Type keyword(s) to search

S29.E07: Villains Night

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Honestly, I think Monica had a disadvantage going into this as her dance was the only dance that was not a dramatic dance like the Tango, Paso Doble, or Argentine Tango. There was one other that had a V. Waltz which worked, but otherwise how in the hell does Jazz work with Villains night?

SYTYCD has taught me that you can do a creepy jazz but you need a good choreographer with a fun concept. Some of my favourite dances on that show were creepy jazz numbers. I just think Val doesn't have the background in Jazz as a style to choreograph something that really pops and Monica doesn't have the performance skills.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, vibeology said:

SYTYCD has taught me that you can do a creepy jazz but you need a good choreographer with a fun concept. Some of my favourite dances on that show were creepy jazz numbers. I just think Val doesn't have the background in Jazz as a style to choreograph something that really pops and Monica doesn't have the performance skills.

When you mentioned SYTYCD and creepy jazz this was the routine I thought of immediately, and you're right: Monica in no way could have pulled that one off or something even like that.

• Love 4

For me the dances from Nev and Johnny were the only ones I watched again.  Loved them!  But they needed to lose the fog for Johnny and light Nev better -it was so dark I could hardly see parts of his dance.

And thank you, costume people, for not putting those feather duster bumpers on Justina again.  She really does have a lovely figure.

Edited by treeofdreams
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

When you mentioned SYTYCD and creepy jazz this was the routine I thought of immediately, and you're right: Monica in no way could have pulled that one off or something even like that.

As soon as Vibeology mentioned creepy jazz in SYTYCD, I immediately thought of Sonya Tayeh.  You thought the same.  No way could Monica pull this off.

• Love 2

❤️Johnny. And his mother.

Every time they do a chat piece with Chrishell, I see a thought balloon over Gleb’s head:       “ turn the camera to me...”. I love how ridiculously handsome he is but he makes the dance about himself every time. He even has my husband in his thrall. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

Kaitlyn is a good dancer, it's a shame that she's paired with Artem who's not used to a "star" that can dance.  I suspect she's also high maintenance...

I'm not sure what your issue is with Artem not being used to a star that can dance and that hurting Kaitlyn. I understand that he was a winning pro in England in the strictly dancing show, so he must've had stars that could dance.  Are you blaming Artem for Kaitlyn's dancing?  I Haven't been paying attention to their dances so I'd be interested in what you are seeing or believing.

Edited by Kira53
  • Love 1

I thought tonight was Johnny's best dance yet, and for once I really liked what they did to the song.  (Creep).  The higher intensity and volume worked well with the pacing of the dance.  Obviously, YMMV.

I wonder if Derek choosing to save Monica was more about a nod of respect to Val.  He's usually treated like royalty and he's going out awfully early this year.  I'm not saying I think it was warranted, but I could see TPTB wanting to stroke his ego.

• Love 5

Just watched the show and went ACCKKK!!! they put Johnny in the death spot! Ever since the first night, I've thought they lowballed him and now this. Yes, they gave him a redemption but they do that sometimes to soften the coming blow. I think he's out next week. But anyway, the next thing I thought watching him was "Somebody else choreographed that!" Maybe not... but it was great, for him, but yeah, as someone upthread said, he doesn't get his feet right. Guess I just thought he'd be more of a fan fave. Boo hiss from me - he's not that bad. 😞 By the way, they very briefly showed Peta in the loft thing during Johnny's dance and I gasped at how gaunt she looked - but maybe it was "ghoulish" makeup...

Anyway, my other favorite, Gle... I mean Chrishell (in the 'other' death spot) - she's likely out with Johnny in the double elim next week. The very long skirt helped but she's one of the most pigeon-toed people I've seen, poor sweet little thing. But she has personality - unlike the other blonde cyphers. I finally realized at the end of the show that the little snippets showing a blonde that I thought was either Chrishell or Monica was actually Kaitlyn. There's just no there there. (Monica has a squidge more personality - I guess - but didn't she say "Val and I's partnership...?" Oy. And aren't cheerleaders known for their pep - yet she's such a damp squib).

