Type keyword(s) to search

S29.E08: Double Elimination Night -- Use Your Vote!

• Start Topic

First off...glad to see Gleb gone along with his partner! The biggest thing I noticed tonight was the great costuming. Nothing looked cheap, they looked like the costumes used to look. Well, maybe the except was the Big Bird outfit that Tyra was wearing!

• Love 10

Bottom two and I'm torn. Chrishell is obviously the weaker dancer but I'm just not feeling Skai. To be honest, I'm happy with either going.

Actually can we eliminate Skai and Gleb and see what Alan can do with Chrishell? 

I'm also not sure Nelly wants to stick around. He always seems so mad. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

The top of Tyra's first dress looked like dry, uncooked pasta.

3 minutes ago, CraftyHazel said:

AJ made me cry.  I wish him as much success with his recovery from addiction as Robert Downey, Jr. has had.  

I don't ever remember seeing Cheryl as emotional post-dance as she was tonight.

I thought the entire point of the relay dance was to rank the couples and award them either one, two, or three points, so I was confused why Carrie-Ann gave two couples in her group two points. Maybe the one point option was taken out once the Jeannie group lost a member?

Edited by LexieLily
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Tyra tearing up about Jeannie....Tyra! This👏🏻Is👏🏻Not👏🏻About👏🏻You👏🏻

i think Nelly was bummed he was staying. Lol 

Nev first dance was very overscored. I thought he looked like a damn robot. 

you can definitely tell who the judges favs are. 

• Love 9

What fresh hell is this yellow monstrosity?
Somehow it manages to be huge and still not contain her.
And then she found something even yellower and uglier...
OMG Nev's kids are so cute.
I like Jenna's dress.
Poor Jeannie. 😞
I don't know how much more I can take of Tyra's dramatics.

um...apparently that's where I stopped taking notes...

Not sorry to see Gleb go.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, CraftyHazel said:

AJ made me cry.  I wish him as much success with his recovery from addiction as Robert Downey, Jr. has had.  

That was such a moving moment between him and Cheryl. I'm glad they were able to open up to each other about their similar struggles, and that they each had someone who understood what they'd gone through. I too wish him well, and Cheryl, too. Their dance may not have had as much rumba as the judges might've liked, but it was very powerful and I loved it. 

And speaking of Cheryl, she, Jenna, and Britt all looked so beautiful tonight. Their dresses during their first dances were gorgeous. 

I'm not too surprised by the bottom two, but shame Chrishell went on a night when I think she had a really good dance. 

Glasses are a good look on Nelly. 

Glad to hear Jeannie's surgery went well. Wishing her a speedy recovery. Brandon's support for her was so sweet. 

• Love 9

Not to be that shallow but my mom walked in as the show was starting and said "When did Tyra's arms get so big?"   Then Tyra had that moment when she said "final season-I mean final show of the season" and my eyebrows shot up.  Not I'm the grassy knoll type but hey, 2020. 

AJ, I love you.  I wish you the best in your sobriety and love that you found a platonic soul mate in Cheryl.  However, it's midway through the competition.  That was not a rumba. 

Bye Chrishell.  You're a fellow Blockhead so I should be sad.  But you were not good and not improving.  

• Love 3

I find it interesting they rush through the intros for the dancers at the beginning and then we have this long drawn out intro for Tyra. She is just the host, not the star of the show.  The judges are ignored and required to clap through her entry.  And all hosts should change outfits for a show that has nothing to do with that...so weird.

Just now, PBGamer89 said:

He's easily the worst dancer left.

I don’t think so at all.  He has had some great dances.  I guess we see it differently.

• Love 9

I counted. Four dances (out of eight) in the first round, one dance (out of three) in the relay round had confetti. 

Y'all, I think the Confetti Makers Association of America is holding someone from the production staff hostage in order to get so much confetti on this show. That shit better be made out of recycled material and recycled again. Or else they're gonna need to start dropping whole trees on that dance floor. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Is Tyra really choosing her outfits? Fluorescent green looks good on no one. Is she self conscious and just choosing huge outfits? Does wardrobe hate her?

What is Carrie Ann’s deal with Kaitlyn? Is she jealous of her being Bachelorette 100 years ago? Wanting to purposely mark her down for an imagined lift was ridiculous.  She’s already torn her down mentally.  Derek has to come in with a 9 because it looked like Carrie Ann was going to throw her a 7.

Nelly is not improving but his partner hides it better than Glen did with Chrishell.

Skai needs to go next, she doesn’t dance. Alan just throws in crazy lifts everywhere because she’s tiny.

