Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E04: Week 4

• Start Topic

37 minutes ago, TVMovieBuff said:

I do too, despite how she rushed this. I kind of feel sorry for Clare. She is too beautiful a woman to get this desperate over a guy. 

I don't like that the show forced a proposal. I don't find it necessary. Clare & Dale could have just left and said now we go on and have a fabulous love affair that everyone hopes turns into a marriage.

Dala really does have tiny ears! Clare's are bigger than his!

I think they did it mainly to mess with them because they were annoyed they wasted so much time and effort on Claire, and then realized they should have expected her to do something like this.  Though I agree about the proposal not needing to happen, I can't blame them messing around with Claire and Dale a bit, lol.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ranchgirl said:

Thank you for finding this and bringing it here.  Claire even had the same narrative this time around.  I remember when Deanna was visiting with Claire and she was telling Claire how it felt to meet "the one" and Claire acted like she had never had that experience.   I'm glad she captured Dale and is gone.  

Wow, that is like a repeat of what we just basically saw.  And this is why noone really believes her...lol

• Love 1
2 hours ago, rebel2u said:

As excited as Clare was about the ring this season, and as much as she couldn't take her eyes off it, I'm pretty sure she went to bed the night of the proposal crooning to her ring as she clutched it tight to her chest, "We'll never be parted again. We'll always be together."  lol.

Well, this is not her first Neil Lane diamond!! 

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, OnTime said:

How many total hours does everyone think Clare spent alone with Dale before the proposal?

Don't count him being in the room with other people waiting for a rose!

I'm guessing 12 hours total.  

Usually final ones have 2 one on one dates, home town date, fantasy date and last chance date that adds up to about 36 hours so Clare & Dale are about 1/3 of usual time.   

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, TVMovieBuff said:

I do too, despite how she rushed this. I kind of feel sorry for Clare. She is too beautiful a woman to get this desperate over a guy. 

I don't like that the show forced a proposal. I don't find it necessary. Clare & Dale could have just left and said now we go on and have a fabulous love affair that everyone hopes turns into a marriage.

Dala really does have tiny ears! Clare's are bigger than his!

It kinda had to end in a proposal.  The goal of the show is to end in a proposal.  If their love was so  special and different that they had to break the rules of the show, a proposal is the only way to make Claire look semi-sympathetic,    Otherwise what was the point?  She could have continued with the show and still had her fabulous love affair.   She's not the first contestant to "know" pretty early who they would pick in the end.   The others were just professional enough to continue to be courteous and friendly to other contestants and fulfil the requirements of the show.   

• Love 12

The first thing I noticed about Dale were his tiny ears... He's good-looking otherwise, but I wonder if that didn't limit his modeling career. He may have the first stage of microtia, a congenital defect.

Clare screams desperation. I feel bad for her, unless this new relationship actually defies expectations. Then more power to her!

That said, she was rank not apologizing to the rest of the guys. Chris had to do it for her. Screaming "I won't apologize for love!" isn't good enough. They wasted their time and hopes on you, and you didn't give any of them a chance from the start. That deserves an apology. She acts like a teenager, despite her 39 years of experience. And if I never hear "showed up" used again on this show, I will be glad.

Super glad Chris forced a proposal from the pair. They deserved it, LOL.

The guys better give Taisha a chance.

Edited by Andromeda
more thots
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Sort of like that season where Brit and someone else were voted on for B-ette, and when Brit lost, some guys bailed. (Obviously, I can't remember the name of the winner of that vote, who went on to have the whole season to herself.)

Katelyn Bristowe

• Useful 2

Yes, thank you @OnTime for bringing the Benoit proposal footage. I'd heard Clare was engaged previously but I skipped the whole Winter Games thing, so I hadn't seen this proposal or known anything about Benoit. Wow, what an eye-opener. Virtually identical what with the theme being Clare all so strong and never giving up on love, but at least it seems this proposal was engineered by Benoit instead of by Chris Harrison. 