I had a personal epiphany watching Derek try to "act" tonight -- he's got a teenager's voice. If I closed my eyes, I could easily imagine him a 16 year old in high school debate class. Sorry to be sexist - so so so many women keep little girl voices (hello Jenna!) but not many men sound like kids. It's that niggling thing that's been annoying me about him as a judge. Still... thankfully minus the desperate ambition he had when he was a partnered pro, he's finally palatable -- I mean, I know he defo knows his stuff, even when they have him pretend not to.

AJ: Been thinking he was great but tonight I noticed his posture. Cheryl may have fallen and hurt herself, but AJ was the one dancing like he was in a neck brace. Ballroom and him are a dreary combo - like Nelly, who was back to being gloomy tonight. I think he's quite a moody one, our Nelly, and he really looked down in the viewing loft. Without Latin that he can insert a hip-hop groove into, he got nothin'.

Agree with some others that Justina was subpar this time. She's best when she can smile and glow. And I thought she was clompy and had terrible posture except for about 5 seconds towards the end. And why the flat shoes? Wonder if she's slightly injured? Made her even clompier.

Noticed Nev saying something like, "Thank you, New York ballet, for inspiring me all these years". All these years? How much HAVE you danced, Nev Nureyev? Not that he and Kaitlyn are that good - out of practice I guess. Or residual injuries from too much past dancing - that may be a factor with Johnny too. Not many dancers, skaters, or athletes end up without chronic injuries.

Finally, Skai. My favorite dance of hers!! - and she sounded almost grown up in the rehearsal package! I think she's calming down a bit - hope so. I was pleased that she improved - dancewise and confidence wise.

By the end, I didn't even remember Jeannie but I have faith she'll come back strong - going first is not the best - but it's 2nd and 3rd placement when you ask if the bell is now tolling for you.  I'm preparing myself to lose Weir & Savchenko alas. Can I tune in without them? Not sure.

• Love 1
On 10/26/2020 at 9:07 PM, Annber03 said:

I also love Bruno dressed up as Beetlejuice :D. And I just want to say I really like the song "Disturbia"

Oh me too! If anybody else is missing Tristan, Kym or Karina, here's their team dance to "Disturbia" way back in 2011

• Love 8

I'm enjoying most of the dancing, but  won't miss Chrishell, Nelly, and Skai, in that order. Some of the others (AJ, Justine) aren't necessarily better dancers, but they bring the personality and drive, as does Jeannie.  I'm really enjoying Derek's judging. Far superior to anyone else who's judged the show. I like his combination of praise plus specific advice. 

I don't know why  I can't stand Gleb. He's a gorgeous guy, but I guess it's his  affected, way of dancing and the overly "sexy" stuff, too aware of himself? I'm always interested that others here  seem to feel the same. I  can't remember him getting much fan attenton, yet, there's Artem, Sasha, etc. who attract so much of it. 

What villain was Monica?  Admittedly, I wasn't paying close attention, but did she and Val even mention Halloween?  She's always seemed "diffiicult" to me.  Does she have some belief system that doesn't recognize Halloween or villain?  She and Val never seemed to like each other.  I'm glad she's gone and agree Derek may have  tied it out of respect for Val. 

Johnny and Nev were the ones I enjoyed most.  I do miss some of the group choreography, though.  

• Love 3
20 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

This was one of Johnny's better dances. He had some lovely lines. Halfway through the dance, someone needed to tell the fog machine guy to calm the hell down. I could barely see their heads above all the fog. Hated this cover of Creep though.

The show has been on for 15 years, wouldn't you think they would know how to work the fog machine by now?

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, leocadia said:

I thought tonight was Johnny's best dance yet, and for once I really liked what they did to the song.  (Creep).  The higher intensity and volume worked well with the pacing of the dance.  Obviously, YMMV.

I wonder if Derek choosing to save Monica was more about a nod of respect to Val.  He's usually treated like royalty and he's going out awfully early this year.  I'm not saying I think it was warranted, but I could see TPTB wanting to stroke his ego.

Monica might be better technically than Jeannie. He might have thought so. To me, Jeannie peaked a couple of weeks ago and hasn't been that memorable lately. Neither has Monica, though. I was okay with either one going.

9 hours ago, Padma said:

What villain was Monica?  Admittedly, I wasn't paying close attention, but did she and Val even mention Halloween?  

