Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E15: Portu-Girl-Bye

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Then again, Candiace made a name for herself during her first season by describing his genitals. Given that, I can see why Chris might want to limit his screen time.

I hope this is the very last episode in which Wendy's education is discussed. Move on, Doc.

Robyn is definitely the Greek chorus on this show. I like that she didn't back down on Gizelle. Ashley can talk about how Karen was waiting to shade Gizelle, but Karen's point was fair and relevant to both Gizelle and Ashley. Don't base your on-screen personality on being nosy, intrusive, and "holding people accountable" for their personal lives then turn around and ask them to respect your privacy and boundaries when you have personal problems.

I hope Candiace and Karen remain friends. It's hilarious to watch Candiace (and Robyn) react to Karen's shenanigans. 

I think Robyn has unfairly gotten this reputation for being Gizelle's lapdog, but I don't think thats true.  Most of the time she has her friend's back but she has gone against Gizelle too.  

Even in the first season when weird Michael came to the beach house on a girls trip and Gizelle got mad and went to bed.  She looked to Robyn to follow her and Robyn was like "nah, I stayed up and we played beer pong"

Robyn clearly told Gizelle that she did not appreciate her behavior at the open house.  

There are other instances too, I just cannot remember them right now, but I think that Robyn is an independent person but she is much more of a ride or die than someone like Ashley.  

• Love 20
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

Like why the hell do you need to talk about how many pages your dissertation was?7  The only thing I learned was that dissertations have dedications, and honestly, between the dedication page and the TOC and numerous citations, I'd bet that dissertation was not 170 pages.  

You could request a copy but according to the excerpt at Rutgers it was 144 pages.

Edited by biakbiak
  • LOL 9
55 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I think Robyn has unfairly gotten this reputation for being Gizelle's lapdog, but I don't think thats true.  Most of the time she has her friend's back but she has gone against Gizelle too.  

Even in the first season when weird Michael came to the beach house on a girls trip and Gizelle got mad and went to bed.  She looked to Robyn to follow her and Robyn was like "nah, I stayed up and we played beer pong"

Robyn clearly told Gizelle that she did not appreciate her behavior at the open house.  

There are other instances too, I just cannot remember them right now, but I think that Robyn is an independent person but she is much more of a ride or die than someone like Ashley.  

I agree and even I have to remind myself of instances where she has been separate from Gizelle. She also stayed at Monique's Vienna house after Gizelle was kicked out, went to Milani's birthday party when Gizelle was not invited, stayed at Karen's after Gizelle's dramatic exit, and said she was extra for bringing security. Rewatching Robyn in season 1, I forgot how much I used to like her. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Like why the hell do you need to talk about how many pages your dissertation was?7  The only thing I learned was that dissertations have dedications, and honestly, between the dedication page and the TOC and numerous citations, I'd bet that dissertation was not 170 pages. 

MY dissertation was 386 pages - take that Wendy. I did have over 100 tables of mostly insignificant results. 😜

There are people who get two PhDs - one was more than enough, I don’t need to experience that again

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
20 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

MY dissertation was 386 pages - take that Wendy. I did have over 100 tables of mostly insignificant results. 😜

There are people who get two PhDs - one was more than enough, I don’t need to experience that again

I had forgotten, so I just went back and looked, my dissertation was only 150 pages, my institute calls them 'leaves' haha. As bad as it was writing all those chapters, then making sure there were NO mistakes, I never held onto how many pages, only how many references (304). 

Two PhDs! Barely got through the one, could not do that again. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, StillHere said:

That’s Dorothy and her offspring’s money.

What is he doing to create generational wealth? Chris Bassett is a middle-aged white man.

In the context of the Real Housewives universe, and using bougie princess logic, Bruh is an “Ain’t Shit _____”.

Here's the thing, for white folks even of modest means in America, if you don't have ANY generational wealth (family has NEVER owned property, no one has EVER gone to college, your parents made more than you currently make, etc.) if you avoid the traps of addiction and lack of education, you can more successful than similarly situated minorities. So Chris doing nothing is still going to be ahead of a black guy from the same circumstances. Candiace knew she married a man with a couple of kids who didn't have a lot. There are no surprises here. 

