Type keyword(s) to search

Does Your Eyeball Unlock MTAC?

Ohmo
  • Start Topic

What happened to Tony's girlfriend, Zoe?  (For that matter, what happened to Delilah?  And Abby's new boyfriend?  Are the three of them living together?)  In the three appearances that Marisol Nichols has made on the show, we were told (not shown) that she and Tony were in a serious relationship.  Now, she isn't even mentioned, and we're supposed to get all excited about Jeanne Benoit's return.  I love NCIS, but this wouldn't be the first time they've dropped a storyline without resolution ~ case in point:  Abby's discovery that she was adopted.  Did she ever find out the circumstances?  Does she know who her birth parents are?  Did she talk to her brother Luca?  Did she introduce her two brothers to each other?

• Love 3

They mentioned Zoe tonight - her and Tony are having issues and Tony asked Bishop for advice but not McGee.

I'm pretty sure Abby talked to Luca about it, and I think her brothers were introduced off-screen but I'm not 100% sure. The rest of the storyline isn't exactly necessary - given the situation, it's completely feasible/reasonable that Abby would never find out the circumstances of her adoption or know who her birth parents are. She may not even be interested in finding out.

I saw the news about Jeanne returning and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I was not a big fan of her and was thrilled when she left, so I'm not really thrilled with her returning. Why would she come back anyway?! I guess it depends on how they handle it. I just can't really fathom why we need to see her again.

• Love 1

I liked Jeanne even though I wasn't crazy about the La Grenouille storyline.  In my opinion she was the best love interest for Tony (outside of Ziva-- yes, I went there) and in a way I'm sorry they didn't end up together longer.

I liked Jeanne too. She was kind of badass without being an action figure, and she could challenge Tony without taking a shot at his manliness (how you can tell the show is written by men, JMO, because I don't know any women who are as obsessed with manhood as Kate and Ziva were). I just think it's a shame her storyline meant Jenny had to turn into Judge Doom from Roger Rabbit.

The actress was on The Blacklist last season, and she wiped Megan Boone off the screen, so I suspect she won't be back.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 1

Jeanne was great--in the beginning. Until her stupid apartment or condo went co-op, and all of a sudden, she turned into this clingy, needy, nagging, milksop, who had a breakdown because she needed to find a new place to live and just assumed she and Tony should buy a house together or go house hunting or condo hunting together. And then got all teary-eyed/broken hearted when Tony wasn't that into it, and I blank out on the rest, because it peeved me. So glad that one of her nurses told her what was what to get her head back on straight, but for me, I was done with her.  And then when she lied about Tony being the one who killed her father? Buh-bye and please don't come back!

But I will say that his relationship with her, even if it was fake, was the best thing to happen to Tony because he really matured and I loved Season 4 Tony.

But I'm not allowed to have nice things.

• Love 3
Question: Do the NCIS writers/producers already have plans for the 300th episode (this season’s 18th episode)? —Daniel

Ausiello: Since it’s not until Episode 18, as you note, and the CBS series is only now filming No. 10, “We’re starting to knock some ideas around,” says showrunner Gary Glasberg. “It’s an episode that I think we’re going to put some military and Navy attachment to, that may have to do with a veterans scenario that we’ve been intrigued by, is really heartfelt and could be something that Gibbs connects with.” Plus, as one might expect for such a milestone, “We’ll also probably bring on a bunch of surprise guest stars, as well.”

Ask Ausiello

Nov. 3, "16 Years": The murder of a retired Navy Lt. Commander forces Ducky to reveal his participation in a "secret society" that solves cold cases. Jessica Walter (Arrested Development) guest-stars.

Nov. 10, "Saviors": In the course of a rescue in the Sudan, DiNozzo reunites with Dr. Jeanne Benoit (played by Scottie Thompson). "There aren't many, but she is one 'that got away,'" says showrunner Gary Glasberg, "so that takes us into all kinds of Tony DiNozzo folklore that we haven't touched on in ages." Joel Grestch reprises his role as Special Agent Stan Burley, while Jon Cryer's Dr. Taft returns "when Gibbs hits a surprising hurdle in his recovery."

Nov. 17, "Day in Court": Salli Richardson returns as lawyer Carrie Clark for "a twisty-turny legal mystery," says Glasberg. "Parallel to that in a really significant way, we learn disturbing things about Bishop's personal life." Cue Jamie Bamber as Ellie's husband, Jake.

Nov. 24, "Blood Brothers": While Gibbs & Co. tackle a "Saving Private Ryan-type" mission, Bishop spends Thanksgiving back home with her mom (Bionic Woman's Lindsay Wagner).

TVLine

Not that I think it's going to be nearly enough reason to watch, but Scottie Thompson is also in The Leisure Class, the almost-certainly-dreadful movie they're making on Project Greenlight.

Oh man, I haven't checked the spoiler page in awhile-- some really good guest stars coming up! Really excited to see Agent Stan Burley again and especially Salli Richardson!

Oh, me too. I'm kind of stalled on Salli Richardson's current series, and I loved her so much in Eureka. It's nice to see her here.

Nov. 24, "Blood Brothers": While Gibbs & Co. tackle a "Saving Private Ryan-type" mission, Bishop spends Thanksgiving back home with her mom (Bionic Woman's Lindsay Wagner).

