Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8 Discussion

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

The actual house Adam grew up in where the Goldberg’s used to live in Jenkintown:  I will just say it’s very interesting to Google the Goldbergs actual former residence in Jenkintown. It’s a Mansion! and see how much we are being duped by this show. This is no where near being a middle-class family and I feel taken. Takes a lot of the reality part out of it. The home’s previous owners were part of the Gimbels family.  It’s insanely gorgeous.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, chediavolo said:

The actual house Adam grew up in where the Goldberg’s used to live in Jenkintown:  I will just say it’s very interesting to Google the Goldbergs actual former residence in Jenkintown. It’s a Mansion! and see how much we are being duped by this show. This is no where near being a middle-class family and I feel taken. Takes a lot of the reality part out of it. The home’s previous owners were part of the Gimbels family.  It’s insanely gorgeous.  

This info might make me like some of them even less. Now I'll think of Beverly and Erica as some entitled rich b!tches who demand everyone do their bidding and Barry (ugh!) as a spoiled little jerk.

• Love 3
On 2/14/2021 at 12:29 PM, chediavolo said:

I understand why one might feel this way, but I'm not bothered by it.  I wasn't at all surprised that they fictionalized the family in a way calculated to make them more broadly relatable.  There isn't as much of a market for "child of privilege has wacky adventures leading to a Hollywood career," so the same general stories just play better in ABC primetime across the country when they're in a middle-class house.  They've also said all along that Barry was never quite as goofy, Beverly was never quite as shrewish, and so on, although I appreciate that not everyone has read all those interviews.  From my perspective, it's always been a sort of caricature loosely based on sketches from real life, rather than face-value autobiography.  I'm not trying to say your reaction is wrong, just sharing what my perspective is.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, 853fisher said:

I understand why one might feel this way, but I'm not bothered by it.  I wasn't at all surprised that they fictionalized the family in a way calculated to make them more broadly relatable.  There isn't as much of a market for "child of privilege has wacky adventures leading to a Hollywood career," so the same general stories just play better in ABC primetime across the country when they're in a middle-class house.  They've also said all along that Barry was never quite as goofy, Beverly was never quite as shrewish, and so on, although I appreciate that not everyone has read all those interviews.  From my perspective, it's always been a sort of caricature loosely based on sketches from real life, rather than face-value autobiography.  I'm not trying to say your reaction is wrong, just sharing what my perspective is.

I have never read that they were this fabulously wealthy so yes I feel like this was all a big lie. It’s taking their privilege and putting it in a context where those of us who are not millionaires, which I’m reasonably sure they are, can relate and I just feel, like I said, duped. It would be one thing if this was common knowledge  from the start.    Also it seems like the real Beverly is even worse than the character from the clips I’ve seen of her. 
Just all around disappointing. I can’t look at this show, even when it was good , in the same way anymore. 

Edited by chediavolo
2 hours ago, chediavolo said:

I have never read that they were this fabulously wealthy so yes I feel like this was all a big lie. It’s taking their privilege and putting it in a context where those of us who are not millionaires, which I’m reasonably sure they are, can relate and I just feel, like I said, duped. It would be one thing if this was common knowledge  from the start.    Also it seems like the real Beverly is even worse than the character from the clips I’ve seen of her. 
Just all around disappointing. I can’t look at this show, even when it was good , in the same way anymore. 

How would you have liked them to address the fact that the real-life counterparts are wealthier than the fictionalized characters?  Some kind of aired disclaimer?  I'm sure that they have shown the real house more than once in the little "inspired by" flashbacks at the end, and it was apparent it was much nicer than the middle-class one in the show.

I was never watching out of admiration or a sense of kinship with the real-life Goldbergs, although I did grow fond of the characters, so maybe that is why we have not reacted in the same way.  And I'm no millionaire myself, more like a thousandaire on a good day.  I think I understand where you're coming from, but I would hate for anyone to allow something they enjoy to be soured by a feeling that the artistic license taken to craft a sitcom was deceptive.  Still, I hear you, and I respect your opinion.