I will presume at this point that once upon a time, Benoit's father hitchhiked to see Benoit's mother after a first glance across a crowded room. Or something. 

Edited by Arkay
  • LOL 21
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, alexa said:

I think they did it mainly to mess with them because they were annoyed they wasted so much time and effort on Claire, and then realized they should have expected her to do something like this.  Though I agree about the proposal not needing to happen, I can't blame them messing around with Claire and Dale a bit, lol.  

As a member of the viewing public, I personally enjoyed that they forced their hands. Why they chose to make a 39 year old middle school girl the bachelorette in the first place is beyond my comprehension?

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

As a member of the viewing public, I personally enjoyed that they forced their hands. Why they chose to make a 39 year old middle school girl the bachelorette in the first place is beyond my comprehension?

Absolutely, except I feel it's only Dale's hand that was forced. Clare was in manic happy mode. 

As one who taught middle school for 25 years, that's exactly what I hear when Clare speaks to the other men. "Does Dale like me? Check [Y] or [N]! What did he say about me? Does he think I'm pretty? Dale & Clare💘💘💘💘" etc. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, Arkay said:

Absolutely, except I feel it's only Dale's hand that was forced. Clare was in manic happy mode. 

That would have been the most awesome (and drah-mat-tic!) season ever if the season played all the way out, down to the final two bachelors, Dale and someone else. Clare sends Someone Else home at the proposal, and then Dale (not knowing the other guy got sent home) gets out of the limo, walks to where Clare is waiting, and tells her they could be friends but he wasn't ready to propose. (Juan Pablo!) Clare throws a hissy-fit tantrum and Dale says, "Whew, I'm glad I didn't pick her." End of season!

• Love 9

I wonder if Clare still gets her full salary for being the Bachelorette?  I could see the show thinking she didn't exactly give them what they were paying for.  Now they have to pay Tayshia and dress her.  I wonder if Tayshia can fit into Clare's gowns.

'

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I’m also fairly certain if Dale wasn’t there , Clare would have latched on to a different guy . She would have never lasted in this process because she’s so obsessed with the “ when you know you know “ narrative . 
I’m happy to say that when I met my now husband , I didn’t know instantly because I - wait for it - wanted to get to know his personality and everything about him before I claimed him as the one I’ll be with forever . Clare is fixated on having an amazing when you know you know love story rather than who the person is . 

She probably had the final four picked out after looking at their social media for months.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, OnTime said:

She probably had the final four picked out after looking at their social media for months.

Nah, I think she had eyes only for Dale. She was struck by Cupid’s arrow from his SM and couldn’t see past that. She was already a goner before he showed up. Next week Chris asks if they lied about not communicating before the show. Honestly, I’d feel more confident in the strength of this relationship if they did but even then, given what I’ve seen of Clare, that might just mean longer than Benoit’s 2 weeks but not till death do them apart Iike in her fairytale mind, not with what she’s basing this relationship on. He just seems to be going with the flow and enjoying his 15 minutes in the limelight by checking her boxes till the novelty runs out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

That would have been the most awesome (and drah-mat-tic!) season ever if the season played all the way out, down to the final two bachelors, Dale and someone else. Clare sends Someone Else home at the proposal, and then Dale (not knowing the other guy got sent home) gets out of the limo, walks to where Clare is waiting, and tells her they could be friends but he wasn't ready to propose. (Juan Pablo!) Clare throws a hissy-fit tantrum and Dale says, "Whew, I'm glad I didn't pick her." End of season!

And then Clare hisses, "I wouldn't want you to be the father of my children anyway!"  

• LOL 9
22 hours ago, leighdear said:

Did he actually say "ixnaying"??? 

I'm pretty sure he said "and exnaying."  That's definitely what it sounded like.  And I do some lip-reading, and "ex" and "ix" look different.  If you say "ex," the mouth just drops open.  When you say "ix," the sides of the mouth move outward, and his didn't do that. 

