Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E16: We Need to Get a Divorce

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, qtpye said:

I grew up with pets and do not have the time to properly care for them right now.

I think the problem is there is an assumption "that everyone's life is better with animals"  and that is simply not true.

It is also why so many poor animals end up in shelters because people underestimate the commitment required to take care of them.

I think the pet conversation started because Woody said he didn't want a dog?

Some people don't want pets.  Some people don't want to get married.  Some people don't want kids.  Nothing wrong with any of those things.

I think the problem is that certain dislikes are seen as character flaws.  "Something must be wrong with you if you don't like_____."

I am a cat lover, but right now I don't have a cat.  My mother had a cat for 14 years.  She was the best, but right now, no cats for me.  I'd still volunteer in a kitten nursery if I could but not right now.  

I still want to know how Christina got on the show when she didn't even live in NOLA, or anywhere.  I don't believe they couldn't find another match for Henry.  She should have been booted when she lied about where she lived.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 13
13 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Besides she didn’t look like she wanted kids, as kids cost money, and there would go her traveling.  

I didn't ever hear her say her reason for not wanting kids was financial. 

12 hours ago, Myrtle Urkele said:

Their choice, everyone looked great- even Crazy ChristinA!

No!  I don't know why she likes that neckline so much, when it makes her breasts look saggy.

12 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I knew that divorce comment was a fake out.

I hate that shit.  If I were in that situation and my "husband" said that, followed by "I'm kidding," I'd say, "You can have your divorce."

9 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Henry can pick far better friends than you Christina.

He picked Trishelle.

1 hour ago, qtpye said:

I have already forgotten what Pepper was wearing.

It looked to me like tuxedo pants (black with a shiny stripe down the side), paired with some sort of shell top and a flow-y thing over that.

Usually, I interpret someone sitting forward as expressing interest.  But Pepper just looked like a linebacker the entire time.  Especially sitting next to prim Viv.  Even Pastor Cal was sitting more ladylikely than Pepper.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Kira53 said:

Thanks for sharing. While I'm shocked to hear that being around animals makes your skin crawl, it opens my eyes to the other extreme end of how people feel about animals. I think this it's something that then has to be taken into account in picking a partner. While I don't think that Olivia and Brett should've been matched just because they love cats, clearly you could never be a good match for either of them because viscerally and psychologically an animal could not be part of your life, to say nothing of being in the same home.  Thank you again for offering some insight into this.

I do believe that Woody's objections are not the same as yours. I think this couple would enjoy taking care of a little dog and Woody would be the one finding the best outfits and Halloween costumes for the dog.  

Thank you for being understanding.

I believe Woody, like me, doesn't want one but he will concede for her. There is no fear there. It's just not something he wants. So, in the end, he will be okay with it when it happens.

6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Most pet owners would not say that they value their dogs or cats over their family.  A lot of them would say they value them as much, though, and consider them a part of the family.  Now my mother, a huge animal lover, used to say that she couldn't trust people that didn't love animals because dogs especially are so loyal and true and full of good qualities, that anyone who would reject that is somehow too cold and unfeeling, and therefore not to be trusted.  I'm not sure about that, but I can understand that people that have not grown up around or lived with such devoted animals might not understand how they are as important to their owners as other members of the family, though.  They really are some amazing creatures when you get to know them.  I grew up around dogs and took for granted how amazing they were.  Now at an older age I am realizing that they are even more amazing than I ever realized they were when I was younger, maybe because I am seeing them with more mature eyes now than back then.  You really have to experience it up close to understand it. 

I myself was never a cat lover - the only cats I knew when I was young were mean old alley cats.  In fact it took a renter bringing in his mother's cat when she died to turn me around on them.  This cat and I bonded so well it was actually a little scary to me after a while because I didn't see it coming.  Same thing happened with my husband, who outright hated cats but this one turned him around too.  So it can happen.  I still think Woody is one of those guys that turns his nose up at a dog but then when he gets one will fall in love with it as hard as he fell for Amani, LOL.

I will always get it from a logical perspective. But, there are few absolutes for me. I always try to be open about many things but not on animals. I'm 38 and there has never been a day where being around animals was a concept I ever wanted. Experiencing them personally wouldn't change it.

Being a fed ex courier does not help (not my first or fiftieth choice for my profession but a series of other jobs never planned out). It's the assumption that people will be okay with your pet. I shouldn't have to worry about a dog jumping out at me while I'm trying to deliver your package. But, for animal lovers, it's always my dog never attacks anyone. He/she is so friendly. F all that. Just keep your pet away from me. I never liked animals but now we are in a place where basically every woman I would want to date has one, family members (even ones who didn't have one for decades has them, people bring them to works, flights, stores. It's just really a lot. I respect the love people have for animals and how they can be loyal and loving. They will also never be for me.

