Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, J80134 said:

Rick might be over it after the lust fades, but he could be a true yes man. I was married to a man for 8 years that never said no to me. His whole philosophy was that if I was happy he was happy. That didn't waver when it came to sex... seriously, dude would get blisters on his tongue! I decided everything in the relationship...how we would spend our money, where we would live, what we would do, who we hung out with, where he worked...and he just smiled and said whatever you want babe. In true bitch fashion, I walked all over him and eventually started to see him as spineless and boring. Even after I asked for a separation and got pregnant by another man, he wanted to stay married and raise the child with me. My friends and family couldn't believe that I would divorce this man who treated me like a queen. Sometimes I can't believe it myself. But the truth is, I was Kelly dodd toxic in that relationship dynamic. I see a lot of my ex in Rick. He might hang in for as long as she wants to treat him like shit.

Disclaimer...this was 30 years ago and not the dynamic in my other relationships. Don't want to leave the impression that my personality is similar to Kelly's. 🤢

This post reminds me of my parents.  I couldn’t believe what my mother told me to this day.  My Father was a complete “ Yes” man.  Did everything she said .. I mean everything.  Once she told me “I wish Daddy would just slap me”.   I was shocked but realized she wanted a real man, not a wimp who gave in to her every minute.  She didn’t have respect for him for being a yes man, so I get what you are saying.  In Kelly’s case, I think once the sex wears off, she’ll dump him.  After all, the guy is 60 already.  She said they have sex sometimes three times a day.  Yeah, o.kaaaaay.  Maybe he’s taking the little blue pill.

• Love 3
On 11/6/2020 at 7:50 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

The tagging along to an AA meeting seems odd, the friend (if they are real friends) would do better at an Al-Anon meeting, it would be way more helpful.

Addicts fail, they slip, it is expected, they are supposed to stay away from people, places and things that trigger their habit but I just do not see Brawny doing that, maybe it is the iron clad Bravo contract but if I were her I would find away out. It must be hard to be serious about or have any success in staying sober when you are always in the mix of women who are not supportive and are usually drinking, right?

I also found it odd as I thought the meetings were for alcoholics only. Sean should be in Al-anon. I don’t see her cast members going to Al-Anon as I don’t think any of them really care. Gina did show some empathy but i doubt they are vested in her recovery. 

• Love 3
On 11/7/2020 at 11:38 AM, Sun-Bun said:

I’ll gladly fat shame Gina because I dunno *why* her suddenly beefy ass is even still on this show looking/acting as dumpy as she does...between the bad extensions, the “sad” little condo, the lack of style and her generally slobbish demeanor/diction, the fact that she’s noticeably packed on what looks like at least 20 extra pounds isn’t even the worst of her many offenses. She also isn’t even any fun to watch, unlike similarly sloppy/hardly wealthy Sonja on NYC. 

My husband used to have the hots for Gina on her first season, so once he saw her this past episode he yelped in shock, “Holy shit, that gal porked out!”

Obviously she’s not remotely ‘fat’ at all and I LOVE the fact that we’re seeing more realistically-sized women on the RH franchise. My point is that I don’t watch “Real Housewives” to watch dumpy-looking broads with dubious bank accounts and bad hair/clothes in sad condos full of kids lumbering around on my screen. Like even back when Shannon gained all that weight a few seasons ago, she still maintained an upscale lifestyle and was her usual oddly endearing self.

I have some glam female neighbors who are better-looking/styled and living better than Gina, for chrissakes. There’s still an element of necessary escapism and aspiration with RH series. And while Emily and the new girl are both thicker than the usual size 0-2 RH’s, at least they have a certain amount of obvious wealth and/or career goals to offer and just carry themselves better.

Of course, the OC really hasn’t provided much in terms of aspiration since Heather Dubrow left anyway, so I shouldn’t be too surprised to see the less than ideal likes of schluby Gina and hateful hag Kelly still on there. But at least Kelly keeps herself up physically, has some sort of professional drive and is brutally funny now and then. What’s Gina’s excuse?

Kelly has "professional" drive? Say what? Is she secretly the CEO of some Fortune 500 company that no one knows about? The only "drive" that I see Kelly having is a sex drive...as for her appearance...clearly she spends a good amount of money on cosmetic procedures. Her face is so loaded with fillers and Botox she can barely move her over plumped up mouth. Gina has let herself go and seems to be OK with it. For  Orange County she must be considered pretty frumpy...that place is consumed with physical appearance and how good you look.