Chris has all the benefits that come with his position in American socio-economic/class/racial strata. He just needs to keep his head down, and keep his wife earning RHOP checks, record checks, appearance checks, etc. and he'll be just fine. And as long as Candiace doesn't mind it not sure that anyone else's opinion matters. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Axie said:

I’m not a mother, so, I honestly don’t know, but, is it that important for Dean to see his parents faces before he falls asleep?  I know it’s what Ashley wants, but, does it really matter?

I am a mother but not an expert on parenting (despite my FOUR DEGREES, EVERYONE!!!) and...I thought that was weird too. Why would you deliberately keep an exhausted baby awake? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, ladle said:

I am a mother but not an expert on parenting (despite my FOUR DEGREES, EVERYONE!!!) and...I thought that was weird too. Why would you deliberately keep an exhausted baby awake? 

It was a passive aggressive way to keep tabs on her cheating husband... it had nothing to do with the child seeing him before he slept and everything to do with having tabs on him.... 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

to talk about how many pages your dissertation was?7  The only thing I learned was that dissertations have dedications, and honestly, between the dedication page and the TOC and numerous citations, I'd bet that dissertation was not 170 pages.  

I could not begin to tell you how many pages my dissertation was. It was made into a book, and I could only ballpark that for you as well. Granted, Wendy got her degree more recently than I did but I guarantee that this was never information I had readily accessible in my brain. 

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

It was a passive aggressive way to keep tabs on her cheating husband... it had nothing to do with the child seeing him before he slept and everything to do with having tabs on him.... 

Oh totally, but it went for Ashley too. She said something like “I told them not to put the baby to sleep until I called.” I mean, I get being bummed that you’ve called too late to say goodnight your kid but asking a caregiver to keep him up seems a bit...selfish. 

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, bosawks said:

Not to be on Michael’s side but 11 minutes after curfew seems a bit much to trigger a full emotional breakdown.

11 minutes after curfew is more of a Candy dabbing of tears offense.

11 minutes is plenty of time, for Michael to do a crime.... per a comedy act, found on youtube by Bernic mac called "3 minutes"...🤣

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, sATL said:

11 minutes is plenty of time, for Michael to do a crime.... per a comedy act, found on youtube by Bernic mac called "3 minutes"...🤣

More like Michael's "friend" wouldn't accept Venmo and Michael had to hit up the ATM before heading home.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, nb360 said:

Well, I’ve written a dissertation for my own Ph.D (just one, admittedly), and I thought 170 pages was too low of a page count. Does that include the bibliography?

I think Wendy included the bibliography. It depends on the discipline, the committee, and the work. I'm in the sciences, and the length is not as important as the contents. One impactful study of 150 pages carries more weight than several less impactful studies with a page count of 300. One of my batch mates had a thesis with very highly regarded data, and a thesis of 100 pages. Also in my field, depends on how many figures, and the size of the figures. When I was reviewing them, I would find some with pages that contained one oversized graph per page, so they could have easily reduced the number of pages by ~30. Some people opt for more written discussion, while others prefer nicely organized figures. In the sciences it's mostly about the figures. A PhD thesis is usually public on the website, I guess Rutgers does things a bit differently. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

There’s good old changed Monique so remorseful gathering evidence. Lol what a joke. I used to like her on the show but she’s just annoying me now.

Gizelle and Jamal are a joke. Gizelle should never comment on anyone’s relationship with her being all about some sleazy ass pastor. Gizelle just wants Robyn to be a yes man.

Maybe Karen is being petty but she’s totally right about Gizelle.

I hope I don’t have to hear the word degree for a while lol.

Ashley and her statement is a joke. It’s all about how she doesn’t like Monique. I think Monique needs to go.

• Love 6

Karen has Wendy shook for not being impressed with her degrees.  While having 4 degrees and a PhD at such a young age is impressive, it doesn't mean people need to be impressed.  Same goes for Monique; it's cool your husband has money and you have all these material things, but what else is going on? People who feel the need to constantly blare about what they have are generally insecure, and thus no bother to me.  What other people have doesn't nourish me, moisturize my skin or pay my bills.