And when I say people value animals over humans, I'm talking about the vast amount of people that will quit a tv show, be angry for days, call for boycotts if a tv show or movie dares to hurt a animal. I know a show where a whole family was murdered and it was shown through a series of children's drawings. Children were killed in this scenario but the dog being a victim too made them rage quit the show. I just can't with all that and people who say kill whoever you want but leave the animals alone. This i why I say I value them as living beings. Because I do. I don't enjoy animals being killed or slaughtered in general. My world won't end if they die in a movie the same it won't if a human does. Living beings die. There is just a level I can never relate to.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

. No Henry can pick far better friends than you Christina. 

21 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

He picked Trishelle.

Your comment, STATISTICALOUTLIER, made me chuckle! Amen to that. I'm not sure those "friends" of Henry's, prior to him being on Married at First Sight, are any indication of his ability to pick well. Plus, they reek of fame-seeking.  So perhaps dear Henry was not in this for the correct reasons either. That's why he stuck it out, even if he didn't care for Christina, didn't want to try to make the relationship work in ANY way, after the first weeks. He had no intention of trying to understand her or make it work but he was gonna get his time in on the teevee. 

So no real surprises for decision day.  Miles decided he didn't want to give up and Karen said okay, let's keep trying, but their faces as they left the room and walked down the stairs were as stony as Olivia's when she lumbered her way away from Brett. And they didn't even hold hands. Nothing. 

And wise ol' Amani at the end, having the final say on Brett. Production was determined to make Brett out to be the villain of the season. Sigh. 

I will say, Amani and Woody said all the right things to each other. They were quite lovely in their decisions to stay together, and I hope for the best for them. 

Edited by cardigirl
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

Being a fed ex courier does not help (not my first or fiftieth choice for my profession but a series of other jobs never planned out). It's the assumption that people will be okay with your pet. I shouldn't have to worry about a dog jumping out at me while I'm trying to deliver your package. But, for animal lovers, it's always my dog never attacks anyone. He/she is so friendly. F all that. Just keep your pet away from me.

These are "bad" owners. I am sorry you have to put up with that.    Rest assured that if you are ever delivering at my house, you won't encounter my dog.  Even if we were outside, I would keep her away from you.  She is fearful and would want you to stay away.  Giving everybody space keeps everybody safe and my dog below threshold ...

Back to the show ... I am now perplexed about how Christina got on the show without a NO address.  Maybe she faked lived somewhere, like some kids do when their parents are trying to get them into a school in another school district?

• Love 4

I prefer my kids & pets to everyone else in the world. Lotsa work but all are clean & it's worth it - to me. People have been a bad experience; my kids & pets are IT for me. Sucks that pets are pricey to care for though- sadly true. But then again if kids & pets are not someone's thing who cares? It's their life. Those decisions don't hint at someone's character, IMO.

ChristinA grab a bra & tuck those puppies back in, Henry's not impressed.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, NannyBails said:

These are "bad" owners. I am sorry you have to put up with that.    Rest assured that if you are ever delivering at my house, you won't encounter my dog.  Even if we were outside, I would keep her away from you.  She is fearful and would want you to stay away.  Giving everybody space keeps everybody safe and my dog below threshold ...

Back to the show ... I am now perplexed about how Christina got on the show without a NO address.  Maybe she faked lived somewhere, like some kids do when their parents are trying to get them into a school in another school district?

Thank you.

Regarding Christina, scammers know how to scam. She probably has it a bit easier because as a flight attendant, her living space being inconsistent may seem more natural. She travels a lot.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, OnTime said:

The producers make Jamie wear the same dress for editing.  

I could have sworn I saw that dress last season.  You would think she'd have a different dress each season.

Also, I still don't like how smug Amani is when talking about Brett (or any of the other couples).  She doesn't know him (or them).  She still needs to just mind her own business; she is not a relationship expert or therapist.  It's nice that she and Woody are getting along right now, but I wonder how she'd like it if, say, a year from now someone came on the show and made negative comments about her and/or Woody.

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Love 8
42 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

According to next weeks t.v. Guide, there is no Married at First Sight next week.  Christmas movies are on.  So when there’s a reunion, will they reveal who’s still together?  Wonder how many weeks went by since last nights show and the final reunion.

Reunion special is tonight at 8pm.

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

And perhaps dog- (and cat-) owners can try to understand this point of view, rather than argue what they perceive  as what we are "missing." We get it. Dog-lovers love dogs. I do, too. Yours. 

Yep. I can't stand cats. Don't try to tell me that I'm missing something by not living with an animal that I have known all my life that I don't like. I actually screen out cat owners on dating apps because I know I don't like cats and will never want to live with them.

I could not stay married to someone I had not had any kind of sex with after four months. I wouldn't keep dating someone I had not had any kind of sex with after four months. I don't even think they kissed much during that time. That's a friendship - which, great! But that's not a marriage I could be in. Physical intimacy is important, and Miles said flat out that he didn't feel wanted by Karen (because she doesn't want him). That's an awful feeling. I don't think Karen and Miles will make it in the long run, and IMO they should not. Karen's beautiful (I loved her dress, the color looked great on her) but she overdid her makeup - her face and neck were two different colors.

