Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E19: Fight Or Flight

• Start Topic

Here's Brittney's situation as I see it: she's spent her adult life as a Boy Toy for a series of rich old (70s and 80s) men. She's also supplemented her income by doing her sexy pictures and twerking videos. But she's now 26 and getting older every day. The rich old pervs who were interested in young, seemingly innocent 18 and 19-year-old Brittney will have little interest in someone the wrong side of 25, and even her pics and videos will enter MILF territory in a few more years. So she's trying to jump-start a career as a Social Media Influencer by appearing on TLC. However, her behavior has been so narcissistic and her personality so unappealing that it's hard to see any brands wanting to be associated with her, especially if she gets Yazan killed (which remains a distinct possibility). She may be faced with the reality of entering the workforce as 26-year-old with only a High School Diploma (assuming she has one) and no work experience, which means she'll start off cleaning toilets at your local McDonald's and have to work her way up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

Some people think the rules don’t apply to them.  I could totally see Brittany knowing that Jordan is a conservative country, but thinking “yeah, but they haven’t seen mine” and being confident that the people there would be so captivated by her awesome body that they wouldn’t mind her flaunting it.  

Forget about silly little things like thousands of years of culture and beliefs, she owes it to people everywhere to show off her body....

• LOL 3
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, Snarklover said:

I’m sure this was explained at some point, but I missed it. Why can’t Kenny and Armando live in the U.S.? They would have no problem getting married here.  And what about Bini and Ari? Why continue to live in Ethiopia? Can’t he get a visa to move to the U.S.? Her parents seem really nice and would likely help get them on their feet. It would sure beat worrying afar about their safety each and every day.

He said he wanted Hannah to be near family yet they moved hours away.  Can he move to the US?  I dunno, maybe in January that could change.  (Not getting political, just speculating!)

48 minutes ago, lilysmom said:

I'd like to add it seems like she is constantly breastfeeding, and he seems to be crying a lot,  maybe her breast milk doesn't have enough nourishment for the baby.

Spoiler

I have seen pics of him at around 8 months and he is a chunker so he must have gotten more food someplace

Lots of moms have to supplement, there are forces out there that shame some for doing so, however.  Me?  I did both  - my first was 11 pounds and ate all. The. Time.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

I really want to know what the hell Yazan gets out of this back and forth with Brittany?

That's a good question. So far, everything's been negative: he's lost his job, his home, his family (except for his brother), and he may be hooked on amphetamines. The solution is obvious: cut off contact with Brittney and crawl back to his father, blame Brittney for lying to him, beg for his forgiveness and promise to marry a nice Jordanian woman. Baba will probably take him back immediately and may even trust his judgement again someday.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

That's a good question. So far, everything's been negative: he's lost his job, his home, his family (except for his brother), and he may be hooked on amphetamines. The solution is obvious: cut off contact with Brittney and crawl back to his father, blame Brittney for lying to him, beg for his forgiveness and promise to marry a nice Jordanian woman. Baba will probably take him back immediately and may even trust his judgement again someday.

That is a good question!  He must have a deluded dream that it will all come around.  Love goggles, I guess.

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, renatae said:

Her little performance at the shops was cringe inducing. She's such an exhibitionist that she can't stop letting it all hang out even after she was forced to admit Yazan was right about covering up. I kept waiting for someone to come out and start beating her up. I probably would have cheered.

She could have created an international incident when she responded to the man who called her a "sin" 

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, magemaud said:

She could have created an international incident when she responded to the man who called her a "sin" 

If the TLC camera crew wasn't with her, there's a very good chance she would have been hustled off to a side street and brutalized and/or violated, with the Jordanian police probably blaming her afterwards.

• Love 16
12 hours ago, suzywallis said:

I have lost all respect for her.  It's all about her and no one else.  I was so pulling for them and now I think Binyam would be better if her spoiled ass left. 

After the first season I watched of the 90 day shows, I decided I would start each season with no respect for any of them. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

He said he wanted Hannah to be near family yet they moved hours away.  Can he move to the US?  I dunno, maybe in January that could change.  (Not getting political, just speculating!)

