Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E03: The Splash Heard Round the OC

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Do not post current info on housewives in this episode thread.  Social media and other media reports go in either the episode thread or the individual character's thread.  

• Start Topic

On 10/28/2020 at 11:47 PM, Marley said:

Shannon’s dad must have money.

I've always assumed Shannon came from money.   I remember her talking about going to "Finishing School" in her early season and David mocking her for being born with a silver spoon in her mouth.   Meeting Big Dick Daddy (lovely, Kelly) kind of confirmed it.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3
On 10/28/2020 at 7:25 PM, Emmeline said:

Why do all these people throw money away renting?  I thought Shannon bought her house, not rent.  Excluding Bethenny Frankel’s luck and timing with her alcohol business have any other housewives parlayed their housewives notoriety into a successful product? Perhaps Shannon would be better off getting a financial advisor for the million plus from the divorce settlement.  I wonder how long she will get the $30,000 per month.

She never did get the $30K a month.  The judge ordered it as temporary support until the issues could be ironed out, but instead Shannon said she would settle for $22K per month, I think just to save him from having any more konniption fits.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 10/29/2020 at 2:48 AM, DeeplyShallow said:

I’m going to say it:

Brawnwyn is full of shit. I don’t buy that she’s an addict and I believe it’s all for a storyline.

I don’t think that Sean was implying threesome but I do understand why Gina felt uncomfortable getting that text. It was creepy with the wink and too familiar, given that they don’t have that type of friendship.

I look at the text this way:  If Sean's only concern was whether or not Gina got home all right, maybe he could have used language saying that in the text?  Instead, he says (paraphrasing) "my wife is asleep now that I got her back to the condo (winky emoji); it was fun spending time with you (smiley emoji)".  To me, the subtext seemed pretty obvious he was angling for an invitation.  How was it only about checking up on her safety when not one word about getting home safe was even mentioned?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 10/29/2020 at 5:02 AM, SweetieDarling said:

What?! No one mentioned the spot-on imitations of Shannon done by Emily and Kelly (and Shane in the back seat 🤣) on the way to the housewarming party!? I was rolling! The hand gestures! They knew exactly what she'd say and how she'd say it. And then Bravo with the montage of the hand movements! Best part of the episode! Shannon was probably livid watching it, but I thought it was hysterical.

Truly the high point of the show for me.

• Love 7
On 10/29/2020 at 10:32 AM, ChitChat said:

I went back to the first episode and re-watched some of it.  I can't find where Shannon said it, but in my mind, I thought I heard her say it at one time.  Maybe I'm remembering Emily claiming that Shannon said it.  Oh my, I'm so confused!  Shannon did walk through Gina's house saying things like "that's great," and "nice," but the look on her face was saying 'this is sad.'  It's as if she had to force those compliments out of herself. 

And I found it just as gross when Shannon said that her Dad closes down the bars with 25 year olds.  Ick.   It makes you wonder what Shannon has said about her Dad that led them to believe that he's a "big dick daddy."  That's gross too.  

I laughed when Kelly said that.  It's typical Kelly -- and Dad looked like he was totally enjoying her there paying rapt attention to him with her arm around his shoulders.  I thought it was one of the more fun moments of this episode.  

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

I look at the text this way:  If Sean's only concern was whether or not Gina got home all right, maybe he could have used language saying that in the text?  Instead, he says (paraphrasing) "my wife is asleep now that I got her back to the condo (winky emoji); it was fun spending time with you (smiley emoji)".  To me, the subtext seemed pretty obvious he was angling for an invitation.  How was it only about checking up on her safety when not one word about getting home safe was even mentioned?

I suspect bc he meant it real. While I hate Brawynyn and him I think it was exactly what he said . I mean, we are adults you do the next line “so...I’m bored. “

While she has every right to feel skeeved at that text she also has to remember he helped her get an Uber-the easiest thing of all time and Fuck if you have a DUI in background easier.  Non story to me- and the sad house- bring on the goods. 