Monique called in her chips with Ashley to get her to write that statement.  I think Ashley's statement about the butter knife incident is probably why Candiace's charges on Monique were dismissed but the tape clearly shows Monique starting the physical fight, which is why Monique's charges on Candiace were dismissed.  As I mentioned in the last episode thread, Monique got triggered by that butter knife incident; she wanted to fight Candiace because of that butter knife incident (not because of rumors, plots, not giving a heads up, good night/i'm sleep or any of that)..and the aggression wasn't even towards Monique, it was towards a third party.  Ashley knew she had to write that statement because the Samuels saved Michael's ass during the cameraman saga and I think Ashley is letting it be known what the true nature of the friendship is between her and Monique by letting it slip how appreciative she is to Monique for sticking by her and Michael.

I think Robyn would film with Monique because she's not physically afraid of her.  Robyn would beat Monique's ass down and both of them know it but Robyn would probably never do that.  Gizelle & Wendy are not about that fight night life so I can't see either one of them trying to film with Monique.  If there is an integration of Monique back into the circle, it will come via Robyn.  I think Robyn & Wendy's problem with Monique is she flipped out, didn't have any remorse for flipping out and they don't know what they could say that would set Monique off again.

But it wasn't anything Candiace said that set Monique off; Monique's been wanting to put the paws on her since the butter knife saga with Ashley.

I saw a thread on Lipstick Alley where allegedly Andy says there are expected to be no cast changes for Season 6.  If true, I can see Monique being demoted to a Friend (with Wendy being the 6th Housewife).  I can also see Candiace being demoted to a friend while Monique remains in the main lineup since Candiace has said she will never film with Monique again.  Either one of them being demoted to "friend" will resolve any filming issues between Candiace and Monique because whoever is the friend won't be around the group as much as if they were a main cast member.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, TexasGal said:

So, that call about buying new luggage with her mom was totally about her mom buying her new luggage right?  I wonder if she still has a credit card where the bill goes to her mom, like I did when I was in college cross country from my parents?  (That I never used unless I cleared it with them first.)

That was her male friend on the phone. I also thought she was asking mommy for luggage but I rewound it and it said she was on the phone with a dude. I already forgot his name. I think it’s the one that has the beard and Amish hat that she is filming with this season.

Why doesn't Ashley install some sort of "sharing" app on Michael's phone while he is sleeping and then she can read all of his texts and see what numbers he is calling?  She can also put a tracker in his car and she can follow him on her phone or just hire a PI.  My friend did the tracker thing on her husband and also installed software on their home computer to see what sites he was going to, it was good information for her to have for their divorce.  

Honestly, she knows what is going on, AA tells the sober partner to stop looking in the trash can for the bottles, they are in there, Ashley knows what is going on but she does not want to be made a fool of in front of her friends but there is no way to head this off as long as Michael is out there and people like to post on social media.

Either ignore it or move on.

• Love 7

Andy saying that there won't be any cast changes is in conflict with another report that claims that a "source" says that Potomac will be down a housewife. Andy would be the authority, however I think they might hold out to see how the reunion goes before making any concrete statements. regardless of the decision, I hope they don't spend too much time on this altercation next season, or the altercation that is rumored to take place at the finale. 

17 hours ago, StillHere said:

That's not surprising. Dorothy and her spawn have been trying trying to build Bruh up for years. Being a regular dude is fine but Candiace's virulent classism, the way she tosses out "ghetto" and "hood rat", doesn't extend to the man she and her family are taking care of.  My roots are in the hood. I'm now hood-adjacent and I'm not ashamed for it. 

Candiace is so heinous on camera, one can only imagine what a monster she is behind it. Chris runs his mouth on social media a lot more than is captured on the show. I can't with these two.

18 hours ago, politichick said:

Because I am loathing my boss at the moment and don't want to do any work, after reading your comment I did a little googling about Chris and his so-called restaurant. There is not one photo of him in the series of several photos on the restaurant's Facebook page. Did see a couple of local articles that mention him, BUT as an investor whose wife is on this show. He probably invested $! so they could call him that and try to draw some publicity on the back of the show.

It is interesting how we are seeing so little of him this season and I really wonder about this relationship. There's no warmth or passion that I can see. 