They shouldn't have any problem crossing the border and marrying in the US, then heading back to Mexico.  I cannot imagine Armando wanting to move to Florida.  I think he truly wants her to remain connected to his family.  I don't think he would be happy with sending her home for occasional visits.  Kenny would be thrilled for them to move to Florida as he seems less happy as a resident of Mexico than he probably was as a tourist.  I am not quite sure where they are in Mexico, but if they want to live in the US a town close to the border would make sense.  Maybe Coronado?  I actually think they may be closer to his family than the show indicates.  It wouldn't surprise me if they are filming at a different apartment than where they are shown living. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, renatae said:

Her little performance at the shops was cringe inducing. She's such an exhibitionist that she can't stop letting it all hang out even after she was forced to admit Yazan was right about covering up. I kept waiting for someone to come out and start beating her up. I probably would have cheered.

Me, too.  That's what this show has done to me:  cheering for miscarriages and beatings.

4 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Jenny and Sumit - I don't care.  I don't need to see them play wiffleball or whatever it was in their apt.

Cricket!  I wouldn't want a whole season of it, but it's preferable to watching anything Brittany does.  At least the only person J&S were disrespectful to was their landlord. 

Mr. Outlier interrupted the show to tell me something and I paused it right when Sumit said, "I'm diabetic and Jenny is" and I said "old!"  Then I started it back up and Sumit said "old"!  Ha!

And then we see her lying on the linoleum with a bent up leg.  That's entertainment.

3 hours ago, suzeecat said:

I was wondering the same thing.  Can't they get married in the US and go back and live in Mexico if they want?  Except for the Corona-factor, they could have a great wedding celebration in the US.  Perhaps they want to live in Mexico so that Armando's daughter can be near family.

There's nothing preventing them from getting married in Mexico.  They're apparently in one of the jurisdictions that technically prohibits it, but all that means is they have to file an appeal, and the appeal can't be denied.

Sure, it's different from if they weren't a same-sex couple, and I can see that that might bristle, but if the goal is to be married, it's not unachievable.  If the goal is to have something to cry about, on the other hand...

2 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

That's a good question. So far, everything's been negative: he's lost his job, his home, his family (except for his brother), and he may be hooked on amphetamines.

Say what?  Did I miss something?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Say what?  Did I miss something?

Did you see his interview in the taxi? He looked like a guy who took a bunch of uppers and is now coming down off them: heavy-lidded, thousand-yard stare. Then when he was at the airport, he was twitchy, nervous and generally acting like a refugee from the Manson Family. I think he's working multiple jobs to make ends meet and is taking whatever he can to stay awake.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
On 11/7/2020 at 12:27 PM, magemaud said:

Even if she can't be on some types of BC, I can't believe there's NO alternative form of effective BC that Deaven (or Super Sperm Spreader Jihoon) could use. 

Does no one use a diaphragm any more? Sheesh.

15 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Her friend had so much more sense than Brittany.... he had an accident?  Is he okay?   Maybe you should cover up when we go out?
Maybe you shouldn’t get drunk?

she’s lucky she had a camera crew with her, because there were no other women in that restaurant and they were getting serious side eye when Brittgot drunk and loud.  

That they went into what was pretty obviously a local spot, with no other women inside, was really stupid. Why not go to the bar at their hotel if they need to get their drink on? 

14 hours ago, RealReality said:

Kenny cries?  You should have put this under a spoiler alert, because its so shocking!

Wait till you hear about Stephanie's illness! 

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Wait till you hear about Stephanie's illness! 

Wait.....what?  Stephanie had an illness?  And she was super close to her mom?  I had not heard!  I had not heard that Angela wants Skyla's egg.

7 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

My thoughts exactly.

2 hours ago, Twopper said:

After the first season I watched of the 90 day shows, I decided I would start each season with no respect for any of them. 

It is easier this way, no?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

The rich old pervs who were interested in young, seemingly innocent 18 and 19-year-old Brittney will have little interest in someone the wrong side of 25, and even her pics and videos will enter MILF territory in a few more years.

