Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

I truly think that if Bravo had footage of Shannon saying "sad", they would air it. Anytime a HW lies about something and they have footage showing the truth, they air it. Remember Ramona and all the lies at the Angel Ball they kept cutting back to last season on RHONY? So either Braunwyn is lying and Shannon never said it or Shannon said it off camera. I'm leaning more toward Shannon saying it because she is protesting a little too much. Either way, it's a stupid argument and I hope they let it go.

Unpopular opinion: I didn't think the "Lemonade boy" was that bad. She clearly didn't know his name. I wonder if Braunwyn had ever even met John's kids. She also didn't demand he go inside and get her husband, she asked him and I'm pretty sure she said please. 

I hope this season starts getting fun soon. 

• Love 6

i don't understand why braunie is asking random people to attend an AA meeting.  if i were in AA and someone brought a friend i would be pretty upset.  i thought  AA was based on anonymity and they don't use last names.  it isn't a spectator sport

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
6 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

I truly think that if Bravo had footage of Shannon saying "sad", they would air it. Anytime a HW lies about something and they have footage showing the truth, they air it. Remember Ramona and all the lies at the Angel Ball they kept cutting back to last season on RHONY? So either Braunwyn is lying and Shannon never said it or Shannon said it off camera. I'm leaning more toward Shannon saying it because she is protesting a little too much. Either way, it's a stupid argument and I hope they let it go.

Unpopular opinion: I didn't think the "Lemonade boy" was that bad. She clearly didn't know his name. I wonder if Braunwyn had ever even met John's kids. She also didn't demand he go inside and get her husband, she asked him and I'm pretty sure she said please. 

Bravo shows the clips when it works for their storyline - eventually they’ll replay Shannon’s visit to Braunwyn’s new house.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

On Rick and sex, what Kelly doesn't realize is when you hit menopause, your sex drive takes a HUGE hit.  Or at least mine did.  In peri-menopause, I felt like a teenager -- always ready for sex with my boyfriend.  My libido is so much different now versus a year ago.  So now I keep hoping that my boyfriend's libido goes down too or mine goes back up!  It sucks.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, jaybird2 said:

i don't understand why braunie is asking random people to attend an AA meeting.  if i were in AA and someone brought a friend i would be pretty upset.  i thought  AA was based on anonymity and they don't use last names.  it isn't a spectator sport

Yes!  And I would want it to feel safe.  Like, you may be my friend but maybe you don’t need to know x.  Her getting sober is more exhausting than me opening the Grigio to watch the shit show 

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
On 11/5/2020 at 9:12 AM, Silver Bells said:

If all this bullshit is the best Bravo can do, it’s time to call it a day.  I don’t want to see or hear anymore of Brownstone & husband .  They are unwatchable and boring, and their storyline sucks.  Maybe some people like it .. I don’t know.

I figured it couldn't get any more tedious than the unending "SadGate" non-controversy until they started obsessing over a glass sitting at the bottom of a shallow pool.  It wasn't even broken.  Just reach in and pull it out, for Christ's sake.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

I figured it couldn't get any more tedious than the unending "SadGate" non-controversy until they started obsessing over a glass sitting at the bottom of a shallow pool.  It wasn't even broken.  Just reach in and pull it out, for Christ's sake.

Exactly!  They acted like she threw a piranha in there and nobody could remove it!  They clutch their pearls at the dumbest things.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, jaybird2 said:

She wants them there so they can film here going to the meeting and talking after. Like Luann and Sonja.  I lol'd when Emily was talking about how Brown Wind's husband has to be around all the time and how he'd come over to Kelly's with her. Next thing you know He's toting Brown Wind on a bike to Kelly's. And he totally wanted Brown Wind to return to Shannon's party so he could be on camera longer.

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
10 hours ago, Pattycake2 said:

AA has some open meetings where family and friends are welcome to attend. 

I would think they'd be in favor of it, to a degree. If were going to my first AA meeting(s), I think it would be helpful to have someone with me until I became more comfortable in the situation. If it helps people find the courage to attend meetings and find help with their addictions, I don't see a problem (assuming they are well behaved and respectful, and there are no space restrictions)

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Particularly Kelly "No Filter Whatsoever" Dodd.

