Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E15: Portu-Girl-Bye

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Neurochick said:

But that only explains the initial fight.  It doesn't explain why Monique ran down the stairs, outside to try to attack Candiace AFTER the fight was over.  I'm sorry but that's fucking hood rat behavior, like attacking someone from behind behavior.  If Monique thinks it's okay to attack someone after the fight is over, I wouldn't want to be around her and if I had children the same age as Monique's kids I wouldn't want them hanging around her kids. 

No, I think it explains all of it.  Monique wanted to beat Candiace's ass.  That's it.  She's been itching to beat her ass since season 4. Monique didn't black out but the pent up rage she felt at Candiace boiled over and she wanted some more after being pulled off Candiace.   She is not sorry.  She will not change.  And she will keep coming for Candiace until Candiace is fired or leaves the show (unless she is fired first).  That's how it works.  Once Candiace is gone, an emboldened Monique will go after someone else.  She won't beat anybody else up, but she will get the online smear campaign machine going after another cast mate who crosses her.  Most people won't want that smoke, so they aren't going to cross her.  That's how it all works.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 5
On 11/11/2020 at 2:33 PM, drivethroo said:

No, I think it explains all of it.  Monique wanted to beat Candiace's ass.  That's it.  She's been itching to beat her ass since season 4. Monique didn't black out but the pent up rage she felt at Candiace boiled over and she wanted some more after being pulled off Candiace.   She is not sorry.  She will not change.  And she will keep coming for Candiace until Candiace is fired or leaves the show (unless she is fired first).  That's how it works.  Once Candiace is gone, an emboldened Monique will go after someone else.  She won't beat anybody else up, but she will get the online smear campaign machine going after another cast mate who crosses her.  Most people won't want that smoke, so they aren't going to cross her.  That's how it all works.

If Monique stays, I doubt I'd watch the show.  

I don't like to see violent bullies rewarded.  I KNOW its why I stopped watched BBW.  I was just tired of Shauni being able to say and do whatever and no one else was allowed to say shit to her.  I think I stopped watched RHOA when Porsha was added back as a full time cast member.  

You're right about the Monique social media machine.  You remember how she went after Robyn and then demurred and lied about it?  Its the same thing and it will continue to be. 

To me, this show is absolutely ruined when everyone else has to walk on eggshells around one castmember out of fear of reprisal and retribution, physical or otherwise.  ALL of these women should be equal and should be able to shit talk, annoy, cause drama and argue with each other.  Not a single one of them should be immune from that, and they certainly shouldn't get that immunity because everyone is afraid of getting beaten up.  

So, I'm crossing my fingers that Monique isn't cast for next season.  I know the rumor is that Candace is the one who gets the ax, but I really hope thats just empty talk and rumors.  The reasoning behind firing Candace instead of Monique doesn't make any kind of sense.  And frankly, if Candace is going to start attending Howard for her MBA, I think that'll be such a fun storyline.  I don't watch all the RH, but have we followed a castmember to college before?  It beats the hell out of watching Monique's failing podcast and cadre of ridiculous business ideas. 

• Love 6

I finally caught up.

Ashley what are you doing? Why did you get pregnant again? That looks like such a miserable marriage. Also I thought Michael sounded drunk on the phone and that might have been what set Ashley off. I thought there was the possibility he was talking to her from a bar or something. Also, we’re all of the opinion that Monique  has shit on Ashley, right? Like active shit she is actively threatening to use if Ashley doesn’t back her up?

Other than just a tit for tat, I fail to see what Monique is doing with the counter suite. It wouldn’t have anything to do with the charges filed against her. I kind of doubt she’d be allowed to bring up an incident from a year ago in which Candace didn’t actually hurt someone who wasn’t even Monique. Of course I never understood why Monique was mad at Candace in the first place so...

And unpopular opinion, I just kind of like Candace. I always have. She’s a bit too loud but I think she’s ok underneath all the histrionics. Maybe I just feel for her because her relationship with her mom reminds me of a close friend and her mom. I’ve seen how that type of codependency can stunt someone’s emotional growth. But I still don’t think she’s a terrible person, just sort of immature and young (in general) for her age. 

Did Robyn admit that Juan cheated on her after they had their oldest boy? Robyn, Robyn, Robyn. Why do you want this man so bad?

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 10

Karen is giving me life this season....from cashing her Karma check to Gizzard to her understandable dismissal of Wendy.

Speaking of which....

I am glad Wendy's daddy wasn't eating at Sonic, McDonald's or Fatburger, maybe she'd been given a different name. 

I also find it interesting that she is so thirsty regarding her degrees where Karen is concerned when she started the shade first by talking about Karen and Ray's sex life and Karen being 'old'.  Karen called her on it, accepted her apology then let it go....Wendy needs to do the same now.  

