Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Inconceivable

When an infant is reported stolen, Moretti hunts down the kidnapper and makes a very bizarre discovery. As Pierce and Moretti investigate a related murder, they find that there might be another child out there who needs their help. Meanwhile, Donnie and Moretti discuss their future together when Donnie looks into buying a house in the suburbs.

I don't recall any other shows or movies that used this plot device. Anyone else?

It seemed like they deliberately cast Lucy as a Casey Anthony look alike, right?

It was very sad that the fireman and his wife didn't get to keep the baby, but he should have known better, I guess.

• Love 1

That's a little scary. Much of it sounds unhealthy though I suppose someone could argue it's just a hobby like model planes. I'm trying to imagine -- for example -- the emotion of having someone recreate one of my own now grown children into a newborn equivalent. As I say, scary to me. Therefore it is a great dramatic element. I truly enjoyed the show. 

I suppose someone could argue it's just a hobby like model planes.

One could also argue it's better than being a serial killer who dresses women up as dolls. I guess those who engage in this hobby are somewhere on the continuum between model airplane aficionados and serial killers. Heh.

So they've been making a big deal about Kate and Donnie being practicing Catholics. And now she doesn't want to have kids, or is it just that she doesn't want to live in the 'burbs? When Donnie said they could buy a 3 bedroom place in the city instead, she smiled and snuggled. If it turns out she really doesn't want to have a baby and then gets pregnant...

I don't think I want to watch that drama.

• Love 2

That was a really, really strange episode.

The stolen doll plot was kind of cool.  The amber alert, the chase, and then the doll being unveiled - love that.

I hated the fireman and his wife getting in trouble.  Yes, they did not go through the proper protocols, but if they had gone to their attorney and gotten a legal private adoption for Owen, it would have been fine.  Of course, the real father also needed his son.  Just so darned disappointing that Owen couldn't have both.

The doll maker was really creepy.

Donny and Kate have zero chemistry together.  They have already been married to each other and divorced.  Why is the subject of children just coming up now?  Most people discuss children long before they get engaged -- it's kind of deal breaker if the partners disagree.  OK, it should be a deal-breaker if the partners disagree (except in a handful of special cases, like unforeseen medical problems).  Kate needs to tell him and tell him NOW.  Of course, for drama's sake, it'll be announced on the season's cliffhanger finale or when they get to the church for the wedding.  And then, it'll leave the door open for Kate and Daniel, which sounds like a horrible romance as well.  This show is fun without romance, but if the producers feel they need it, Lewicki is cute.  Revolving girlfriends have to deal with stopping a date to take Daniel to a crime scene might be fun.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'd love to see more of Lewicki.

He's probably my favorite character on the show, and the only episode I can remember that was semi Lewicki-centric was the one with his brother.

Edited by Sile
  • Love 2

I think the show is trying to tell us that while Donny and Kate love each other, they are not compatible.  Fine. Okay.  Let's move on.  And by let's move on I mean let's move on to Lewicki and building some relationships for him.  I don't mind if Daniel and Kate end up together as long as they don't end up as the perfect crime fighting duo.  Daniel would periodically have to experience big problems and have it strain their relationship for me to be supportive.  I also want everyone else on the show, including the suspects of the week, to think their relationship is a bit odd and show it.

That was a really, really strange episode.

Why is the subject of children just coming up now?  Most people discuss children long before they get engaged -- it's kind of deal breaker if the partners disagree.  

Yep, maybe the weirdest ep yet.

I thought the same thing. How can they possibly not have talked about this before when they've already been married once? Or did Kate just recently realize that she doesn't really want kids?

I think Donny is the one who has changed on the child issue. I had the impression that they were married urbanites before, career focused and having children wasn't an issue. Now Donny wants the big wedding, house in the 'burbs and 2.3 kids. Kate seems like she's trying to get on board because she loves him and he seem to want it so badly.  That's probably more thought than the writers of this show put into that relationship.

I thought the whole doll/ kid thing was creepy good stuff.

• Love 1