Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E03: The Splash Heard Round the OC

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Do not post current info on housewives in this episode thread.  Social media and other media reports go in either the episode thread or the individual character's thread.  

• Start Topic

An entire episode where the drama was calling someone's house sad and depressing.  Yikes.  That said, I totally believe Braunie.  Shannon's defense "that's not in my vocabulary"?  Sad isn't in your vocabulary? She def. protested too much.

That said, I like Gina.  I couldn't stand her first season.  But I think she's very likable.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 10

Gina wants to believe Shannon because of her otherwise supportive behavior. She is no Tamra, Lucifer’s homegirl so I am inclined to believe her as well. Braunwyn’s throwing her under the bus to take the heat off her admittedly incessant shit talking about Gina scores zero points with me. 

• Love 16
21 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Why do all these people throw money away renting?  I thought Shannon bought her house, not rent.  Excluding Bethenny Frankel’s luck and timing with her alcohol business have any other housewives parlayed their housewives notoriety into a successful product? Perhaps Shannon would be better off getting a financial advisor for the million plus from the divorce settlement.  I wonder how long she will get the $30,000 per month.

Right? Gina's the smartest one of them all.

I mean, the houses they are renting are big and must be costing a lot of $. I get why people rent, but with families why wouldn't you buy? Esp. if they supposedly have $.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

The season when Alexis was on with Heather they all made fun of Alexis because she was renting. Well looks like 1/2 of the current housewives are renting. I wonder what high and mighty Heather would have to say about this?

• LOL 7
  • Love 6

"Clinical level MORON".....  I love it! Could one of you lovely people please explain to me why BrownWind (loooovvee that moniker!) is soooo pissed off at Gina?? I must have missed something somewhere in this miasma.

OTOH, thought Shannon's "lemon" party was soooo cute, too bad the shit hit the fan.  And her DAD.... Lort. Kelly calling him " BIG DICKDADDY"....

Wow.

I DO know some old coots who would be soo happy to be called that by ANY. OLD. BODY.  They're kinda sad, really.

Edited by goofygirl
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

If one of my friend's husbands put her to bed, then took the time to text me and say they put her to bed and they had a great time spending time with me, I would most definitely think it was putting out feelers to gauge my interest.  Gina and Braunie have never been close friends.  Why would he text her of all people?  

Trust me, that's a feeler.  

Gina may not be the most gorgeous girl in the world, but that doesn't mean he isn't interested in her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
9 minutes ago, watcherwoman said:

ON WWHL, Gina said Brawny was responsible for bringing up the text message on the show.  Gina wasn't going to discuss it on air, but Brawny talked to the others about it.  Good old Brawny, always hunting for a story line.  IF she really is this messed up human being with childhood issues and problems with alcohol,  she needs to get off of this reality show.  At some point after having 7 children, she has to know that her job  will always be to protect those kids, and she's doing a piss poor job of parenting.    I'm not excusing her greasy husband from this mess.  Those are his kids too, (probably?) and he is going along with this embarrassing display on national tv.  This couple creeps me out, I'd rather watch Vickie get her love tanked filled than spend any more time watching Brawny and Sean.

As far as the text is concerned,  all he had to say was "I'm just checking, did you get home safely?"  That's it.  He puts out a sleezy  vibe, and many of us can tell if a man is fishing, or if he's being a gentleman.   I'm old, you learn these things over the years.  

Yes, the poor kitty!!   What happens to these poor animals that appear on these shows?  I'm still wondering where Heather DuBrow's 2 doodle dogs went after we saw them once as puppies.   

RHOC-Gina-Kirschenheiter-Claims-Braunwyn

When I read the text, it sounds like he is saying he's just checking in to tell Gina that he got his drunk ass wife home and all is okay. Like  Braunie got drunk again at a gathering and is sleeping it off now.  That doesn't say he's checking into see if Gina is okay.  