Edited by 853fisher
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Robert Lynch said:

If you see the real life clips of the show, you could tell it's a mansion. There is a grandiose staircase that the real life Adam films and you could tell by the stained glass windows that it's not a regular home. No way.

And the fact that Adam always had the latest tots and gadgets...As a kid in the 80s, I wanted a lot of the things that Adam had but we couldn't afford them. His homemade costumes alone must've cost a bundle just for the supplies.

They've never hidden the fact that Real Life Goldbergs were wealthier than the Show Goldbergs. The pictures and articles of their house and lifestyle have been around since the beginning. It never bothered me because I watch the show for the 80's nostalgia and they've done a pretty good job of bringing that. 

• Love 10
On 2/18/2021 at 12:30 AM, mamadrama said:

And the fact that Adam always had the latest tots and gadgets

Yeah, that was a dead giveaway for me too. And not just that he had everything, but that there's never any mention of him needing to save money to buy something, or worrying about the cost about something he breaks. Also, have any of the kids on the show had part-time jobs in high school that lasted for more than one episode? That's practically mandatory for sitcoms showing teenagers, but hasn't really featured on the Goldbergs. 

I don't know much about the real family, but their real-life wealth doesn't bother me. I was more weirded out when I learned about the change of Adam's brother Eric to Erica, especially with the storyline of Erica and Geoff's relationship, since I think Geoff is based on a real person. I think it's a funny change to make, and can only imagine the conversation Adam had with Eric about the decision. And overall, the 80s timeline is deliberately messy and there are several "what could have happened" plot lines, so I certainly don't view this show as an accurate reflection of the family it's based on.

• Love 5
On 2/18/2021 at 12:30 AM, mamadrama said:

And the fact that Adam always had the latest tots and gadgets...As a kid in the 80s, I wanted a lot of the things that Adam had but we couldn't afford them. 

I guess we should have been clued in from the beginning when a young kid was running around with expensive film equipment. 

Seeing the real life picture of their mansion was truly shocking.  I had no idea you could get that kind of money owning a furniture store.  But I don't hold it against them.  Hey, they were successful, good for them.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, rmontro said:

I guess we should have been clued in from the beginning when a young kid was running around with expensive film equipment. 

Seeing the real life picture of their mansion was truly shocking.  I had no idea you could get that kind of money owning a furniture store.  But I don't hold it against them.  Hey, they were successful, good for them.

I was thinking that his dad was also a doctor.

Eta: yep, I checked. The furniture store was real and owned by Father Murray, but Murray only worked there until college. Like Barry and Eric, Murray was also a doctor. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Eta: yep, I checked. The furniture store was real and owned by Father Murray, but Murray only worked there until college. Like Barry and Eric, Murray was also a doctor. 

Okay, that makes a bit more sense, but it also seems a bit misleading.  It's hard to imagine sluggish Murray of the show being a doctor.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, rmontro said:

Okay, that makes a bit more sense, but it also seems a bit misleading.  It's hard to imagine sluggish Murray of the show being a doctor.

Yeah, I guess they figured a doctor's family living in a McMansion wouldn't be relatable to the 1980s Mid-America they were trying to appeal to.

Watching videos of Real Murray makes it hard to see him in Show Murray. Jeff Garlin plays him gruff but also kind of lovable and funny. To me, Real Murray comes across as just bitter sometimes. I have the same problem with Show Adam vs Real Adam. In the videos Real Adam reminds me of those kids who were always loud, obnoxious, and always getting the class in trouble for breaking the rules. Show Adam can also be those things, but he's a lot quieter and more geeky than anything else.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Show Adam can also be those things, but he's a lot quieter and more geeky than anything else.

Show Adam always strikes me as being very nerdy.  Except in I think episode 2 this year, where they said he had suddenly become a super stud.  Which was kind of jarring, to be honest.  But then they seemed to forget about it, and it hasn't been mentioned since.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, rmontro said:

Show Adam always strikes me as being very nerdy.  Except in I think episode 2 this year, where they said he had suddenly become a super stud.  Which was kind of jarring, to be honest.  But then they seemed to forget about it, and it hasn't been mentioned since.

As a former (okay, present) nerd I'd have been friends with Show Adam. Not so much with what I've seen of Real Adam. 