55 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

He picked Trishelle.

She may be a good friend to him. She was trashy in her Real World days but that was 20 years ago. And even if she's still trashy, she can be trashy and be a good friend to him. They're not mutually exclusive. I think she was the one who was like "Whoa, dude" when the other friend said at the wedding she didn't respect anyone who would get married at first sight (which means she doesn't respect Henry, but whatever).

The marriages that didn't work out were such clear cases of wanting different things. I don't think either Brett or Olivia is a bad person, but they are not right for each other at all. Just fundamentally different on the big ticket issues.

Christina is ... well, I'll just say she needs to do some soul-searching. Henry's lack of confidence might be hard for some people to deal with, but at the core I think Henry is a good and nice person - the fact that his friend credited him with helping her deal with losing her sister speaks well of him. I don't think Christina is a nice person. Like Amani is clearly a warm and kind person - it emanates from her through the screen. There's none of that with Christina. I loved Henry putting her "are you gay?" shit on blast (I bet she didn't think he'd be brave enough to do that; she seemed blindsided).

Also, she may well have her phone set to delete texts after 30 days - I have mine set to delete them after a year - but does that mean she was holding onto that text for weeks before she mentioned it to him?

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 7

I could not stay married to someone I had not had any kind of sex with after four months. I wouldn't keep dating someone I had not had any kind of sex with after four months. I don't even think they kissed much during that time. That's a friendship - which, great! But that's not a marriage I could be in. Physical intimacy is important, and Miles said flat out that he didn't feel wanted by Karen (because she doesn't want him). That's an awful feeling. I don't think Karen and Miles will make it in the long run, and IMO they should not. Karen's beautiful (I loved her dress, the color looked great on her) but she overdid her makeup - her face and neck were two different colors.

There are marriages with plenty of sex but one party still feels unwanted. I think Miles needs to put his wife's need for emotional connection before his need for sex. IMO complaining about a lack of physical affection when she isn't feeling any other connection, yet, is selfish of him. Maybe he needs to get out of his own head for a bit & relate to her more. I really don't know, but there's obviously something missing. I don't see any chemistry between them, unless there's a lot more going on behind the scenes that's keeping them together.

Karen's face was kind of yellow & the makeup was so plastered on she was sweating under those lights; definitely not one of her best looks.

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I could have sworn I saw that dress last season.  You would think she'd have a different dress each season.

Also, I still don't like how smug Amani is when talking about Brett (or any of the other couples).  She doesn't know him (or them).  She still needs to just mind her own business; she is not a relationship expert or therapist.  It's nice that she and Woody are getting along right now, but I wonder how she'd like it if, say, a year from now someone came on the show and made negative comments about her and/or Woody.

I see your point but most of us do the same thing on here every week. Judge these people based on the little bit of time they spend on screen. She has spent more actual time with him. She's probably more qualified to judge than we are honestly. And it's just her opinion. One that many share. I don't look at it as smugness.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

There are marriages with plenty of sex but one party still feels unwanted. I think Miles needs to put his wife's need for emotional connection before his need for sex. IMO complaining about a lack of physical affection when she isn't feeling any other connection, yet, is selfish of him. Maybe he needs to get out of his own head for a bit & relate to her more. I really don't know, but there's obviously something missing. I don't see any chemistry between them, unless there's a lot more going on behind the scenes that's keeping them together.

Karen's face was kind of yellow & the makeup was so plastered on she was sweating under those lights; definitely not one of her best looks.

Some keep making it out like Miles is just worrird about sex. He has been consistent that zero intimacy is the problem. There isn't much closeness there. And it's a valid concern that has nothing to do with him being in his head. They have spent four months together and spent a lot of time bonding but they still live like acquaintances half the time. He's been open about his feelings and has been very patient. Karen had never given any indication otherwise. If Karen isn't feeling it or may never feel it, that's fine. But, hearing it may change in time after months would be a hard pill to swallow for anyone.

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

I see your point but most of us do the same thing on here every week. Judge these people based on the little bit of time they spend on screen. She has spent more actual time with him. She's probably more qualified to judge than we are honestly. And it's just her opinion. One that many share. I don't look at it as smugness.

I do see it as smugness, but my (apparently unpopular) opinion is the fact that I never cared for her and Woody.    

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Also, she may well have her phone set to delete texts after 30 days - I have mine set to delete them after a year - but does that mean she was holding onto that text for weeks before she mentioned it to him?

It's absurd to think you'd get such a text and not keep it. That you would confront someone with such a damning text and not show it immediately. Even while she was denying she thought he was gay she still suggested it by letting him know there is nothing wrong with being gay. Its certainly wrong if you marry the opposite sex knowing you are attracted to the same sex.