This is the type of message a man writes hoping for "It was great spending time with you too, Sean!" to get the convo going.  Probably hoping that by saying Braunie is sleeping that Gina feels comfortable texting him back w/o her knowing.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Useful 4
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, Boo Boo said:

RHOC-Gina-Kirschenheiter-Claims-Braunwyn

When I read the text, it sounds like he is saying he's just checking in to tell Gina all is okay.  To me, this reads like Braunie got drunk again at a gathering and is sleeping it off now.  That doesn't say he's checking into see if Gina is okay. 

This is the type of message a man writes hoping for "It was great spending time with you too, Sean!" to get the convo going.  

Yes,  I agree.   I tried to give him a very small benefit of the doubt if he really was worried, he could have sent a different type of message.  I don't trust him at all.   

• Love 20
21 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

"Clinical level MORON".....  I love it! Could one of you lovely people please explain to me why BrownWind (loooovvee that moniker!) is soooo pissed off at Gina?? I must have missed something somewhere in this miasma.

OTOH, thought Shannon's "lemon" party was soooo cute, too bad the shit hit the fan.  And her DAD.... Lort. Kelly calling him " BIG DICKDADDY"....

Wow.

I would love to since you asked so nicely. 😂

We will have to go through the archives. I believe BrownWind is holding a grudge that Gina flipped her lid when she called her little sis and when she made a condescending remark about public schools. The two never liked each other from the get. To make matters worse, creepy husband goes through his wife’s phone and sends a creepy text further humiliating BW. She should be mad at him but hey, misplaced anger is one of the ingredients in a successful hw recipe. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9

Thank you Rambunctiouscurls!  I think I must have forgotten the earlier stuff!

But, still...  Sean and BrownWind seem to have some troubles, yes??  Which one of them actually gets a PAYCHECK every so often?  I mean, they have SEVEN CHILDREN.....

Edited by goofygirl
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TV Glotzer said:

If this is gonna be a whole season of Brown Wind’s self-righteous recovery narrative, in which she’s projecting her anger about not drinking onto everyone else, I don’t know how I will last.

The HWs franchise is not where you want to be when trying to get sober.  Some of the shows have devolved into sloppy, drunken, and naked women running around making fools of themselves.  I'd like to see the drinking toned down.  C'mon show!  Show me what's so fabulous about the OC!!  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Yep  we are watching  a show where a couple of women are arguing about who said what about someone's house and a sad sack Braunwyn announcing to anyone who will listen "I'm an alcoholic" and then running and crying when she sees booze. You know if you are trying to get sober and the sight of alcohol is so disturbing then maybe not have a job where your co-workers are imbibing almost everytime when you are working around them. Just not the best way to get sober. Me thinks Braunwyn is more concerned with holding on to her orange than getting sober. Good luck to her butif this is what the rest of the season is about Bravo made a huge mistake. 

I agree with you however...I think Shannon should have been more sensitive to Braunwyn's newness to sobriety as the hostess and told her she had several "mock"tails or sparkling waters, etc. that the bartender would be glad to serve her. To walk in and have Shannon talking up tequila was kind of passive aggressive at the very least. On the other hand, hanging around with these women who day drink and drink themselves under the table at parties and on trips would not be optiomal for someone who is self professed "alcoholic". Just ask the Countess on RHONY.

• Love 3

I will be keeping an eye out for repeats because the Meagan PI in me wants to rewatch the scene to confirm whether Shannon called Gina's house sad.

Also.  If I ever start dating again, I'm coming to all of you to interpret texts sent to me.  I've always been sort of dense in the "come on" department of dating and wouldn't have given Sean's text another thought.  You gotta be obvious for me to get it.🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, dosodog said:

I will be keeping an eye out for repeats because the Meagan PI in me wants to rewatch the scene to confirm whether Shannon called Gina's house sad.