I just can't see her keeping her mouth shut during an AA meeting.

I am cracking up at the ear thought of Kelly calling someone a drunk loser. LOL

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
On 11/4/2020 at 6:54 PM, TexasGal said:

Why is Bronte trying to get everyone to go to AA meetings with her.  Is that a thing?  I mean, especially thinking that GIna is going to go with her and then they’ll get coffee - when they are barely getting along?

Maybe she wants to talk her into a threesome lol

• LOL 7

Browny wants a ho wife at her AA meetings so Bravo will film it.   Kelly would definitely take a flask and she wouldn't be able to keep her chuckles quiet when a member shared.   

OMG, who cares if Shannon did say Gina's house is sad.   Thank God these idiots aren't on RHNY.  Being called a snake, slut and pediphile was an every day occurrence.   Gina didn't seem to mind, so what is the big deal.   Boring!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 11/5/2020 at 2:00 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

Not liking her and Gina is getting on my last nerve. Ugh...her sloppy house, her sloppy looking outfits and combative personality are just obnoxious. Not fat shaming but Gina has gained quite a bit of weight...it's really noticable when you see the opening to the show and they use her photo from last season. I wonder if this new guy is taking advantage of her and is just with her for the rent free accommodations...seems sketchy to me.

I’ll gladly fat shame Gina because I dunno *why* her suddenly beefy ass is even still on this show looking/acting as dumpy as she does...between the bad extensions, the “sad” little condo, the lack of style and her generally slobbish demeanor/diction, the fact that she’s noticeably packed on what looks like at least 20 extra pounds isn’t even the worst of her many offenses. She also isn’t even any fun to watch, unlike similarly sloppy/hardly wealthy Sonja on NYC. 

My husband used to have the hots for Gina on her first season, so once he saw her this past episode he yelped in shock, “Holy shit, that gal porked out!”

Obviously she’s not remotely ‘fat’ at all and I LOVE the fact that we’re seeing more realistically-sized women on the RH franchise. My point is that I don’t watch “Real Housewives” to watch dumpy-looking broads with dubious bank accounts and bad hair/clothes in sad condos full of kids lumbering around on my screen. Like even back when Shannon gained all that weight a few seasons ago, she still maintained an upscale lifestyle and was her usual oddly endearing self.

I have some glam female neighbors who are better-looking/styled and living better than Gina, for chrissakes. There’s still an element of necessary escapism and aspiration with RH series. And while Emily and the new girl are both thicker than the usual size 0-2 RH’s, at least they have a certain amount of obvious wealth and/or career goals to offer and just carry themselves better.

Of course, the OC really hasn’t provided much in terms of aspiration since Heather Dubrow left anyway, so I shouldn’t be too surprised to see the less than ideal likes of schluby Gina and hateful hag Kelly still on there. But at least Kelly keeps herself up physically, has some sort of professional drive and is brutally funny now and then. What’s Gina’s excuse?

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
47 minutes ago, watcherwoman said:

Browny wants a ho wife at her AA meetings so Bravo will film it. 

I doubt they allow filming at Alcoholic Anonymous.

I think she wants Gina to go with her to "soften" her up before they go to coffee so that Gina is more inclined to be sympathetic, allowing Braunwyn a greater chance of controlling the direction of the conversation.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 11/6/2020 at 11:20 AM, MaggieG said:

I think all she had to say was, "Excuse me, would you mind..."  Not to mention, he clearly found it insulting as he retold that to Shannon's daughter who also found it rude.

Then the other thing I noticed is she kept directing others to bring the person to her.  Get off your ass, go get whomever you wish to speak to!

• Love 10
3 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I would think they'd be in favor of it, to a degree. If were going to my first AA meeting(s), I think it would be helpful to have someone with me until I became more comfortable in the situation. If it helps people find the courage to attend meetings and find help with their addictions, I don't see a problem (assuming they are well behaved and respectful, and there are no space restrictions)

sorry but i totally disagree.  AA was founded on total anonymity and people have sponsors.  there is still a stigma attached to dependency.  people could loose their jobs 

Edited by jaybird2
clarity (almost, may have made an a-s of myself
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 11/4/2020 at 6:54 PM, TexasGal said:

Why is Bronte trying to get everyone to go to AA meetings with her.  Is that a thing?  I mean, especially thinking that GIna is going to go with her and then they’ll get coffee - when they are barely getting along?