Hey, now! She could go the cam girl route like the LAL crew members-Lacey (age 30) and Heather (age 33). 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Melyza and Fromagestick: Yawn. So she was throwing things inside his mom's home when she was in the US? And someone called the cops? Yeah, I'd be leaving to my parents so my former boyfriend can have his mom and aunt visit. Seriously, the mom and aunt should have their own hotel rooms. The relationship is done-zo unless both want to do a lot of work. I wouldn't be wasting my time unless Cheezie is rich.

Jenny and Sumit: The games old people play. Best line of the night (when facing Covid back in March) - I am diabetic and Jenny is old. Surprised Jenny wasn't on a rescue flight back to the US back then. I know I have a hard time getting up sometimes and I am younger than Jenny. Maybe they need a couple of hockey sticks and a ball and play hockey.

Deaven and Jihoon: It was for the best that there is no baby whether Deaven was actually preggers and had a miscarriage or whatever. The daddy will still be Jihoon, who she has massive contempt for at this time. Mama Jihoon was trying to do the right thing and spend time with her daughter-in-law, but the language barrier is an issue and the translator app doesn't work well with nuance/slang. Deaven really didn't seem to care how Jihoon was feeling about losing the baby. It's his baby too. 

Ariela and Bini: They still don't really know each other. World traveller and adventurer Ari is experiencing being a new mom in a foreign country where she has almost no creature comforts. She is not independent and seems to be a current pit of need. Plus she needs control. Bini is not rich, he can barely support himself, much less two others. He has to work several jobs to get any kind of money. Ari didn't apparently bring any money with her to help out with expenses. Did she not work at all? She could have worked until she left for Ethiopia, along with having a few thousand dollars in tow to start a new life. I can understand the isolation - she is in a strange place, she has no friends, no contacts except for Bini's family and maybe one or two of his friends. Sort of like she kinda wants a nanny but doesn't have the money to afford one. To give her a break from being a mom. No, it's not great to be stuck at home with a newborn. She probably misses her coffees and yoga classes - hey is there mama/baby yoga in Ethiopia? Bini works late. Working at a club means he will have to speak to people and that includes women. Taking his phone was rude. Don't know if she wants attention from her daddy. She is back to staying at the hotel again, with her parents next door. No, Ari, your mom doesn't want to be a mom to your kid. A doting grandma, sure. How much did it cost to bring all that stuff with them? Maybe Bini can spend the next day with the family, although I doubt he would want any sort of interrogation. He has that 24 hours a day with Ari. Wonder if she will say that her parents think she should go back home.

Brittany and Yazan: Yazan, you were texting or something and the accident was due to distracted driving and maybe you being exhausted from working 20 hour days. Brittany had no business going off as some selfish, entitled twat. No idea why you two love each other. Both of you don't seem to have much in common, have very different life values, and seem to be in different romance novel books. I can't imagine Jordan being a girls' trip destination. Brittany was going back all right, to get her digs in to Yazan and show him up a bit to make her point. She should realize that Jordan is not exactly the place to play games with men. The tequila t-shirt, the huge pink champagne bottle to celebrate with her friend. Dressing inappropriately at some Jordan markets. Yeah, you were semi-covered up but you should have kept your coat closed. The stares and comments at the market would make anyone uncomfortable. And now at the bar that just only seems to have two other men drinking. Plus Yazan picking you up. Yikes.

• Love 8
(edited)

Why is Ari so upset that Bini has to work?  Didn't Ari's mom say that the dad works all the time?  It probably didn't bother Dr. Weinberg at all, he probably thinks it's great that Ari works all the time, you dumb bunny.  The man has to work, silly?  Does she believe that money grows on trees?

Dr. Weinberg, really Ari?  I knew he wouldn't be down with being called that, someone said that her father was from Brooklyn.  

In the market, Brittany's friend Angela was covered, Brittany wasn't, still those men were pigs for acting like that, culture or not, no need to be an asshole.  They might have been looking at Brittany because they were wondering why a camera crew was following her.  

Forget about silly little things like thousands of years of culture and beliefs, she owes it to people everywhere to show off her body....