• Love 2
On 10/29/2020 at 5:35 PM, goofygirl said:

"Clinical level MORON".....  I love it! Could one of you lovely people please explain to me why BrownWind (loooovvee that moniker!) is soooo pissed off at Gina?? I must have missed something somewhere in this miasma.

OTOH, thought Shannon's "lemon" party was soooo cute, too bad the shit hit the fan.  And her DAD.... Lort. Kelly calling him " BIG DICKDADDY"....

Wow.

I DO know some old coots who would be soo happy to be called that by ANY. OLD. BODY.  They're kinda sad, really.

It's one thing to have hubby in on her girl-on-girl events, but him hustling his own action crossed the line.  Or maybe because she didn't dig that text from him to Gina was being shown around and discussed.  I know I would be disgruntled as hell if any man of mine sent a text like that to another woman.

• Love 4

Finally watched the episode.

giphy.gif

In this one, I believe Shannon.  She admits she said the house is small.  Comparatively it is, especially as compared to hers.  It is tight fit for the Brady Bunch.  I doubt she called it sad.  Brauny played this so that no matter what Shannon says she can call her a liar.  Brauny is trying to be the new Tamra, stirring shit whenever she can.  I think she forgets that people put up with Tamra because she predated them on the show.   Whereas Brauny is new and not well liked.  Drunk or sober, she's an ass.  

I did like how Shannon affirmed Gina in her choice to buy a house.  She seemed sincere in what she was saying.

As far as text gate, meh.  Much ado about nothing.  Sean wrote a poorly worded text.  He may well think he has a friendlier relationship with Gina than he does.  I can understand why she would find it creepy coming from him, but I certainly wouldn't make it a big thing.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

I've always assumed Shannon came from money.   I remember her talking about going to "Finishing School" in her early season and David mocking her for being born with a silver spoon in her mouth.   Meeting Big Dick Daddy (lovely, Kelly) kind of confirmed it.  

Her maternal grandfather was Robert Shannon, former President and CEO of I. Magnin (hence the first name of Shannon).

Not sure what Big Dick Daddy did, or does.  But here are some references to their wealth from a Bravo blog:

When I turned 16, there was a gas crisis where people would wait in line for an hour to fill their car with gas. My father decided to put a gas tank on our property and we would pump our own gas through an antique gas dispenser. The first time I was about to drive to school on my own, I hit the dispenser with the car and the glass crown on the top fell and shattered. I got in a lot of trouble for that.

I was very fortunate growing up and I am incredibly thankful for that. That being said, it was important to my mother that we be humble and grounded. I had to be home at 10 AM every Saturday and Sunday to work on our 20 acre property. I appreciated everything that was given to me and I worked hard every single weekend. I try to do the same thing with my children. They have a list of chores longer than any of their friends and have to earn privileges. They do understand how fortunate they are.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Robert-Shannon-2901590.php

https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-12/blogs/shannon-beador/shannon-beador-my-mother-is-an

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

Sean (Shawn?) and Luann DeLesseps (RHNY) should get together. He can provide input for The Countess Collection's statement necklaces. A smaller, yet equally impactful, design could attract a wider demographic. That is, assuming The Countess Collection still exists. Shannon could consult on the alleged properties of the materials used: what crystals, minerals, geodes,..etc are best for immunity, fertility, serenity (NOW!),..etc...

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • LOL 12
47 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Sean (Shawn?) and Luann DeLesseps (RHNY) should get together. He can provide input for The Countess Collection's statement necklaces. A smaller, yet equally impactful, design could attract a wider demographic. That is, assuming The Countess Collection still exists. Shannon could consult on the alleged properties of the materials used: what crystals, minerals, geodes,..etc are best for immunity, fertility, serenity (NOW!),..etc...