I think as to Gina, because Brauny wants to make up with her she extended the invitation to go to AA together.  At Shannon's housewarming, after Brauny told Gina she was 30-days sober, Gina said "well I'm 3 days sober" or something similar.  Plus not long before filming started, Gina was charged with a DUI and it's possible part of her sentence included attending a certain number of AA meetings.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Useful 3
On 11/5/2020 at 7:44 AM, Silver Bells said:

I have to go out and get me a sexy black slip to walk around the house in.  Do they come in 1X ?

LOL - many of those little boutiques in Newport and Corona del Mar don't stock sizes larger than a 6.  My daughter and I went window shopping one day and stepped into one place where the only sizes there were 0-4.  After leaving, we both wondered if there were really that many women size 0-4 shopping there, or if it was some kind of money laundering front (we make each other laugh being cynical like that).

• LOL 12
On 11/5/2020 at 8:11 AM, SweetieDarling said:

IIRC, Gina showed Tamra the text, who told her he was fishing for a threesome, and Tamra then told Braunwyn, who is making a thing out of it. GIna admits being weirded out by it, but she's not the one bringing it up or dwelling on it.

Gina's not even upset about whether or not Shannon said her house is sad, with Shannon or Braunwyn, so I don't get why she's so hell bent on getting Shannon to admit to saying it when she allegedly said she'd deny it, and no one else cares. jmo.

Thank you for pointing these things out -- seems like those facts get lost in all the snipes going back and forth.

• Love 3
On 11/5/2020 at 8:51 AM, Silver Bells said:

Sure, everything’s great in the beginning, especially if you have a “ yes” man .. until it isn’t.  Rick is giving up his life in N.Y.C. where he’s been working for Fox for years.  When he can’t keep up with Kelly after awhile, who knows.  What was wrong with the last husband?

Kelly and Mike needled each other to death constantly and could never seem to give it a rest.  I believe it was Kelly who called it quits but I could be wrong about that.  She was usually the worse offender of the two.

• Love 4
On 11/5/2020 at 11:38 AM, AryasMum said:

Braunwyn’s calling of Shannon’s boyfriend’s son “Lemonade Boy” was a little rude, but I doubt she was introduced to him. Should she have said, “Hey you”?  Plus, she didn’t command him to find her husband, she asked him. 

Kelly’s words to the same kid were worse, in my opinion, “Go bob for it, kid”.  Plus, Kelly’s sudden concern for the “children” is laughable. 

I am no Braunwyn fan. I find her reactionary, insecure, too eager to please, and completely unaware of who she really is as a person. But something about her struggles makes me involuntarily sympathetic.  It has to be difficult to be sober for the first time in your life, and deal with the emotions you’ve been numbing since your early teens.  

Not a Brauny fan either, but I find myself thinking the same thing.  Her trying to white-knuckle this all on her own must be hell.  I wish the show would have given Brauny the directive to check in to an inpatient clinic, drastically reduce the time she has to be on camera, and maybe change her platform on the show to one or two segments each episode highlighting and catching up with her progress until she can be back on the show as a regular. 

It was almost painful to see the 17-year old daughter and the teenage son with real problems themselves.  The daughter looked like she's been ill or something with those obvious dark circles around her eyes.  The son is obviously embarking on a lifestyle that will require some mature coping skills.  Plus if he's going to dress as a woman then he needs some intensive coaching on how to move like one or he's just going to look like a clown.

• Love 4
On 11/5/2020 at 8:51 AM, nexxie said:

I think it was when Shannon went over to Braunwyn’s - as I recall, she said “It’s sad,” meaning the divorce situation. As Sean said in tonight’s episode, it wasn’t meant in a bad way (he was there). Problem is, his wife repeated it to Emily differently, and then Emily repeated it differently. Like that old telephone gossip game. Yes, Bravo should show all these clips - but seems to be using it as a big (stupid) storyline.