Did you guys find any evidence of his prestigious West Virginia family that Dorothy was bragging about during the reunion?

17 hours ago, RealReality said:

16 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

I agree and even I have to remind myself of instances where she has been separate from Gizelle. She also stayed at Monique's Vienna house after Gizelle was kicked out, went to Milani's birthday party when Gizelle was not invited, stayed at Karen's after Gizelle's dramatic exit, and said she was extra for bringing security. Rewatching Robyn in season 1, I forgot how much I used to like her. 

Every time that they show Gizelle and Robyn, I am almost struck by how much better Robyn looks than Gizelle. Again, Robyn's hair was on point and she had on cute pajamas. G was wearing camo pants and some ugly top. I bet G probably thinks she is the stylish one because Robyn can be a bit of a tomboy, but she seriously needs to look to her friend for some fashion tips.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Why doesn't Ashley install some sort of "sharing" app on Michael's phone while he is sleeping and then she can read all of his texts and see what numbers he is calling?  She can also put a tracker in his car and she can follow him on her phone or just hire a PI.  My friend did the tracker thing on her husband and also installed software on their home computer to see what sites he was going to, it was good information for her to have for their divorce.  

She chooses to just sniff his underwear.

• LOL 7
20 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Did you guys find any evidence of his prestigious West Virginia family that Dorothy was bragging about during the reunion?

Every time that they show Gizelle and Robyn, I am almost struck by how much better Robyn looks than Gizelle. Again, Robyn's hair was on point and she had on cute pajamas. G was wearing camo pants and some ugly top. I bet G probably thinks she is the stylish one because Robyn can be a bit of a tomboy, but she seriously needs to look to her friend for some fashion tips.

I sincerely think that Gizelle was trolling or playing up her "fashion victim" status with those camo pants and red tank top.  

I refuse to believe that anyone was like "hmm, I'm going to be on national TV, what can I wear to look my best......I guess I could go with these cammo pants....but what can I pair them with so I really look fabulous?  Oh, I got it!  Some Forever 21 built in bra tank top!  Fantastic!"  Either Gizelle has some sort of visual impairment or she is trolling us.  

10 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

She chooses to just sniff his underwear.

Ashley chooses to be a "sympathetic victim" on national TV. 

Protip: Next time Ashley, put in some eyedrops so you can pretend cry more effectively.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LaurelleJ said:

Andy saying that there won't be any cast changes is in conflict with another report that claims that a "source" says that Potomac will be down a housewife.

Not necessarily, if either Candiace or Monique is demoted to "Friend", they will be down a Housewife (6 instead of 7) but there would be no cast changes.  So both can be true.  Of the two, it would make more sense to demote Monique to a "friend" than Candiace because Monique has more people unwilling to film with her than Candiace. Monique as a friend allows her to film with Karen & Ashley (and probably Robyn and/or Wendy) while not having to film with Gizelle or Candiace.  It solves the problem of cast trips because Friend Monique won't be expected to go on the cast trips.

Demoting Candiace to a friend still leaves the problem of GEB + Wendy not really wanting to film with Monique.

So both can be true: there will be no cast changes for Season 6 AND they will be down a Housewife (Monique or Candiace).

• Love 3

I sincerely think that Gizelle was trolling or playing up her "fashion victim" status with those camo pants and red tank top.  

I refuse to believe that anyone was like "hmm, I'm going to be on national TV, what can I wear to look my best......I guess I could go with these cammo pants....but what can I pair them with so I really look fabulous?  Oh, I got it!  Some Forever 21 built in bra tank top!  Fantastic!"  Either Gizelle has some sort of visual impairment or she is trolling us.  

Nah. She legitimately thinks that shit looks good because it's some designer label.  Especially since her comeback to Karen's WWHL appearance is that she's seen Karen's closet and everything is fake.  She can say what she wants, but Karen looked fucking fabulous on WWHL, fake labels or not!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHWiFjKrhp_/

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

So both can be true: there will be no cast changes for Season 6 AND they will be down a Housewife (Monique or Candiace).