Or, that's what I do--I checked it in a mirror.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

And then Clare hisses, "I wouldn't want you to be the father of my children anyway

Are you the writers of UnReal?

• LOL 4
43 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:
  23 hours ago, leighdear said:

Did he actually say "ixnaying"??? 

43 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'm pretty sure he said "and exnaying."  That's definitely what it sounded like.  And I do some lip-reading, and "ex" and "ix" look different.  If you say "ex," the mouth just drops open.  When you say "ix," the sides of the mouth move outward, and his didn't do that. 

Or, that's what I do--I checked it in a mirror.

Statistical, I don't at all doubt your prowess, but what would he have meant by "and exnaying?" I semi-liked him until he said what I also think is "ixnaying," because I find it singularly unattractive for a grown man to resort to Pig Latin. 

• LOL 4
53 minutes ago, Arkay said:

Statistical, I don't at all doubt your prowess, but what would he have meant by "and exnaying?" I semi-liked him until he said what I also think is "ixnaying," because I find it singularly unattractive for a grown man to resort to Pig Latin. 

I think he didn't really know it's Pig Latin--just something he'd heard.  And he made it kind of an eggcorn, thinking the "ex" means "not" or something similarly tortured that often comes with eggcorns.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, dizzyd said:

Nah, I think she had eyes only for Dale. She was struck by Cupid’s arrow from his SM and couldn’t see past that. She was already a goner before he showed up. Next week Chris asks if they lied about not communicating before the show. Honestly, I’d feel more confident in the strength of this relationship if they did but even then, given what I’ve seen of Clare, that might just mean longer than Benoit’s 2 weeks but not till death do them apart Iike in her fairytale mind, not with what she’s basing this relationship on. He just seems to be going with the flow and enjoying his 15 minutes in the limelight by checking her boxes till the novelty runs out.

I'm sure Dale was her #1 but I still think she had a few others for potential backup. She wasn't going through her 5th bach show without her fairytale ending. However, she still had Dale set as her husband when he got out of the limo.

• Love 3

The "proposal" was anticlimactic for me. 

Dale is not a man of many words, it seems.

To me it is just a mistake to constantly be the one gushing over the other one. It's called "unequally yolked"  apparently. It throws things off balance. Dale knows she loves him more than he loves her and that can be empowering for him. I wish she would dial it back. A lot.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, dizzyd said:

He just seems to be going with the flow and enjoying his 15 minutes in the limelight by checking her boxes till the novelty runs out.

I just read a recap somewhere that said Dale appears to be mirroring everything Clare says. That seems as though it may be true. Dale did say that he was ready to fall in love with Clare through this process, but as soon as a proposal was mandatory and she poured herself out, he was down on one knee. In my mind, the fact that he started to rise without putting the ring on her finger seemed like he was half-heartedly going through the motions.  Of course she shoved him back down to demand that he do so. 

Although the recapper did go so far as to suggest that in this mirroring, Dale sort of made up the hitchhiking father story. I don't think so, though, because that would be really a preposterous thing to say if untrue. 

Bonus: Four days later, Dale really likes the way Clare "cooks" romaine lettuce. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 13
9 hours ago, OnTime said:

Well, this is not her first Neil Lane diamond!! 

Exactly!   That's what I meant by her holding it close to her chest.  She and the ring will be "as one."  She ain't losing out on this one!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I think Clare should have proposed to Dale.

She chose him, she decided to skip all the other dates, not give anyone else a chance. She decided she was in love, and the HE is told he has to propose, right now, get the ring, commit to the rest of your life. Why? Why can't the person making the decision be the one to propose? 