Just watched Ep. 1 and I was wrong - what Shannon said about Gina’s place is that it’s a townhouse, and about Gina’s situation, “It’s a lot.” If she also mentioned sad or depressing, it wasn’t in this episode - but Sean was home, so we may find out there was more said than we’ve seen.

Also, in her TH Shannon said Gina’s place is small but she’s done a lot with it, while Shannon was still in boxes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 11/5/2020 at 12:42 PM, Silver Bells said:

Being Shannon is head honcho now, does that give her the right to scream and yell like Vikie used to do?  Bring it down a few decimals Shannon.  You’re not all that.  You sound like a fish wife.

Shannon has really gotten wound up tight over this piddling issue of Brauny saying she called Gina's townhouse "sad".  I am liking her boyfriend after seeing him in action, how attentive he is when she's talking, sharing his observations about what she's said and yet not telling her what to do or think.  Seems like a grounded, intelligent guy and how did she get so lucky?  She should count her blessings and stop giving life to the stupid ravings of Brauny by considering the source.  I mean, why even GAF what Brauny thinks or says?  Shannon can maintain forever that she never said it without digging in her heels and getting herself all worked up over it, which is what makes me think the whole thing is probably producer driven.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 6
On 11/5/2020 at 8:59 PM, Misslindsey said:

I do not mind Shane either. I always thought he just seems awkward around the cameras. 

I will be at my table for one in liking Gina. I enjoyed her most of last season, and am really liking her this season. She seems to be self deprecating.

Misslindsey, I'll sit with you.  I think Gina has talked sense most of the time and I respect the fact that she picked herself up and got her shit together after, as she termed it, "the worst thing that's ever happened to me".

• Love 10
On 11/6/2020 at 8:20 AM, MaggieG said:

Brauny:  Hey uh, Lemonade Boy, could you get my husband? 

Lemonade Boy:  Okay.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I had to laugh at Emily's TH where she gleefully observes that she's relieved to not be the one crying and throwing things this time, and was happy to pass the torch.

Poor Brauny - she looked like one exposed raw nerve during the party and afterward.  It's got to suck.  She could sure use a doctor's help, no foolin'.  I cracked up, though, when Kelly sat down next to Brauny on the little couch outside at the party.  I get the feeling that there was a significant amount of conversation edited from the exchange between Kelly and Brauny that ended with Kelly saying "shake it off" and both of them laughing.  I got a kick out of Sean and Brauny on their walk home from the party, when Brauny says "Kelly was being real on the couch -- she wasn't being kind, she was being honest.  But I'll take that."

I love seeing Kelly's new house.  I enjoyed the Mezuza hanging scene.  Being married to a Jewish man, there are a lot of new things she'll be learning.  I was surprised to hear her say she learned how to make matzo ball soup and potato latkes.

All the scenes from the party that didn't include Brauny looked like everyone was able to get past the earlier dust-up and have a good time.  Shannon's dad, the randy old coot, looks good for 90.  The fans have been dying to see more scenes like the girls being tipsy, laughing and doing things like poking good natured fun at Shannon's huge portrait in the gym, and Gina and Emily lounging in the big soaker bathtub.

I have to give Brauny credit - girl knows how to own her bad behavior and make a proper apology.  Witnessing the several awkward exchanges between her and her kids on this episode alone, it looks to me that she has a long way to go to get up to speed on her Mom game.  What is keeping sad-gate alive, is Brauny's insistence that she's right about what Shannon said without considering the possibility she misinterpreted what she heard.  I believe Shannon is more justified in refusing to back down over being called a liar. 

I understand the frustration of the fans who are losing interest in the HW shows not so much because of the interactions of the cast, but that these thin story lines are dragged out to absurd lengths and bog down everything when there are parties like Shannon's housewarming that can work to help the show/story lines keep moving along.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

love seeing Kelly's new house.  I enjoyed the Mezuza hanging scene.  Being married to a Jewish man, there are a lot of new things she'll be learning.  I was surprised to hear her say she learned how to make matzo ball soup and 

I’ve been married to a Jewish man for over 25 years and have no idea how to make matzo ball soup - kudos to Kelly for that.

