Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E03: The Splash Heard Round the OC

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Do not post current info on housewives in this episode thread.  Social media and other media reports go in either the episode thread or the individual character's thread.  

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I think we all are when it comes to defending our points of view 😛hehehe at the end of the day this is an edited reality show and we arnt seeing the full picture only what they want us to see... and especially with everything that is going on in the world right now and the stress of just life in general we all tend to get a little passionate about things that normally we wouldn’t  .... so I would like to apologize if I was coming off harsh because that was not my intent at all.. I was trying to defend my point like everyone else does on these boards and in no way did I mean for it to come off in anyway offensive.. my grandmother taught me better then that... 😁

To be honest, sometimes I think you post a lot about one issue and say the same thing over. That phrase “dog with a bone” springs to mind... but, I’m not negative about it... I just scroll on by if I need to! I don’t think you are ever offensive, just passionate as I said before. I think I would have fun with you debating life around the dinner table!

And... on episode topic... I can’t remember if you were one of the cynics about BrownWind’s alcoholism/sobriety arc... but 33 mins into the ep, I think she is trying really hard and displaying admirable humility about her parenting (child went to nanny before mummy).

ps/ hello from Down Under!

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

To be honest, sometimes I think you post a lot about one issue and say the same thing over. That phrase “dog with a bone” springs to mind... but, I’m not negative about it... I just scroll on by if I need to! I don’t think you are ever offensive, just passionate as I said before. I think I would have fun with you debating life around the dinner table!

And... on episode topic... I can’t remember if you were one of the cynics about BrownWind’s alcoholism/sobriety arc... but 33 mins into the ep, I think she is trying really hard and displaying admirable humility about her parenting (child went to nanny before mummy).

ps/ hello from Down Under!

I can see that.. yea sometimes I do get hyper focused on one thing and will defend that point over and over I do need to work on that .. I think it’s just from years of growing up with a absentee mother I felt didn’t hear what I was saying .. I think that’s another reason I defend B and in extension her husband because I see a lot of what I went through growing up in her .. we seem to have a shared history of having a really shit mother who we wanted to just love us but didn’t and when we got older now tries to parent ... she used alcohol to mask the pain I just emotionally cut people off and don’t get close to anyone to the point they can hurt me... so I do tend to see her point of view a little easier ... and I respect her seeing the issue with drinking and attempting to fix it. And being scared shitless that no one is gonna like the real her because they have only seen the fun “dunk” B and what if they don’t want to be her friend anymore because she isn’t that way.. that has to be scary as hell and it totally circles back to the abandonment issue she has with her mother... 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 18
4 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

keywestclubkid, it also doesn't really matter if you think Sean's text was creepy or not. If Gina found it inappropriate, then that is the way she felt about it and no amount of arguing about it is going to make her feel differently. 

That is 100% true 

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I can see that.. yea sometimes I do get hyper focused on one thing and will defend that point over and over I do need to work on that .. I think it’s just from years of growing up with a absentee mother I felt didn’t hear what I was saying .. I think that’s another reason I defend B and in extension her husband because I see a lot of what I went through growing up in her .. we seem to have a shared history of having a really shit mother who we wanted to just love us but didn’t and when we got older now tries to parent ... she used alcohol to mask the pain I just emotionally cut people off and don’t get close to anyone to the point they can hurt me... so I do tend to see her point of view a little easier ... and I respect her seeing the issue with drinking and attempting to fix it. And being scared shitless that no one is gonna like the real her because they have only seen the fun “dunk” B and what if they don’t want to be her friend anymore because she isn’t that way.. that has to be scary as hell and it totally circles back to the abandonment issue she has with her mother... 