• Love 6

I wonder, do Rick’s co-workers make fun of him after seeing and hearing all the nasty crap Kelly says about him?  He’s supposed to be a serious professional journalist, but his now wife only wants to talk about how much they boink, and how she treats him like a houseboy.  How can any man be happy about all this ?

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Kelly has "professional" drive? Say what? Is she secretly the CEO of some Fortune 500 company that no one knows about? The only "drive" that I see Kelly having is a sex drive...as for her appearance...clearly she spends a good amount of money on cosmetic procedures. Her face is so loaded with fillers and Botox she can barely move her over plumped up mouth.

Hah!! I hear ya, and I’m definitely no Kelly fan whatsoever; she’s a walking Botox addiction and a trainwreck otherwise. I just remember her last season going on and on about that special water drink company or whatever she’d helped buy into and how hard she was pushing it. Is she still pushing that junk?(damn these OC folks and their obsession with producing beverage companies of any kind)

• Love 6
On 11/7/2020 at 11:38 AM, Sun-Bun said:

I’ll gladly fat shame Gina because I dunno *why* her suddenly beefy ass is even still on this show looking/acting as dumpy as she does...between the bad extensions, the “sad” little condo, the lack of style and her generally slobbish demeanor/diction, the fact that she’s noticeably packed on what looks like at least 20 extra pounds isn’t even the worst of her many offenses. She also isn’t even any fun to watch, unlike similarly sloppy/hardly wealthy Sonja on NYC. 

My husband used to have the hots for Gina on her first season, so once he saw her this past episode he yelped in shock, “Holy shit, that gal porked out!”

Obviously she’s not remotely ‘fat’ at all and I LOVE the fact that we’re seeing more realistically-sized women on the RH franchise. My point is that I don’t watch “Real Housewives” to watch dumpy-looking broads with dubious bank accounts and bad hair/clothes in sad condos full of kids lumbering around on my screen. Like even back when Shannon gained all that weight a few seasons ago, she still maintained an upscale lifestyle and was her usual oddly endearing self.

I have some glam female neighbors who are better-looking/styled and living better than Gina, for chrissakes. There’s still an element of necessary escapism and aspiration with RH series. And while Emily and the new girl are both thicker than the usual size 0-2 RH’s, at least they have a certain amount of obvious wealth and/or career goals to offer and just carry themselves better.

Of course, the OC really hasn’t provided much in terms of aspiration since Heather Dubrow left anyway, so I shouldn’t be too surprised to see the less than ideal likes of schluby Gina and hateful hag Kelly still on there. But at least Kelly keeps herself up physically, has some sort of professional drive and is brutally funny now and then. What’s Gina’s excuse?

I’ll take a plump Gina over a thin Tamra or Vicki any day. Plus if you are going on lifestyle, do any of them have the high end lifestyles that they portray? Most of them are renters with dime a dozen businesses that never go far. I guess Emily and divorcing new girl have some money. 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I also found it odd as I thought the meetings were for alcoholics only. Sean should be in Al-anon. I don’t see her cast members going to Al-Anon as I don’t think any of them really care. Gina did show some empathy but i doubt they are vested in her recovery. 

The way I look at it is.  It’s very stressful for anyone to go to their doctors and dentists for themselves these days.  All the housewives have their own problems, so who would want to sit with her at AA?  It’s stressful and depressing.  She has a Mother and husband or some family member she should ask, or just go alone.  Unless it’s production wanting to drum up more drama.  Kelly was right.  She just said “NO”.  Besides, one day they all are besties, the next day they are enemies.

• Love 5
On 11/5/2020 at 7:51 AM, nexxie said:

I think it was when Shannon went over to Braunwyn’s - as I recall, she said “It’s sad,” meaning the divorce situation. As Sean said in tonight’s episode, it wasn’t meant in a bad way (he was there). Problem is, his wife repeated it to Emily differently, and then Emily repeated it differently. Like that old telephone gossip game. Yes, Bravo should show all these clips - but seems to be using it as a big (stupid) storyline.

this is what I've been thinking all along - kind of like a run on sentence where you're almost talking to yourself.  "the house is small, it's sad"  two separate thoughts in one "sentence"  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 11/7/2020 at 12:36 PM, jaybird2 said:

sorry but i totally disagree.  AA was founded on total anonymity and people have sponsors.  there is still a stigma attached to dependency.  people could loose their jobs 

They literally have "open" and "closed" meetings.  Open is for ANYone who feels like wandering in, including friends and family.  Even when she and Shawn were going, she actually said, there's an open meeting at 330, or whatever.