This is true, didn't think about it that way. The "source" says that Bravo is displeased by the online antics of Candiace, so I wonder if both could be demoted and given a friend status for a season or more, a la Porsha, even though Andy claims that Porsha was a friend just because they didn't get main housewife story out of them. 

I think the current lineup as it stands is fine, whether main or friend, and they don't need to add anymore. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, qtpye said:

No, and Bravo is doing a great job concealing it. I do see from Bruh's own website that "Chris grew up in a working class family led by his father and step mom. Chris and his two younger brothers were never short on their share of mischief."

I get why Dorothy feels a need to prop him up or she looks like gotdamn fool. But even Steve Wonder can see he's a bit of rough. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, LaurelleJ said:

The "source" says that Bravo is displeased by the online antics of Candiace, so I wonder if both could be demoted and given a friend status for a season or more, a la Porsha,

Monique has also been acting up online, with the leaking of the fight and sending her fans to harass Candiace/Candiace's mother/RHOP castmates who disagree with Monique.

I can't imagine BRAVO is too happy with Candiace's resurfaced homophobic tweets on social media, either.

And both could be demoted to "friend" and that solves the problem of them being around each other and the inevitable "If Monique has to go, then Candiace has to go" or "Why does Candiace get demoted but Monique gets rewarded for beating her ass?" debates.

I say this from personal experience: when things get that bad and that toxic, it's best for one of the parties to exit stage left.  When it gets to the point of issuing death threats and organizing smear campaigns, somebody has to go because the drama consumes everyone and drags down the energy with everyone else involved.

I had a workplace situation like that for three years of war and drama and smear campaigns, threats etc. It only ended when I decided I wasn't going to engage the person at all for any reason (she eventually got fired). I also decided from then on, whatever job I might have, if drama like this pops up I would leave and even if the only job I could get was Taco Bell, that would be a small price to pay to have have to deal with people like that.  I've warned subsequent employers I would not tolerate drama like that when drama decided to pop up (it took me 18 months to decompress from that first situation), so Candiace being demoted might be a good thing for her mentally.

I don't think there is any hope for Monique changing her ways (and I say this because Monique still doesn't think she did anything wrong) so a demotion might give her coworkers a chance to decompress themselves.

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

This is true, didn't think about it that way. The "source" says that Bravo is displeased by the online antics of Candiace, so I wonder if both could be demoted and given a friend status for a season or more, a la Porsha, even though Andy claims that Porsha was a friend just because they didn't get main housewife story out of them. 

I think the current lineup as it stands is fine, whether main or friend, and they don't need to add anymore. 

I'd like to see Kendall added.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, StillHere said:

I think adding Kendall would shake Gizelle up but apparently she had been trying out for the show since Season 1 (via Charrisse) and the producers weren't interested.  I think if they do add a new Housewife she needs to be in the Gizelle/Karen age group and not the Ashley/Candiace/Monique age group.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

I had a workplace situation like that for three years of war and drama and smear campaigns, threats etc. It only ended when I decided I wasn't going to engage the person at all for any reason (she eventually got fired). I also decided from then on, whatever job I might have, if drama like this pops up I would leave and even if the only job I could get was Taco Bell, that would be a small price to pay to have have to deal with people like that.  I've warned subsequent employers I would not tolerate drama like that when drama decided to pop up (it took me 18 months to decompress from that first situation), so Candiace being demoted might be a good thing for her mentally.

My PhD (Hi Wendy!) was so bad that I took a year off from working because my mentor was so bad and the drama she caused was so destructive that I needed 12 months to decompress so I understand this 100%. I would say that of all the ladies, Candiace may want/need the money the most so she might not take well to the demotion because it likely comes with a pay cut, but I'm here to say that no amount of money is worth your mental health. Because my mentor had ran off every single employee that she had before I arrived and after I arrived, she offered me an unusually high salary to stay with her. Even though I obviously knew the job well and could write my own ticket, no amount of money was worth that mental stress, so I hear you. 

6 minutes ago, StillHere said:

Would you like to see Gizelle lose her entire mind, because that's what would happen haha. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I've seen Gizelle at a couple of events in Washington and, yeah, she just has really bad taste in fashion. Monique has the best wardrobe and Karen sometimes makes good choices, but for the most part, these lades, while lovely, need a fashion makeover.