She was Nurse Ratchet from a very old horror movie, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest. It was a very strange choice, but I doubt it was her idea. Halloween should be fun, so they should have cheesy villains like Freddie Krueger.

Carrie and Hannibal Lechter were strange choices as well.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, leocadia said:

Yes, and I have to think that's why Monica stayed as long as she did. Val's fanbase kept them around. It certainly wasn't Monica's peppy personality. Without Derek (or Mark, or Maks) in the dance troupe, Val is the top show pony among the guys. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, boyznkatz said:

She was Nurse Ratchet from a very old horror movie, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest. It was a very strange choice, but I doubt it was her idea. Halloween should be fun, so they should have cheesy villains like Freddie Krueger.

There's a series on...maybe Netflix? Can't remember...with Nurse Ratched right now.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Padma said:

I don't know why  I can't stand Gleb. He's a gorgeous guy, but I guess it's his  affected, way of dancing and the overly "sexy" stuff, too aware of himself? I'm always interested that others here  seem to feel the same. I  can't remember him getting much fan attenton, yet, there's Artem, Sasha, etc. who attract so much of it. 

I will say that, objectively speaking, Gleb is hot, but he doesn't do much for me. Part of it is that he puts such overt sexiness into a lot of his dances and it just starts to feel icky. If I had to dance those routines with him, I would be so supremely uncomfortable.

Sasha is way more my type, both in looks, and in the fact that he just seems to have a lot of fun. It makes me smile to watch him (and I need more things that make me smile these days).

2 hours ago, ML89 said:

There's a series on...maybe Netflix? Can't remember...with Nurse Ratched right now.

Yes, Netflix. It just might be the thing to finally get me to set up my account (I have gift cards that have been sitting in my house for months...). I've both read and seen Cuckoo's Nest, and I'm intrigued by the idea of what her backstory might be (even though it's all made up since there's really no basis for it in the original).

• Love 4

1. Tyra...She's trying to do that long dramatic talking she did on ANM & it doesn't work on live TV.

2. Carrie Ann's IT costume actually made her look really pretty.

3. Nelly is steadily improving which is nice to see because he actually looks like he's having fun & learning.  I don't think he expects to win but he isn't giving up & his make up was 100%!

4. Did any one notice Jenna's freakin back muscles!  Dang Girl!

5. I think everyone thought Skia was gonna be the ringer because she is a Disney kid but she does nothing for me.  She's very unsure of herself.  Maybe if she comes back in a few years for an all-star season.

6. As much shit as Kaitlyn gave Bachelor Nation for "not letting" her come on the show right after her Bachelorette season, I would think she would be a lot better.  I also think she thought she was gonna kill it every week.

7. I kinda liked Tyra's second costume headpiece.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

I like her choreography. Definitely one of the more underrated pros.

I think she's underrated technique wise too.  Like the other Utah girls, she's cross-trained.  But I think she's better at contemporary, jazz, Latin, and ballroom than Witney and Lindsay when it comes to technique.  I think Witney is better at hip-hop.  I think since Lindsay's mom owned The Vibe, she had the most teaching experience before coming to DWTS.  So she's better at choreographing to weaker dancers.  I think Jenna works best when she has a good dancer like Nev and Adam Rippon.

ETA - I think you were the one that said that maybe Derek chose Monica and Val because of technique.  I agree.  I think Monica had better technique than Jeannie.  But I also agree with CAI that Jeannie is more exciting to watch.  So I would have chosen Jeannie.  This is mostly to say that I can see why Derek chose Monica and Val.  It makes more sense than CAI choosing Vernon over Johnny last week.  But CAI also gives bonus points to hot guys.

Also agree with a lot of posters that Chrishell was overscored.  She got nines for basically doing nothing but act.  Her makeup and costume looked good on her though.

Edited by realdancemom
  • Love 3

Will you guys stop trying to get Gleb fired! He's my eye candy and I need that right now! : D

I really fear for Johnny next week. The judges seem to have some pets and Johnny isn't one of them. 

• Love 1

Me too, TVbitch! I also think Gleb's a great dancer (but I'm not highly-trained yada yada so what do I know). When he had an Olympic gold medalist figure skater on the Russian DWTS, Adelina Sotnikova, they were the runners up. His wife (who was a judge on the show!) called him the "Russian Derek Hough" back then lol - but they did do some gorgeous dances. Of course, she was fantastic so that helped.