I think they should get together for more than that, lol.   They both seem to love to party and don't let long standing relationships get in the way haha.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 10/31/2020 at 1:52 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

Self diagnosis is really self awareness and owning you have a problem. I have a close family member who would not admit or self diagnosis until he got into a drunken brawl at a business event. He was lucky to have not been fired...the CEO and board had a hearing and he was ordered into an outpatient rehab. He saw his GP who did labs and referred him to an outpatient facility that took his insurance. It included one to one counseling and group meetings every week. It was a four month program with after care. It saved his life because he would not ever admit he was out of control with his drinking. Seeing his physician who sounded the alarm to him and wanted to do labs on his liver was essential to getting him to rehab...he didn't really care much about the the company higher ups ultimatum since he could have easily taken his retirement instead...I know it's different for everyone but seeing his physcian who he trusts and knows him was the truning point. He's a year sober now and doing great. I think Brauwyn needs a physician to look at her liver and run tests...every woman should be getting regular physicals and especially those with substance abuse issues.

Yes, everybody is different. I also have a close relative who has a serious alcohol and cocaine addiction. He has been fired from two senior executive level jobs, and has had two interventions by family members. He is in his late 30s and none of this had prompted him to admit that he is powerless and needs help. Due to his unacceptable behaviour caused by his addiction and his unwillingness to accept that it is a problem,  recently his partner left him and took their toddler with her. This has been a wake up call for him and he is seeking some kind of outpatient treatment and as far as I know he has been clean for a couple of months. He has tons of family support but I am not convinced that even now he really gets it. I pray that with time he will be able to see his part in the path of destruction and will stay on the road to recovery and healing.

Being sober and being recovered are two very different things which is why the rates of relapse are so high. Along with complete abstinence, there is a ton of inner work that must be done. Many physical symptoms can be reversed once the substance is eliminated. 

I am glad that things have worked out for your relative and hope they continue that way.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

As far as text gate, meh.  Much ado about nothing.  Sean wrote a poorly worded text.  He may well think he has a friendlier relationship with Gina than he does.  I can understand why she would find it creepy coming from him, but I certainly wouldn't make it a big thing.

Then you could never be a RH!  Taking something small and making a season long big thing out of it seems to be the new theme (see RHOBH)   If that's Gina's biggest problem she's lucky.   Ditto with Brownwind.   Who has that kind of time anyway?   Boring. 

• Love 5

Why was Shannon’s new guy saying, “We should be on good terms with Emily”? Ugh. It always rubs me the wrong way when when the husbands/boyfriends get involved with this shit. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

The thing about Emily's daughter and animals is weird.  It doesn't seem like Annabelle is deliberately trying to hurt them but (and we saw this at the chicken farm last season too) just playing with them "lovingly" in a way that's completely inappropriate.  And that would make sense if she were two years old, but she's seven!  I agree with other posters, it's like nobody has ever taught her how to correctly interact with an animal.  We don't even have pets at my house, and my six-year-old knows that you never pet an animal without the owner's permission, there are only certain areas that you pet, and if the pet gets upset or runs away, you stop.  And my child is not a model citizen, but it's just basic common decency for the animal and safety for yourself.  I know someone who ended up in the hospital for a week after getting a cat bite.  They are no joke.   

• Love 4
On 10/29/2020 at 1:43 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

Couple things...

Braunwyn self diagnosing herself as an "alcoholic" seems sketchy to me. Any person with a modicum of edcuation would see their general practitioner and get a physical, lab work and a consult. A physician's referal to a reputable program that is thorough in a plan that includes after care would be what most people do. To self diagnose and not even consult with a health professional and then tag along with Shannon to her acupuncture guru is absurd. Alcholism is a disease that needs to be addressed both physically and mentally...what is wrong with these ditzy ladies?