They've got the full episodes on Bravotv.com, but you'll have to sign on using DirecTV, Dish, or whatever service you might have.  I tried to find it, but couldn't.  I'm too impatient to re-watch all of the previous episodes though! 🙂 

I'm hoping that Sean's text wasn't meant to be creepy, but I can see where Gina thought it was.  His line of "it was great to spend some time with you" was awkward.  He should've said that he and Braunwyn enjoyed their evening, and left it at that.  

• Love 6
19 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Maybe they're holding it for the reunion!  I swear I heard her say "sad" to Gina's living situation, but I never heard the word 'depressing.'  ...

IIRC, Shannon has said "sad OR depressing", but I can't be 100% affirmative. ETA : And it was in last ep, not on this one, I think. Can't rewatch it without downloading it again, etc., so.... My post is kinda useless !

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 3

The other thing that struck me about the text to Gina is he picked the one housewife that has the most negative history with Braunwyn -- like he was hoping that since Gina and Braunie aren't on the best of terms, she would get off on secret texts between the two.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

They've got the full episodes on Bravotv.com, but you'll have to sign on using DirecTV, Dish, or whatever service you might have.  I tried to find it, but couldn't.  I'm too impatient to re-watch all of the previous episodes though! 🙂 

I'm hoping that Sean's text wasn't meant to be creepy, but I can see where Gina thought it was.  His line of "it was great to spend some time with you" was awkward.  He should've said that he and Braunwyn enjoyed their evening, and left it at that.  

If you have On Demand you can wtch episode 1. It's maybe 1/2 through the episode. I did not hear Shannon call either Gina or Gina's house sad. The conversation with Braunwyn was strange. Braunwyn said something derogatory about Gina's livining situation and Shannon said It's a lot. I think meaning there are a lot of people living in the townhouse. I would not be surprised if Shannon did say something like the living arrangements were said. I suspect Bravo cut up this scene and will bring it back with additional comments later on or at the reunion. 

• Love 2

Gina really went off on Braunwyn. Sometimes I wonder if she's jealous of B. I was surprised Shannon got so angry at Braunwyn at her party. Shannon's guy seems kind of weird to me or maybe he's just shy in front of the cameras. I'll have to get used to Elizabeth lol. Yeah Braunwyn is going through a lot of pressure with the drinking. Its hard being sober.

• Love 4

I can't with this show. It is beyond boring. I do not care about Brownind and her drinking. Not even sure I believe any of it, it reeks of phony story line. Emily and Gina are boring, and I can't stand Kelly. On Gina's Condo, it looks to be roughly the same size as the one I sold 2 years ago. Maybe a bit larger, but I lived alone. Considering her location, which must be in South County, that little condo they are looking down their noses at is easily worth around $600,000. Mine, in West OC-Sold for 489,000, but that isn't much in OC. I cannot believe that these women are throwing money, and very big money away on rent. At least Gina is building equity and getting a tax write off. I do miss Vickie's house, if not Vickie. I want to see lifestyles I don't live, not women renting or living in a condo not much better than mine.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 11
19 hours ago, Rambunctiouscurls said:

Since no one knows what Sean does for a living, I will happily assume it’s something shady. And as we can see, BrownWind is working overtime to keep her orange. Surely they wouldn’t fire a newly out and sober hw? 

Sean owns a tech company called ChannelStars.

https://imanetwork.com/legacy/iec/2020/06/22/welcome-new-iec-member-sean-burke-president-at-channelstars

• Useful 4
18 hours ago, ChitChat said:

The HWs franchise is not where you want to be when trying to get sober.  Some of the shows have devolved into sloppy, drunken, and naked women running around making fools of themselves.  I'd like to see the drinking toned down.  C'mon show!  Show me what's so fabulous about the OC!!  

Sadly, the truly fabulous things in OC will never be shown on television by this collection of interlopers.  We're stuck with rental houses and chain restaurants.  

• Love 5
On 10/29/2020 at 12:43 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

Couple things...