My Jewish husband’s favorite foods are pork and ham, so there’s my excuse.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

Shannon has really gotten wound up tight over this piddling issue of Brauny saying she called Gina's townhouse "sad". 

Yes, LET IT GO!!!!  Nobody cares.  As a product of a "broken home" I think it IS sad.  While I understand there are joint custody arrangements, three kids to a room based on gender is kinda fucked up.  Where do they put their stuff?  Where do they go to study, etc.?  This is more like a summer two-week scout camp arrangement.  I think if I were the kids, I'd be pretty miserable.  Too much, too soon forced togetherness.

I guess I've been thinking a little too much about this (too close to home) and her job is to take care of her kids.  Not her boyfriend and his kids.  Seriously, date your boyfriend, sleep with your boyfriend but keep your young kids outside of this particular arrangement.  This isn't fun and exciting for them.  This is their world falling apart and Mommy chooses a guy and kids over them.  Now that is a definition of "sad" I can get behind.

Well, we know she has poor judgment (DUI) and this is another manifestation of it.  I really, really feel sorry for her kids.  

Edited by albarino
  • Love 12

If the ‘incident’ everyone is fighting over wasn’t filmed, then any conversation concerning it shouldn’t air. It’s so annoying to spend week after week on an accusation that can’t be proven. 

• Love 8

No one should be inviting friends to AA.  It’s a private and very personal thing.  I went though treatment and opted out of AA , but went to WFS instead.  It was a very closed circle and most of us are damaged and closed off to begin with.  It’s not a bring your friends kind of thing.  The journey is all in you.  It’s no one else’s responsibility to enable you.  Bronwyn should quit the show.  

I also can’t hate on Kelly for her response to the COVID.  I felt the same way early on.  Until they called out school here.  It still took a bit for it to sink in.  🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

I think as to Gina, because Brauny wants to make up with her she extended the invitation to go to AA together.  At Shannon's housewarming, after Brauny told Gina she was 30-days sober, Gina said "well I'm 3 days sober" or something similar.  Plus not long before filming started, Gina was charged with a DUI and it's possible part of her sentence included attending a certain number of AA meetings.

It was Kelly who blurted out “I’m 3 days sober,” not Gina.  Not sure why she would be..

• Love 2
On 11/6/2020 at 11:23 AM, jaybird2 said:

Probably just for the show - since B spoke with producers about her alcoholism being a storyline and they were all for it, they might have asked her to invite others to the meetings.

• Useful 2
On 11/6/2020 at 10:23 AM, jaybird2 said:

I don’t know what type of meetings B is attending, but there are open and closed ones. Closed meeting are only for people who have “a desire to stop drinking,” which is the only requirement to attend AA. She should not invite friends or family to closed meetings (unless they’re struggling with alcohol and have indicated they want to stop drinking).

However, anyone can attend open meetings, so those are the ones family members sometimes attend. Speaker meetings are also usually open meetings. 

I’m assuming if she is inviting people then she’s going to open meetings. Or maybe she’s trying to drop a hint to Kelly about her drinking LOL. 

These women all drink a lot. Any of them could be problem drinkers or alcoholics. It’s hard to tell due to the way the show is edited. But we’ve seen Kelly and Shannon drinking excessively too. I think there were even comments about Shannon’s drinking a few seasons ago. But it’s up to the individual to decide if she has a problem and wants to stop drinking and/or attend AA. 

Agree with others who’ve said B should quit this show. I really don’t think this show will help her sobriety in any way. In fact, it may very well hurt it.

I also can’t figure out her relationship with her husband. There is an odd dynamic between them. They don’t seem like a couple who’ve been together a long time ago and have a bunch of kids. They seem friendly enough but detached from each other. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 11/5/2020 at 12:48 PM, Cosmocrush said:

Hahaha I saw that!   It was so bad Andy dropped the game.   But then I can't stand McCarthy so I wasn't too surprised.   Emily looked the best I've ever seen her and handled it graciously.  