The fact that the actor has barely aged in several years is really jarring. 

• Love 1

After the recent forum talk about how well they lived in real life, and the kind of wealth that they had, it just made watching this week's episode more difficult to watch.  Specifically the kind of entitlement they were showing and the kind of abusive treatment they were dishing out.  

And what was going on in that real life clip at the end?  Sounded like the real life Beverly berating some poor soft spoken woman, who was that anyway?  There seemed to be some sort of dispute over her son and a videotape, that maybe he had stolen?  And the poor mother begging not to be filmed?  I couldn't quite follow it, but it wasn't exactly uplifting.

• Love 3

Adam is clearly an idiot! The edges of lasagna and the corner of sheet pan pizza are the best!

3 hours ago, rmontro said:

Beverly berating some poor soft spoken woman,

The “woman” was Adam before his voice changed. The boy in the frame was his older brother. The person not wanting to be filmed was Beverley. Given how much video he filmed as a kid I could understand her pain. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, rmontro said:

After the recent forum talk about how well they lived in real life, and the kind of wealth that they had, it just made watching this week's episode more difficult to watch.  Specifically the kind of entitlement they were showing and the kind of abusive treatment they were dishing out.  

We’ve seen that before, most notably in the birthday dinner episode when the family: shared on refillable drink; demanded servers box up food mistakes so they could eat the leftovers; complained about everything, and got either comped or significant discounts.  And the narration indicated that was a typical experience.  How much was exaggerated?  And when does assertiveness cross over into outright bullying?  
That episode sticks in my memory because of the servers I know, who used to be able to box up and eat kitchen mistakes.  It wasn’t funny watching the family literally take the food out of low-income mouths.  

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, nora1992 said:

We’ve seen that before, most notably in the birthday dinner episode when the family: shared on refillable drink; demanded servers box up food mistakes so they could eat the leftovers; complained about everything, and got either comped or significant discounts.  And the narration indicated that was a typical experience.  How much was exaggerated?  And when does assertiveness cross over into outright bullying?  
That episode sticks in my memory because of the servers I know, who used to be able to box up and eat kitchen mistakes.  It wasn’t funny watching the family literally take the food out of low-income mouths.  

The Real Bev shared on Twitter last night that she taught her kids to stand up for themselves but not to be obnoxious or OTT with demands like the show stretched it last night. Adam isn’t connected to the show any longer, and it seems she’s a little frustrated with how the writers and runners are portraying the family. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I don't care that the Goldbergs in real life had money, I don't find it that surprising. All that film equipment wasn't cheap in the 80s, especially for a kids goofy home movies. This show has never been totally accurate to the real Adam's life I don't mind them fitting the show family into a more middle class life to make them more relatable, the same way I don't care that Erica is really Eric because Adam wanted to do plots with a sister, although I do wonder how that conversation went between Adam and his real life brother went. Knowing how much money they have does make a lot of the "I want to speak to a manager!" aspects of them to be rather more unlikable knowing how privileged they are, but from what I have gathered a lot of that has always been made more over the top than it really was. So again, I don't really care. 

What I do care about is that this show pretty much sucks now. It still has some good lines and moments, but its fallen into the sitcom trap of characters going from "lovably quirky" to "unsympathetic over the top stereotypes" that a lot of sitcoms fall into in their later seasons once they've gone on for too long. Episodes that really focus on the Karen aspects of Beverly are always ones that bring out the most annoying parts of her character, its not funny its just nails on a chalkboard. 

I can still get a few laughs, like I thought Murray forgetting things the very second he heard them was kind of funny, and there were some good lines, but I am mostly just watching because I've come this far. 

• Love 13
44 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Adam wanted to do plots with a sister,

To be fair the network demanded he did it but it wasn’t his choice! But I agree the only time I cared about the real life being different was because I live in Sf and during the first season the  real lovely 16 room Edwardian house he grew up in(with a tennis court) was listed at the same price a two bedroom apartment was going for in Sf!

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Adam is clearly an idiot! The edges of lasagna and the corner of sheet pan pizza are the best!