• Love 24

When Papa Chris came to visit Clare, after she did fiancée type stuff with Little Ears, she repeated almost every sentence two times. So I threw back a shot of Coke Zero, took one for the team and rewound. She did the same thing in the pre moan and bone talk. I don’t know what to say. I don’t know what to say. It was like crazy, it was like crazy.  What the crap Clare?! Has the tru lurve that showed up for you caused your brain to melt? My brain felt like the boring was doubled. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5

This season has been the most entertaining one so far within the past few years. I was howling when Chris Harrison came to speak to her and was strong-arming her to get engaged. The look in his eyes was almost threatening, he's not taking "no" for an answer. Even Clare looked taken a back when he said the proposal has to be "tonight". That was hilarious! I think she wanted to have her cake and eat it too and was hoping she would somehow be on the show longer. She didn't expect that they would try to push out her so soon. You can't blame the show either, they have no more time and money to waste on her. She knew what she was signing up for and she couldn't be a "good" Bachelorette, so they are ready to go with their backup waiting in the wings.

One thing I would miss about Clare is the eye candy she brings. She's a gorgeous woman and her hour glass figure rocks any outfit. It's a pity I won't have any more chance to see her rock those dresses and gowns. Tayshia is pretty but she's more top heavy and not as proportionate as Clare. YMMV.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, leighdear said:
21 hours ago, Suzysite said:

Well, this was filmed in July & August while California still had the 14 day quarantine requirements. 

And how else could they possibly get Tayshia there just in the nick of time to take over the SAME day?  

Seriously, anybody that thinks anything other than the reactions of the leftover guys was spontaneous needs to read up on the history of the franchise.  They script everything and not a single frame of film is left unedited.  

It's amazing that to this day, some people still think this is live TV.  

I agree and also why most of the men were much younger and also several black men. This was probably casted that way for Tayshia.  How do really know anything about Clare and Dale is real?  Like the story of their parents meeting could have been scripted.  Clare professes her love for Dale to Chris Harrison and he says the next step is a proposal?  Give me a break.  You don’t take anytime to make sure it’s true love and not just infatuation?  Assuming this is real and not scripted there is no way any guy would fall in love with someone who comes off as desperate as Clare.  They just find her hot and want to hook up.   Also Chris visiting them and calling for the rings is scripted.  He doesn’t decide the proposal has to happen.  He isn’t a producer is he? 

A lot of talk about how pretty Clare is,  she is but also has fake boobs, fake teeth, botoxed lips that especially in this episode her smile just seemed off like she couldn’t close her mouth.  She’s definitely attractive and I like that she isn’t super skinny but beauty doesn’t hold up when you don’t have the personality to back it up.  

Edited by Laurie4H
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Arkay said:

In my mind, the fact that he started to rise without putting the ring on her finger seemed like he was half-heartedly going through the motions.  Of course she shoved him back down to demand that he do so. 

What I was noticing was that she was bossing him around before the proposal was even over.  Benoit stood up to put the ring on her finger!  Maybe Dale's football knee was screaming.  I just didn't know there was a rule about when to place the ring.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Maybe that's what he meant, but I didn't hear it that way. I heard it as "What if she's dog meat, can I leave after I see her?"

Yeah....There's approximately zero percent chance that this show would cast some who is dog meat to be the Bachelorette. These guys signed up for a conventionally attractive blonde. The youthful, melanin-heavy casting does lead me to think this season was cast as much for Tayshia as for Clare, but I also believe that every season has a backup Bachelor/ette in the wings in case things go haywire. My main gripe is that Tayshia is going for the bleach-blonde Barbie girl look, which comes across as backup-Clare and not the beautiful black woman she is in her natural state.

ETA speculation about the "everything changes" part of the preview. Does Tayshia get a full cast from which to choose, or is she stuck with Clare's whittled down version of 16? Did the guys who didn't get a rose in the first few episodes really go home? I know in shows like The Amazing Race, eliminated contestants get sequestered at a resort until the competition is complete. Is Pandemic Bachelorette the same way? 

Edited by Sheikh Yerbouti
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Sheikh Yerbouti said:

I also believe that every season has a backup Bachelor/ette in the wings in case things go haywire.