The people who picked Henry and Christina to be matched should be interrogated (possibly waterboarded) . It must have been the opposites attract theory of match making. Is it really that difficult to match people with similar goals, values and philosophy of life? Couples can and should have differences on peripheral matters but huge matters like kids, politics and religious beliefs (or lack there of) are nearly impossible to overcome differences of opinion.

Olivia and Brett, Christina and Henry were non starters from the very outset. They didn't even share a belief in the existence of God, kids or how to handle finances. Its not a secret that finances are a major reason marriages fail even among people who otherwise love each other. It wasn't a surprise that Amani and Woody would have the potential to be a great couple. They were simpatico on the big ticket items. 

In this particular season I'm in the they set up couples for failure camp. Its like lets make a deal...sometimes you get zonked.

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I think Miles needs to put his wife's need for emotional connection before his need for sex.

I think Miles was putting in a lot of work to build an emotional connection with Karen. He fixed her car, he had his friend come over to teach him how to cook, he's been very open with her about what he's thinking and feeling, which is part of building an emotional connection, IMO. You can't be emotionally connected to someone you don't know well, and he's made all the effort to get to know her and to have her know him. I haven't seen her respond in kind, aside from that two truths and a lie game (which I think was his idea). Also Karen is the one who said from the get, before she even met Miles, that his vulnerability is a turnoff, but IMO you can't have an emotional connection to someone without being vulnerable with them. You can't have it both ways. I just am not sure Karen knows what she wants, and if I were Miles, I wouldn't want her to figure it out on my time. Four months is long enough to know if you're not feeling someone That Way. 

Like @Racj82 says, I don't think it's all about sex with Miles; it's about being fully wanted, to be known and seen. (And I also think it's totally reasonable for someone to want to have sex with the person they're in a relationship with after four months. Sex is an important part of a romantic relationship. It's not the only part, but Miles has never said it's the only part he values.)

3 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

It wasn't a surprise that Amani and Woody would have the potential to be a great couple. They were simpatico on the big ticket items. 

There was a previous episode where Amani told the other women that she and Woody were aligned on the big stuff so the little stuff that got on her nerves didn't really bother her. That's just where you want to be. 

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 19

I think Miles needs to put his wife's need for emotional connection before his need for sex.

I can't think of anything else he could have done to earn her trust and affection. There is something really wrong with a couple that spends four months together and barely touch each other. I suspect she's going to lose him and regret it...

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

It's absurd to think you'd get such a text and not keep it. That you would confront someone with such a damning text and not show it immediately.

Right! If I'm Christina, I would text Henry the second I got the text from the person who claimed to be sleeping with Henry. "Henry, some dude named Brandon just texted me and said y'all are having an affair. Whodat? What's going on?" and I would send him the screen shot. Henry said he asked Christina in the moment, in the same conversation where she brought it up, to show him the text, because of course he did, because that's what a reasonable person would do. "Are you cheating on me with a man?" is not an "oh, by the way, somebody mentioned this to me a month ago" conversation.

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

Some keep making it out like Miles is just worrird about sex. He has been consistent that zero intimacy is the problem. There isn't much closeness there. And it's a valid concern that has nothing to do with him being in his head. They have spent four months together and spent a lot of time bonding but they still live like acquaintances half the time. He's been open about his feelings and has been very patient. Karen had never given any indication otherwise. If Karen isn't feeling it or may never feel it, that's fine. But, hearing it may change in time after months would be a hard pill to swallow for anyone.

Then he should've faced up to it not happening when he wants it to & said "no" on decision day.

16 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I think Miles was putting in a lot of work to build an emotional connection with Karen. He fixed her car, he had his friend come over to teach him how to cook, he's been very open with her about what he's thinking and feeling, which is part of building an emotional connection, IMO. You can't be emotionally connected to someone you don't know well, and he's made all the effort to get to know her and to have her know him. I haven't seen her respond in kind, aside from that two truths and a lie game (which I think was his idea). Also Karen is the one who said from the get, before she even met Miles, that his vulnerability is a turnoff, but IMO you can't have an emotional connection to someone without being vulnerable with them. You can't have it both ways. I just am not sure Karen knows what she wants, and if I were Miles, I wouldn't want her to figure it out on my time. Four months is long enough to know if you're not feeling someone That Way. 

Hell maybe even Dr. P can fix her car. Just saying that's not emotionally connecting. I'm sure he is, but, he was also complaining about a lack of physical intimacy - there was a whole convo with Woody about just that. So it's not like it hasn't been on his radar. And if it is that important within a certain amount of time, & having no guarantees, then as I mentioned above he should've just called it quits, maybe even done a Brett (in a nicer way tho).

9 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I can't think of anything else he could have done to earn her trust and affection. There is something really wrong with a couple that spends four months together and barely touch each other. I suspect she's going to lose him and regret it...