Huh? Of the many dry alcoholics that I know none of them have gone in to have their alcoholism diagnosed by their general physician. They knew they were alcoholics because they couldn't say no to a drink, couldn't stop drinking once they started, etc. Some went to rehab where there was medical and psychiatric care. Some went to AA for group support. All of them took many attempts before they were finally able to stay sober for the long term. The only involvement their general physician had was to make sure their liver kidneys heart etc were good.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 10/29/2020 at 9:02 PM, Rambunctiouscurls said:

We will have to go through the archives. I believe BrownWind is holding a grudge that Gina flipped her lid when she called her little sis and when she made a condescending remark about public schools. The two never liked each other from the get. To make matters worse, creepy husband goes through his wife’s phone and sends a creepy text further humiliating BW. She should be mad at him but hey, misplaced anger is one of the ingredients in a successful hw recipe. 

I did get the sense that Gina jumped down Brawny's throat unnecessarily last season, over a series of seemingly innocuous comments.  I have no idea what Gina's problem was then.  That said, Brawny's response this season seems...disproportionate.  She really seems to be going for the jugular with Gina this season.  Brawny played this all wrong.  She could have laughed it off in front of Gina ("So I hear my husband was trying to coax you into our love nest, huh?"), explained that Shawn is a friendly guy and sometimes overuses emojis (or whatever) and maybe Gina would have bought it and maybe she wouldn't have, but that would have quickly diffused the whole thing.  But I guess if these women responded normally to anything, we wouldn't have a show.

Here's the thing about Brawny: I don't think this is all an act.  I absolutely believe that she has an alcohol abuse problem.  I don't think that's made up for the show.  I believe that she is a broken person, for reasons that stem back to her childhood.  I think she has a giant chasm within her that she has tried to fill with kids, and with diet/exercise, and with booze, and maybe with sex.  I have immense sympathy for her and I really do hope that she is able to resolve some of her issues, for her sake and those of her kids.  But, all that said, I also don't find her likable.  She is a thirsty, grifty, try-hard.  There's a lot about her that seems manufactured.  I don't want to watch her unravel on reality TV.  Interestingly, Vicki actually had her pegged, as I pointed out in a post last season, but it was hard to take Vicki seriously then because A) she's Satan; B) she has a history of being unnecessarily cruel to new HWs; and C) she was really biphobic and made it mostly about Brawny's sex life (which: who cares?).  Hopefully another plotline emerges soon (covid, I guess?) because in my opinion Brawny can't carry the show on her back.  

• Love 15
6 hours ago, J80134 said:

Huh? Of the many dry alcoholics that I know none of them have gone in to have their alcoholism diagnosed by their general physician. They knew they were alcoholics because they couldn't say no to a drink, couldn't stop drinking once they started, etc. Some went to rehab where there was medical and psychiatric care. Some went to AA for group support. All of them took many attempts before they were finally able to stay sober for the long term. The only involvement their general physician had was to make sure their liver kidneys heart etc were good.

You misunderstood my comment...of course self awareness that you have a drinking problem is one of the first steps to being sober...unfortunately, there are people that deny, deny, deny, deny that they have a problem and isn't until they get into trouble with the law or at work that they seek help. Having a GP guide someone to a good rehab or program and give them the health consequences of heavy drinking can be the red flag they need to do something about it. Not everybody has the self awareness or discipline to treat themselves and need straight talk from health professionals. Women, in particular, have co-morbidity issues with alcoholism with greater risks of breast cancer and other cancers, liver damage, heart disease, etc. My point was that Braunwyn self diagnosing should be bolstered by a physical and consultation with a GP or other health professional for support and guidance. She's had a lot of pregnancies, stress, etc...all these things can a take a toll on a woman's body and mind...drinking complicates this...and now there is COVID to add to it. That is all.

