Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E01: All Tomorrow's Parties / S17.E02: The Center Won't Hold

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, greysfan said:

Hi guys! I'm rewatching all season since quarantine. I have realized that it's imposible that DeLuca is an attending/fellow in April 2020. He was starting his internship in July 2016 (Derek dies in March 2015, Meredith moved back to Seattle in January 2016, and it's supposed to be July 1st when De Luca arrived as an intern). If the residency takes 5 years... It's just imposible. He should be finishing his 4th residency year. What do you think? 

time has no meaning in Grey's. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, greysfan said:

I know, but I still get surprised when I realize one of those mistakes 

Oh, but he was RIGHT about the human trafficking situation and he is officially diagnosed as bi-polar when no one would give a damn. Give the man a promotion!

On 11/26/2020 at 6:00 PM, greysfan said:

Hi guys! I'm rewatching all season since quarantine. I have realized that it's imposible that DeLuca is an attending/fellow in April 2020. He was starting his internship in July 2016 (Derek dies in March 2015, Meredith moved back to Seattle in January 2016, and it's supposed to be July 1st when De Luca arrived as an intern). If the residency takes 5 years... It's just imposible. He should be finishing his 4th residency year. What do you think? 

I'm rewatching as well, and I'm on season 5.  I've finally discovered that time means nothing, and it's SUPER frustrating.  Apparently, the season 4 finale and the season 5 premiere happen on consecutive days.  But in the season 5 premiere, it's snowing, and it wasn't in the season 4 finale.  But is it May?  September?  January?  WTF...  

35 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I'm rewatching as well, and I'm on season 5.  I've finally discovered that time means nothing, and it's SUPER frustrating.  Apparently, the season 4 finale and the season 5 premiere happen on consecutive days.  But in the season 5 premiere, it's snowing, and it wasn't in the season 4 finale.  But is it May?  September?  January?  WTF...  

Right and then they tried to do the time skip to get everything aligned and it just didn't make sense. Having seasons and sets match up with current time was not GG strong point or even realism. 

41 minutes ago, readster said:

Right and then they tried to do the time skip to get everything aligned and it just didn't make sense. Having seasons and sets match up with current time was not GG strong point or even realism. 

There was already a small time jump in season 4 due to the writers' strike, too.  I can understand that, and it was smooth enough to make sense.  I can also understand picking up the season premiere from a cliffhanger in a season finale... but how can you just change seasons, and pick a season that is neither when the finale or the premiere is taking place?  I thought a character made a comment about an early fall snow, but still....

• Useful 1

Well, this is me . . . SUPER late to the party and far too late to join in the discussion in any meaningful way.  So I'll just say that I think the writers came up with a very clever way to bridge the gap between what I PRESUME (I haven't done any research) was the last episode filmed pre-lockdown and the first episode filmed post-lockdown.  It's really a genius solution to an extraordinary situation.  So I enjoyed the time-jumping, and the mask protocols were a terrific visual cue as to which time frame we were in.

That being said, I hate episodes that center around serious burns.  I'm a retired accountant.  I deliberately never considered a career in medicine because I am easily grossed out.  As such I have seen ENOUGH burn unit scenes courtesy of this show -- I hope to never see another.

Now I'm taking my retired butt back to the couch and binging through the rest of my taped episodes of this show.  It's been so long since I watched that I've gotten fairly confused as to who is currently hooked up with who and who has sired children with a co-worker who is no longer (or never was) their life partner that I feel like I need an org chart to navigate all the angst.  But what the heck . . . I like a good puzzle.

Edited by WatchrTina
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I was mostly confused when the blonde kid appeared in the garden behind Linc and Amelia and i was thinking WHO THE HECK IS THAT

Not realising they were living with meredith so it was one of hers.

It wasn't 100% deluca and Mer had broken up as far as i could see. and why was maggie sleeping on any floor? surely they have enough beds in the house?

• Love 1