I don't know either but something wasn't clicking between them. As I said I just see something is missing, maybe something she wasn't getting, maybe just a lack of chemistry... I don't know. But complaining about something doesn't make it happen. And again if it's not going to happen or he doesn't think it will, then he can end it. It's not like anyone will blame him at this point.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Empress1 said:

Right! If I'm Christina, I would text Henry the second I got the text from the person who claimed to be sleeping with Henry. "Henry, some dude named Brandon just texted me and said y'all are having an affair. Whodat? What's going on?" and I would send him the screen shot. Henry said he asked Christina in the moment, in the same conversation where she brought it up, to show him the text, because of course he did, because that's what a reasonable person would do. "Are you cheating on me with a man?" is not an "oh, by the way, somebody mentioned this to me a month ago" conversation.

This would be any woman’s reaction...no one would delete this type of earth shattering text about their husband.

Also, the blackmail issue was glossed over by Henry’s niceness and awkwardness. I wish he had the confidence to call her out.

• Love 5

Henry sucked back so much he was a passive aggressive wreck by decision day. He sat there & apologized, took the upper road & all, but his teeth were practically clenched doing so.  I can't imagine why he stuck it out at all with that nut job. The accusation should've been *it* for him.

• Love 13
25 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

And who is this person that texted her??? And how did they get her phone number??

What did she say about when she called the number? There was no answer or something. The whole story is just to make her a victim yet again!

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Also, Jamie O. always wears the same dress all season long, and this blue dress was not the same one she wore last season.

Yes, you're right, it's not the same blue dress she wore last season but I checked one of the youtube videos for Unfiltered season 10, episode 3 and she was wearing the same color, only sleeveless.  So I wasn't entirely out of my mind, lol. 

I loved the look of absolute terror on the experts' faces when Bennett was fumbling with his pants.  I hope he wiped his ass good but, thankfully, he was far enough away in case there was any odor.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Olivia sure put all of her arguments in the "disingenuous" basket that she created earlier in the season.  Again, she makes comments about Brett to which there is no defense because one can't really prove one is not "disingenuous."  She is putting all blame and responsibility onto Brett so that she can be a victim and garner sympathy in my opinion.  I think that's why the other participants are supportive of her.  While they are both partially responsible for the demise of their marriage, it's the "experts" who hold the largest responsibility as "they both have cats" means absolutely nothing other than they both like cats.  I think the having children difference should have prevented the match from going any further.

I am so at a table for one as I thought Amelia was going to say no until Bennett showed his tattoo.  She seemed caught off-guard and didn't know what to really say.  I agree with an above poster that the quirk she acted to be on t.v. will disappear once they move to Virginia and Bennett will be perplexed.

I do believe that Christina gets attention from men but does not know how to sustain a relationship.  I really hope she finds a therapist/counselor and works through her issues.  However, I also believe that Henry is hard to get to know-not that excuses anything, but could be frustrating.

I also agree with others that Miles and Karen will eventually divorce.  I wish Miles would have just ended it at that point, but it could be the 'sunk cost fallacy' and he may have truly believed that Karen was changing.

If something happens to Amani and Woody's relationship I'll be mad AND sad...

Overall, a good season.

• Love 8

Oliva thinks Brett was disingenuous and yet i feel like Olivia pretended to be a whole nother person for most of the series.  I think she went from homebody with cats who then became the highly paid world traveler, fine wine person was the person she pretended to be after realizing early on that he wasn't interested in her.   Her hurt face tonight said it all to me. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

I think Miles is a bit naive . Anyone can see Karen is not into him , I even think he sees it but feels that maybe it’ll eventually change if he keeps doing x, y and z for her . I also think he’s physically attracted to her which is playing a big role in him not being completely turned off . IMO , Karen is a very pretty girl but she acts very young emotionally . And that’s not just because she won’t sleep with Miles . She just seems uncomfortable and like she hasn’t figured herself out yet . Saying you want a more masculine guy and someone who puts you in your place is not a sign of being ready for the real thing . I say she and Miles still never slept together and that she’s just as cold to him as she was pre - decision day . 

I get that Brett is an asshole and in need of a clue , but Olivia is just a full time sourpuss . That girl needs to loosen up and learn to have fun . Not everything has to be so serious all. The. Time . 
They weren’t right for each other from the beginning both were at fault for how the marriage turned out , both need new personalities and both need to take a look in the mirror .

• Love 12

Sadly, I got called away right at the pivotal moment when Henry was bringing up the apocryphal text... and that was the only part of the Decision Day episode that I really cared about. I'll catch up on what I missed later. Brief and scattered notes on what I did see:

1. So Bennett got an 'AF' tattoo. Perfect! When he and Amelia break up, he can etch the word 'Hipster' over it and tell everyone it stands for Hipster As Fuck. (I kid, I kid... I honestly have no idea if those two will make it for the long haul or not. I wish them the best.)