What was funnier was the fact that I asked the husband “who the hell is that blonde” on with Emily, and he said Jenny McCarthy.  You could have knocked me down with a feather .. she looked like another person with that new face.  Unrecognizable!!!!  What a dumb ass.  She looked much older !  Scary face.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, albarino said:

Yes, LET IT GO!!!!  Nobody cares.  As a product of a "broken home" I think it IS sad.  While I understand there are joint custody arrangements, three kids to a room based on gender is kinda fucked up.  Where do they put their stuff?  Where do they go to study, etc.?  This is more like a summer two-week scout camp arrangement.  I think if I were the kids, I'd be pretty miserable.  Too much, too soon forced togetherness.

I guess I've been thinking a little too much about this (too close to home) and her job is to take care of her kids.  Not her boyfriend and his kids.  Seriously, date your boyfriend, sleep with your boyfriend but keep your young kids outside of this particular arrangement.  This isn't fun and exciting for them.  This is their world falling apart and Mommy chooses a guy and kids over them.  Now that is a definition of "sad" I can get behind.

Well, we know she has poor judgment (DUI) and this is another manifestation of it.  I really, really feel sorry for her kids.  

So do I.  Shannon is so hyper and crazy these days.  I think she’s trying to get one up on David pretending that everything is fine and good with the Brady Bunch situation.  She’s not doing any favors for her girls at this crucial time of their lives.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I’ve been married to a Jewish man for over 25 years and have no idea how to make matzo ball soup - kudos to Kelly for that.

My Jewish husband’s favorite foods are pork and ham, so there’s my excuse.

My Mother’s best friend was Jewish and we learned to eat fresh herring wrapped in butcher paper with or without sour cream and rye bread.  Mother made the best honey cake, and we ate potato pancakes with sour cream every Friday.  Oh, and borscht soup with fresh beets.  How I miss her.  Now, I have to make the sauce, meatballs and sausage, lasagna, manicotti, etc. haha.  Not that I’m complaining.  Different cultures .. different foods.  I give Kelly A for trying.  Rick seems good for her.  P.S.  fresh chicken soup is just as good as matzo ball.  Plenty of fresh dill and fine egg noodles do the trick.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
58 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

What was funnier was the fact that I asked the husband “who the hell is that blonde” on with Emily, and he said Jenny McCarthy.  You could have knocked me down with a feather .. she looked like another person with that new face.  Unrecognizable!!!!  What a dumb ass.  She looked much older !  Scary face.

OMG!  I didn’t watch, but when I was talking to my friend the next day she had watched and she said something about Jim Carey’s ex-wife and I was like oh Jenny McCarthy.  And she was like no, it wasn’t her.  I’m like YES IT WAS.  She said well it didn’t look like her, I know who she is.  😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

OMG!  I didn’t watch, but when I was talking to my friend the next day she had watched and she said something about Jim Carey’s ex-wife and I was like oh Jenny McCarthy.  And she was like no, it wasn’t her.  I’m like YES IT WAS.  She said well it didn’t look like her, I know who she is.  😂

Watch WWHL before they take it off, and you tell me.  Scary.

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

Ha, yes!  She looked TERRIBLE. 

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Steph J said:

I doubt they allow filming at Alcoholic Anonymous.

I think she wants Gina to go with her to "soften" her up before they go to coffee so that Gina is more inclined to be sympathetic, allowing Braunwyn a greater chance of controlling the direction of the conversation.

Even if they can't film the inside, Browny seems to love putting her business out there.  Having another HO wife join her in AA, keeps the topic in front of the viewers.  I think Browny loves that attention.

• Love 4

Brown wind wanting someone to go to AA with her is odd. It comes off like she doesn't want to go alone and needs someone to sit with. Miss not independent hasn't mentioned a sponsor or anyone she's connected with at meetings. There has been no talk of working the steps of the program or reference to the teachings. Not one utterance of the one day at a time philosophy or reference to making amends. I believe Brown wind and Sean pop into the occasional meeting, but it doesn't appear she's actually embracing the program. Her sobriety seems to be more on the surface level... The alcohol caused her problems and all will be well if she stays sober. Until she deals with issues that caused her drink to numb the pain, she will always look for something to fill the hole. If not booze, then pills, food, sex, another baby...