Some people think it’s just a ‘story line’ for this season, but I see true pain and her ‘white knuckling it’ through the episodes we’ve seen. Hanging on tight.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

What?! No one mentioned the spot-on imitations of Shannon done by Emily and Kelly (and Shane in the back seat 🤣) on the way to the housewarming party!? I was rolling! The hand gestures! They knew exactly what she'd say and how she'd say it. And then Bravo with the montage of the hand movements! Best part of the episode! Shannon was probably livid watching it, but I thought it was hysterical.

or what about Emily now wanting to be the "fun" Emily and do shots and get drunk ... its like she is trying to turn herself into one of the Tres amigos now that Vicki and Tamra are gone .... it just seems forced

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Keywestclubkid said:

or what about Emily now wanting to be the "fun" Emily and do shots and get drunk ... its like she is trying to turn herself into one of the Tres amigos now that Vicki and Tamra are gone .... it just seems forced

Agreed, Emily seems to by trying a little too hard, so far, this season. The shots with Gina (tho that was a fun scene), repeating Braunwyn's gossip to anyone that would listen,....Maybe her hip was so painful it held her back from a lot, and influenced her personality, or maybe she's trying to form a "team", it's hard to say. 

• Love 7

To be fair when you had no real parenting as a child you sometimes don't know the proper way to parent yourself ... not making excuses for it cause yes she seems to be doing the bare minimum in that department and its annoying ... when you have shit parents as a child you come out either super hyper over protective of your own children or you become their "friend" and don't really parent at all but treat them like friends .... Knowing B's history with her mother I see a lot of things she is doing that are direct results of growing up in protection and taking care of yourself mode ....I think that's why she is hyper sexual with her husband she takes that has a form of validation and love ... you see it a lot in people who were molested... this is kinda heavy stuff and issues to deal with on its own and i can see how uncomfortable it would be to deal with on a reality show 

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

To be fair when you had no real parenting as a child you sometimes don't know the proper way to parent yourself ... not making excuses for it cause yes she seems to be doing the bare minimum in that department and its annoying ... when you have shit parents as a child you come out either super hyper over protective of your own children or you become their "friend" and don't really parent at all but treat them like friends .... Knowing B's history with her mother I see a lot of things she is doing that are direct results of growing up in protection and taking care of yourself mode ....I think that's why she is hyper sexual with her husband she takes that has a form of validation and love ... you see it a lot in people who were molested... this is kinda heavy stuff and issues to deal with on its own and i can see how uncomfortable it would be to deal with on a reality show 

I agree with both of your perspectives. I don’t know if I believe this a 100% but Brawny’s mom is a trash basket. Being raised by two not so functioning parents my damn self, I can see this. 

I love your passion keywestclubkid and I wonder if this is a Miami thing, for Brawny. I am from New York City, Harlem not Long Island and while up north things are WAY MORE progressive than here, folks are more “buttoned up”. I went to kid parties here where butt cheek shorts were the attire. The sexuality here is open in some ways more than up north, but everyone is way more religious. 
But yeah husbands are more friendly, everyone is dressed more revealing, Miami is a different place. 

My Hubbie and I go to key west often. We should look u up. No threesomes I promise. Even if we have to put u in Uber. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, lamujerdecente said:

I agree with both of your perspectives. I don’t know if I believe this a 100% but Brawny’s mom is a trash basket. Being raised by two not so functioning parents my damn self, I can see this. 

I love your passion keywestclubkid and I wonder if this is a Miami thing, for Brawny. I am from New York City, Harlem not Long Island and while up north things are WAY MORE progressive than here, folks are more “buttoned up”. I went to kid parties here where butt cheek shorts were the attire. The sexuality here is open in some ways more than up north, but everyone is way more religious. 
But yeah husbands are more friendly, everyone is dressed more revealing, Miami is a different place. 

My Hubbie and I go to key west often. We should look u up. No threesomes I promise. Even if we have to put u in Uber. 

Definitely... and key west has no shortage of ubers seeing how this is such a huge drinking town lol ... I would winky face that but I have learned my lesson about that from this show 😛 🙂

yea South Florida in general seems to be way more relaxed on the clothing... everyone is always half naked or in booty shorts and crop tops you just become desensitized to it.  and i guess we just come across a little more "friendly" im using for lack of a better term with the reaching out and such esp with making sure people down here are alright after a hard night of partying .. I don't think the intent was bad it was just reaching out and got misconstrued ... just because I didn't take offense to it I shouldn't assume everyone would react the same way .... Its a teachable moment for not just her husband but to me as well

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
29 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

So true - and such an onion of layers to look at with this family. For me, it’s far more interesting than the usual Bravo drink-and-bitch-fest. B said (on wwhl I think) that she wanted to do this story on camera in order to hold herself accountable - but it can’t have been easy for her, for Sean, or for the kids. (Not to mention the blackmailing mom.)