I was in AA for a year and a half (I was what I call a "situational alcoholic," meaning I was in a dark place emotionally and used alcohol to deal with it, and needed to stop.  I did for a year and half, worked through my issues, and decided I didn't want 100% sobriety anymore.  This is an INCREDIBLY unpopular opinion to have in AA) and a few times my very, very close friends attended a meeting when I picked up a major chip, but that's it.  I never asked anyone to go just to go (and the meetings I attended were "open").

I'm baffled by people who say Brauny couldn't diagnose herself as an alcoholic, or that she should have gone to rehab.  You can only diagnose yourself as an alcoholic.  She's physically detoxed at this point, but she's clearly still struggling.  But it also didn't sound like she started going to meetings until a few weeks into quitting.  And anyone who thinks she is faking this???  Holy shit, you must think she is an incredible actress!

All that said, she IS lying about the Shannon situation.  I'm not saying Shannon didn't say it, but Brauny is still lying.  They haven't replayed it since this was all introduced, but Brauny said that Shannon said something like, "and you if you repeat that, I'll deny it 'til the end."  If Shannon had truly said THAT part, Brauny would be repeating that part over and over.  So, she lied in her talking head when she said that.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

this is what I've been thinking all along - kind of like a run on sentence where you're almost talking to yourself.  "the house is small, it's sad"  two separate thoughts in one "sentence"  

It gets to the point where you just can’t say anything, and that’s hard to do in a relationship of any kind.  You’re always on guard when you talk.  Not pleasant or comfortable at all.  Except Kelly.  She lets it all out and doesn’t give a damn.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

It gets to the point where you just can’t say anything, and that’s hard to do in a relationship of any kind.  You’re always on guard when you talk.  Not pleasant or comfortable at all.  Except Kelly.  She lets it all out and doesn’t give a damn.

Agreed.   And yet I don't find Kelly pleasant or comfortable at all.   I think she likes saying shit that makes everyone else uncomfortable.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, lasu said:

They literally have "open" and "closed" meetings.  Open is for ANYone who feels like wandering in, including friends and family.  Even when she and Shawn were going, she actually said, there's an open meeting at 330, or whatever.

I was in AA for a year and a half (I was what I call a "situational alcoholic," meaning I was in a dark place emotionally and used alcohol to deal with it, and needed to stop.  I did for a year and half, worked through my issues, and decided I didn't want 100% sobriety anymore.  This is an INCREDIBLY unpopular opinion to have in AA) and a few times my very, very close friends attended a meeting when I picked up a major chip, but that's it.  I never asked anyone to go just to go (and the meetings I attended were "open").

I'm baffled by people who say Brauny couldn't diagnose herself as an alcoholic, or that she should have gone to rehab.  You can only diagnose yourself as an alcoholic.  She's physically detoxed at this point, but she's clearly still struggling.  But it also didn't sound like she started going to meetings until a few weeks into quitting.  And anyone who thinks she is faking this???  Holy shit, you must think she is an incredible actress!

All that said, she IS lying about the Shannon situation.  I'm not saying Shannon didn't say it, but Brauny is still lying.  They haven't replayed it since this was all introduced, but Brauny said that Shannon said something like, "and you if you repeat that, I'll deny it 'til the end."  If Shannon had truly said THAT part, Brauny would be repeating that part over and over.  So, she lied in her talking head when she said that.

thank you for sharing.  i agree she's lying.

• Love 3
On 11/7/2020 at 1:32 PM, Anne Thrax said:

as to Gina, because Brauny wants to make up with her she extended the invitation to go to AA together

I'm wondering why she would invite Gina of all people since they have been so testy and antagonistic towards each other. I get the concept of turning the other cheek and making peace, but maybe Brauny could try removing her from the bullseye and just lay off Gina for a week or so.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Hah!! I hear ya, and I’m definitely no Kelly fan whatsoever; she’s a walking Botox addiction and a trainwreck otherwise. I just remember her last season going on and on about that special water drink company or whatever she’d helped buy into and how hard she was pushing it. Is she still pushing that junk?(damn these OC folks and their obsession with producing beverage companies of any kind)

None of them seem to latch onto something to pitch that's unique or original. Kelly with the water (they did that on RHONJ) and Shannon with her blah food line was also done on RHONJ. 

• Love 4

Emily is hitting her stride this season, good.  And I was very impressed with her analysis of Brauwynne when she and Gina were shopping.. Yes Brauwynne would think small is bad, and then assigned that same bad thought to Shannon.  Exactly my point from Ep 3. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

Emily is hitting her stride this season, good.  And I was very impressed with her analysis of Brauwynne when she and Gina were shopping.. Yes Brauwynne would think small is bad, and then assigned that same bad thought to Shannon.  Exactly my point from Ep 3. 