I cringe every time Wendy waves those daggers at the tip of her fingers. How do you care for a baby with those things?

Ashley might have provided the statement for Monique regardless of the ass grab incident. I don't think any of the women want to see Monique end up in jail and even though G&R won't hang with her, the did tell Candace that a potential sentence was too much. Counter suing probably helped her avoid that and she likely had a better attorney than Candace. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

I think adding Kendall would shake Gizelle up but apparently she had been trying out for the show since Season 1 (via Charrisse) and the producers weren't interested.  I think if they do add a new Housewife she needs to be in the Gizelle/Karen age group and not the Ashley/Candiace/Monique age group.

It seems like production can't make up their mind on whether they want the show to skew younger or older. That's why I thought Ashley stuck out like a sore thumb in the first season. Katie fit in well with them, but when she came back she seemed like she fit in better with the younger crew. 

• Love 1

This is my first go with Potomac- I think the pandemic worked for it bc there was so much visible push for this show that I can’t recall seeing before.  

I think it’s a helluva good cast and I like all of them. And my word- most attractive cast hands down. 

As another poster up thread said so well- Wendy’s need for approval diminishes her achievements. There’s nothing cooler when you befriend or even have a peripheral relationship and THEN you learn they are xyz. She started with that and seemingly won’t let up.  

I feel like Ashley using breastfeeding as her multiple degrees and seemingly won’t let up. We get it!!

its an entirely different HW show too bc when they were at the hotel dinner after it was over they all soberly got up (even after the portu poon lol) and put on PJs. Jet lag or not most would have a “later that night” where shenanigans ensue. I like it.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, politichick said:

I've seen Gizelle at a couple of events in Washington and, yeah, she just has really bad taste in fashion. Monique has the best wardrobe and Karen sometimes makes good choices, but for the most part, these lades, while lovely, need a fashion makeover.

I cringe every time Wendy waves those daggers at the tip of her fingers. How do you care for a baby with those things?

Ashley might have provided the statement for Monique regardless of the ass grab incident. I don't think any of the women want to see Monique end up in jail and even though G&R won't hang with her, the did tell Candace that a potential sentence was too much. Counter suing probably helped her avoid that and she likely had a better attorney than Candace. 

I think Ashley would have just as likely stayed out of it if it weren't for bootygrab gate. 

That puts Ashley in a position diametrically opposed to most of the cast and that doesn't seem like a good position to be in.  No one wants to see Monique in jail, but given the fact that she isn't sorry for shit, I don't think most of the cast, with the exception of Karen, wants to actively help her.  

I don't think anyone on the cast wanted to see Monique in jail (and I don't think she was ever going to go to jail, I believe second degree assault is a misdemeanor charge in MD).  According to Dr. Google (who I'm sure has four degrees at least)a second degree assault charge CAN result in a 10 year jail sentence, but I cannot imagine that would be the sentence for a first time offender.  

Ashley should be careful what she wishes for.  An unapologetic bully like Monique will only be emboldened by getting away with it.  And messy Ashley could easily be her next target.  

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Finally caught up on the last four episodes and I just have to say Michael is a dick. He made a big deal out of how he was going to be putting Michael to bed at his bed time which is apparently 7, there is absolutely no reason that he couldn’t have texted Eve to say he was running late or on his way so she would know what was happening. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, politichick said:

11 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Nah. She legitimately thinks that shit looks good because it's some designer label.  Especially since her comeback to Karen's WWHL appearance is that she's seen Karen's closet and everything is fake.  She can say what she wants, but Karen looked fucking fabulous on WWHL, fake labels or not!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHWiFjKrhp_/

Gizelle makes expensive designer clothes look cheap and Robyn makes affordable clothes look good. G just has awful taste. 

I was really let down the way she remodeled her house. The tackiness reminds me a bit of Kandi. The difference is that Kandi came up from very humble circumstances. G is supposed to have a pedigreed background and I was expected a bit more class and sophistication in her home décor choices. 

17 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Finally caught up on the last four episodes and I just have to say Michael is a dick. He made a big deal out of how he was going to be putting Michael to bed at his bed time which is apparently 7, there is absolutely no reason that he couldn’t have texted Eve to say he was running late or on his way so she would know what was happening. 