Johnny has actually improved which is nice to see.

Tyra’s reaction to Jeannie was crazy for live tv. It was life threatening which they didn’t mention but the surgery was successful.  

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

What is Carrie Ann’s deal with Kaitlyn? Is she jealous of her being Bachelorette 100 years ago? Wanting to purposely mark her down for an imagined lift was ridiculous.  She’s already torn her down mentally.  Derek has to come in with a 9 because it looked like Carrie Ann was going to throw her a 7.

Weren't Carrie-Ann and Artem an item like a long time ago?

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Y'all, I think the Confetti Makers Association of America is holding someone from the production staff hostage in order to get so much confetti on this show.

I think they got a good deal on confetti at the party store. 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

I think they got a good deal on confetti at the party store. 

Probably but that's not as fun to imagine. I also played with the idea of the eliminated pros being chained up during non-show times and Tyra marching up and down the row of them with a whip as they painstakingly cut all those pieces of paper into confetti. It's like a confetti sweatshop creating carefully curated handmade bespoke organic grass-fed confetti - only the best for this show. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Weren't Carrie-Ann and Artem an item like a long time ago?

Yep.

Ugh. Nelly. I do think he wants to leave but he's also got charisma. I would rather watch him over most of the dancers left. He's getting 4th or 5th at this rate. He's more into it than Skai and Johnny.

Justina is the one to watch now. That samba wasn't technically perfect but it was pretty exciting to watch. 

The not-rhumba is on Cheryl, not AJ. Those comments should have been directed at Cheryl. And I say that as a Cheryl fan.

Bye Chrishell. I was trying to figure out if that was a Viennese waltz or a half hearted attempt at a rhumba.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Justina is the one to watch now. That samba wasn't technically perfect but it was pretty exciting to watch. 

It was so fun to see her just getting so into it. Especially midway through the dance :D. You could tell she was having a ball. 

• Love 7

I'm shocked that the bottom two tonight was the exact two I would have wanted in there before the show. Ideally Skai will go next week, but unfortunately she'll probably get a bounce due to being in the bottom two. No denying that with Chrishell finally gone Nelly is now the weakest dancer left, but he's your typical underdog contestant that people love to get behind. I didn't vote for him tonight, but I'm not surprised at all that so many people did, he's very likeable and I really can see him making the final on votes alone.

• Love 3

Opening:

Kaitlyn's jive:

Nev's Viennese waltz:

Justine's samba:

Nelly's rumba:

Chrishell's Viennese waltz:

Skai's salsa:

Johnny's foxtrot:

AJ's rumba:

Cha cha relay: Nev, Chrishell, and Nelly

Viennese waltz relay: Justina & Johnny

Samba relay: AJ, Kaitlyn, Skai

Jeannie's journey:

Elimination:

• Love 2

Was Tyra trying to look like Big Bird?

Kaitlyn's jive was what I expect to see from the typical 20-30 year old female celeb who's reasonably coordinated but isn't great. This is NOT what I expected to see from someone who had extensive dance training. She needed a lot more bounce, energy, and precision. She wasn't finishing all of her movements, despite the fact that this was not a very fast jive.

Nev's Viennese waltz was pretty good but as with Kaitlyn, for someone with so much training, it wasn't as good as I expected. He needs to pay attention to the details like his hands and feet. I also thought he would have better posture and carriage.

Justina's samba was fun and full of energy and personality. I enjoy watching her because she is obviously having so much fun and loving the experience.

Nelly's rumba was what I expect to see from the male celebs - awkward arms, clunky feet, not much actual dancing. Once again, there were huge chunks of time when his feet didn't move. He is by far the worst dancer left. But A+ for the song choice.

Chrishell's Viennese waltz was a lot of posing. Long dresses are a good costuming choice because they hide her legs and feet. I really wish Gleb would tell her to point her feet. The lazy feet just hanging there look so bad.

Skai's salsa took good advantage of how tiny she is by including a bunch of lifts that required almost no work on her part but I needed to see more salsa. She had more energy in her movements this week but they weren't very in control. The flailing arms were distracting.

I had a hard time watching Johnny's foxtrot because my eyes were drawn to his exposed ankles/socks. There are times when he has such beautiful port de bras. In the closeups I was trying to figure out why he was already so sweaty when the dance began. What was he doing right beforehand?

AJ's rumba wasn't my favorite of his performances but he has definitely improved over the season. In general, he looks so much more comfortable in his movements and in his partnering (often with the male celebs, it's obvious that they are not leading AT ALL).