That is a very interesting point, for the Americans: Jenny, Deavan, Kenny, Brittany, Ari.  They need to understand that the US is a very young country compared to many other countries.  I'm not saying that these cultural norms are right or just, but these countries have them and if you choose to live in one of these places, you have to respect whatever the cultural mores are.  

• Brittany needs to understand that as a woman in Jordan you have to be covered.
  • Jenny needs to understand how VERY important having a family, (children) is to Sumit's parents.
  • Ari needs to understand that she's in Ethiopia, not New Jersey.
  • Deavan and Kenny need to understand that you need to learn at least some of the language before you decide to move to a new country.
Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

Why is Ari so upset that Bini has to work?  Didn't Ari's mom say that the dad works all the time?  It probably didn't bother Dr. Weinberg at all, he probably thinks it's great that Ari works all the time, you dumb bunny.  The man has to work, silly?  Does she believe that money grows on trees?

Dr. Weinberg, really Ari?  I knew he wouldn't be down with being called that, someone said that her father was from Brooklyn.  

In the market, Brittany's friend Angela was covered, Brittany wasn't, still those men were pigs for acting like that, culture or not, no need to be an asshole.  They might have been looking at Brittany because they were wondering why a camera crew was following her.  

I understood the one-time use of addressing Ari's dad as Dr. Weinberg. That is formal and polite. Ari's dad would then tell Bini to call him 'dad' or Fred or whatever.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I understood the one-time use of addressing Ari's dad as Dr. Weinberg. That is formal and polite. Ari's dad would then tell Bini to call him 'dad' or Fred or whatever.

I got the impression Ari wanted Bini to call him that ALL the time.  

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I got the impression Ari wanted Bini to call him that ALL the time.  

Maybe she does. Who knows? Bini is not some second-class citizen. The initial use of 'dad' would be a bit presumptuous. That comes after they get to know each other. The one time use is respectful. Ari's father is responsible for how he wishes people to call him.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Frozendiva said:

Maybe she does. Who knows? Bini is not some second-class citizen. The initial use of 'dad' would be a bit presumptuous. That comes after they get to know each other. The one time use is respectful. Ari's father is responsible for how he wishes people to call him.

I don't know, it just seemed disrespectful for Ari to say that to Bini, as if Bini wouldn't know that when you meet someone of an older generation you probably wouldn't call them by their first name.  

I think Ari saw herself as some sort of Disney princess having an adventure.  I can see her going back to the US, unloading the baby with her parents and then going off on her next adventure, to climb Everest.  She'd probably end up pregnant by a Sherpa.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I don't know, it just seemed disrespectful for Ari to say that to Bini, as if Bini wouldn't know that when you meet someone of an older generation you probably wouldn't call them by their first name.  

I think Ari saw herself as some sort of Disney princess having an adventure.  I can see her going back to the US, unloading the baby with her parents and then going off on her next adventure, to climb Everest.  She'd probably end up pregnant by a Sherpa.

He would have some idea to approach him, shake his hand and say something like pleased to meet you sir. And then look for some cue on how he would like to be addressed. But then again I am middle aged and grew up like that. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, lilysmom said:

I agree with you. I'd like to add it seems like she is constantly breastfeeding, and he seems to be crying a lot,  maybe her breast milk doesn't have enough nourishment for the baby. (I never breastfed my children so I am not an expert, and editing must be considered, but it seems to me she is feeding him a lot for as thin as he is.)

I also find it odd that when someone is holding the baby, it is usually not Ari, unless she is breastfeeding. Just seems like not much of a connection between Ari and the baby. Doesn't seem like she is cuddling, just holding. There is a difference.

I thought the same thing.  He seems to nurture the baby and she seems irritated with him.  I have done a 180 on my feelings about her.  She pisses me off now.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, suzywallis said:

I thought the same thing.  He seems to nurture the baby and she seems irritated with him.  I have done a 180 on my feelings about her.  She pisses me off now.

Maybe postpartum?  

Or maybe it got real for her; it just hit her that she had a baby with a man she barely knows and she's in a country where she can't speak the language.