The “woman” was Adam before his voice changed. The boy in the frame was his older brother. The person not wanting to be filmed was Beverley. Given how much video he filmed as a kid I could understand her pain. 

Ha, that's what I was thinking too! Those crunchy end pieces are the best! 

And we've seen several end tags showing Adam continuing to film when his parents told him to put the camera down, so this one wasn't surprising. As annoying as I'm sure it was, it's pretty cool that he has all that footage. We got a video camera when I was in high school and everyone was always shooing my sister away when she filmed family parties and stuff, but those are now some of our most prized videos, with all the family members who are no longer with us and so many get togethers that we no longer have. 

What I do care about is that this show pretty much sucks now. It still has some good lines and moments, but its fallen into the sitcom trap of characters going from "lovably quirky" to "unsympathetic over the top stereotypes" that a lot of sitcoms fall into in their later seasons once they've gone on for too long. Episodes that really focus on the Karen aspects of Beverly are always ones that bring out the most annoying parts of her character, its not funny its just nails on a chalkboard. 

Yeah, like most long-running characters, the actress now seems to be leaning into the worst traits and doing a lazy, over-the-top portrayal of a character that already started off at an 11. 

I like episodes with more Erica in them, I don't know why I find her line delivery so funny, but I've always liked that character (when the writing is good, anyway). 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The grass is always greener, I guess.

14 hours ago, biakbiak said:

That was Adam speaking?  Okay, that scenario makes more sense, and isn't as disturbing as the way I was interpreting it.

7 hours ago, nora1992 said:

We’ve seen that before, most notably in the birthday dinner episode when the family: shared on refillable drink; demanded servers box up food mistakes so they could eat the leftovers; complained about everything, and got either comped or significant discounts. 

That was my favorite episode.  For some reason I found it funny at the time, maybe the show was more well written then.  Or maybe the difference is that they've since driven their obnoxiousness into the ground.

• Love 1

I also thought the birthday dinner at Beefsteak Charlie's was one of the better episodes of the last few seasons.  It seemed like a slice of life, heightened in the manner of a sitcom, but without the increasingly conspicuous contrivance of other scenarios the show uses now.  It made me think of my grandmother insisting on ordering from the children's menu, my mother ordering bacon "very, very, very well done" and my father chiming in to clarify just how inedible she wanted it, my siblings getting chicken at the seafood place and fish at the steakhouse, etc.  They were pains in the ass on the show, but it resonated with me, and I thought many families probably had some stories about wacky things that happened while they were out to dinner.

On the other hand, stories like tonight's about Adam "finding his voice" don't work for me, not just because it hinges on a lesson that is supposed to have been learned several times over by now, but especially because they're trying too hard to keep as much of the family as possible in everything.  Other characters asking why 4/5 of the nuclear Goldbergs are in the cafeteria of a high school where only 1 of them is a student on a Tuesday afternoon aren't actually funny, because they just highlight how inane this is.  I think it's time to take this show out back and shoot it.  I like everyone in the cast and would like to see them move on to better projects.

I've never had a TV show loosely based on my life, and maybe I'd feel differently if I had, but the more Beverly goes out of her way to let us know she's not like the sitcom character, the more I wonder whether maybe she doth protest too much.  I don't know, just a weird vibe there.  I don't imagine many people don't realize things are exaggerated to the nth degree.  Surely nobody whose opinion should interest a successful adult, right?

I thought Helen seemed vaguely familiar.  She is Artemis Pebdani.  I know her as Susan Ross on "Scandal," but she has had many other recurring roles, including a long-running one on "Always Sunny in Philadelphia."  I've always had a good feeling about her and would like to keep seeing her around.  It's astounding what a difference a skilled actor plus hair/makeup/wadrobe can evince in one individual playing a savvy political operator on one show and a schlubby lunch lady on another.

• Love 2
On 2/25/2021 at 5:32 PM, 853fisher said:

I've never had a TV show loosely based on my life, and maybe I'd feel differently if I had,

The thought of a TV show based on my life sounds absolutely mortifying.  I'd take the check though  🙂

Edited by rmontro
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

We got a video camera when I was in high school and everyone was always shooing my sister away when she filmed family parties and stuff, but those are now some of our most prized videos, with all the family members who are no longer with us and so many get togethers that we no longer have.