Awww, poor Jeannie. It's always terrible when someone has to drop out for any reason, but hearing her describe that abscess freaked me out. On top of that, I can't imagine finding out that you need to have surgery in the middle of a pandemic.

I was afraid that this would be a non-elimination due to Jeannie dropping out. I'm glad that I was wrong. I'm totally fine with Chrishell going. Nelly and his shuffling/non-moving feet need to go next.

• Love 5

Nelly probably is the worst dancer left, but I guess people like him because he doesn’t have that phony personality like Kaitlyn or Chrishell or Nev. 

I guess I didn’t get the low scores for Skai. She was pretty good. 

I watched with my mom and she really liked Justina!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

I guess I didn’t get the low scores for Skai. She was pretty good. 

I was a bit amused by the song choice for her, given how young she is and all. But it was nice to see her letting loose and getting to dance to an artist she likes :). 

• Love 1

Skai's legs are a mystery to me. I can't figure out why she's so brittle. Is she slightly bow legged? Is she holding them too far apart? Is she constantly off balance? She's executing more complex moves like the samba rolls and some of the salsa lifts, but she's so graceless.

With her arms, I think she doesn't know how to initiate the movement from her core. She's just flinging them out.

I am glad to see her look like she's enjoying herself, though. I think she should be proud of her tricks as well. But she's the remaining dancer I least enjoy watching. 

Nelly has definitely hit the limits of his ability (at least on the accelerated time frame the show gives), but I enjoy watching him. 

Justina is my favorite, though. She was beautiful in her samba and so much fun! Her joy gave me joy. Nev is my runner up.

• Love 8

Nelly has that "looks like he's having fun" quality and he has stage presence. I'd much rather watch Nelly's sexy self grooving to the music with his natural charisma than a technically much better dancer like Nev or Kaitlyn who are eyesores for me. Kaitlyn just seems joyless even when she smiles, perhaps because of the frozen upper face due to all the injections.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

Skai needs to go next, she doesn’t dance. Alan just throws in crazy lifts everywhere because she’s tiny.

Thank you...I thought I was the only one who felt this way. That, and she looks like a 12-yr old, giving me an 'ick' factor.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Zuleikha said:

Skai's legs are a mystery to me. I can't figure out why she's so brittle. Is she slightly bow legged? Is she holding them too far apart? Is she constantly off balance? She's executing more complex moves like the samba rolls and some of the salsa lifts, but she's so graceless.

With her arms, I think she doesn't know how to initiate the movement from her core. She's just flinging them out.

This. We’ve had gangly youngsters before, like Zendaya, but gosh, Skai comes across as really gangly. Maybe we got a hint from her friends about the deer in the headlights problem: she’s shy, so maybe she struggles with live performances?

Chrishell seems like a genuinely nice person, but Gleb has been dancing around her posing for weeks. 

AJ is a good dancer and performer, but I’m finding his dances completely forgettable. I wonder why.

I’m so bummed about Jeannie. I really miss her energy. I hope she has a speedy recovery.

Justina for the win!

• Love 8
7 hours ago, nickp1991 said:

i feel like nelly wasn’t in the bottom two due to his package and since it is his birthday

And since the package was all about his sister's death. Although, DWTS has been that crass in the past, so you never know. 

Seriously, does Tyra NOT look in a mirror at her dress fittings? She never questioned the horrible first yellow dress that was so damn wide, it made her look like taxi? Her arms looked horrible. And the second neon monstrosity was almost just as bad. 

• Love 6

Skai seems like such a nice girl, but it isn't fun to watch her because it seems like she has not improved AT ALL. It's almost miraculous to see a young, fit person who's been training for weeks NOT improve at dancing.

• Love 4

Tyra, my love, just because someone hands you an outfit, that does not mean you're obligated to wear it. All that tulle, it was like the night of a thousand toilet brushes, or bath poufs, or the horrid crocheted fashion doll dresses that disguise a roll of toilet paper in great Aunt Gladys' bathroom.

That said, Justina continues to give me joy with her dances, her enthusiasm, her partnership with Sasha. I tune out quite a few of the other stars and partners, though I cant quit Artem even with his seemingly-angry plastic partner Kaitlyn, and Cheryl always brings it. 2020, redeem yourself and give Justina/ Sasha the mirror ball!

• Love 9
10 hours ago, PBGamer89 said:

He's easily the worst dancer left.