Maks Chmerkovskiy sorta blames Britt for a lot of Johnny’s problems (and I agree!)  Here he analyzes their VW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLWHXIZQrho

Edited by Morrigan
  • Love 3

Eh, this show was Villains night, not Halloween night technically. So Nurse Ratched is fine. 

The one that doesn't work as a villain is Carrie. Her mother was the villain, not Carrie herself. 

A good one to include would have been Suicide Squad - in that movie the villains were the stars. 

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Morrigan said:

When he had an Olympic gold medalist figure skater on the Russian DWTS, Adelina Sotnikova, they were the runners up. His wife (who was a judge on the show!) called him the "Russian Derek Hough" back then lol

Lol so no favoritism there. Nope. None at all.

Gleb's a fine dancer to watch. And then he choreographs routines and my eyes narrow because he has to put sex into everything, even a waltz. And then he talks to his partner and I cringe.

(Full disclosure: I prefer Artem. He just moves better anyway, imo.)

• Love 4
22 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

The one that doesn't work as a villain is Carrie. Her mother was the villain, not Carrie herself. 

Actually. her mother wasn't even the main villain. It was the Mean Girls and Guys who had made her life a living Hell in high school. When she finally snapped and used her powers to destroy them all (including her mother) as well as half the town, that was just a case of doling out justice to those bullies like candy on Halloween night. It was the ultimate "Hell, YEAH!" moment for anyone who was ever bullied in school.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 2

I think it was someone here (perhaps another thread), who posted a link to someone's compilation of the best 10 dance couples on DWTS... I finally got to watch it tonight and it was fun to see Sharna and the adorable James Hinchcliffe again... oh how I enjoyed that partnership! Their jitterbug (not included in this particular video) is one of my all time faves. p.s. Thanks to the poster here for the trip down memory lane!

Also just read about the "Relay Dance" on Monday night. I can hardly wait to hear how Tyra mangles that explanation when she does her fabulously succinct (not!) and over-pronounced introduction.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Having Tyra think up her own lines and stuff to say to contestants is excruciating. I hate to be all "BRING BACK TOM!!1!1!!!1" but I love him and miss him so much.

Justina is everything and I really want her to win. Talented and very likeable. Plus, Sascha is such a good partner and deserves to win also.

• Love 4

Maks Chmerkovskiy sorta blames Britt for a lot of Johnny’s problems (and I agree!)  Here he analyzes their VW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLWHXIZQrho

Wow, I was unaware of Maks' incarnation as an influencer - lo, how the mighty have fallen?  Incredibly odd to watch for subtext too (watching the  Val one, where Val points out, none too subtly, that Maks gives great feedback which "they're all learning from" backstage).  I want the tell-all book about DWTS NOW!

Edited by crowceilidh
  • Love 3
On 10/30/2020 at 10:21 PM, legaleagle53 said:

Actually. her mother wasn't even the main villain. It was the Mean Girls and Guys who had made her life a living Hell in high school. When she finally snapped and used her powers to destroy them all (including her mother) as well as half the town, that was just a case of doling out justice to those bullies like candy on Halloween night. It was the ultimate "Hell, YEAH!" moment for anyone who was ever bullied in school.

Oh, that's right! The main villains were Chris (don't remember the portrayer's name) and John Travolta's character. 

I would be totally fine with Sasha or Artem winning. Actually, most of the remaining pros have not won and past winners like Emma, Peta, Sharna, and Val have been eliminated. And even though Jenna has won before, I actually would be OK if she won again because I do enjoy her partnership with Nev. Say what you want about Nev but Jenna has been more likable this season.

Derek's Dr. Hyde is the only time I've found him attractive lol.

Wow I never cared about Justina Machado until that tango. That was so much theatrical fun and she was in complete control of the ballroom. Sasha has also always been a fave since he started. 

I was distracted during Nelly's dance because I couldn't stop thinking about how bad Ashanti must feel seeing this. 

Holy cow at Jenna's back muscle definition. I wish I cared about her partner because they're doing a great job. 

Tyra is OK now. If she had started this way there wouldn't have been a fuss.