Is it a thing now when people go through each other's phones?  I'm middle aged so I'm asking.  

• Love 9
Just now, steff13 said:

I hadn't looked at it that way.  Why, the Lifetime Original Movie practically writes itself... 

Certainly not on the scale of Lawrence of Arabia, The African Queen, Casablanca, or Out of Africa.

I can see it now Bini Butt Bongo.

• LOL 16
  • Love 1

There’s rich history going back thousands of years and surely lots of sites to see (ancient city of Petra for one), but girls just wanna have  fun and that’s all TLC wants them to do, because that’s what today’s viewers expect. We must have drama for ratings.  So we see Brittany drunk in a backstreet bar, boobs hanging out and a crazed Yazan on the way.  

I can’t believe I watch this drivel🤪

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Hey, now! She could go the cam girl route like the LAL crew members-Lacey (age 30) and Heather (age 33). 

Okay pls tell me I'm not the only one here (or, maybe tell me I am, I'm not sure which I prefer lol) that saw "cam girl" and "Lacey and Heather" and immediately assumed two "contestants" from Rock of Love. 

Yes my love of trash television goes far, far back.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Okay pls tell me I'm not the only one here (or, maybe tell me I am, I'm not sure which I prefer lol) that saw "cam girl" and "Lacey and Heather" and immediately assumed two "contestants" from Rock of Love. 

Yes my love of trash television goes far, far back.

We need a Pumkin.

• LOL 4

I didn't have the strength to watch this live. So much FFing this episode, but here's my take:

Whoever said Jenny looks like Jeffrey Tambor (in drag) is spot on! The last scene of her catterwauling and Sumit's brother and sister's expressions was priceless. 

This skanky, entitled beotch prancing around Jordan with her jugs out, throwing shade back to the bystander, getting pissed drunk (not "tipsy") while wearing enough concealer around her eyes to resemble Trump's tan lines, deserves everything the production crew was protecting her from. Brittany is the epitome of the ugly American abroad and embarrassing to every one of us who travels overseas. What previous sugar Daddy is funding all of these flights, hotels, and bar tabs??

Someone please sterilize Deavan. She doesn't have enough sense to use birth control or keep her legs closed for five minutes. Think about her age, she's only 23, and almost had her 3rd child in less than what, 5 years? I feel very badly for those watching this show who have dealt with infertility.

I agree with PP's who said Avi looked malnourished. Even Mr. Snarkish looked over his readers and said, "That is not a cute or healthy looking baby." And yes, Ari-Dear, a big part of breastfeeding a newborn is having them attached to your chest 24-7 unless you pump. Then you have a pump OR a baby attached to  you at all times (at least in my experience). I don't think having a child was ever on her radar before this oopsy pregnancy.

Tim's lips mesmerize me when he speaks. They are blood red and all over the place when he talks, like rubber bands. And someone please get some Scotch tape to hold Melyza's eyelids open. Even her scenes bore her. 

Ahh, a scene of Kenny in his Grandpa glasses looking peeved yet again. To think these two started out as my favorite couple. Well, I do still like Armando, but Kenny is only likeable for Truffles at this point. 

Edited by snarkish
typo
  • Love 13

This ^^

Britney was disturbing this week. I think she is a drunk and fetishes being a Kardashian in her own reality show. The game she played all the way from WEST Palm Beach ( not Palm Beach bitch) to Jordan was loose and dangerous. Immature. 

Ari has a dad issues and a terrible anxiety problem. 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

There's nothing preventing them from getting married in Mexico.  They're apparently in one of the jurisdictions that technically prohibits it, but all that means is they have to file an appeal, and the appeal can't be denied.

I still can't figure out why it seems to be absolutely necessary for them to be married. Isn't it basically symbolic in their case? I don't know how these things work, but can't Kenny just immigrate to Mexico and live with Armando and Hannah (even if he occasionally has to return to Florida?) 

I was just reading an article about Americans moving to Mexico and one of the tips for success is learning at least a little Spanish BEFORE you move. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:
On 11/7/2020 at 12:27 PM, magemaud said:

Even if she can't be on some types of BC, I can't believe there's NO alternative form of effective BC that Deaven (or Super Sperm Spreader Jihoon) could use. 