Michael never wanted that child and he acts like it. This is why it is hard for me to celebrate Ashley's new pregnancy announcement. Those babies are going to be hurt as they get older and their father wants nothing to do with them.

Right now, they are just a scape goat for Michael's bad behavior (Ashley does not pay attention to me, etc.), when he has been grabbing men's asses well before precious Dean was born.

• Love 10
On 11/9/2020 at 6:56 AM, luckyroll3 said:

Karen's right. She can't come on with a fake storyline, based on her fake-ass relationship, and never make it a part of the conversation all while putting everyone else and their relationships on blast.  

Maybe, but Karen needs to STFU because Ray said he didn't know if he loved her...on TV.  Yikes.

And Karen needs to take off the white Rapunzel wig, it's not a good look for her.

The winner for the best hair is Robyn, hands down.  I think she's the best looking of all of them.  Gizelle's face always looks shiny.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3
On 11/10/2020 at 3:09 AM, drivethroo said:

Monique called in her chips with Ashley to get her to write that statement.  I think Ashley's statement about the butter knife incident is probably why Candiace's charges on Monique were dismissed but the tape clearly shows Monique starting the physical fight, which is why Monique's charges on Candiace were dismissed.  As I mentioned in the last episode thread, Monique got triggered by that butter knife incident; she wanted to fight Candiace because of that butter knife incident (not because of rumors, plots, not giving a heads up, good night/i'm sleep or any of that)..and the aggression wasn't even towards Monique, it was towards a third party.  Ashley knew she had to write that statement because the Samuels saved Michael's ass during the cameraman saga and I think Ashley is letting it be known what the true nature of the friendship is between her and Monique by letting it slip how appreciative she is to Monique for sticking by her and Michael.

But that only explains the initial fight.  It doesn't explain why Monique ran down the stairs, outside to try to attack Candiace AFTER the fight was over.  I'm sorry but that's fucking hood rat behavior, like attacking someone from behind behavior.  If Monique thinks it's okay to attack someone after the fight is over, I wouldn't want to be around her and if I had children the same age as Monique's kids I wouldn't want them hanging around her kids.  

• Love 5
On 11/9/2020 at 4:24 PM, biakbiak said:

Availability. There are only five flights a week to Lisbon out of DC and from DC I don’t think you can not at least stop in Lisbon to get to Madeira. 

It shouldn't take 19 hours from DC. 

10 minutes ago, OdinO. said:

It shouldn't take 19 hours from DC. 

As someone who has been to Portugal multiple times It can easily take that from the east coast to the islands due to layovers, I mean it’s on the long side but it’s not that unusual. It wasn’t that to Lisbon, which again getting that many people on a direct flight to Lisbon might be an issue, it was that to Madeira. 

Edited by biakbiak
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

But that only explains the initial fight.  It doesn't explain why Monique ran down the stairs, outside to try to attack Candiace AFTER the fight was over.  I'm sorry but that's fucking hood rat behavior, like attacking someone from behind behavior.  If Monique thinks it's okay to attack someone after the fight is over, I wouldn't want to be around her and if I had children the same age as Monique's kids I wouldn't want them hanging around her kids.  

Some people think marrying a man with 3 kids from 2 baby mamas is "fucking hood rat behavior".

Not me though; I don't such things. 

3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I wonder if Monique herself thought that she wouldn't be allowed to continue with the show, and in that moment with that much anger she thought well since I've gone this far, there's no going back now. Some of the things Candiace was shouting at her from behind the door didn't make it to air, but they could have also set her off too, even further making her think she wouldn't continue. 

1 minute ago, LaurelleJ said:

I wonder if Monique herself thought that she wouldn't be allowed to continue with the show, and in that moment with that much anger she thought well since I've gone this far, there's no going back now. Some of the things Candiace was shouting at her from behind the door didn't make it to air, but they could have also set her off too, even further making her think she wouldn't continue. 

Doesn't make it right.  

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Doesn't make it right.  

No it doesn't, just giving my opinion on why she might have done it. I forgot to include that disclaimer in my post as I do in every post about this altercation. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3