He's the worst dancer now that Chrishell is gone. I thought Chrishell did...ok last night. She did do a lot of basic moves still but it wasn't horrible. The issue, once again, is Gleb's inability to teach Chrishell. It's like he has not even bothered trying with her. He saw the baseline of her ability and said "eh, I guess I'll work around it" instead of working WITH her to get her to be better. I say this because I do see some potential behind the smokescreen. Gleb dances around her a lot and picks her up to move her to her next move, but I do think she'd easily improve more with someone who...y'know, actually TRUSTS her....which Gleb just doesn't. 

The biggest issue with Nelly is that he doesn't move his lower half much. He can move his upper body, but his lower body is very stagnant. Daniella does something a bit similar with Nelly that Gleb does with Chrishell, but the major difference is that Daniella does try to give Nelly content, even if it makes him look like a weak dancer. She doesn't try to intentionally mask it, so it does show more of a trust there. And Nelly has improved in certain areas since week 1.

Skai is improving bit by bit in terms of her stage fright and anxiety. She doesn't look like she's frozen in fright anymore, which is great! But I agreed with the judges in terms of Alan giving her too many lifts. I get that he loves doing the lifts and Skai does well with them, but I think he needed a couple less lifts, like Derek said. Carrie Ann's critique...was a little less helpful because it looked like she was reaching for anything lift-related to critique.

Justina gives me such joy. I really need her to win this season. She's improved her own dancing and she also makes me smile whenever she dances because you can feel HER excitement. Same with Johnny, who started out very weak for me in the first two weeks and has steadily improved. And same with AJ, who may not be the strongest dancer but is also steadily improving and has been challenged by Cheryl and has delivered. 

I may not have loved Kaitlyn's dance, but I adore Artem for speaking up against Carrie Ann's bitching about a goddamn lift. Hello, Chrishell had a CLEAR lift in HER dance (when she jumped into Gleb's arms from the ground and her feet weren't on the ground for a second) and not a peep...though I'm not sure if Chrishell's dance allowed a lift. But Carrie Ann bitching about a lift and then also dismissing another lift later in the night for 'artistic choices'. Yes, Bruno also gave Kaitlyn an 8, but he doesn't bitch at Kaitlyn every single week. I'm glad Carrie Ann was tough on pretty much everyone, especially Nev...despite the fact that she bitched about everything in Nev's dance and gave him a 9 anyway. 

Nev's dance was ok but not his best work. He WAS sloppy in places and should have gotten an 8. 

I am very bummed about Jeannie and hope she is recovering well. She was another frontrunner for me. 

I'm still glad Chrishell went over Skai, and am glad it was unanimous. My hopes for a finale are AJ, Justina, Johnny, and Kaitlyn. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I may not have loved Kaitlyn's dance, but I adore Artem for speaking up against Carrie Ann's bitching about a goddamn lift.

It especially bugged me because she first asked if she was able to do the flip on her own. Why should that matter? He was "helping" whether she needed him to or not; It either counts as a lift or it doesn't.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I was a bit amused by the song choice for her, given how young she is and all. But it was nice to see her letting loose and getting to dance to an artist she likes :). 

She's a Nicki Minaj stan. If she didn't know who Missy Elliot was because of that, I would be surprised.

• Love 1

I get really uncomfortable watching Skai and Alan.  He just throws her around like she's one of those little wooden articulated dolls.  Like she's his accessory, not his partner.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Justina has been the one to watch for a while.

She is so enjoyable!

2 hours ago, binky101 said:

2020, redeem yourself and give Justina/ Sasha the mirror ball!

Justina is what this show should be all about!!! I'm voting for her.

She deserves to win!!!

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Roxie said:

I get really uncomfortable watching Skai and Alan.  He just throws her around like she's one of those little wooden articulated dolls.  Like she's his accessory, not his partner.

Also the part where she had her legs wrapped around his waist. I know she's an adult but she just looks so young!

• Love 4

Nelly does not do criticism well. 

My eye candy is gone, I hope you are all happy! (Okay, I know you are.) 

Glad Johnny is safe. He looked like he was sure he was in the bottom, and I think he really wants to be there. The high waters gotta go though! 

I would totally read Cheryl's memoir about how she performed for years on the show while secretly being an addict, and how she overcame it. She is looking great. 

• Love 8

I haven’t read the comments so not sure if I’m repeating anyone but , can Nelly go home ? Not only is he the worst of the bunch and barely has to move in his dances , but he looks SO miserable being there . Whenever Tyra says he’s safe from being eliminated , he looks so mad about it . I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone in the competition with less joy and more obvious that he doesn’t want to be there . 

Also , Carrie Ann REALLY hates Kaitlyn . I don’t know if she’s anti - bachelorette , but she’s brutal to both her and Hannah 

Edited by Jaclyn88
  • Love 3