• Love 7
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

What?! No one mentioned the spot-on imitations of Shannon done by Emily and Kelly (and Shane in the back seat 🤣) on the way to the housewarming party!? I was rolling! The hand gestures! They knew exactly what she'd say and how she'd say it. And then Bravo with the montage of the hand movements! Best part of the episode! Shannon was probably livid watching it, but I thought it was hysterical.

It was.  And it wasn't. 

If this was the first, second or maybe third time?  It would be hysterical. But!  For me, it is kind of getting old.

Am I going to watch yet again, an entire season of Emily bitching about the lack of relationship she has with Shannon?  Particularly when she rarely, if ever, behaves towards or talks about Shannon in a way Shannon would want to hang out with her.

Maybe it's an Aries thing, but if you are constantly whining about "Where's fun dosodog" when you constantly complain about me to everyone?  I'm not interested in anything but a civil, surface level relationship.   Nor will I bestow you with my charming, sparkling personality.  You get polite, uninterested Dosodog.

• Love 19

Shannon can be pretty elitist and she's definitely a gatekeeper of the highest order - she wants the newbies to prove themselves to her, which is annoying. 

But I actually don't feel like it sounds like her to say Gina's home is "sad" or "depressing."  Small, yes, which Shannon did say she said an which Gina herself has said. And I can imagine her saying "small" in a tone that indicates something negative.  But I actually do believe Shannon when she says that she's proud of Gina for owning her home because that kind of empowerment stuff seems important to her.

I run hot and cold on Shannon, I sometimes find her way too controlling and obnoxious. But I also do think she is as "authentic" to herself as one can be on these shows. So if she said something close to "sad" or whatever, she would probably admit to it.

I will say, I thought Shannon was incredibly insensitive to Braunwyn when B first came in and Shannon asked about the tequila. The way she said, "oh" was so dismissive of Braunwyn's quest to become sober and says to me that she's one of those people who sees someone admitting to alcoholism and becoming sober as a comment on their actions. IMO, Braunwyn probably should have left the party when she realized that the tequila-drinking was going to be a centerpiece of it. 

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, dosodog said:

It was.  And it wasn't. 

If this was the first, second or maybe third time?  It would be hysterical. But!  For me, it is kind of getting old.

Am I going to watch yet again, an entire season of Emily bitching about the lack of relationship she has with Shannon?  Particularly when she rarely, if ever, behaves towards or talks about Shannon in a way Shannon would want to hang out with her.

Maybe it's an Aries thing, but if you are constantly whining about "Where's fun dosodog" when you constantly complain about me to everyone?  I'm not interested in anything but a civil, surface level relationship.   Nor will I bestow you with my charming, sparkling personality.  You get polite, uninterested Dosodog.

Motivation aside, I thought the imitations were both accurate and funny.

My theory: Emily either has an agenda to relay gossip, and form alliances to stay relevant and on the show, or she's naturally that type of person (without outside prompting or the motivation of a large paycheck). 

We are alike in that, if a new acquaintance kept asking where "Fun SweetieDarling" is, they'd most likely get terse SweetieDarling.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I will say, I thought Shannon was incredibly insensitive to Braunwyn when B first came in and Shannon asked about the tequila. The way she said, "oh" was so dismissive of Braunwyn's quest to become sober and says to me that she's one of those people who sees someone admitting to alcoholism and becoming sober as a comment on their actions. IMO, Braunwyn probably should have left the party when she realized that the tequila-drinking was going to be a centerpiece of it. 

I never would have expected Shannon to forget or be dismissive of something like that, so the only valid excuse I could come up with was maybe the scenes were shown out of sequence(?) 

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

So the bedtime parenting of B and Sean was walking the kids upstairs and dumping them into a room, where the nanny would bathe them, put them into pjs, read to them and put them to bed?! And, according to B, she didn’t even used to do that much. Yikes.

I swear I was going to post that very comment!!