• Love 1

First time watching this season.  Was Shannon always this loud? Does she have to scream when she says something?  We are not deaf.  I’m only liking Gina, Emily, and the new girl so far.  Last season we had to hear about threesomes.  Now, it’s alcoholism all season, and Shannon and Dr. Moon again.  Are these husbands for real?  They all are in the women’s business.  Especially Brownstone’s husband.  I call her Brownstone as I’m from N.Y.C., so it’s not a mistake.  Shut up Shannon.  It’s a long season.   P.S.  Just because they have lots of money to burn doesn’t mean they need to have cosmetic surgery because they can.  Shannon had a beautiful face and lips, but now I don’t know what the he’ll she had done, but her lips that once were pretty, now look like shit.  I don’t miss Vikie or Tamra at all.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 2
On 11/1/2020 at 1:35 PM, Anne Thrax said:

BTW, what’s he doing home all day?  Butting into her business besides.  He’s a mamsy pamsey.

• LOL 3
9 hours ago, ladle said:

The thing about Emily's daughter and animals is weird.  It doesn't seem like Annabelle is deliberately trying to hurt them but (and we saw this at the chicken farm last season too) just playing with them "lovingly" in a way that's completely inappropriate.  And that would make sense if she were two years old, but she's seven!  I agree with other posters, it's like nobody has ever taught her how to correctly interact with an animal.  We don't even have pets at my house, and my six-year-old knows that you never pet an animal without the owner's permission, there are only certain areas that you pet, and if the pet gets upset or runs away, you stop.  And my child is not a model citizen, but it's just basic common decency for the animal and safety for yourself.  I know someone who ended up in the hospital for a week after getting a cat bite.  They are no joke.   

It looks as if the kids do what they want in Emily’s house.  It’s up to the parents to teach them the rules.  Emily doesn’t seem that kind of person.  From what I’ve seen, they run around inappropriately like they rule the house.

• Love 3
On 11/2/2020 at 4:03 AM, ladle said:

I cringed when I saw that there were small and young animals in that house.  Her son kicked the dog last year.  They don't seem like pet people.  They seem like 'buy this kid that kitten' type of people without any thought to how that little creature needs to be treated.  I  have a bad feeling about those animals around those people.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I cringed when I saw that there were small and young animals in that house.  Her son kicked the dog last year.  They don't seem like pet people.  They seem like 'buy this kid that kitten' type of people without any thought to how that little creature needs to be treated.  I  have a bad feeling about those animals around those people.

I really like Emily, but sometimes she’s not all there in the head, even if she’s an attorney.  Kicking a helpless dog makes me want to cry.  Take away that kids toys, games and t.v. for a few days and let him think about it.  Have another drink Emily, you dummy.

• Love 3

Hard to get a read on this Sean guy. "Wealthy" business owner, creative sexuality, married with many children, LuAn necklaces, etc. I watched his expressions while Brauny was having her emotional episodes. He seemed really detached and expressions, almost a smug/smirk.

Again, the with the alcoholic story line. Why are they choosing to turn these stupid housewive(s) shows into Bravo Intervention? At least this one is not as vicious as what we went thru with Dorinda.

• Love 6

Sean and Shane are the same person, right? I literally cannot remember which is which.

So Braunwyn and Sean/Shane are renewing their wedding vows or as we HW's call it, "putting the last nail in the coffin." Has she not seen this show before she joined, all vow renewals end in divorce, name one that hasn't gone down in renewal flames.

Gina has really picked up the pounds, she has quite the tummy.

New girl is interesting to me, I am still unsure about her but something is there under the surface, hopefully it will surface soon.

Kelly and her reporter seem okay together, she might have gotten a little dull though.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Sean and Shane are the same person, right? I literally cannot remember which is which.

Ha!  I get confused when I am reading comments and have to stop for a sec and think of which one is which.

I don’t know if anyone on here is familiar with NASCAR, but all I see when I see Shane is Chad Knaus.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Ha!  I get confused when I am reading comments and have to stop for a sec and think of which one is which.

I don’t know if anyone on here is familiar with NASCAR, but all I see when I see Shane is Chad Knaus.  

All I see when I see Shane is Jeremy Strong (Kendall from Succession).  