Braunwyn self diagnosing herself as an "alcoholic" seems sketchy to me. Any person with a modicum of edcuation would see their general practitioner and get a physical, lab work and a consult. A physician's referal to a reputable program that is thorough in a plan that includes after care would be what most people do. To self diagnose and not even consult with a health professional and then tag along with Shannon to her acupuncture guru is absurd. Alcholism is a disease that needs to be addressed both physically and mentally...what is wrong with these ditzy ladies?

Kelly Dodd is a disgusting piece of trash...low class and vulgar. And isn't she pushing 50? She acts like a sexed up 19 year old with no impulse control. 

I have been in recovery from alcohol addiction for 18 years. Every alcoholic that I know has made that diagnosis themselves. You can be an alcoholic without having any physical symptoms if you are lucky enough to catch it before your body and mind start failing, so lab tests and doctors are not the least bit helpful. It is simply recognizing that you have no control over how much you drink and that life has become unmanageable, and admitting that you need help - that is hitting bottom. There are many options for recovery including treatment centres and AA, to mention a couple. Aftercare is a lifelong pursuit.  

Having said that, I do not think that Brawnwyn is faking it. She displays all the characteristics and I have heard her spouting off some AA jargon, so she clearly has attended at least one meeting. I have never seen one single person that has attended AA that didn't belong there, unless maybe it was court mandated. Maybe she needs the money, but this show is the last place she should be for the sake of her own sobriety and mental well being. It is quite clear that she has a lot of unresolved trauma and she needs to do a lot of inner work and probably seek professional help. YMMV on all of this.

I wish her well, but she is not doing herself  (or us) any favours by being on this show and in the rags every week. I remember vividly how difficult it was in the early days to just get through each day and I personally learned how to navigate social situations but it was not easy, as I tend to be a private and introverted person, unlike these attention seekers.

Agree on Kelly - she is trash.

Edited by lizajane
Added something
  • Useful 2
  • Love 15

RE: The "GIna's Condo is SAD" kerfluffle.

I still had a few epis in the DVR, so I reviewed them. Can't say it's the most thorough because I did FF a bit, but here it is. Hope it's helpful!

Tequila Epi

Gina and Emily at restaurant:

Gina complaining that Braunwyn is talking about her

Cut to scene of Braunwyn and Kelli in car (screen banner thingmabob says" One week earlier")

B: Gina and her boyfriend bought a condo. It's like 1,600 square feet and they have six kids together

K: (incredulous) Together!?

B: I think making good decisions really isn't her thing. Laughs.

Earlier Episode:

Shannon visits Gina at her new place. Gina gives her a tour, Shannon says, it's really nice. IT's nice.

In TH, Shan says: Is it small? Yes, but they've made it work. What she's done with it so far, I'm impressed.

Episode: An Unexpected secret

Shan at Braunwyn's house

B: Is it true that she's in a condo? Like a tiny condo?

Shan: She's in like, a townhome

B: Okay

Sh: Yeah. So there's a boy bunkbed room and a girl bunkbed room

Shan, not smiling as she says this.

B: It just sounds awful

S: Make one of those ai yi yi facial expressions

B: It just sounds awful. I mean it sounds cute, but awful.

S: (Another kind of slight eek face) It's a lot.

So Braunwyn being quite critical, and Shannon sort of non-verbally, expressing her lack of enthusiasm.

But, if Shannon used the word "sad" she must have used it somewhere else because I didn't hear it or read it on the CC.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
5 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Can someone tell me what the episode title means? 

I'm guessing it's when Brauwyn threw her drink down at Shannon's party.  That's the only 'splash' I saw!  I think we were to assume that someone was going to get thrown in the pool, but that didn't happen.  

25 minutes ago, lizajane said:

There are many options for recovery including treatment centres and AA, to mention a couple. Aftercare is a lifelong pursuit.  

Thank you for sharing your story, lizajane.  I wish you all the best. 🙂

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Jel, that's what I heard. Shannon might have thought sad or depressed but she didn't say it on camera that  they showed.