If B was doing the bare minimum when she was drinking...what are we calling this bed time?  That nanny stood in a semi darkened room with two queen size beds and something like five little kids to put to bed, B and S did not even help brush the kids teeth or help put them in their pj's...so maybe just walking them upstairs was the big gesture? Oy.  I hope that nanny is making a lot of money because she is doing all of the heavy lifting.

• Love 22
3 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Emily’s daughter held the kitten/pulled it back by its tail... not good for poor kitty. Kittens and children need a lot of supervision and education.

So now Emily and Shane's kids have a dog AND a kitten to torture?

Please tell me I misunderstood.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

So now Emily and Shane's kids have a dog AND a kitten to torture?

Please tell me I misunderstood.

I swear when I saw that - I wanted to believe that it was a stuff animal. You need to be a certain kind of parent to parent both pets and small children. From the beginning I taught my kids, animals are like humans, YOU NEED CONSENT to touch them. If the animal doesn't want you around it, its for reason , KID. That irritated me to no end. And I am a fairly new cat mommie, I am allergic to cats and we found our Electra, or rather she found us, who is hairless. She is very picky about how she is around anyone. I noticed that she lets us carry around for five seconds, including the kids, because I taught them early, CONSENT. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I would not be at all surprised if Braunwyn reveals she was sexually abused as a child. I remember her telling a story about her mom taking her or leaving her somewhere that sounded unsafe and just made me feel sad. It was a club or something, and she was really little.  Sounded like a scary, chaotic kind of childhood with a neglectful and withholding mother. And instead of having her come-to-Jesus moment about it, realizing what she did, feeling regret, asking for forgiveness, she attempts to blackmail her daughter by threatening to expose the very thing that her shitty parenting no doubt helped create. She's really something.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Again my energy.. because I’m not accusing someone of trying to get someone in bed because he texted once to make sure she got home ok?  Being in the gay community trust me I have had creepy text from people that were trying to sleep with me ... they never just text once there is always follow up ... and had he followed up that text with continuing to text her I would 100% agree with you but he didn’t ... we can agree to disagree .. 

Maybe you would think differently if you were in the straight community.

• Love 1

The text message could totally be just an expression of genuine concern for a friend. But, at the same time, I cannot fault anyone for wondering about it. I can see why someone would think that saying, "I dropped my drunk wife off at home. She's passed out" then adding a winky face comes across a little like a Joey "How you doin'?"

I use winky faces a lot. No one has ever thought I was proposing a menage, so I know it can't be just the winky face.  Saying, "My wife is at home asleep" also doesn't sound like a menage attempt. But together? I could see how that could be (at least interpreted as) a very low key interest-level check.

It's true he didn't ask for Gina to erm, remove his immunity idol,  but at the same time, reading between the lines, I doubt he would have objected.

Evolution has gifted us really good interpretation skills after thousands and thousands of years of non-verbal communication -- lots of stuff gets conveyed without actual words being spoken, and I imagine that Sean is getting pretty good at previewing interest levels after all these years of procurement.

I'm going to come down on the side of "Sean was primarily checking on Gina, but, while he was there, and since he already had the texter out, was also kind of testing the waters". 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
8 minutes ago, OdinO. said:

Maybe you would think differently if you were in the straight community.

Gay Guys can be just as toxic as straight guys with the unsolicited come on's and text and comments ....I have had issues with being garbed by the crotch and touched and them thinking its perfectly ok because we are gay and laugh and say its the gay handshake ...NO, no its not....some guys are just toxic not all but some and they think that's ok... its not just a straight thing its a gross guy thing

• Love 13
16 minutes ago, Jel said:

The text message could totally be just an expression of genuine concern for a friend. But, at the same time, I cannot fault anyone for wondering about it. I can see why someone would think that saying, "I dropped my drunk wife off at home. She's passed out" then adding a winky face comes across a little like a Joey "How you doin'?"

I use winky faces a lot. No one has ever thought I was proposing a menage, so I know it can't be just the winky face.  Saying, "My wife is at home asleep" also doesn't sound like a menage attempt. But together? I could see how that could be (at least interpreted as) a very low key interest-level check.