I was too!  I'm an executive assistant to a big shot SVP General Counsel and she taught me that she likes to hire attorneys with a psychology degree because their brains think a little different in negotiations.  I'm not a lawyer, nor do I pretend I am one -  this is my first hand experience. I saw that in Emily the other night.   She did it another time during the show too, they were at the party in the yard - I forget the context but I remember saying "I see you emily."  LOL  

• Love 6
On 11/9/2020 at 1:01 AM, KLovestoShop said:

I wonder, do Rick’s co-workers make fun of him after seeing and hearing all the nasty crap Kelly says about him?  He’s supposed to be a serious professional journalist, but his now wife only wants to talk about how much they boink, and how she treats him like a houseboy.  How can any man be happy about all this ?

I can’t believe he left N.Y. for her.  Was it because she has Jolie 50 % of the time?  Or why?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I can’t believe he left N.Y. for her.  Was it because she has Jolie 50 % of the time?  Or why?

Jolie may be part of it but Kelly won't leave California - she would be off the show.  Apparently Fox is willing to let Rick relocate and keep his job.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Jolie may be part of it but Kelly won't leave California - she would be off the show.  Apparently Fox is willing to let Rick relocate and keep his job.  

Kelly could join the RH of NYC.

I hate Kelly and her dumbness.  I mean, she seems to know very little about anything, and when people try and explain something to her, she laughs like a hyena and makes fun of it, like she did with the mezuzah.  Observant Jews take the items of their faith very seriously. Kelly is a pathetic excuse for human being. 

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 11/6/2020 at 12:30 PM, Boo Boo said:

On Rick and sex, what Kelly doesn't realize is when you hit menopause, your sex drive takes a HUGE hit.  Or at least mine did.  In peri-menopause, I felt like a teenager -- always ready for sex with my boyfriend.  My libido is so much different now versus a year ago.  So now I keep hoping that my boyfriend's libido goes down too or mine goes back up!  It sucks.

I hear you. Same thing for me. It’s difficult because my husband doesn’t really understand. 

I really don’t need to hear about Kelly’s sex life though. I wish she would’ve stop talking about it. She is so crude. I couldn’t believe what she said to Shannon’s father! 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Speaking of the mezuzah, I think it was very presumptuous of Sean to take it upon himself to hang it. What if they didn’t want to put one up? That really bothered me. 

Agreed. I’m Jewish and I wouldn’t appreciate it. Thanks for the sentiment, but I will decide if I want to put it up...and where. Also, I’m pretty sure he angled it incorrectly, but that means that I have to watch the episode again to confirm and I really don’t want to.

Edited by DeeplyShallow
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 11/8/2020 at 8:11 AM, Boo Boo said:

Ha, yes!  She looked TERRIBLE. 

Her face reminded me of Gwen Stefani’s, pulled too tightly! Gwen isn’t as bad though. 

After watching these women I don’t know if I’m a proponent of facelifts. It seems like most of the women come out looking obviously stretched and tacked back. Wonder what it looks like behind Jenny’s ears LOL?

Shannon has been high strung since S1. I don’t see much difference now except she is happier with the new guy. That calms her down a little but she still has the potential to snap at any moment IMO. I do hope it lasts with her boyfriend but think they should’ve waited longer to blend the families. 

BB, I remember Sun-In. It ruined my hair. Turned it orange! 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Thanks, that makes sense. Somehow in the back of my mind I thought she really liked N.Y. and maybe would move here and take Jolie if the ex consented.  Guess she really likes being on the show, if she lasts.  You never know.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Her face reminded me of Gwen Stefani’s, pulled too tightly! Gwen isn’t as bad though. 

After watching these women I don’t know if I’m a proponent of facelifts. It seems like most of the women come out looking obviously stretched and tacked back. Wonder what it looks like behind Jenny’s ears LOL?

Shannon has been high strung since S1. I don’t see much difference now except she is happier with the new guy. That calms her down a little but she still has the potential to snap at any moment IMO. I do hope it lasts with her boyfriend but think they should’ve waited longer to blend the families. 

BB, I remember Sun-In. It ruined my hair. Turned it orange! 

shannon is not the one blending families, that is gina

I didn't like Shanon in the beginning,  I thought she was angry weird and Too much. Then when you learned what a douche her husband was, Then I felt sorry for her and began to sympathize with her. IDK about this time, but I think she does say stuff and then Conveniently doesn't remember and denies it. She's now Queen bee of the show and she thinks she's too important. I hope her meals are successful, but I hope she goes away or calms down or becomes nicer.