• Love 2

i enjoyed villians night...2 weeks ago  inspiration night I felt like it went on FOREVER and the next week was slow not quite as  slow  did anyone else feel  that way??  and I will never understand why people get teeth that are BLINDINGLY WHITE...so so distracting

did anyone else notice everyone else got a specific villian..chuckie,nurse ratcht , malelificent, carrie ,freddie kruger etc  johnnie weir got generic vampire  why did that happen

Edited by sue450
On 10/26/2020 at 9:01 PM, ams1001 said:

Do they not want us to actually hear Tyra when she does the intro?

When I heard him say Maneater for a second I thought it was gonna be Hall & Oates. (That song always scared me when I was little (it came out when I was 7...I just googled and it was released on Halloween 1982). I've played music at night since I was pretty young and it always kept me awake if it came on when I was trying to fall asleep.)

Jeannie's red eyes freaked me out.

You'd think if there was any sport where you could be gay it'd be skating. (Love Johnny's mom's response to that.)

AJ! Spoilers!

I read about Cheryl's accident and I just knew they were gonna make us watch it multiple times. (I still cringe just thinking about the time Kym fell on her neck and then they made us watch it so many times.)

I liked Nev's Black Swan Paso but I could hardly see him for half of it.

Finally, a character where Skai's fixed expression works! I knew Argentine Tango would be good for them with the lifts, given her tiny frame, but her Bambi legs kinda ruin the look.

Sorry, I had a hard time taking the Cruella da Ville dance seriously...Artem in a Dalmatian puppy print suit just made me giggle.

I Thought Artem Was Chucky And His Partner Was The Bride OF Chucky ! I Streamed this Episode OF Dancing With The Stars ! Several Times, I Could Not Watch The Dances Because IT Was A Very Bright  OR Blurry Looking Picture ! Was That Your Problem When You Could Not See Half OF Nev's Dance ?

On 10/26/2020 at 9:02 PM, Legalbeagle421 said:

As much as I’ve been wondering who votes for Monica, I feel bad that she went home over Chrishell. I’ve been a Chrishell fan for years but she does. not. dance. I’d rather watch people who do. Go Nelly and Justina!

That WAS THE Best I Have Ever Seen OR Heard Tyra ! There Was Just One Time When She Said We're Live In A Cutesy Way ! I DO Think They Don't Have To Make A Big Deal Out OF Trya Every Time ! I Loved The Way The Judges Dressed Up And Were In Character, BUT I Don't Think Len Would Have Dressed Up OR Been The Character OF How He Was Dressed Up ! ! I ALSO Wished They Would Not Clap The Whole Time ! I Can Not Hear What Tyra Is Saying !

• Love 1
On 10/26/2020 at 9:07 PM, Annber03 said:

Had a feeling Monica would be the one leaving given the judges' general comments about her dance tonight and her lower scores. But I wasn't expecting it to be a split decision. I personally rather liked her dance, but yeah, I can see where she may not have stood out as much. 

But wow, tonight's dances were so good and fun. I loved Johnny's, I agree with the whole thing about the gothic nature of it, and at the end when he pulled Britt into his arms, I was like, "...I would watch a vampire movie featuring those two." Also, good on his mom for her response to that shitty agent. 

Justina's dance was so fun, too, and I loved how INTO it she was 😄 (and the stuff with her "pulling" Sasha and the powers and whatnot was so fun and cool). And Nev's was great as well. Chrishell, Skai (that Billie Eilish song worked really well for her dance), Nelly, and Jeannie's were quite entertaining, too. Yeah. Just a good show all around. And I loved the costumes and makeup. 

I also love Bruno dressed up as Beetlejuice :D. And I just want to say I really like the song "Disturbia". 

AJ's version of Norman Bates...it was weird to see Norman with a beard :p. His dance to the Psycho theme reminded me of this classic with Derek and Ricki Lake:

Gonna get even tougher from here on out, 'cause I like most everyone left to some degree or another. 

I Like The Judges Dressing Up And Being That Character ! I Like Derek The Best Arguing With Himself ! Carrie Ann Was The Villain In IT !

On 10/26/2020 at 9:15 PM, Callaphera said:

So they really want me to buy that Derek was actually torn between saving Jeannie or Monica rather than just buying time because production wanted to put on a good show and end on a tie breaker, eh?

