Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E08: Finals 2

• Start Topic

The competition intensifies as the remaining ninjas take their shot at the finals course, and the elite few who move on to the top eight compete in a playoff bracket where they race head-to-head on the Power Tower to determine the winner of $100,00.

Airdate: Nov 6, 2020 (Revised due to election coverage, which, God willing, by Friday we won't need so much of.)

Edited by Quilt Fairy
  • Love 1

When I turned the TV on, it was showing election coverage instead, so I checked Twitter.  Two hours ago they posted that the second final will be shown on Friday 11/6 at 8/7c instead. 

• Useful 6
4 minutes ago, Hellga said:

When I turned the TV on, it was showing election coverage instead, so I checked Twitter.  Two hours ago they posted that the second final will be shown on Friday 11/6 at 8/7c instead. 

Thank you! I saw the election coverage as well and came here hoping someone had posted an update. 

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to miss Jeopardy but I might be home in time for this...

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Hellga said:

Two hours ago they posted that the second final will be shown on Friday 11/6 at 8/7c instead. 

That Friday time slot has been for the rerun episode during this season, which I counted on if I missed the actual real episode. As far as I can see though, this final finale is not being repeated so if you snooze, you looze. Next Friday when this finale would have been rerun, Blacklist premieres.

1 hour ago, Conotocarious said:

Its out already on Amazon as well. I watched it and was so happy to be able to skip commercials and the constant stories. SO much filler, my god.

The finale is out on Amazon?! Crazy. Seems like a bad way to protect viewers from spoilers, LOL.

I'm watching it on Amazon myself! Mods please delete this if it's not allowed, but I figured since it's available I'd post the top 8 in no particular order (not the winner or anything) for those who are dying of curiosity: 

Spoiler

Najee Richardson

Jake Murray

Amir Malik

Austin Gray

Lucas Reale

Adam Rayl

Daniel Gil

Jesse LaBreck

• Love 2
(edited)
On 11/4/2020 at 6:48 PM, Quilt Fairy said:

Airdate: Nov 6, 2020 (Revised due to election coverage, which, God willing, by Friday we won't need so much of.)

I'm beginning to have doubts of a Friday showing as well.  I'm going to try to find it on Amazon.

ETA: Amazon apparently has Ep8 but is charging $2.99 to watch the episode.  The NBC app and NBC.com both have last week's show as the most current episode.

Edited by Quilt Fairy
8 hours ago, Conotocarious said:

Yeah, I paid the 2.99. I figured I could spare the three bucks for some mindless entertainment. Lord knows I’m not spending that in restaurants or on trips these days.

For the price of a cup of coffee, we got 82 minutes of election distraction!

Another EXTREMELY mild spoiler re: the power tower setup: (no names)

Spoiler

They add a Cliffhanger section to the Power Tower for the top 4 competitors. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Conotocarious said:

I thought it had some very exciting moments. It’s not the same as a regular season of course but I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the power tower playoffs.

Is it similar to the final run-off in American Gladiators? For some reason, I keep comparing this season to that show.

12 minutes ago, eel21788 said:

Is it similar to the final run-off in American Gladiators? For some reason, I keep comparing this season to that show.

It's a seeded bracket system for the top 8. #1 seed vs #8 seed, #2 vs #7, etc. Single elimination!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Just how did I know that they will turn it into "and he knocks X out, but he may get knocked out himself".  I wonder if everyone who is still to run will either complete or fail pretty late, unless they saved a true shocker like a top ninja falling on second-third obstacle for this night too...

It’s airing. I would’ve lost money betting against that happening,

Okay, the “we’re gonna make baby ninjas” talk from Daniel Gil was cringe . . . but I don’t think he’s a creep. Believe me, the bar for that has been dramatically raised.

Bigfoot sighting! Oops, that’s Jon Alexis Jr. Did we see him run at any time this season?

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 2

And I think they jinxed RJ Roman's run by saying 'this is the smoothest we have seen' right as he ran!  Even though I think they do the voiceover long after the season is over and they know the results exactly.  Still, I am sure their actual commentary during his run was no different...

• Love 1

Daniel Gil was shot out of a gun after that Dragon dismount, I swear.

The whole "we need to fill this house with BABBIES [sic]" thing is always annoying to me. It just comes off as so naive for people who have zero kids to confidently say "we're gonna have six kids!" Oh, you sweet summer children. My younger bro originally wanted 5 kids. They stopped after 2 because they weren't nuts. Also I'm wary of people who are absolutely sure they won't have infertility issues. Never say you plan to get pregnant unless you are cool with everyone asking you about it for all time.

• Love 8

Wow, Jesse Graf is out early too!  So I guess the only woman with a shot at the power tower is Jesse LaBreck...

6 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

My younger bro originally wanted 5 kids. They stopped after 2 because they weren't nuts.

I have a colleague who has four kids, his wife and he joke that if their last child was their first, they would have stopped right then and there.  The older kids were super easy, calm and quiet, but the youngest girl is a handful.  

• Love 2

Jake Murray has the fastest time, rookie Amir Malik is last guy on the bubble. It is tidy that if Joe Moravsky finishes and advances, all of the top eight will have finished the course. It would’ve been stunk if someone finished the course but wound up in ninth place and out.

• Love 1

If you don’t like Joe, just remember that his gender reveal thing didn’t injure or kill anyone. #LowBar 

ETA: WEATHERMAN DOWN! WEATHERMAN DOWN!!! Damn, that’s an upset.