Agreed 65mickey. I felt Shan conveyed, at least "not great", re: Gina's house, but she did it non-verbally. I can sort of see why Braunwyn came away with the impression that Shannon said it was sad, from her half-wince, but as far as I can tell she didn't say those words.  Does Braunwyn claim there was another, off-camera conversation, or is she basing her interpretation of what Shannon "said" on that conversation?  Who knows.

I will add this though. Gina feels picked on by Brawny, but Gina, in all those conversations I watched, was also tossing out some unkind words about Braunwyn as well. I though she was giving as good as she got, and she was saying this "behind B's back", so no angels really in this scenario.

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, Jel said:

Gina feels picked on by Brawny, but Gina, in all those conversations I watched, was also tossing out some unkind words about Braunwyn as well. I

I wonder if she felt any remorse for yelling at Braunwyn about how wasted she gets and to go on and get drunk/wasted again.  Even Emily was making fun of her for not reaching out to Gina.  It was dumb to say that she was getting a facial and that's why she didn't call, but it seemed like a pile-on by the ladies at Shannon's party, and they weren't very nice to her.  I really don't like seeing that kind of behavior.  

One thing that gets on my nerves with some of the HWs is the constant flipping of their hair, checking their lipstick, and preening in front of every mirror they run across.  It's as if they have to look picture perfect every minute of the day.  I'd like to see less makeup on some of them and for them to quit trying so hard to look like they're ready for a photo shoot.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Jel said:

But, if Shannon used the word "sad" she must have used it somewhere else because I didn't hear it or read it on the CC.

My impression is that Braunwyn is saying that there was a second conversation about Gina's condo, one at which Sean was present, Shannon stated that she would deny it if Braunwyn repeated what she said, and at which no cameras were present (because Shannon wouldn't have said that she would just deny it later if the cameras were still there).

Which is, of course, very convenient for Braunwyn, although I do believe that it's not uncommon for HWs to have a "guarded," carefully worded conversation for the cameras and then have an "Okay, here's what I really think conversation" after the mics are off and the crew is gone.

Shannon's reaction in going from 0 to 100 makes me suspicious that she did say it, however, I haven't been a regular watcher of OC since its 6th season except for an attempt to come back to it in 11 (I noped the hell out because I couldn't stand watching Kelly) so I'm aware that for all I know that's just how Shannon is all the time about everything.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Steph J said:

Shannon's reaction in going from 0 to 100 makes me suspicious that she did say it, however, I haven't been a regular watcher of OC since its 6th season except for an attempt to come back to it in 11 (I noped the hell out because I couldn't stand watching Kelly) so I'm aware that for all I know that's just how Shannon is all the time about everything.

I think that most all of the HWs are very good at slinging insults and then denying them.  Shannon was really good at turning the whole thing around on Braunwyn and the other ladies jumped right on in.  If Braunwyn is lying, then I can understand Shannon being upset, but I've always thought that Shannon was good at turning things around and doing the "no, not me" kind of thing.  That's just my view of her.  

Emily & Kelly's impression of her was spot-on and hilarious!  The best thing about the episode was seeing Archie!  I'd sit and watch an entire hour of just him!  What a sweet dog. 

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Steph J said:

My impression is that Braunwyn is saying that there was a second conversation about Gina's condo, one at which Sean was present, Shannon stated that she would deny it if Braunwyn repeated what she said, and at which no cameras were present (because Shannon wouldn't have said that she would just deny it later if the cameras were still there).

Which is, of course, very convenient for Braunwyn, although I do believe that it's not uncommon for HWs to have a "guarded," carefully worded conversation for the cameras and then have an "Okay, here's what I really think conversation" after the mics are off and the crew is gone.

The more I think about it, the more I think that neither one of these women are really credible. Braunwyn saying Shannon would deny saying it was sly. If Shannon didn't say it, OF COURSE she would deny it, and if she DID say it, she'd probably deny it, so it's a lose-lose for Shannon, and makes Braunwyn look less guilty. 

