Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: Terra Nullius

Message added by formerlyfreedom

Stick to discussion of the episode, please. Discussion or mention of future events is NOT ALLOWED in episode topics, including mention of individuals who have not yet appeared or events that occur in future decades. Posts will be removed; repeated violations may incur further sanctions.

• Start Topic

I went and rewatched all the Charles and Diana scenes trying to figure out fact from fiction.

Was it confirmed that Charles was in fact still in contact with Camilla so early on in the marriage? Reason I am asking is that he staunchly claims the affair was over when he married Diana in the beginning to try to make the marriage work. But it won't work if he still is in contact with Camilla calling her for advice, reassurance and still seeing her as "friends".

I very much enjoyed the moment when Anne was explaining to The Crown that compassion and empathy are sometimes appropriate, if not necessary.  With each added phrase, it seemed to me that she was loving this chance to let her have it, in the veddy British understated manner.

We had just seen the lunch where Elizabeth was just ripping on Anne unintentionally and it was cutting as can be.  Anne had to just sit there and chew.  This time, the shoe was on the other foot and she took full advantage.  Good on her!

My other favorite moment was when PM Hawke showed Charles his cards and Charles was at a complete loss as to how to play his cards.  It was a perfect representation of what a dolt Charles was and a full affirmation to Hawke as to Charles' ill fitness to lead.  

The fight with Adeane in the plane was excellent.  That the functionary acted as if he were in the power position told Diana all she needed to know.  Adeane had some excellent points, but his manner was much too disrespectful.  Lascelles was very firm with Elizabeth at times, but he always affected deference to her.  Diana was a Princess.  Full stop.   Adeane went too far.

• Love 3