I think they also have spare guys, alternates, waiting in the wings.  So I'm guessing a few will be trotted out to fill out Tayshia's cast. 

• Love 1

On BIP, they always have at least 3-5 extra people fly down to Mexico in case they need them.  They don't necessarily get on the show, but get the mini vacation.  All the shows have extra folks ready to go on, just in case. 

This show and the franchise have too much money invested and too many sponsors to account to for anything to be left to chance. 

• Love 4
On 11/5/2020 at 5:02 PM, CindyBee said:

Kenny the boy band manager is growing on me!   Gah I need help

Per his ABC bio, he's a boy band cover band manager. Not nearly as cool as managing original boy bands, IMO.

On 11/5/2020 at 8:57 PM, Back Atcha said:

It was disrespectful to drop the beautiful RED gown on the floor in a bunch to give us the impression they were just SO HOT TO TROT. 

I was appalled to see that beautiful gown in a heap on the floor. Everyone knows that when you come home in an evening gown and expect a night of romance, you hang up the gown and "slip into something more comfortable" first.

19 hours ago, Arkay said:

I will presume at this point that once upon a time, Benoit's father hitchhiked to see Benoit's mother after a first glance across a crowded room. Or something. 

Or more likely that he didn't and that's why Clare decided that it couldn't possibly work out with her and Benoit.

8 hours ago, Laurie4H said:

Also Chris visiting them and calling for the rings is scripted.  He doesn’t decide the proposal has to happen.  He isn’t a producer is he? 

He is an executive producer, and has been for many years now.

I found it hard to watch Clare being so desperate and ignoring all the signs that Dale isn't at all enthusiastic about her. I want to root for her, I really do, but she just keeps doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different outcome. This thing with Dale will be over within months and she'll be single again before her 40th birthday.

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I was appalled to see that beautiful gown in a heap on the floor. Everyone knows that when you come home in an evening gown and expect a night of romance, you hang up the gown and "slip into something more comfortable" first.

That's just Bachelor/ette status quo. Same as the gushing fountain and the montage of the birds and the bees, they always have a shot of the clothes strewn on the floor. In case we are all five years old and don't get it. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Sheikh Yerbouti said:

Does Tayshia get a full cast from which to choose, or is she stuck with Clare's whittled down version of 16? Did the guys who didn't get a rose in the first few episodes really go home?

What about the guy she didn't want to have dinner with? Can't remember his name. Chris Harrison showed up to tell him he was going home.

Wonder if he gets to come back!

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 11/6/2020 at 3:38 PM, After7Only said:

It kinda had to end in a proposal.  The goal of the show is to end in a proposal.  If their love was so  special and different that they had to break the rules of the show, a proposal is the only way to make Claire look semi-sympathetic,    Otherwise what was the point?  She could have continued with the show and still had her fabulous love affair.   She's not the first contestant to "know" pretty early who they would pick in the end.   The others were just professional enough to continue to be courteous and friendly to other contestants and fulfil the requirements of the show.   

Actuallyb , some of the contestants were full on making out and fooling around with the contestants until the last nite - i think i prefer this behavior than leading someone on. There have been some pretty shocked and hurt reactions at the final rose ceremony . I do hope it works out , i hope they are both really feeling they are in love . But I’m sappy like that .

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Arkay said:

That's just Bachelor/ette status quo. Same as the gushing fountain and the montage of the birds and the bees, they always have a shot of the clothes strewn on the floor. In case we are all five years old and don't get it. 

2 hours ago, leighdear said:

The "gown in a heap on the floor" was just as staged as everything else.  And they ALWAYS have that EXACT same shot the morning after a fantasy suite date.  

It's not about having clothes on the floor in general, it's about having a sequined/beaded evening gown on the floor. Dropping it in a heap like that can damage the gown. If the show borrowed it from the designer instead of paying for it, I'm sure the designer was none too happy to see their work treated like that.