I don't trust Braunwyn and Shawn. There's something very seedy about them, imo. I wish Braunwyn well with her sobriety journey, but there's something about her (them) that seems forced and phony. jmo.

• Love 9
On 10/28/2020 at 9:39 PM, ChitChat said:

I tried to find where Shannon said "sad" to Gina's living situation, but it's not in the scenes I rewatched.  I'm positive she said it, but maybe I'm losing it and just think I heard it!   Unfortunately, Braunwyn chimed in about it by saying "Sounds awful.  Cute, but awful."  That was after hearing about the bunk beds in 2 rooms.  Oh, Braunwyn, just when I was rooting for you, and I go dig up some footage of you saying something awful.  What an elitist thing to say.  

It's in episode 1 around the 21:20's when Braunwyn seemed to want to get Shannon to say something bad about Gina's home.  She asks if it's a tiny condo and Shannon replies that it's a townhome.  Then Braun makes a face saying,''With 6 kids...?" Shannon tries to play it off by saying something like," It's kind of a bunk bed situation, a boy bedroom and a girl bedroom." Something like that but not in a mean way. Braun says it sounds awful and Shannon said,''A lot." In my mind Shannon had said it was bad and depressing,too, but when I found it again it's like Braunwyn was trying to gossip about Gina's home and get Shannon to say something about it and I honestly think Shannon was trying to deflect from it and ended up just saying (it was) 'a lot'.  

I have too much time on my hands and clearly need a life.

• LOL 12
  • Love 5

I’m liking Shannon this season. I hope the new guy works out. I can’t remember if she made a negative remark about Ginas condo.  My previous home was 1600 sq ft and while I didn’t consider it small, 6 children would be a lot when they are all there.

I didn’t like Braunwyn at all last year. This year I don’t mind the poor rich alcoholic story but don’t see how it can be a whole season of it. I also don’t see how she would want to film while trying to get sober. The fight with Gina isn’t worth getting worked up over. Fake drama.

My favorites are Archie and oddly, Shane. He cracks me up.

• Love 8

Maybe Bronwyn’s journey would be more interesting to viewers if anyone actually cared about her. She wasn’t exactly polarizing or likeable last season. Her quirky family and free range husband don’t really seem to appeal to people. I wish her well, but I don’t care to watch her struggles all season. 

I’m really disliking Shannon this season- she seems cold, narcissistic, and a bit too concerned with her brand. She’s become camera/storyline savvy. 

• Love 13

I wish Shannon would stop dragging various cast members, and the audience, to that non-doctor with all of the meaningless letters after his name.  I really don't care if their belly buttons are emitting negative energy or whatever mumbo-jumbo he's saying after glancing at them for twelve seconds.  Can't we just watch a few more minutes of Archie instead?

• Love 11

This is for Shannon and Gina, sung to Michael Jackson's 'Bad'.   Let me preface this by saying that I'm not making fun of small homes (mine's not much bigger than Gina's), but I wanted to poke fun of the whole situation.  Our neighborhood has lots of ranch-style homes which are quite roomy.  My house is a bit smaller than them and is known as the "cute little house" around the curve.   I admire Gina for purchasing a home on her own.  That is something to be proud of. 

Your house is sad
Gonna tell you right
Just three bedrooms
Man this is tight
I'm telling you
On how I feel
Gonna hurt your pride
This can't be real

I'm giving you
On count of three
To show your house
So I can see
I'm telling you
It's way too small
This tiny house
Would make me bawl

Well they say the sky's the limit
And for me that's really true
But you my friend got nothin'
Your house just makes me blue 

Because I'm sad, I'm sad, come on 
You know I'm sad, I'm sad you know 
You know I'm sad, I'm sad come on, you know
And the housewives have to answer right now
Just to tell you once again
I'm sad.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

I wish Shannon would stop dragging various cast members, and the audience, to that non-doctor with all of the meaningless letters after his name.  I really don't care if their belly buttons are emitting negative energy or whatever mumbo-jumbo he's saying after glancing at them for twelve seconds.  Can't we just watch a few more minutes of Archie instead?