There's even a male pill now, but Jihoon might be too flaky to take it on schedule

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Brittany & Her Melons Tour the Open-Air Market: So, I do not speak Arabic and therefore am not sure if she conjugated this correctly, but she told someone yelling "haram!!!" ("sin!") at her tits "YOU'RE haram!" ("YOU'RE a sin!"). I'm wondering if she knows more Arabic than she's divulging, or just that she's been in more "YOU'RE an asshole!" fights with Yazan that she picked up how to throw shit back at people. Also, cleavage in Jordan is a HUGE no-no, so she's super lucky she had that crew out with her filming.

Cheesedick & Our Lady of the Perpetual Guilt Trip: Colombian food isn't curing him of whatever is making him look ill as fuck, so my thinking is now that it's probably not advanced heart disease or weird food allergies and he's just a goddamn drunk. BRB hitting up WebMD to see if severe alcoholism makes you look like shit and wear jeans 2 sizes too small. Also, how many times per episode are we going to have to hear that Cheesedick cheated? Fuck off already with this shit. And for someone who's uncomfortable enough to not sleep in the same apartment as Cheesedick's mother, she nearly knocked that woman's ass over hugging her in the airport.

Ari-Baby-Avi: I love Ari's dad and I want to adopt him to be my grandbaby's grampa. CLEARLY he's fucked up enough as a father because he's produced Ari, but I think he'll do great as a grampa if he can stop working long enough to see Baby Avi.

Jooney and His Looney: Jihoon's mom squatting and feigning a tough poop in the museum and THEN jumping on what was clearly a kid's version of the Human Centipede was all I needed out of their segments. Bonus: two full hours with NO Dracula!!

Jenny and Sumbitch: Jenny's all excited about her ring ceremony where she gets "to dress up!" and eat a lot and PARRRTAYYYYY! On whose dime? Obviously not Sumbitch's parents'. I can't wait to retire and live on Social Security like Jenny because it seems like a damn windfall. 🙄

Edited by lightninggirl
  • LOL 17
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, snarkish said:

This skanky, entitled beotch prancing around Jordan with her jugs out, throwing shade back to the bystander, getting pissed drunk (not "tipsy") while wearing enough concealer around her eyes to resemble Trump's tan lines, deserves everything the production crew was protecting her from. Brittany is the epitome of the ugly American abroad and embarrassing to every one of us who travels overseas. What previous sugar Daddy is funding all of these flights, hotels, and bar tabs??

People always ask, "who's paying for......"

TLC, that's who.  

TLC is paying for most of everything, the same way Bravo pays for the trips on the Real Housewives shows.   No trips no drama, no drama no ratings. no ratings no money, no money no show.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Britney was disturbing this week. I think she is a drunk and fetishes being a Kardashian in her own reality show. The game she played all the way from WEST Palm Beach ( not Palm Beach bitch) to Jordan was loose and dangerous. Immature. 

I did love that production threw in a sign of West Palm.  Brittany, you spelled "Deerfield" wrong.

I want to like Yazan, but his temper makes it hard.  Brittany's friend dressed in a turtleneck shows everyone that she did more research about visiting Jordan, even if it was for a "girls trip" (girl, stop), than Brittany would ever do in her life.  Friend wasn't trying to look cute, she wasn't trying to get male attention, she knew that wasn't the time nor place to do those things.  How many trips does Brittany have to take before she realizes that same thing?  Rhetorical question, of course.  

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

People always ask, "who's paying for......"

TLC, that's who.  

I would not use my own money to pay for a girl's trip to Jordan.  Yeah.....no.  You wanna light it up in a conservative country, listen to your BFF fight and watch her get drunk?  Pass.

• Love 10
On 11/7/2020 at 6:42 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Yazan looked super high when he was talking about the accident, just totally wasted.  

He may be using something but when I was in high school, my sister, who is five years older, broke up with her boyfriend and for weeks he looked like Yazan. He was just so devastated. Destroyed beyond belief. I thought of him when I saw Yazan and wondered if it's just the weight of everything he is dealing with combined with no sleep. But, it certainly could be drugs.