I can totally relate!  My dad used to record all of the Christmas and birthday events with his RCA CMR300 camcorder from 1987.  My aunt hated it.  She always told him to put the damn thing down.  Relatives also thought it was annoying and intrusive at the time.

When he finally digitized all of his VHS tapes in the early 2010s, my aunt had a change of heart.  She was actually glad he was able to preserve memories of deceased relatives.  It didn't seem so bad some 20+ years later.

• Love 3

Beverly's tweets over this weeks episode.

beverly goldberg

@goldilocks405

Feb 24

Watching tonight’s episode. Speechless Yes I tried to make my children strong and secure and to speak up for themselves. I did not teach them to be obnoxious and over the top in their demands. Yes the episode is funny but stretches the truth. Just saying

beverly goldberg

@goldilocks405

I can’t even respond about what’s going on with the show. I sit here and watch it like the rest of you and I cringe. Not sure who’s writing some of the stuff but it’s not someone who knows me or my family. That’s all I can say

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, rmontro said:

Those were really interesting, thanks for posting those.  Looks like the real Beverly is watching the same show we're watching.

She hasn't been happy about how they are being portrayed this season. She said for the fans to not give up and the actors are working really hard. I can't go with her on that one. If it comes back for a 9th season, which I see no reason why, I won't watch it. This season has been brutal.

• Love 1

I have to admit that I laughed out loud several times during the last ep, which hasn’t really happened for the last several shows.  Especially Earl’s “I’m not going to do any of that” or however he said it.

19 hours ago, Madtown said:

Beverly's tweets over this weeks episode.

I can't even wrap my head around what it must feel like to sit down to a night of television and tune in to a show about my own family and what we were doing 30 years ago. At least at the beginning Adam was heavily involved so it must have been more realistic and like a fun walk down memory lane, but if it's true that the show is now being written by strangers, it must be so frustrating to watch them get so many things wrong. The whole thing must be so surreal to the real Goldberg family.

• Love 4
On 2/25/2021 at 8:26 AM, nora1992 said:

Yes the show was in funny anymore now I know that they are all a bunch of entitled elitists. I did enjoy it in the past so I guess I’m glad I didn’t realize this until now. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Yes the show was in funny anymore now I know that they are all a bunch of entitled elitists. I did enjoy it in the past so I guess I’m glad I didn’t realize this until now. 

With all respect, “entitled elitists” seems a bit harsh. If the show can underplay their wealth, why can’t it overplay their demands? The real family is full of self-achievers. Pops, Murray and two sons are physicians. Adam has been writing and winning awards since he was a child; he’s had 3 shows on tv and written for others. These are people who work for their successes, and I guess I don’t understand why learning they had financial resources is such a sea change. It’s not as if they’re portrayed as scraping by a la Roseanne. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Kiddvideo
  • Love 12

It doesn’t matter to me if Adam’s parents  were wealthy; this is a fictionalized account of Adam’s love for all things eighties, not a documentary.

Besides, Jeff Garlin could not look less like Murray if he tried, so it was different from the jump.  Plus Eric/Erica.

One thing that gives me pause is if Adam has left the show completely, because if that’s the case, why are we still doing this?  It’s about him, we’ve established he is real, so now some strangers are going to completely make up their behaviors when we had six seasons where that was not the case?  That feels odd to me.

This show has always had the bonus of Adam’s videos, especially when they do side-by-sides of Adam’s video and Sean’s acting.  It would be neat if they started doing interviews at the end with the real people like they did in Schooled, although many of them would probably be elderly now if they are still with us.  Like Bill, or the Mattress King, or the friend with the daughter who is going off to college whose name escapes me now.

• Love 2
On 3/1/2021 at 8:11 PM, HyeChaps said:

IMO the plan has always been to end the story when Adam graduates high school.  It just makes sense.

Or they can do like That 70's Show and just end on New Year's Eve at midnight 1990.

How long have they been waiting to use an old picture of George Segal? The guy had one serious jaw line and still has just as much charm. No surprise that he has always been smooth with the ladies. 