Candiace, I'ma need for you to stop with the Being Mary Jane post-its....stop letting the beatdown you got define you.

Calling it now....once Ashley has baby #2, she and Michael will break up.  Having children has changed her, she isn't the free sensuous woman she used to be and that's killing Michael.

Finally, Gizzard....Karen and your puppet Robyn are right, if you insist in being in everyone else's business then don't be surprised when you're asked about your 'relationship' with Rev. Jamal Leon Lonnie Love!  This man wants you like Juan wants Robyn....if there were no Bravo checks forthcoming you and Robyn would both remain green eyed harpies!

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Finally, Gizzard....Karen and your puppet Robyn are right, if you insist in being in everyone else's business then don't be surprised when you're asked about your 'relationship' with Rev. Jamal Leon Lonnie Love!  This man wants you like Juan wants Robyn....if there were no Bravo checks forthcoming you and Robyn would both remain green eyed harpies!

And Ray would probably dump Mole...I mean Karen. 😁

• LOL 2
4 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

Also, we’re all of the opinion that Monique  has shit on Ashley, right? Like active shit she is actively threatening to use if Ashley doesn’t back her up?

Monique claims she has no video footage of the area Michael allegedly assaulted the BRAVO cameraman at.  Most people find that hard to believe because Monique has every other place in the house under surveillance. Monique has the tapes and called her chips in with Ashley to get her to write the statement.

Trust & believe when Monique and Ashley fall out, some YouTube or IG blogger will mysteriously have the tapes of Michael assaulting the cameraman.

Of course I never understood why Monique was mad at Candace in the first place so...

Probably the Amistad/Katie remarks that Candiace remixed and took out of context, then the incident at Candiace's house towards Ashley triggered Monique into wanting to beat Candiace's ass.  IMO everything keeps going back to the butter knife incident (which was towards Ashley, not Monique).

And unpopular opinion, I just kind of like Candace. I always have. She’s a bit too loud but I think she’s ok underneath all the histrionics.

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.  More often than not, Candiace tells the truth about others but because she keeps harping on it and she's so vile about it, people don't want to hear it from her or hear from her.

Did Robyn admit that Juan cheated on her after they had their oldest boy? Robyn, Robyn, Robyn. Why do you want this man so bad?

Yes, when the boys were very young Juan left Robyn, went overseas and took up with some woman named Cris who was allegedly "the love of his life."  I guess she didn't feel the same way because when he lost all his money, Cris dipped out too and back to Robyn he went.

2 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

I also find it interesting that she is so thirsty regarding her degrees where Karen is concerned when she started the shade first by talking about Karen and Ray's sex life and Karen being 'old'. 

Wendy felt Karen started the shade first because they serve on the same board and Karen pretended like she didn't know who Wendy was.

Calling it now....once Ashley has baby #2, she and Michael will break up.  Having children has changed her, she isn't the free sensuous woman she used to be and that's killing Michael.

I wonder if Ashley was ever that free or sensuous or was she doing what she had to do to survive and not end up like her momma scratching and surviving in a tent?  And Ashley probably would've calmed down as she got older anyway.  Michael groomed her from the time she was in her early 20s.  They got married when she was 26 but had dated long before that.

Candiace, I'ma need for you to stop with the Being Mary Jane post-its....stop letting the beatdown you got define you.

I think it's the aftermath and not necessarily the fight itself that had Candiace shook.  Monique didn't just beat her up, Monique got a social media network of bloggers, vloggers and IG influencers to run a smear & harassment campaign on Candiace. Allegedly they harassed Candiace out of jobs & appearances.  I think the reason the cast is mainly on Candiace's side is because of the aftermath as well.

As I've said before, Monique will NEVER stop coming for Candiace until Candiace is fired from RHOP or leaves the show on her own.  Candiace will be fine if that happens, she's back in school for her MBA and she's acting in a Christmas movie to be shown on BET next month. She'll be fine with or without the show.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

And unpopular opinion, I just kind of like Candace. I always have. She’s a bit too loud but I think she’s ok underneath all the histrionics. Maybe I just feel for her because her relationship with her mom reminds me of a close friend and her mom. I’ve seen how that type of codependency can stunt someone’s emotional growth. But I still don’t think she’s a terrible person, just sort of immature and young (in general) for her age. 

LOL, I think I like Candace too, because IMO she mellowed out from her first season.  But I've always kinda liked the stronger personalities......Cruela.....Kenya.....Candace.  I also think that Candace is an underdog and I almost always root for an underdog.  Robyn is my favorite, but I like most of the cast, besides Ashley and Monique.  Each cast member that I like brings something different to the table, different energy, different personalities, but they seem to mesh well.  But, with Ashley, I think every, single, thing is strategy and she seems fake to me because she always seems to be angling.  With Monique, there is the bully thing but beyond that, I don't find her particularly interesting, and I don't particularly think she meshes well with the other women.  Monique is likely uninteresting to me because she tries too hard to be perfect, and I think perfection is boring.  