2.  Olivia and Brett are just kind of baffling, aren't they? He really does need to stop with the "Hey, Cute Wifey" texts. On the other hand, I felt for him when he said he never really felt safe in the relationship; I felt like that was sincere. It was a case of terrible matchmaking that just didn't stand a chance from day one, and the fact that both individuals involved have significant character flaws wasn't helping. On a shallow note, Olivia looked terrible walking down those stone steps in her high heels and skimpy dress (that hugged her in all the wrong places) at the end of their segment. Girl cannot walk for shit, and her posture sucks. If she and Brett had stayed together and had a baby, it would be The World's Most Round-Shouldered Baby Evah.

3.  Karen and Miles... I don't trust Karen. I can't even put my finger on it, but I think she's going to bolt. 

Random additional note apropos of current discussion: I'm not a dog person and am bothered by people who say there is something wrong with people who don't like dogs. There isn't! I do love me some cats, though. 

Edited by TheMediumBopper
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I believe the outcomes would have been different if Henry had been matched with Olivia and Brett with Christina. 

Hmmmm.....not sure about that. Henry doesn't seem that into travel, which is what Olivia wanted. She was into constantly analyzing the relationship, and I don't know that she would have been satisfied by his non-answers any more than Brett's sarcasm. Neither is a fast mover on the physical front, so I feel like this relationship would have ended up in the friend zone.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Christina is a lying liar who lies. Not sure why Henry had to apologize. Seems to me that “the experts” should have been the ones to apologize, for putting them together in the first place. I believe the outcomes would have been different if Henry had been matched with Olivia and Brett with Christina. 

I would bet good money that the only couple that will celebrate their 5 year wedding anniversary will be Woody and Amani.

Yeah, I agree.  Henry did nothing that needed an apology.  The "experts" clearly don't do enough research if they thought ChristinA would be a good fit for him.  And I would not wish her with Brett either.  She needs some serious couseling.

I don't see Miles and Karen lasting past a few months unless she makes a big leap in the way she shows affection.  He told her what he needed. I don't think she can provide it.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, suzeecat said:

We just got a quick glance but that tattoo of Bennett's looked almost like a DIY job, like a prison tattoo.  Maybe one of his friends did it for him. 

Yeah, that was a pretty ugly, unprofessional looking tattoo.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I think this will go down in history as my favorite season of MAFS, though, and I have seen them all.  I've often heard that people in NOLA are the nicest people in the world, and judging from how this group compares to all the weirdos/nasty people in prior seasons, I can see the truth in that.

@Yeah No Me too. I think the only season that comes close is Season 1. I still miss them looking for a place to live and find the group socializing a little too "reality tv", but it really didn't bother me as much this season because these people all seemed to gel pretty well together. I am really glad it turned out this way, because if this season had been like last season, I would probably be done for good.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, NannyBails said:

Maybe that's where she lived when the show did their home visit.  

3 hours ago, cardigirl said:

Your comment, STATISTICALOUTLIER, made me chuckle! Amen to that. I'm not sure those "friends" of Henry's, prior to him being on Married at First Sight, are any indication of his ability to pick well. Plus, they reek of fame-seeking.  So perhaps dear Henry was not in this for the correct reasons either. That's why he stuck it out, even if he didn't care for Christina, didn't want to try to make the relationship work in ANY way, after the first weeks. He had no intention of trying to understand her or make it work but he was gonna get his time in on the teevee.

Wow, I totally disagree.  I doubt we'll see any of Henry's friends again and, though they were not my kind of people, they didn't seem like fame seekers to me. 

I think Henry was turned off and uneasy with ChristinA after he caught her in a bunch of lies and was staying to the end because he felt it would be the right thing to do, kinder than calling it quits early.

• Love 8
57 minutes ago, cinsays said:

I think Henry was turned off and uneasy with ChristinA after he caught her in a bunch of lies and was staying to the end because he felt it would be the right thing to do, kinder than calling it quits early.

Henry would be right to be uneasy after Christina lied to him about where she lived.  And it wasn't like she said she lived in one neighborhood instead of another.  She lied about even living in NOLA.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

ChristinA is a liAr! OF COURSE she thinks Henry is gay! That is the only possible reason he's not in lust with her! 🙄

She knows how to advertise her best features, though. 😳

Some features we can do without seeing! Olivia was advertising also.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, cinsays said:

Wow, I totally disagree.  I doubt we'll see any of Henry's friends again and, though they were not my kind of people, they didn't seem like fame seekers to me. 

Trischelle has been on a reality show (albeit a while ago) and she and Kristin were a bit eager to be on camera, just my perception of them. Henry appeared to be so disinterested in Christina, mostly, I think, because she didn't look like Trischelle and Kristin.

I'm not sure why he didn't leave, except to seem like the better person, but who knows?  I'm sure we were not shown everything. 

Edited by cardigirl
  • Love 2

Karen is a beautiful woman, but whoever did her makeup for the episode done her dirty! Her face was a completely different color than the rest of her.