Is Sean actually SHAWN, or am I confusing him with another Shawn?

• LOL 1
On 10/28/2020 at 9:25 PM, Emmeline said:

Why do all these people throw money away renting?  I thought Shannon bought her house, not rent.  Excluding Bethenny Frankel’s luck and timing with her alcohol business have any other housewives parlayed their housewives notoriety into a successful product? Perhaps Shannon would be better off getting a financial advisor for the million plus from the divorce settlement.  I wonder how long she will get the $30,000 per month.

Alot of people's credit score is for shit after a divorce - regardless of "what you're worth".    Many variables go into being approved for a mortgage, ie debt ratio, responsibility of past debt history......

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 10/29/2020 at 12:32 AM, UsernameFatigue said:

Did Brauny really think that Shannon was going to have a liquor free house warming party because she was going? Seriously? Last week Brauny cried because Sean had a drink after she told him to. This week she thinks a party being filmed by Bravo is going to be dry because of Brauny? She really should not have signed up for this season if she is that fragile, and has that little of a grasp on the fact that the rest of the OC does not revolve around her. 

What Brauny needs is a good "old-fashioned soap opera star" bitch slap.  I vote Kelly to do the honors.    It's gonna be a long season with Brauny's overkil ~ she is so f'ing dramatic!   Just.can't.stand.her. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

So Braunwyn and Sean/Shane are renewing their wedding vows or as we HW's call it, "putting the last nail in the coffin." Has she not seen this show before she joined, all vow renewals end in divorce, name one that hasn't gone down in renewal flames.

Gina has really picked up the pounds, she has quite the tummy.

New girl is interesting to me, I am still unsure about her but something is there under the surface, hopefully it will surface soon.

Kelly and her reporter seem okay together, she might have gotten a little dull though.

shane is emily's husband and maybe braunie's husband is sean

On 10/30/2020 at 7:03 PM, stcroix said:

It's in episode 1 around the 21:20's when Braunwyn seemed to want to get Shannon to say something bad about Gina's home.  She asks if it's a tiny condo and Shannon replies that it's a townhome.  Then Braun makes a face saying,''With 6 kids...?" Shannon tries to play it off by saying something like," It's kind of a bunk bed situation, a boy bedroom and a girl bedroom." Something like that but not in a mean way. Braun says it sounds awful and Shannon said,''A lot." In my mind Shannon had said it was bad and depressing,too, but when I found it again it's like Braunwyn was trying to gossip about Gina's home and get Shannon to say something about it and I honestly think Shannon was trying to deflect from it and ended up just saying (it was) 'a lot'.  

I have too much time on my hands and clearly need a life.

SPOT ON.  Ep 1.  Exactly right, Braunwynne was trying to get Shannon to say something bad about Gina's house situation , and she didn't.  Brauwynne, if anything is culpable, as she says:  "it sounds awful", and Shannon doesn't add anything to that.

Was something said off camera?  Who knows. 

Next issue is when Braunwynne brings it up in this episode, she says the comment was made likely on the trip to Dr. Moon, because Braunwynne references that she asked her husband after the trip to the doctor about what she remembered Shannon had said.  So....Was there a second (possible) commenting on Gina's townhome?  Again who knows.  But as people pointed out, if Shannon had said somewhere on camera they likely would have given us a flashback to it.  My opinion, I think not.  I think Gina had a preconceived opinion on Gina's situation and projects that onto Shannon, stemming from the episode 1 discussion where (I think) she assumes Shannon agrees with her "awful" opinion; then that alleged agreement becomes her talking point, that Shannon said Gina's place was sad/depressing.

jmo, Braunwynne's sobriety does not make her an angel.

ETA: In this episode Braunwynne tells Gina that she has talked tons of smack about her and that she owns it.  She just imo, has assigned the same opinion and those words to Shannon as well.  I'm not much of a Shannon defender, but I will this time, unless the words were off camera.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 5