I've seen in a couple of places that Gibbs is supposed to be tagging along with Bishop on that trip home.  My immediate reaction was that Giibbs will end up involved with Bishop's Mom at some point this season.  Nothing but kneejerk reaction.

Question: What’s new for NCIS in 2016? —Marsha

Ausiello: The CBS juggernaut, perhaps inspired by our bullish renewal prediction, is looking to add a pair of fresh, young faces to the team in Season 14. The newbies, one male and one female, would both be series regulars.

ask Ausiello

If I recall correctly most of the cast is signed only through this season so this could be a prevention of the scramble that went on after the late ship jumping from Cote de Pablo just in case someone decides not to resign.  Or it could be a red herring to induce the cast to re-up.

ask Ausiello

If I recall correctly most of the cast is signed only through this season so this could be a prevention of the scramble that went on after the late ship jumping from Cote de Pablo just in case someone decides not to resign.  Or it could be a red herring to induce the cast to re-up.

I could also see it as a way for Mark Harmon to become more involved with behind-the-camera EP stuff with NOLA if that's what he wanted to do.  If everyone re-signs but MH wants to do less or concentrate on NOLA, advance Tony to Team Leader, and his team becomes McGee, Bishop, and two probles with Gibbs dipping in and out of cases etc.

• Love 1

Well, at least according to the McCallum slip in an interview which I assume led to this broader announcement, they've known for awhile that he was leaving at the end of the season (presumably, and this is just a guess on my part, since before the season started), so they've at least had time to think it through and develop the story.  I don't watch the show much anymore, but tune in here and there for an episode if it sounds interesting. 

I watched the first couple of episodes at the beginning of the season to see how the latest "Gibbs in peril" story ended and recall when Gibbs was healing up  and DiNozzo visited Gibbs at home, after Gibbs had seemed to brush him off a lot throughout the episode, Gibbs sort of lit into Tony a bit and asked him "I know why I've done this job all these years, why do you do this job" or something to that effect, that seemed out of left field. Maybe that was the setup for whatever the ultimate exit for the Tony character will be, and folks who've watched more of the season can now see an arc that has been developing? 

I also watched when Jeanne came back for an episode, but don't really recall a lot of that, other than Tony was maybe nostalgic/maybe regretful...perhaps there's more meaning to be picked up if they've known he was leaving all season. 

I feel bad for McCallum, because in his answer where he spills the beans, he clearly thinks this has been public knowledge for a long time.  Ooops.

Edited by pennben

Well, it did cross my mind to wonder if this wasn't related to his recent difficulties and if McCalllum wasn't giving him cover by suggesting it was old news.

Which is total wanking, because I know nothing.

Well, at least according to the McCallum slip in an interview which I assume led to this broader announcement, they've known for awhile that he was leaving at the end of the season (presumably, and this is just a guess on my part, since before the season started), so they've at least had time to think it through and develop the story.  I don't watch the show much anymore, but tune in here and there for an episode if it sounds interesting. 

That explains a lot of this season.  I was sure that Harmon was leaving and they were setting up NCIS to go on without him by making DiNozzo's taking over the team seem natural.  That this was the reason for the Tony must step up while Gibbs is recovering from the shooting storyline.

But it makes just as much sense that they are setting up DiNozzo leaving to run his town eam and that is his exit.

As I said on the media thread, I'm stunned about Michael Weatherly leaving NCIS. Even though this show is mainly the Gibbs show, Michael/Tony is the only other agent (I'm excepting Abby and Ducky) who is still from the original cast and while I know the show can go on, I honestly don't think anyone can fill his shoes and the show isn't going to feel the same without him. I love Tony and while I don't plan on quitting the show, I kind of want it to end now. I honestly thought they might be gearing up for Harmon to take a reduced role and have Weatherly step up so this has blindsided me.

Here's hoping that they don't kill him off-- let him finally take a lead agent position somewhere or move on to something bigger and better.

I really hope they don't kill Tony off.  I once thought my preferred ending for him would be him getting his own MCRT but now I want him to get the offer to lead his own team and instead of taking it he decides to leave NCIS altogether  telling Gibbs that while he loves and respects him he finally realizes he has too much life to live to want to be him.  The last shot is then Tony walking towards the elevator with Gibbs saying under his breath good for you Tony.

Edited by camussie

More than leave his badge behind he should leave behind his desire to want to become Gibbs.  The life Gibbs live is not one anyone should want to emulate and I would love for Tony to reach a point where he recognizes that.

Definitely hope DiNozzo gets to lead his own team.  He (along with McGee) probably should have been leading their own team(s) a long time ago.

Just hope they don't do something cheap and tawdry like kill him off, like they have with so many of my favorite NCIS characters in the past.

Is there any chance that Agent Borin will become the new NCIS series regular? –Jules

I thought my original story on “Tess” made this clear, but no, the series is looking to introduce a brand-new character, not promote a recurring player. (Ergo the detailed casting call.) In fact, a source tells me the dream is fill this spot with some truly “Wow!” casting — as in a film actress looking to transition to TV (a la Halle Berry and Extant) — as a means to drum up buzz for what will be the long-running drama’s 14th season.

Matt's Inside Line

Could possibly become a spoiler, so it's going here.

Any news on if Scottie Thompson is coming back before NCIS‘ May finale? –John
That would get the gossip mill churning as to the impetus for Michael Weatherly’s exit storyline. But all Glasberg would say on the topic of another Jeanne sighting is: “We’re talking about it.”

Matt's Inside Line