Her foundation made her look jaundiced.

Maybe that's where she lived when the show did their home visit.  

I thought she said she lived with her mother and that's where they did the home visit we saw with Pepper?

Yeah, that was a pretty ugly, unprofessional looking tattoo.

I thought it had a translucent bandage over it and that's why it looked strange???

• Love 3
3 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

It's absurd to think you'd get such a text and not keep it. That you would confront someone with such a damning text and not show it immediately. Even while she was denying she thought he was gay she still suggested it by letting him know there is nothing wrong with being gay. Its certainly wrong if you marry the opposite sex knowing you are attracted to the same sex.

The people who picked Henry and Christina to be matched should be interrogated (possibly waterboarded) . It must have been the opposites attract theory of match making. Is it really that difficult to match people with similar goals, values and philosophy of life? Couples can and should have differences on peripheral matters but huge matters like kids, politics and religious beliefs (or lack there of) are nearly impossible to overcome differences of opinion.

Olivia and Brett, Christina and Henry were non starters from the very outset. They didn't even share a belief in the existence of God, kids or how to handle finances. Its not a secret that finances are a major reason marriages fail even among people who otherwise love each other. It wasn't a surprise that Amani and Woody would have the potential to be a great couple. They were simpatico on the big ticket items. 

In this particular season I'm in the they set up couples for failure camp. Its like lets make a deal...sometimes you get zonked.

The thought of Dr. Pepper, Dr. Viv and Pastor Cal being waterboarded has me laughing.  I know it's wrong but I'm still chuckling.

The problem with the matches isn't the opposites attracting (or not, as it were) but their goals being vastly different.  On paper, Henry and Christina may have seemed a good match if what they wanted was similar and the "experts" believed that Christina's extroverted personality would bring Henry out of his shell and compliment him.  (And honestly, I don't remember what either of them were looking for.)   But Brett and Olivia wanted very different things.  Brett wants a family sooner rather than later; Olivia isn't sure she wants kids at all.  That's a difference that simply can't be overcome (nor should it be.)  Brett would rather own a home in a less-trendy part of town while Olivia would prefer renting in the locale she wants.  Olivia prefers going first class while Brett would rather be frugal.  As I've said before, neither are wrong in their desires.  And while some couples can meet in the middle -- there are plenty with one saver and one spender -- they never would because they basically annoyed the shit out of each other from the get go.  

I'm glad the "experts" got on Olivia's case somewhat because while I did see Brett trying to be affectionate with her, I never saw it from her end after the wedding.  I also think it's somewhat disingenuous of her to play the victim card with Brett being the villain when she's now admitting that she was turned off from Brett fairly quickly.   I understand why she was or might have been turned off but don't act stunned/upset/hurt/etc. by his leaving when the door has been closed, probably permanently, for weeks.

I did note that when the "experts" were getting on Olivia's case, her neck was super blotchy.

Christina really fucked up with Henry.  I think he's a good guy who will make someone an excellent husband.  He was pretty loyal to her, even when she was doing him wrong.  And even on Decision Day, he didn't totally throw her under the bus.  I have a feeling he could have said a lot more.  It sounds like he was told at the wedding reception less than flattering things about her which probably already skewered his opinion of her.  I think had she not acted like Henry was batting above his pay grade with her and cut such an attitude with him and the camera crew, he might have been able to start with a clean slate but between that and finding out she lied about where she lived, going out for a "walk" until after 1 am, forgetting his birthday and then, finally, the alleged gay text, it was too much.  

I'm happy that I was so wrong about Woody.  I thought he would end up being the biggest dog there but he is clearly head over heels with Amani.  They are a great match.

So too are Bennett and Amelia -- although I think their quirkiness would be exhausting.  I did appreciate that Amelia dressed like herself for Decision Day and not like she was headed for the meat market afterwards.  

Miles and Karen are doomed because Karen is just not into Miles.  If you can't even kiss after deciding to stay together after four months together, you should probably throw in the towel. 

• Love 12

Olivia is the biggest sour puss I have ever seen and I hate that she takes absolutely no ownership for her part in the failure of her marriage and also for the fact that she made Brett feel so guilty that he still appeared to be trying to make an effort to reconnect with her. And the "experts" were not holding her feet to the fire either, although it did not look like they were necessarily taking her side on this 100%. I don’t love Brett, but she is just a miserable buzz kill. This match was a disaster from day one. Their values and priorities couldn’t be farther apart.

Amani saying that she wanted a divorce - I did not think that little joke was the least bit funny. I hope the honeymoon phase of this relationship evolves into a solid union for these two.

I wish that we had been shown a bit more of the evolving relationship that Miles and Karen have been building but really have doubts about these two making it, unless there was a lot that we didn’t see. It seems that Miles wants marriage so badly that he has been doing all the work and I wish that if Karen wasn’t into him she would have just said no and spared him any more frustration.