• Love 4
On 11/5/2020 at 1:40 PM, ChitChat said:

He's in lust, er love right now, so he's probably willing to do anything to please her.  Plus, she brags about his sexual prowess, so I'm sure that he's loving that!  I wonder what Kelly's going to do when Rick gets transferred out there because I don't see him sitting around the house all day catering to her.  He's got his career to attend to.   Apparently as long as he can "get it up," she'll be happy.    

Rick might be over it after the lust fades, but he could be a true yes man. I was married to a man for 8 years that never said no to me. His whole philosophy was that if I was happy he was happy. That didn't waver when it came to sex... seriously, dude would get blisters on his tongue! I decided everything in the relationship...how we would spend our money, where we would live, what we would do, who we hung out with, where he worked...and he just smiled and said whatever you want babe. In true bitch fashion, I walked all over him and eventually started to see him as spineless and boring. Even after I asked for a separation and got pregnant by another man, he wanted to stay married and raise the child with me. My friends and family couldn't believe that I would divorce this man who treated me like a queen. Sometimes I can't believe it myself. But the truth is, I was Kelly dodd toxic in that relationship dynamic. I see a lot of my ex in Rick. He might hang in for as long as she wants to treat him like shit.

Disclaimer...this was 30 years ago and not the dynamic in my other relationships. Don't want to leave the impression that my personality is similar to Kelly's. 🤢

• Love 5

On 11/7/2020 at 7:09 AM, JD5166 said:

I am cracking up at the ear thought of Kelly calling someone a drunk loser. LOL

I'm going straight to hell because I am too!

On 11/7/2020 at 8:38 AM, Sun-Bun said:

I’ll gladly fat shame Gina because I dunno *why* her suddenly beefy ass is even still on this show looking/acting as dumpy as she does...between the bad extensions, the “sad” little condo, the lack of style and her generally slobbish demeanor/diction, the fact that she’s noticeably packed on what looks like at least 20 extra pounds isn’t even the worst of her many offenses. She also isn’t even any fun to watch, unlike similarly sloppy/hardly wealthy Sonja on NYC. 

My husband used to have the hots for Gina on her first season, so once he saw her this past episode he yelped in shock, “Holy shit, that gal porked out!”

Obviously she’s not remotely ‘fat’ at all and I LOVE the fact that we’re seeing more realistically-sized women on the RH franchise. My point is that I don’t watch “Real Housewives” to watch dumpy-looking broads with dubious bank accounts and bad hair/clothes in sad condos full of kids lumbering around on my screen. Like even back when Shannon gained all that weight a few seasons ago, she still maintained an upscale lifestyle and was her usual oddly endearing self.

I have some glam female neighbors who are better-looking/styled and living better than Gina, for chrissakes. There’s still an element of necessary escapism and aspiration with RH series. And while Emily and the new girl are both thicker than the usual size 0-2 RH’s, at least they have a certain amount of obvious wealth and/or career goals to offer and just carry themselves better.

Of course, the OC really hasn’t provided much in terms of aspiration since Heather Dubrow left anyway, so I shouldn’t be too surprised to see the less than ideal likes of schluby Gina and hateful hag Kelly still on there. But at least Kelly keeps herself up physically, has some sort of professional drive and is brutally funny now and then. What’s Gina’s excuse?

Sun-Bun, your post had me guffawing from beginning to end! 

About a decade ago, a friend B once said another friend of ours, D, was "such a WASP", & rolled her eyes while saying it. I never told D what B said about her, but somehow it came up between B & me a month or so later. B completely denied ever having said that, & was furious with me for saying she did. Neither of us were drinking at the time, & she absolutely, positively did say it. Drives me crazy to this very day how she was so outraged that I'd "accuse her of something she'd never, ever say!"  Bitch, you said it. I'd bet my own life on it. So if Shannon really did say it (no idea if she did) I totally understand Braunwyn's frustration...

• Love 3