I feel terrible for Yazan but his situation is self-inflicted. If he's allowing lust to rule his world at the expense of losing his family to the degree that his father would kill him, well, that's kind of on him. If he has no awareness that Brittany is not going to change at all once she moves there, then he is just braindead.  

On 11/8/2020 at 9:51 PM, RealReality said:

After being told, on multiple occasions, that the culture is conservative, Brittney can't wait to show off her tits in a low cut top.  I feel so sorry for her friend, but thankfully they have a camera crew there.  

Thankfully is right. There are areas in which women are beaten or pelted with rocks for dressing in such a way. She really has no idea that there is serious danger in doing what she's doing. 

On 11/9/2020 at 12:25 AM, magemaud said:

I thought it would have been funny when Ari insisted that she’d read Bini’s texts to him and snatched his phone out of his hand that the message would have been in Amharic. 

I am guessing that none of the texts that he has with locals/friends/colleagues would be in English so Ari has no idea what they say. It's actually a perfect cover for him if he wants to flirt because unless she extracts a few sentences and throws them into a translator, she has no clue what is going on there. 

Ari is with a guy whose culture dictates that children are women's work. That sentiment is not held by most American women and so she goes on about Bini needing to help with the baby and be home more. I don't know that he subscribes to that notion. He believes that working to support his family, even if that means having 3 jobs, is his responsibility. If his wife was an Ethiopian woman, she would not whine about that. Bini probably thought he was doing a good thing by asking his sister and her friend to stop by and keep Ari company but the sister was a bit of a bitch to try to mess with her. The complaining Ari did about not wanting company and then whining that she would be alone when they left sums her up perfectly. The way she was describing her father made it sound like Bini would be meeting Don Corleone.

Like others have mentioned, she does not seem to have much warmth for Avi. I don't have kids so I don't speak from experience, but any siblings or friends that I have that have kids, you can see it in their eyes at all times. Ari kind of looks like she's taking care of someone else's baby or something. There's no gushy cooing there. She does not seem to be melting over the baby. Maybe it's all things combined with post partum. 

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

There are areas in which women are beaten or pelted with rocks for dressing in such a way. She really has no idea that there is serious danger in doing what she's doing. 

I will respectfully offer that she does know and does not care - rules don't apply to her.  

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I will respectfully offer that she does know and does not care - rules don't apply to her.  

Yes, Brittney reminds me of the unstable person who marches into a polar bear exhibit wanting to pet the animals.  For a moment, the bears are in in disbelief....what is this?  A human with a stupid grin on their face, approaching a hungry thousand pound carnivore.  WTH? But, soon the bear says, the hey with it and proceeds to do what wild animals do.  

To me, it seems that Brittney and Ari derive a sense of pleasure from verbally insulting their boyfriends...probably other people too.  When people enjoy inflicting pain on others........they aren't likely to change.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I would not use my own money to pay for a girl's trip to Jordan.  Yeah.....no.  You wanna light it up in a conservative country, listen to your BFF fight and watch her get drunk?  Pass.

Given those parameters, I wouldn't use my own money to call for an Uber to go anywhere with Brittney.

4 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yes, Brittney reminds me of the unstable person who marches into a polar bear exhibit wanting to pet the animals.  For a moment, the bears are in in disbelief....what is this?  A human with a stupid grin on their face, approaching a hungry thousand pound carnivore.  WTH? But, soon the bear says, the hey with it and proceeds to do what wild animals do.  

There are so many stupid people who - like Brittney - don't think rules apply to them.  There's even a youtube page devoted to "Stupid people in Yellowstone National Park."  It makes as much sense to try to reason with a wild bison or moose as it does to try to reason with years of culture in a foreign country.  And the outcome is often the same.

• Love 7

I suspect that something in Brittney, perhaps ignorance and arrogance, makes her feel that her daring behavior is somehow commendable. Not sure what it would take to wipe that silly grin off her face, but, it's likely to happen if she continues with her frivolity in dangerous situations.  

• Love 15