• Love 4

Claire crazy and Dale basically got forced into that with no choice. Tyler was right when he said his BFF dodged a bullet.

It was relief to see her go and new Bachelorette come in. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

It's not about having clothes on the floor in general, it's about having a sequined/beaded evening gown on the floor. Dropping it in a heap like that can damage the gown. If the show borrowed it from the designer instead of paying for it, I'm sure the designer was none too happy to see their work treated like that.

Oh, I agree, chocolatine, it's potentially damaging to the gown. However, it's served its purpose. If it's designer then that person got plenty of national display already, and maybe it's even enhanced by being a dress that ended up being a "successful" f-me dress. Or it's a counterfeit one that was used just for the messaging. Who knows. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Question - do we know how many days Clare knew Dale before the engagement? 

I've read the engagement was on day 12 of the season but of course Clare wasn't with Dale the whole time.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

I've read the engagement was on day 12 of the season but of course Clare wasn't with Dale the whole time.

Thanks. A few things. Deanna did an interview and said she only had to quarantine for five days and have three negative tests to be there. So maybe Taysia only did five days as well? Her interview said she was there 48 hours after the call but she wouldn't answer directly how long she quarantined. Just talked about eating in her room for a while. I wonder if the 5-day/3-test thing was used with her as well. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Question - do we know how many days Clare knew Dale before the engagement? 

It depends on the what the word "knew" means. Did she "know" Dale since the day she started stalking him on social media or just "know" him from their supposed first introduction? An intro after which she proclaimed that she'd just met her husband? The timeline is very tenuous.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 3

I cringed when Clare proclaimed  "Clare Moss!" at the proposal. I hope this works out for her, if not it would be so embarrassing to look back at the over the top gushing. Who knows.. she spun the Benoit thing as being caught off guard and saying yes to him in public. If this doesn't work out, she may spin it that the producers coerced her into getting engaged. While that might be partially true, no one can really force anyone to get engaged on this show and all the gushing and hyperbole are directly from her mouth. 

Dale repeatedly saying he had "accepted it" after the proposal. He sounded resigned to his fate, at least for a couple of months.

Not a fan of Chris bringing Clare and Dale out again for a tell all next episode. They have had enough screen time and their story is done. 

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 12

This show is filled with the phoniest people who have no morals or boundaries , as long as they get their 15 minutes . Remember on paradise when Demi cried on cue on camera every single episode because she couldn’t hide her sexuality anymore and the fact that she was SO in love with Kristian and they got engaged ...  for a week ? After the finale aired , they split up and Demi said she just wasn’t into it enough and ended up dating a guy very shortly after . 

I’m bringing that up because I can’t get over the lengths people go to to have their 15 minutes .. and unfortunately for Clare , I see that with Dale and presume they’ll split shortly after the finale if that . No one is that in love after an hour of meeting, or in Clare’s case 3 seconds . Just not happening . 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I'm certain that if the show borrowed the gown from the designer instead of paying for it, we'd know about it.  See:  Neil Lane.

Now, there's nobody to approach Clare and ask, "Who are you wearing?"  But they'd figure out a way advertise it.

21 hours ago, leighdear said:

Guaranteed that Clare & Dale were sitting in the living area in their sweats, drinking coffee while a couple of production assistants in the bedroom artfully arranged the "hastily discarded" clothing in the perfect places, while hair & makeup check Clare's dewy, morning-after glow and get her in the perfect little cami and him in the perfectly pressed boxers so they can shoot the perfect in-the-bed snuggle session.

I just can't imagine the kind of person who would participate in that.  Of course I have trouble with Instagram shill as a professoin, and that's no doubt most of these people's goal, so maybe all this fakery is like working in the mail room on your way up the corporate ladder.  Only there's some dignity in working in the mail room.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 11/5/2020 at 8:48 PM, DEL901 said:

So, he brought a change of clothes with him on the date?

Well yeah. She had a pair of his pants she’s been sniffing, so he knew to bring a spare. 

• LOL 12