Edited by antfitz
  • Love 1

OMG you have to read what Jeana keough says about Tamra and Vicki. I believe her because you know Vicki and Tamra lie all the time.  I never want to see them on another show. It turns out that Vicky was not the OG. Or the basis for the show.  Jenna Lived by the producer ...he was her neighbor... and he decided to show her family because the kids were sports oriented and her husband was a baseball player, and she had been a playboy  Centerfold etc.  Anyway those 2 bitches squeezed her out of the show.  Jeana keough explains how she helped pick the rest of the housewives in that 1st season. And I believe her, because she's never lied on the show. Whereas Vicki and Tamra like constantly.  They would not know the truth if it smacked him in the head. If you can, read Jenna Keogh's comments.  You would have to Google it.

Edited by antfitz
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 11/6/2020 at 10:20 AM, MaggieG said:

I truly think that if Bravo had footage of Shannon saying "sad", they would air it. Anytime a HW lies about something and they have footage showing the truth, they air it. Remember Ramona and all the lies at the Angel Ball they kept cutting back to last season on RHONY? So either Braunwyn is lying and Shannon never said it or Shannon said it off camera. I'm leaning more toward Shannon saying it because she is protesting a little too much. Either way, it's a stupid argument and I hope they let it go.

Unpopular opinion: I didn't think the "Lemonade boy" was that bad. She clearly didn't know his name. I wonder if Braunwyn had ever even met John's kids. She also didn't demand he go inside and get her husband, she asked him and I'm pretty sure she said please. 

I hope this season starts getting fun soon. 

She still might have said that, but they did not get it on film. I think she's tricky that way 

IDK who Brawn asked to go to the meeting with her, but I think she thought it would give them a better understanding of what people are going through. I think she needs to take a break from these girls for a short while because they drink too much. It seems they've all made absolute fools of themselves when they're drunk. I think brawn should hold a small luncheon and have no alcohol and let them all just talk and enjoy each other. If they hate that, than that shows they're alcoholics too.

Of the current crop, the only one like is Gina.

Kelly is too crass and vulger for my taste.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Shannon is,also sort of blending families. Her bf's grown children spend an awful lot of time at her place.

they are not living together and that's my idea of blending.  shannon has stated she will not have a man live with her until they are at a marrying stage has stated they are not at that stage.

Edited by jaybird2
correct spelling
  • Love 4

Why was Matt weirdly breathless on his speakerphone call with Gina?  Sounded like he was spanking the salami or something... *shudder*

Why does everyone keep saying that Gina is "struggling"?  It sounds like Elizabeth was legitimately poor growing up.  Gina, on the other hand, seems solidly middle class.  At least.  

ANOTHER VOW RENEWAL GOOD LORD WHY.

• Love 2

This is a minor thing but re: the mezuzah, I feel like it's weird to bring a gift to someone and then take it upon yourself to hang it up without asking them if that's what they want.  Also agree that it's 100% weird to ask your acquaintances to come to your AA meetings with you.  In summary, Braunwyn + husband really do seem like a team of narcissists. 

Why are the men on these shows always the absolute worst? 

• Love 2
On 11/5/2020 at 5:49 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

I don't get WWHL, so thanks for sharing that. I can't stand JM, but apparently she is even more of an idiot than I already thought. I thought she was a fan of this show? In any case good on Emily for giving it too her.  I might add, as someone who has always liked Shane  (table of very few, I know) I enjoyed seeing he and Emily at Shannon's party, obviously in a good place. Good for them. 

I´m so at that table with you. He has horrible moments as a husband but I still like him and I think he´s really funny.

• Love 2

On 11/12/2020 at 5:50 AM, antfitz said:

OMG you have to read what Jeana keough says about Tamra and Vicki. I believe her because you know Vicki and Tamra lie all the time.  I never want to see them on another show. It turns out that Vicky was not the OG. Or the basis for the show.  Jenna Lived by the producer ...he was her neighbor... and he decided to show her family because the kids were sports oriented and her husband was a baseball player, and she had been a playboy  Centerfold etc.  Anyway those 2 bitches squeezed her out of the show.  Jeana keough explains how she helped pick the rest of the housewives in that 1st season. And I believe her, because she's never lied on the show. Whereas Vicki and Tamra like constantly.  They would not know the truth if it smacked him in the head. If you can, read Jenna Keogh's comments.  You would have to Google it.

I wish Jeana lasted on the show longer. I find her more interesting than Vicki and Tamra. 

I believe Shannon about not saying Gina's house was sad. She has never been cruel about anyone. 

• Like 1