Agreed. I see no problem with texting to make sure Gina made it home ok. The part that would have made me raise an eyebrow, had I been Gina, was him mentioning that Braunwyn was asleep at the condo. Why mention that? Was he looking for an invitation to come over/meet for a drink or a "drink"? I may have shown a friend to ask if they found it weird too. On tv? probably not, but then, my friend would not have been Tamra, who, even if Gina showed it to her privately, probably insisted they put it on the show.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 8

If a friend said something unkind and mean about another friend I wouldn’t run and blab to someone else. I’d keep it to myself. But I guess that’s the foundation of all these Housewives shows. Without — she said you said...no I didn’t scenarios — I guess there’d be no drama.  If that is indeed what Shannon said, Bravo must not have footage or they’d show it surely.

Add me to the folk concerned about the welfare of those kittens. At least cats grow up fast and have claws to defend themselves. Teaching children to respect animals is so important.

I realize Brawny is wound up tight and going through stuff and we should have empathy, but I hope she’s not going to be the focus HW this season. I rather see more Shannon impersonations 🤣🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Gay Guys can be just as toxic as straight guys with the unsolicited come on's and text and comments ....I have had issues with being garbed by the crotch and touched and them thinking its perfectly ok because we are gay and laugh and say its the gay handshake ...NO, no its not....some guys are just toxic not all but some and they think that's ok... its not just a straight thing its a gross guy thing

I just meant when pursuing a woman for sex there might be more nuance needed. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, OdinO. said:

I just meant when pursuing a woman for sex there might be more nuance needed. 

In this instance Both B and her husband are pretty str8 forward with their intentions.... I don't see them being shy or using nuance when pursuing a sexual partner ... I mean b was str8 up making out with and wanting Tamra last season and they both are pretty upfront about what they want sexually .... just my thought on it

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

At first glance, it looked like they had Shane strapped into a car seat.

This made me laugh so hard!!!  It did!  He was also getting into the hand gestures with Emily and Kelli until he remembered he was being filmed...he has a sense of humor in there somewhere! 

• Love 17
11 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I don't remember a scene where Shannon said Gina's house was sad. If it had happened on tape, Bravo would have shown it. What I do believe is that Brawny was trying to drive a wedge between Shannon and Gina, because she doesn't like Gina. I totally believe Shannon, and as Shannon said Gina is the only one who actually owns - Brauny, Shannon and Kelly are all renting. It is also obvious that Brauny was lying about Sean hearing it too, because when she is talking to Sean later she said "In my heart of hearts I know she said it" or something along those lines. If Shannon said it and Sean heard it, Brauny would say "You heard it too". Unfortunately Brauny is as big of a piece of shit sober as she is drunk. 

I hope we don't have a whole season of Brauny talking about how she is there for her children now, as she leaves the 4 youngest for the nanny to get to bed, because Brauny thinks she has done enough by apparently just walking them upstairs. I guess she has a day time nanny and a night time nanny since she still has two? But then I guess that is necessary when day time facials are a priority, and the kids are too young to put themselves to bed. 

As another poster noted, I saw red when Emily's kid was pulling the kitten's tail. I really hope the camera person pointed out that you do not treat animals that way, when the parents seem to be oblivious. Just like they were with the dog being kicked. Those people should not own animals. 

I totally agree that if Shannon had said the house was sad and depressing the editors would definitely have shown the clip because that's how they do. They've been merciless on these shows. She was definitely thinking that when she saw the two crammed bunkbed rooms, but I doubt she'd say it aloud because she has better manners than that, and like she said, hey, the girl bought a house, that's a major accomplishment. Braunwyn was the one talking shit about it being too soon to be blending the two families.

Kelly is so crass. Is sex the only thing she can talk about? I thought it was tacky as fuck when she called Shannon's father "big dick daddy." Gross.

Emily is a bit of snake who'd better hope she doesn't get bitten. And she needs to stop buying pets if they're not going to be cared for properly. I wonder what makes that girl want to abuse pets. She'll learn when the cat leaps at her and scratches her eyes out.