I guess its progress that Erica wasn't trying to be a jerk to Geoff, she was just a jerk unintentionally by pulling the "your attractive to me" card on him. 

Knowing that the actual Goldbergs are wealthier than they are on the show doesn't bother me or affect my viewing of the show. Adam was always upfront that this is loosely based on his life, its not a documentary. It seems like they have worked hard for their success, good for them. What is rather affecting my viewing now is knowing that the actual Goldbergs are no longer involved with the show and that they aren't thrilled with it. Like I said, its fiction and it always had been, but it must be so weird to watch this show about your own life turn into something you cant even recognize. 

• Love 7
(edited)

George Segal actually began acting in the 1960s and my first recollection of him is that Mike Nichols film called Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf with Sandy Dennis, Elizabeth Taylor, and Richard Burton. What a shame that three actors from that film all passed away. Funny thing is that both Sandy Dennis and George Segal were all from a movie that would later be remade much later. Sandy Dennis from The Out of Towners, later remade in the 90s. George Segal in Fun with Dick and Jane, later remade in 2000s.

Edited by Robert Lynch
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Knowing that the actual Goldbergs are wealthier than they are on the show doesn't bother me or affect my viewing of the show. Adam was always upfront that this is loosely based on his life, its not a documentary. It seems like they have worked hard for their success, good for them. What is rather affecting my viewing now is knowing that the actual Goldbergs are no longer involved with the show and that they aren't thrilled with it.

To me, it's all related.  As you say, the real life Goldbergs were successful, good for them.  But the people who have taken over the show aren't portraying them in the best light.  Knowing their wealthy background, they're coming off as entitled and vainglorious.

I thought this was a decent episode.  Geoff winning the pageant because he was so attentive to Erica was kind of sweet, even if it seem like a bit of a stretch.  The other story was okay too, although Coach Nick making Adam play football for the varsity to get even with Beverly?  Yeah, I'm pretty sure that wouldn't fly.  

• Love 1

What an odd way to capitalize on Dolly's recent popularity.  I was sorry to learn Wendi can't sing.  Both plots were really stupid, but at least they found a creative way to use George, who is fabulous.  Please take this show behind the shed and shoot it already.

• Love 1
On 3/3/2021 at 8:39 PM, Mr. Haney said:

I think the show needs to end soon.  They have run out of 1980's ideas and this season has been boring.

It'll be weird if the show ends this season and "American Housewife" does as well. They'll kinda have to rebuild Wednesday night from the ground up. 

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, Phishbulb said:

It'll be weird if the show ends this season and "American Housewife" does as well. They'll kinda have to rebuild Wednesday night from the ground up. 

How true and makes more sense why they are throwing some many "new" shows not just because other shows have shorten seasons this year, but to see what sticks and what doesn't. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 2/16/2021 at 6:31 PM, 853fisher said:

How would you have liked them to address the fact that the real-life counterparts are wealthier than the fictionalized characters?  Some kind of aired disclaimer? 

I don't really mind the real life wealth disparity at all, but by far my favorite "complaint" about the show's departure from reality comes from real life Matt Bradley, who expressed total confusion that they cast such a hot actor to play him. He said something along the lines of "I was never that good looking in high school," haha. It's especially funny when they seemed to purposefully cast regular-looking dudes as the rest of the JTP, but then Matt Bradley looks like an Abercrombie model for no reason. I was admittedly expecting the real guy to be super handsome.

Even when they give Geoff things to do outside of  Erica, it always comes back to Erica. He's the sweetest character alive, but listening to him rattle off dates of their "firsts" made me cringe because their relationship is so one-sided. I doubt we'd see Erica stressed about Geoff perceiving her as attractive to others because she walks all over him. At least the show is trying harder to prove she actually cares for him this season, albeit in weirdly patronizing ways.

Edited by SnarkEnthusiast
  • Love 3
On 3/8/2021 at 8:42 PM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

At least the show is trying harder to prove she actually cares for him this season, albeit in weirdly patronizing ways.

Seems to be a theme of the show.  We treat each other like garbage routinely, but deep down we really care about each other - at least for the last two minutes of every week.  Then it's back to treating everyone like garbage again.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5