I was kinda bored this time around. I'm not a big fan of Hallowe'en theme night to begin with and thankfully we didn't have to sit through Team Dad Always Takes the Best Chocolates versus Team Toothbrush in the Candy Bucket team dances this year. But I kinda felt how Skai looks every week. Props to Tyra for that bit of unintended snark when she called Skai their "living doll", though - she was referencing the Tiffany character but really just said what we've been saying since the beginning. 

I Liked Villains Night Better Than Disney Night ! The Only Problem Was That I Could Not Hardly See The Picture Because I Watch On The Computer And IT Had Been A Couple OF Weeks Since It Was On Before I Had Watched IT !

On 10/26/2020 at 9:16 PM, funnygirl said:

It's such bull💩. The more they overhype him, they more I want him to go home. 

Sorry not sorry!

You Should NOT Punish Nev Because OF The Judges ! You Should Only Go By How He Dances !

40 minutes ago, Jody said:

I Thought Artem Was Chucky And His Partner Was The Bride OF Chucky ! I Streamed this Episode OF Dancing With The Stars ! Several Times, I Could Not Watch The Dances Because IT Was A Very Bright  OR Blurry Looking Picture ! Was That Your Problem When You Could Not See Half OF Nev's Dance ?

Bride & Chucky were Skai and Alan. 101 Dalmatians was Kaitlyn and Artem. (Though I can see how they kinda look alike, especially with Halloween costumes and this show's often-terrible lighting. I went and double checked before posting this. 😉)

On 10/27/2020 at 9:44 AM, Lady Calypso said:

What weird scores last night. A lot of them were too high.

Actually, Nev has the most experience out of everyone there (I think he was dancing since was a kid and kept dancing into his college years) but Kaitlyn still has more experience than others. I do agree that she's just been average but still better than some of the others this season. I do not mind her dancing at all. She's able to deliver what she's given and I do like her partnership with Artem. This dance was fantastic in terms of her being in character, but it wasn't my favourite. I don't think she's bad, though. She IS able to dance. I think Artem just needs to push her a little more. She really is a good dancer; she's just not the greatest dancer, and that's fine! 

Nev and Jenna's dance night WAS really good, I'll give them that. But I think that attributes to Nev's dance experience. Still, it was the best of the night and I could see him winning.

I'm gonna say it; Chrishell's dance last night was awful. It was NOWHERE near 9 levels. It should have been three 7s. It was, once again, a lot of walking around and Gleb leading her while also dancing around her. The fact that Monica got a 7 and Chrishell didn't is atrocious. Monica's jazz had a lot more content than Chrishell's Paso. I completely blame Gleb who, once again, shows zero trust in his partner to be able to do more complex moves and continues giving her such basic stuff while masking it with him twirling around her. It's fine that she's not a good dancer but he hasn't shown me that he's been trying to teach her. Chrishell has been trying and I do think she could be getting better if she had a partner who actually could teach her and trust her. 

Jeannie is fantastic. I have really been enjoying her dances with Brandon. That being said, her dance last night was not very strong. I didn't get a ferocity in a Paso that should have been there, so I'm fine with her scores. But she does put in her all and that's why I hope she makes the finale. 

Johnny's dance last night was so good. I am impressed with his own improvement and I really like Britt's choreography.

Nelly has been improving bit by bit but he is still a weak dancer. I think what helped with this dance was Daniella's ability to mask his moves, but she did what Gleb has been doing with Chrishell (putting in less effort with the celeb dancing and making the pro dance a whole lot more). The difference is that we've seen that Nelly can dance with particular styles. The Tango just isn't one of them. 

AJ's dance was so so good. It was clearly a difficult dance and AJ did the very best job he could have. I'm a bit bitter at his scores, though. He was underscored by a point. Again, if Chrishell and Nelly can get 9s for their dances, then AJ should have gotten an additional 9 to match Nelly's. I get AJ went before Nelly, but still.

Skai really hit her mark last night for me. It felt like she was finally out of her head and into the dance. I even noticed that she was starting to match up with Alan's height instead of how I've been feeling the past few weeks with her height difference with him. She still has a lot more work to put in but it was better this week for me.

Justina is always a joy to see because she puts in 110% most weeks (except for that one week) but this dance was not my favourite of hers. It was ok and I felt like she could have put more intensity into it.