I know Braunwyn is struggling, but if she's going to continue with the show she needs to get it together. Of course there was going to be a ton of booze at the party. That's how these ladies roll! When she went to dinner with Shannon, Shannon drank water. The melodrama is a bit much.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

and of course it was Tamra that put the idea of him wanting a 3some into Gina's head lol a 3 some was never even brought up at all but she took it there and planted that idea .... Good God

Tamara probably was\is jealous that Gina got the invite email and she didnt!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

My one year old niece is better with the cats than Emily's kid was with the kittens.   Of course, since she's my niece, I find her exceptional in all matters, but it seriously isn't hard to teach a kid not to go all Lenny on an animal.

This might not be very PC, but given how much trouble Braunwyn is having with being 30 days sober, I have a hard time believing that she was dry for all elevnty zillion pregnancies.  

Maybe Elizabeth gets more interesting later in the season, but right now she is bringing less than Sutton did in her first few BH episodes, yet Sutton didn't get the diamond.  

As for Gina's house situation, all of them have been sad.  That stupid fireplace in her first season, all the word wall art in the second, and the youth hostel set-up in the current one.  It's not even about the size, it's about the vibe.  Gina could make Vila Rosa look sad even if the ponies with glittered hooves were still there.

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Shannon can be pretty elitist and she's definitely a gatekeeper of the highest order - she wants the newbies to prove themselves to her, which is annoying. 

Sounds exactly like what Vicki used to do with the newbies. 

How long before John realizes he got himself involved with a nutbag? He seems so normal. Where was he when she was going ape shit at her house fighting with Brawny? I would have been seriously re-thinking the relationship if I was  witness to that.  

Emily's kid with the cat tail pulling. I am so pissed!!!!!! Why does she keep introducing pets in to that family? Clearly she has no time for it or to teach/train her kids about animals. You don't bring pets in to a family of unruly kids!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, politichick said:

I totally agree that if Shannon had said the house was sad and depressing the editors would definitely have shown the clip because that's how they do. They've been merciless on these shows.

I went back to the first episode and re-watched some of it.  I can't find where Shannon said it, but in my mind, I thought I heard her say it at one time.  Maybe I'm remembering Emily claiming that Shannon said it.  Oh my, I'm so confused!  Shannon did walk through Gina's house saying things like "that's great," and "nice," but the look on her face was saying 'this is sad.'  It's as if she had to force those compliments out of herself. 

1 hour ago, politichick said:

Kelly is so crass. Is sex the only thing she can talk about? I thought it was tacky as fuck when she called Shannon's father "big dick daddy." Gross.

And I found it just as gross when Shannon said that her Dad closes down the bars with 25 year olds.  Ick.   It makes you wonder what Shannon has said about her Dad that led them to believe that he's a "big dick daddy."  That's gross too.  

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 8

Re: so many of them renting their homes - Braunwyn posted a comment on IG that most communities in Newport don’t allow filming. I believe she said they had to find a house a week before filming.

• Useful 1

Do the producers think that we care much more about Bronte than we actually do?  Because, I'd be mildly interested in a B plot about her recovery but it's all upfront all the time.  Otherwise, I guess that's just how dull the material they had must be.

I'm really surprised that Shannon just put it all out there that she, Bronte and Kelly are all renting their houses.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

This is apparent in the preview for next week when Kelly says "I like her better drunk" or something to that effect. 

I agree that if Shannon had said sad and depressing on camera, they would be rolling that footage. I'm honestly not sure who to believe. Braunwyn mentioned that Shannon said it and also said that she would deny it if Braunwyn brought it up again. Maybe Shannon brought it up off camera because she didn't want to be filmed saying it but then knew Braunwyn could bring it up at some point again on camera, so she told her right away "I'll deny it". I don't know. I fully believe that a lot of HW say stuff off camera because they think it won't be brought up again and then deny, deny, deny when it does. They can deny because there is no footage and it's just someone else's word and the audience believes who they want to believe. I do think Shannon is sincere in telling Gina she is proud of her. 

I really don't want to shame Gina, because I have gained some quarantine weight as well, but she looked pregnant in that dress.

Not to rehash the whole Sean/text message debacle, I do agree that is was part Sean being nice and part fishing, seeing if Gina would take the bait. She clearly didn't and as far as we know Sean didn't text her after that, so they should probably let it go at this point.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

I agree that if Shannon had said sad and depressing on camera, they would be rolling that footage.