Edited by Lantern7
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Joe fell on Slam Dunk.  I hoped it would be even 8 finishers/8 Power Tower finalists, but it turned out to be Amir Malik's lucky day.  It would be super funny if Amir Malik won it all.

• Love 1

Yay, Austin Gray beat out Najee Richardson.  I used to like Najee but the last couple seasons he has become a bit annoying. 

Well, power over speed on the Power Tower.  Good job, Adam Rayl and his awesome biceps. 

And Amir Malik beat Jake Murray.  This kid will go far!  And he bakes!  

No surprise that Daniel Gil beat Flex.  She is good but she is not fast.  

Cliffhanger will be cruel for those who haven't been to Stage 3 in Vegas before...

• Love 2

Wow, that was photofinish.  What was the difference, hundredth of a second?  They were dead even all the way, but Gil had a better posture on dismount, leaning forward, and edged out Adam Rayl.  

I am rooting for Daniel Gil since last year... but I won't be sad if Austin Gray wins either...

11 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

You think “Share Your Spare” could apply to Daniel’s hair? He’s got more than enough.

Or lips. He’s got a lot of lips.

Congrats to Daniel. This season is an anomaly, but the outcome was good. Now I gotta wait and see if Daniel will royally screw it up. My guess: getting drunk and sucker-punching the Pope.

Edited by Lantern7
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

And Daniel Gil is this year's winner.  Well-deserved.  Though I wouldn't have been unhappy with any of the final four...  

Hope they renew the show for next year, and that next season will be more of a normal season!

• Love 3

I missed the beginning (went out for dinner) but got home in time to see the second half. Will have to watch on demand tomorrow.

I was rooting for Austin in the end. Oh, well.

Good for Flex making it to the Power Tower. 

Nooooooooo, Adam (my Ninja boyfriend) was soooooo close. Noooooooo. 😩😩😩

Gil isn’t my favorite, I was rooting hardcore for Austin at the end but no dice. Oh well.

The finals were more exciting than I anticipated. I’m thankful we got what we got but I sure hope things can go back to normal next year. 

• Love 3

I'm glad Austin made it to the final. He's a beast. He did a competition at my local ninja gym and he was the only ninja there to clear every single obstacle, and they were HARD. Like stage 3 hard. Daniel Gil is a juggernaut, though.

• Love 1

Daniel Gil has been my favorite Ninja for years so I'm thrilled that he won especially after coming so close last year.  However, Adam Rayl and Joe Moravsky are right up there so I hated to see them lose at the same time.  I like Jessie and Flex too but I didn't think either had the strength and speed to beat the top men.  The new kid, Amir, was impressive.  I hope they stop talking about cake now.  So silly.

Overall, good season despite the difficulties.  

• Love 2

Gil flying up the Spider Climb like a ... well, spider on fire, made me shout out at my tv.

I love R.J. Roman's grandmother.

I bothers me that all the Zoom families have a dog with them. A dog that is freaking out by all the shouting and yelling and cheering. Have a heart, people, put the dog in another room. Freak-out dog is not a good look.

I'm a big fan of Dougie Fresh and his pants.

Again, that lone guy in the bottom right corner of Jessie Graf's Zoom screen. I was really wishing for a Jessie or Flex win this year.

Joe falling made me shout out an obscenity. It surprised me as much as Joe falling surprised me. But what a good sport he is to congratulate Malik.

Gil vs. Flex was a bummer. I wanted them both to win, not for one to knock the other out of competition.

I was sorry to see Jake lose, but he was such a good sport congratulating Amir. However, I was glad Austin beat Amir so I guess I'm not as nice as Jake.

Gil and his wife needed to be wearing masks during that house showing with a realtor ... who was wearing a mask. Way to not be a role model, Gil.

I was glad Gil won though, since I was rooting for him last year when THAT bet him. I was on the Dislike Train about that guy before we knew he was a lying cheating perv. So congrats Mr. Gil.

• Love 2

I think Flex needs more confidence on power-tower like obstacles. I noticed when she landed on the floating steps, she did a crouch to regain/keep her balance. Most of the ninjas will just drop onto the steps and start sprinting, letting their instincts take over. 

She wasn't that far behind in the end (about 3 falling ledges I think); had she just started running instead of the crouch, she would probably have been just behind Gil. 

I'm sure Sasukepedia will sniff out where HWSNBN'ed placed ultimately. The Power Tower finish seemed pretty straight forward, but there could have been shenanigans. 

• Love 1

Meh.  I am grateful that we had a season this year, but I really didn't like the head-to-head finals at all..  Pretty much all of my favorites went out early, and I had a really hard time caring.  I mean, both finalists seem like great guys and have great causes and all of that, but how many times do we need to hear about Daniel's house? 

Flex was closer than I thought she'd be, honestly.  What an amazing athlete she is.  

Amir Malik is really impressive.  I was sorry to see Najee go out early.  I was rooting for him this year, along with RJ Roman.  I agree with you, @saber5055, his grandmother was awesome.  

Overall, a good season with some unusual surprises.  I hope they're able to go back to the more usual format next year.  I really like it better when all finishers go on to the finals (like Nick Hanson!) and they don't race against each other until the very last obstacle.  

I haven't commented on the Disgraced Ninja.  It's interesting, because I really disliked him for a long time, but then he gave up his spot in one of the rounds USA vs. the World to Jessie Graf, and she hit a buzzer - I think it was in Stage 2?  Then I started liking him, especially since he seemed so supportive.  How disappointing, not to mention gross.  I feel badly for his girlfriend.   

• Love 4