I thought that Amelia looked the best I have seen her so far and Bennett looked like he was dressed in an organ grinder’s monkey’s costume. I would have laughed so hard if Amelia and Bennett came out and said that was not their car! But of course they loved the cheesiness of it.

ChristinA is such a liarface and she needs to cover up that chest - it is not a flattering look. I wonder if she thinks it makes her chin look smaller?? It doesn't. I feel terrible for Henry to have been matched with this loser, but he has always taken the high road and that must not have been easy.

I enjoyed this season much more than the previous few, and I am not going to comment on the previews as we know that they are always very misleading.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Some keep making it out like Miles is just worrird about sex. He has been consistent that zero intimacy is the problem. There isn't much closeness there.

I agree with you.  When Dr. Pepper told them to take sex off the table completely he was fine with it.  Dr. Pepper said that Karen needed to work on showing affection such as hand holding, kissing, cuddling, etc.  If she did that with Miles it wasn’t shown.

• Love 8

I felt like the experts were giving Olivia big clues that a lot of the problem was HER. She couldn't tell Brett what she wanted, other than whatever he said or did, was wrong. She at least admitted that she could have been more physical, but she wouldn't have trusted that, either. Brett would have been a tough one to be in a relationship with, but she was just too rigid in her opinions and too cold when she was with him. She seemed like she is much nicer and sweeter (and even smiles) when she is with anyone else.

I had read the spoilers that were out even before the first show and knew that Karen and Miles would stay together. I kept waiting to see why since she is so horrible and condescending to him, but I guess whatever happed the last few weeks is something we will never see. I am curious to see them at the reunion show and I have serious doubts that they will make it long term. She just is too shut off for him, or for anyone, actually. There is no warmth to her at all, and she is probably the least likable person I have seen on the few seasons of this goofy show I have watched (started with Dallas). I hope Miles doesn't stay just so he can be married like Woody.

I don't know how much before the show Bennett got his tattoo, but it didn't look like any fresh tattoo I have ever seen. It definitely didn't look like it was done professionally. But, I hope they will be fine and he doesn't have to return to his tiny house with no bathroom.'

• Love 7
59 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Henry would be right to be uneasy after Christina lied to him about where she lived.  And it wasn't like she said she lived in one neighborhood instead of another.  She lied about even living in NOLA.

true and he probably did, but decided to see if he could justify that and give her a chance to be honest from thereafter and she failed.

54 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Some features we can do without seeing! Olivia was advertising also.

Agreed.  Amani could have gone that route but worse something that was sexy but beautiful and flattering.  She should give the other girls some fashion pointers.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

I agree with you.  When Dr. Pepper told them to take sex off the table completely he was fine with it.  Dr. Pepper said that Karen needed to work on showing affection such as hand holding, kissing, cuddling, etc.  If she did that with Miles it wasn’t shown.

Yes!  That's what he kept saying was missing and if she can't even do that, why bother.  I give them a couple of months, maybe until after the holidays, though, if i was him, i would not want to waste my Christmas on her.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I had read the spoilers that were out even before the first show and knew that Karen and Miles would stay together. I kept waiting to see why since she is so horrible and condescending to him, but I guess whatever happed the last few weeks is something we will never see. I am curious to see them at the reunion show and I have serious doubts that they will make it long term. She just is too shut off for him, or for anyone, actually. There is no warmth to her at all, and she is probably the least likable person I have seen on the few seasons of this goofy show I have watched (started with Dallas). I hope Miles doesn't stay just so he can be married like Woody.

I don't know how much before the show Bennett got his tattoo, but it didn't look like any fresh tattoo I have ever seen. It definitely didn't look like it was done professionally. But, I hope they will be fine and he doesn't have to return to his tiny house with no bathroom.'

I would think Amani could probably introduce Miles to someone who could be a good match.  

Bennett running to wherever he uses the bathroom when he's in his little house and uses his 1 sheet.   Not a pretty thought.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I am famous.  I own three of Bennett’s nitegowns in pretty colors, and they are Cuddle Duds for women.  They are light as a feather and stretch.  I also have Amelia’s Sketchers sandles with all the straps.  Lol.  I love all of Karen’s and Amanis clothes.  I didn’t care for Karen’s outfit last night tho, plus her makeup.  Nobody asked me .. just sayin.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I am famous.  I own three of Bennett’s nitegowns in pretty colors, and they are Cuddle Duds for women.  They are light as a feather and stretch.  I also have Amelia’s Sketchers sandles with all the straps.  Lol.  I love all of Karen’s and Amanis clothes.  I didn’t care for Karen’s outfit last night tho, plus her makeup.  Nobody asked me .. just sayin.

Neat!   Do you scrunch yourself inside the orange one like Bennett did and say you are a long carrot?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I have thought for a long time that Karen needs to see a doctor about her lack of any sex drive at all!  They have hormone shots for that. 

If she really has no feelings at all for Miles cut him loose!

Something is wrong with her!

• Love 3