Agreed.  There's holistic healing and quakery and I believe he is an absolute quack.  Shannon seems to smart to fall for his bullshit, so I don't get it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/30/2020 at 10:42 AM, ErikaOnline said:

Gina really went off on Braunwyn. Sometimes I wonder if she's jealous of B. I was surprised Shannon got so angry at Braunwyn at her party. Shannon's guy seems kind of weird to me or maybe he's just shy in front of the cameras. I'll have to get used to Elizabeth lol. Yeah Braunwyn is going through a lot of pressure with the drinking. Its hard being sober.

I can't imagine why anyone would be jealous of Brauny, let alone Gina.  She has a nutjob for a mother, a creepy husband that needs threesomes (or maybe it is Brauny that does) to keep their relationship together, has more children than brains, and thinks she is mother of the year but actually has two nannies raising her kids. In addition she lives in a rented house that appears to be half the size that she claims it is, and is continuing on, even sober, her unstable ways. If anything is sad and /or depressing, it is Brauny's life. Drunk or sober. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
22 hours ago, lizajane said:

I have been in recovery from alcohol addiction for 18 years. Every alcoholic that I know has made that diagnosis themselves. You can be an alcoholic without having any physical symptoms if you are lucky enough to catch it before your body and mind start failing, so lab tests and doctors are not the least bit helpful. It is simply recognizing that you have no control over how much you drink and that life has become unmanageable, and admitting that you need help - that is hitting bottom. There are many options for recovery including treatment centres and AA, to mention a couple. Aftercare is a lifelong pursuit.  

Having said that, I do not think that Brawnwyn is faking it. She displays all the characteristics and I have heard her spouting off some AA jargon, so she clearly has attended at least one meeting. I have never seen one single person that has attended AA that didn't belong there, unless maybe it was court mandated. Maybe she needs the money, but this show is the last place she should be for the sake of her own sobriety and mental well being. It is quite clear that she has a lot of unresolved trauma and she needs to do a lot of inner work and probably seek professional help. YMMV on all of this.

I wish her well, but she is not doing herself  (or us) any favours by being on this show and in the rags every week. I remember vividly how difficult it was in the early days to just get through each day and I personally learned how to navigate social situations but it was not easy, as I tend to be a private and introverted person, unlike these attention seekers.

Agree on Kelly - she is trash.

Self diagnosis is really self awareness and owning you have a problem. I have a close family member who would not admit or self diagnosis until he got into a drunken brawl at a business event. He was lucky to have not been fired...the CEO and board had a hearing and he was ordered into an outpatient rehab. He saw his GP who did labs and referred him to an outpatient facility that took his insurance. It included one to one counseling and group meetings every week. It was a four month program with after care. It saved his life because he would not ever admit he was out of control with his drinking. Seeing his physician who sounded the alarm to him and wanted to do labs on his liver was essential to getting him to rehab...he didn't really care much about the the company higher ups ultimatum since he could have easily taken his retirement instead...I know it's different for everyone but seeing his physcian who he trusts and knows him was the truning point. He's a year sober now and doing great. I think Brauwyn needs a physician to look at her liver and run tests...every woman should be getting regular physicals and especially those with substance abuse issues.

• Love 5

I mean this more in jest than true logistics but didn’t this all start bc Sean helped Gina get an Uber?   I can attest- you can be three sheets and hit “Request UberX” so that part cracks me up too.  What help is needed!

To the “sad” condo- Gina doesn’t even seem that it really bothers her so they need to stop giving that story time.  

I think I’m easier to please these days on these shit shows due to work from home/Covid so I enjoyed this episode and appreciate the escape. 

• Love 6