• Love 3

I was so intrigued by @drivethroos post that I went to look it up, and not only is Candace in the movie, I think she has a pretty big role as one of the three sisters invited home for the holidays to fix the estranged relationship with their dad after he wins the lottery.  Not sure how prestigious the movie is going to be since there was an open casting call for at least one supporting role, but I think it sounds like fun!  

This is one of those things where Candace has at least two venues from which to harvest a storyline for season 6, her pursuit of an MBA and maybe her burgeoning film/music career.  I think she has more natural material than almost any of the other women.  

I'm not sure what Ashley is going to do that isn't going to be a re-tread.  Leave Michael?  That would be new and interesting.  We have already seen her have a child.  I think it might be interesting if and when we find out that Michael doesn't have nearly as much money as she has been led to believe.  Maybe something new about her manipulative and weird mother?

I think everyone is seeing through Gizelle's relationship with Jamal, and for her sake I hope she is dating someone else and is just using Jamal for the show.  But what is she going to be doing next season that is new and different?  I don't think someone like Gizelle ever needs a storyline because she is naturally entertaining.  Maybe she will get into another business.  Does she still have the makeup line?  When things calm down I'd love to see her bring that business international (I don't know how that works, but there are women of different skin tones all over the world being ignored).

I assume next season for Robyn will be the wedding.  

Not sure what Karen will be up to, maybe a new fragrance?

And frankly, I don't see what Monique has.  She has been doing Not For Lazy moms for like two seasons and it doesn't seem to be taking off.  Is her storyline going to be the aftermath of that disaster or is it going to be more of her sad marriage?  Apparently, if you say the wrong thing to Monique, she will "blackout" and go into a violent rage for which she will feel zero remorse and will go to social media to taunt you.  And with that, I don't know how she really gets into much drama with the rest of the cast and then what does she bring to the show besides T'Challa?

• Love 5

Wendy should actually start a political podcast.

Gizelle's makeup line is defunct because there was an issue with the supply chain/manufacturing due to COVID.  She wasn't really that serious about it anyway because she would've found a new supplier by now.  None of the other makeup brands just shut down due to supplier/manufacturer issues.

Although Monique's podcast is ridiculous, at least she's doing something.  Ashley is doing NOTHING.  Ashley hasn't even tried to do anything for herself since Michael fired her from the restaurant.  Ashley should try getting into real estate. It's not that hard to get a VA real estate license, some of the dumbest people you'll ever meet have a VA real estate license (no offense, Virginia).  Get a MD license, a DC license and she could probably set her own hours around the children.  My fear is Michael will not like that at all and won't let her do it.  But I think she would be good at it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

some of the dumbest people you'll ever meet have a VA real estate license

Proof -- my ex brother-in-law was able to get a real estate license in VA and he's dumber than a box of hammers!

• LOL 9
On 11/13/2020 at 2:16 PM, drivethroo said:

I wonder if Ashley was ever that free or sensuous or was she doing what she had to do to survive and not end up like her momma scratching and surviving in a tent?  And Ashley probably would've calmed down as she got older anyway.  Michael groomed her from the time she was in her early 20s.  They got married when she was 26 but had dated long before that.

I agree.

I think Ashley feels close to Monique because (and this is speculation) they're from the same place.  Candiace, Gizelle and Robyn have parents who are professionals,  Karen's family seemed to be quite influential in the town where Karen grew up, Wendy...well she has 4 degrees!  Maybe Ashley senses that the other women look down on her because she doesn't have the education or the family background.  Maybe she sees Monique as kind of like her, a woman who lucked out and married a wealthy man.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I think Ashley feels close to Monique because (and this is speculation) they're from the same place.  Candiace, Gizelle and Robyn have parents who are professionals,  Karen's family seemed to be quite influential in the town where Karen grew up, Wendy...well she has 4 degrees!  Maybe Ashley senses that the other women look down on her because she doesn't have the education or the family background.  Maybe she sees Monique as kind of like her, a woman who lucked out and married a wealthy man.

Ashley has a degree from the University of Maryland.

I do agree that Monique (probably) and Ashley didn't have the best backgrounds and both of them used their beauty and cunning to marry a rich man.

I don't think any of the women look down on Ashley or Monique because of their backgrounds (except for Wendy towards Ashley).  Nobody has ever thrown Ashley's background or her mother in Ashley's face.  I think they look down on Monique because of how Monique carries herself.

I think Ashley & Monique gravitate towards each other because of convenience but also because while they may have the money the others don't, the others have the social acceptance they will never have.

• Love 4