets you down)! I think they would have all stayed perfectly happy (and miserable) to be the family that they were if they didn't need a hook for a TV show. Robyn should be so flattered that she was probably nothing more than a hook.

Meri always seems the most unhappy in every single situation, but I think that's because she never accepted a role in her life/family. Janelle kept popping out children and going to work, and Christine was more than happy to just be everyone's mommy and share a guy. Robyn seems to think that she's the new family/team/business leader, but she's kind of winning that title by default because the others just don't seem to care. No one else wants more kids, and they all seem relieved to have their own houses to sit around and film in. Janelle goes to the gym, but like I said before, I still don't see evidence that she's working in real estate.

I SORT OF get Christine saying how hard she took Robyn's entrance into the family, but she wanted everything on her own terms. After all, she proclaimed herself the shameless flirt - how did the first two wives like that? Even if you accept and want the lifestyle, Christine proves that jealousy is pretty human nature, and she fell apart when she found out she would not be the last wife. Yes, Kody was courting during her pregnancy, but we've seen a lot of things overlap with these people (wives knocked up together).

All that said, I still don't have a problem with the lifestyle ... I just have yet to see anyone live it the way they claim it's supposed to go. The other families TLC has shown were also dealing with the same insecurities and jealousies. Living in four separate houses seems to be the exact OPPOSITE of being a plural family. Right now they're just all neighbors. Forced to deal with each other for filming purposes. If things end right here, and they miraculously can afford to live the way they are, I can only see the kids running in and out houses to play with their siblings. I can see Christine taking in Sol and Janelle's kids, while those two are forced to go work somewhere. But I don't see "family".

Heh, I just had an image of all this cruise talk - the old Love Boat beginning - Kody and company with their heads all popping up to the theme music.

• Love 3

I liked Kody better with the ponytail. I find it odly sexy. Writing that about Kody just made me throw up a little but still.

I don't know what to say except......why??????

• Love 1