No surprise Monica went home but c'mon, producers. You mean to tell me that Derek was torn between Jeannie and Monica and it WASN'T for dramatic effect? I definitely felt like Derek wanted to save Jeannie but he was told that this was the week for the split vote. And that's not because Monica is a bad dancer, but more that Jeannie is more entertaining. 

I Think Derek Should Have Taken Jeannie ! They Don't Need A Split Vote Unless They Want To Hear From Bruno ! Maybe, Bruno Would Go Last ! IF Carrie Ann AND Derek BOTH Took Jeannie, Then They Did Not Need To Hear From Bruno !

On 10/28/2020 at 10:37 AM, boyznkatz said:

NO, Hannibal Lector IS Perfect For Halloween, But Maybe NOT For A Family Friendly Show Like Dancing With The Stars ! Carrie DID Kill People ! NO, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest Is NOT An Old Horror Movie ! That Was I Think Maybe In The 1980's And IT Was With Jack Nicholson And About An Institution ! Nobody Was Scary Except How Nurse Ratched Acted ! She Would NOT Let Them Have Any Fun And One Person Was Very Upset Because She Told His Mother about Him Being With A Girl So He Killed Him Self ! Jack Nicholson WAS In The Shining Which Was A Horror Movie !

On 10/29/2020 at 3:20 PM, realdancemom said:

I think she's underrated technique wise too.  Like the other Utah girls, she's cross-trained.  But I think she's better at contemporary, jazz, Latin, and ballroom than Witney and Lindsay when it comes to technique.  I think Witney is better at hip-hop.  I think since Lindsay's mom owned The Vibe, she had the most teaching experience before coming to DWTS.  So she's better at choreographing to weaker dancers.  I think Jenna works best when she has a good dancer like Nev and Adam Rippon.

ETA - I think you were the one that said that maybe Derek chose Monica and Val because of technique.  I agree.  I think Monica had better technique than Jeannie.  But I also agree with CAI that Jeannie is more exciting to watch.  So I would have chosen Jeannie.  This is mostly to say that I can see why Derek chose Monica and Val.  It makes more sense than CAI choosing Vernon over Johnny last week.  But CAI also gives bonus points to hot guys.

Also agree with a lot of posters that Chrishell was overscored.  She got nines for basically doing nothing but act.  Her makeup and costume looked good on her though.

I Think The Worse Person Was Bobby Bones A Couple OF Seasons Ago With Sharna ! He would Walk And Then Stand There And Then Jump Up And Down in The Free Style And He Ended Up Being The Winner And Getting The Mirror Ball Award ! ! !

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Bride & Chucky were Skai and Alan. 101 Dalmatians was Kaitlyn and Artem. (Though I can see how they kinda look alike, especially with Halloween costumes and this show's often-terrible lighting. I went and double checked before posting this. 😉)

Thank You ! I KNEW The Bride OF Chucky Was Skai, But I Guess I Thought Her Partner Was Artem Because Artem Had Red Hair So I Thought Artem Was Chucky ! Okay, I KNEW There Was Too Much Fog For Johnny, But I Did NOT KNOW Every Body Had Horrible Lightning ! That Makes Me Feel A Little Bit Better Because I Thought I Waited Too Long To Watch this Episode !

2 hours ago, Jody said:

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest Is NOT An Old Horror Movie ! That Was I Think Maybe In The 1980's

1975 (it's as old as I am!) Wikipedia just calls it a drama. I think they just used it because Ratched is a current/popular Netflix series. (Which I still need to watch.)

1 hour ago, Jody said:

But I Did NOT KNOW Every Body Had Horrible Lightning !

Maybe not everyone, but a lot of them have had not enough light, or too-bright lights behind them, or fog+lights that make them hard to see.

14 hours ago, Jody said:

I Think The Worse Person Was Bobby Bones A Couple OF Seasons Ago With Sharna ! He would Walk And Then Stand There And Then Jump Up And Down in The Free Style And He Ended Up Being The Winner And Getting The Mirror Ball Award ! ! !

I also didn't like Bobby because he kept whining about his scores on social media.  He deserved those scores since he wasn't a good dancer.  It's nice that Sharna finally got a mirror ball but I wish it was with somebody else like James Hinchcliffe or Nick Carter.

• Love 4