Maybe they're holding it for the reunion!  I swear I heard her say "sad" to Gina's living situation, but I never heard the word 'depressing.'  Emily threw that one in there. Of course I do know there's a good chance that Shannon is telling the truth, but I think she threw in the comment about Gina owning a home while the rest are renting (not that there's anything wrong with that) in order to placate Gina and look like she's on her side, and would never in a million years say something so tacky!  I think Shannon was in spin control and CYA mode.  

It's actually kind of stupid when you think about how one misinterpreted comment caused such a ruckus!  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

In this instance Both B and her husband are pretty str8 forward with their intentions.... I don't see them being shy or using nuance when pursuing a sexual partner ... I mean b was str8 up making out with and wanting Tamra last season and they both are pretty upfront about what they want sexually .... just my thought on it

But you realize that the wishes and desires of their intended third matter, too, right?  In other words, they may not be "shy" about pursuing a sexual partner, but presumably they don't assume that every person the planet just wants to have sex with them.  However I feel about them individually or a couple, I don't assume they'd just go up to someone out of the blue and ask, "hey, wanna have sex?" Presumably they put out feelers in order to gauge interest before asking. Because presumably they want to be with someone who gives actual consent.

Which is probably what Sean was doing and what Gina picked up on. It's not that big of a deal in the big scheme of things - he put out a feeler, Gina thought it was inappropriate. The end. That happens all of the time. But Braunwyn's insistence that "HOW DARE GINA INSINUATE THIS?!?!?!" is making it a bigger deal than it needs to be. 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Sounds exactly like what Vicki used to do with the newbies. 

Very similar, yes. There's a lot of housewives like this - Vicki was the worst, but I think Ramona's like that and I suspect Karen Huger is, as well. 

55 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

This is apparent in the preview for next week when Kelly says "I like her better drunk" or something to that effect. 

I agree that if Shannon had said sad and depressing on camera, they would be rolling that footage. I'm honestly not sure who to believe. Braunwyn mentioned that Shannon said it and also said that she would deny it if Braunwyn brought it up again. Maybe Shannon brought it up off camera because she didn't want to be filmed saying it but then knew Braunwyn could bring it up at some point again on camera, so she told her right away "I'll deny it". I don't know. I fully believe that a lot of HW say stuff off camera because they think it won't be brought up again and then deny, deny, deny when it does. They can deny because there is no footage and it's just someone else's word and the audience believes who they want to believe. I do think Shannon is sincere in telling Gina she is proud of her. 

I really don't want to shame Gina, because I have gained some quarantine weight as well, but she looked pregnant in that dress.

The thing is, there's nothing objectively sad about Gina's living situation. Living in less square footage is not inherently sad if everyone is comfortable and happy, etc. I actually do think that Shannon believes that the fact that Gina's owns her own home, and therefore is in control of her living situation in a way that she, Braunwyn and Kelly aren't as renters is something to admire.  Shannon's parents' divorce and her own divorce from David obviously has her thinking about what a stable home is and I can see Shannon believing that Gina deserves credit for living within her means and owning her own place.  So I'm inclined to believe that while she wasn't ooh-ing and ah-ing over Gina's place, she didn't say it was sad 

• Love 8

does anyone find it odd that we are all going round and round over someone sending a wink face emoji in a text and someone saying that a house is small/sad? this is what this show has come to? OMG remember when this show was fun?? remember when this show was supposed to be escapism and a peak behind the gates of the rich? All of these shows have strayed so far from the original intent its not even funny ...

• Love 16
On 10/28/2020 at 9:55 PM, chenoa333 said:

I can't believe this entire episode is about some stupid shit that maybe was said by Shannon about Gina's home and more of Braunwinns drinking/not drinking. Who gives a phuck? 

I wonder how many people will die from boredom just watching this sorry excuse for entertainment. Thanks Bravo. You suck.

Right? I thought I was in a middle school cafeteria at lunch time.

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

Couple things...

Braunwyn self diagnosing herself as an "alcoholic" seems sketchy to me. Any person with a modicum of edcuation would see their general practitioner and get a physical, lab work and a consult. A physician's referal to a reputable program that is thorough in a plan that includes after care would be what most people do. To self diagnose and not even consult with a health professional and then tag along with Shannon to her acupuncture guru is absurd. Alcholism is a disease that needs to be addressed both physically and mentally...what is wrong with these ditzy ladies?

Kelly Dodd is a disgusting piece of trash...low class and vulgar. And isn't she pushing 50? She acts like a sexed up 19 year old with no impulse control. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Kelly Dodd is a disgusting piece of trash...low class and vulgar. And isn't she pushing 50? She acts like a sexed up 19 year old with no impulse control. 

She's 45. Close enough to 50. Let's hope her eggs have dried up. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Last week I posted that Gina’s takedown of Braunwyn would be great, not good, but I underestimated just how good it would be.  I didn’t expect cursing, crying and running simultaneously!  The only thing that possibly could have made it better would have been if Braunwyn went full Tamra and screamed, “you will never see my face again!” as she ran, hahaha.  

I actually thought for a second that Braunwyn was Tamra as she was running out of Shannon's house!  The scene was filmed almost idenitically!!  

I tuned in last night, and I don't think I'll be watching too seriously at all this season (I may tune in again when they show what was filmed during Covid lockdowns).  

The show was boring - looks like it will be a season of "sad" (did Shannon say that or not) and sobriety.  I don't think I'm up for a season of fighting over whether Shannon said a little three letter word, aptly, I might add, to describe a townhouse and continue down Braunwyn's tearful road to sobriety.  I didn't like Braunwyn at all last season, so there is no reason for me to want to watch that.

Also, I just really don't care about most of the other ladies, either.  I am mildly interested in Shannon, but cannot stand any of the others.  The new girl - Elizabeth-? - seems extra thirsty and just kind of weird.

Kelly Dodd continues to disgust me, especially with the way she greeted Shannon's father.  If nothing else, show some respect to the man, just because of his age and appears to be a bit of gentleman.  Kelly is a foulmouthed, crude person.

Emily and Shane and Gina.....I actually dozed off during Emily and Shane's home scene and Gina can go back to Long Island for all I care.

I'm sad that this show has fallen so - it used to be one of my favorites.

• Love 11
42 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I'm sad that this show has fallen so - it used to be one of my favorites.

Mine too.  I think there’s too much producer driven drama nowadays.  I find myself picking up my iPad and playing a game. Why can’t they leave these HW shows alone and just let the drama roll along naturally. It could be more entertaining.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Folks,
Friendly reminders:

• Episodes take place in episode time.  Assume only where the housewives are in the episode is what can be discussed in the thread at that point (where meaning all life components; e.g., relationships, physical location, etc.).  Speculation is okay but spoilers taken from current social media and the like are not.  Those items can be discussed in the character threads.
  • If you find yourself going back and forth with one or two posters or making your point again and again, step back.  I am very happy this was worked out amicably in thread (Go Team OC Howives!!!!).  We do need to avoid this in the future. 
  • Questions?  PM @PrincessPurrsALot.  We do not discuss mod comments and directives in the forum.  This includes any apologies or explanations for participation in any of the above. 

Back to your regularly scheduled snarkfest.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

I think there’s too much producer driven drama nowadays.  I find myself picking up my iPad and playing a game. Why can’t they leave these HW shows alone and just let the drama roll along naturally. It could be more entertaining.

I agree.  I just watch the OC and the NYC HWs, and both of them feel stale to me.  I will continue to watch in hopes of them getting better, but if not, then they'll get dropped from my DVR list like I did with the BHs one.  I like the new HW.  She's had a few snappy comments, so I'm hopeful that we'll more of her.  I want to know more about the fabulous life she had with the rich guy!  Hopefully she won't squander her money like Sonja did.  

Yep  we are watching  a show where a couple of women are arguing about who said what about someone's house and a sad sack Braunwyn announcing to anyone who will listen "I'm an alcoholic" and then running and crying when she sees booze. You know if you are trying to get sober and the sight of alcohol is so disturbing then maybe not have a job where your co-workers are imbibing almost everytime when you are working around them. Just not the best way to get sober. Me thinks Braunwyn is more concerned with holding on to her orange than getting sober. Good luck to her butif this is what the rest of the season is about Bravo made a huge mistake. 

• Love 9