Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: The Good Shepherd

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Now I am remembering more about the Jason rumors. I think the accused woman was a co-worker of Kathryn's at Gwynn's. No wonder they fired her sorry ass.

She is a makeup artist who did the makeup on a photo shoot. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 4
1 hour ago, albarino said:

I like Cameran and I missed her.  Why in the world would Kathryn put it out on national TV the rumor about Jason?  Hey, Kathryn, you complete and total idiot fuckface, you live in the same town.  How is that going to work for you?  We know you have mental health issues, substance abuse issues, you have children with an abuser who has been repudiated, and you have never done anything meaningful with your life.  We know from the previews the name Calhoun is now mud.  Kathryn, I mean this in the nicest possible way, FUCK OFF.  Okay, I feel better now.

I swear Bravo is actively trying to lose me with this and many other programs.

Yes and most surprising to me is that Bravo aired it. I kind of took interest when that story broke months ago bc Cam is such a golden, perfect child so the adultery allegations peaked the gossip part of me. As said above the alleged mistress made a public denial. 

And the way Kathryn did it at the restaurant with her smug, dull affect manner was gross. Still surprised they aired bc until now Bravo only have near angelic footage of her.  They treat Patricia with the same kid gloves. 

I’m not skilled enough to describe the why but Shep’s hair made him look quite a bit uglier in a few scenes- the party being one of them. I’ve always find Shep kind of hot though he lost me last season but this season he’s losing me on looks. 

While I’m wading in the shallow pool good grief Taylor is downright average looking.  With looks like that (and knowing Shep) I anticipated learning she was a Vanderbilt. But she’s a dental assistant so Shep falling hard for her makes me skeptical.  I recall a gag inducing lunch he had with his mom where the takeaway was (paraphrased) “I need to meet a blue blood who can move in our circle”.  Sure, people change, but does Shep?  

I did kind of find the Pringle dude hot. He had a manliness about him most of these guys lack. He reminded me a tad of some guy I actually want to say is on that non-New Orleans Southern Charm. The one where the dark haired girl was always sad about the guy who sold socks. 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, KnoxForPres said:

I did kind of find the Pringle dude hot. He had a manliness about him most of these guys lack. He reminded me a tad of some guy I actually want to say is on that non-New Orleans Southern Charm. The one where the dark haired girl was always sad about the guy who sold socks. 

I think his name was Daniel on SC Savannah. And believe it or not, I can confirm the dark-haired girl (Hannah) is still with the guy who sold socks (Louis). Go figure lol. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

I think his name was Daniel on SC Savannah. And believe it or not, I can confirm the dark-haired girl (Hannah) is still with the guy who sold socks (Louis). Go figure lol. 

And this is why you are my people on the forums. I actually laughed at my non descript  sentence and refusal to Google and haha- you knew!  You know, I’m glad they’re still together in a way.  

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, KnoxForPres said:

And this is why you are my people on the forums. I actually laughed at my non descript  sentence and refusal to Google and haha- you knew!  You know, I’m glad they’re still together in a way.  

Well, I am honored to be among your people! And it's so sad because for whatever reason, I follow dark-haired girl on Instagram. No clue why. But at least it came in handy here. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

@LibertarianSlut your quote “Madison is like the girl with two faces from Seinfeld—in some lights she looks absolutely gorgeous and in some she looks just like a generically attractive person.  It’s not just her face, it’s her body that also looks completely different in different scenes”

I so agree. I have never found her necessarily attractive and thought she  was gorgeous at the party. A sentence I didn’t think I’d ever say.

One of my real life friends forewarned it was a heavy Madison episode  and I said “pass” and she was like “Oh I love her so much”.  

I guess she’s ok but I find Austen so boring and lacking of anything cool that her being with him kills any goodwill I can muster. The robe was a fail and FFS Bravo please never show the video of him grabbing his gross crotch again.

I don’t really like Patricia but I’m with her on Austen brings nothing.  I’m even hesitant to give frat boy status as I see him the guy at the frat door house like “I know was I was hosed- but but I have a keg- and a bathrobe!” 

• Love 8

I like Chelsea and I grew to appreciate Naomi.  I appreciated her bluntness.  The fact that her dad was fighting cancer during at least one of her last seasons and she never shared that says a lot.  I would’ve liked to have seen how she was handling his death, but again I respect that she was able to walk away from the show that probably undoubtedly helped her business.  I know she and Metul are moving to NYC so she likely wasn’t long for the show anyways.  
I’m going to miss Cameron’s relationship with her mom.  Again, Cameron wasn’t perfect but her attitude towards Kathryn did not come out of left field.  
Has Kathryn maintained a single friendship with any of the girls on this show? 

• Love 10
On 10/29/2020 at 10:11 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

Annnnd Kathryn completely regained my goodwill by refusing to toe the party line about Cameran <cough, Craig, cough> and calling her an asshole on national television.  It’s about time someone revealed that the emperor had no clothes.  

I see you drinking Kathryn and I don't know everything but I know where that will lead, IF she's an addict that is.  

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I see you drinking Kathryn and I don't know everything but I know where that will lead, IF she's an addict that is.  

She’s addicted to pot only - she’s told us!  She otherwise makes healthy, adult decisions. See- two kids with T Rav. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 2
On 10/30/2020 at 4:42 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

It’s her actions and words, not her heritage, that cause me to come to conclusions about her.

The term that was intended to be highlighted was the latter, not the former.  A carpet-bagger in the South historically being someone from elsewhere, be it New England, New Brunswick, or New Zealand.  

I didn't intend to cast aspersions, and didn't want to actually dismiss where she was literally from, and it was obviously an awkward and dumb way of putting it.

Edited by Lassus
  • Love 1

Definitely not giving Kathryn a pass, just noting the timing of when she reverted to being an asshole, while back in Thomas' orbit. She is a grown adult and responsible for her own words & actions.  However, I would not be surprised to her that he was at the center those Cam/Jason rumors. Remember all his bitter Twitter tirades?

I am curious about Patricia's reaction to Kathryn's behavior. I do miss Chelsea, Can't say that I miss Naomi. I find Madison & her life rather interesting. Oh, and Shep is really not aging well.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, snarts said:

Definitely not giving Kathryn a pass, just noting the timing of when she reverted to being an asshole, while back in Thomas' orbit. S

She was an absolutely asshole last season as well. I don’t remember a season where she wasn’t an asshole Thomas or not.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, biakbiak said:

She was an absolutely asshole last season as well. I don’t remember a season where she wasn’t an asshole Thomas or not.

This. I have rewatched all the earlier seasons recently since my social life is so Covid limited. Kathryn is just an awful person. Sure, she was very young in the beginning, but as hard as the show has tried to redeem her, it isn't possible. She has used and abused so many people, Jennifer, Danni, and Elizabeth especially. Everything is always about her. She has no idea what actual friendship is. She is stupid and has no interest in learning a thing. I miss Cameron and I hope the new girl gives Kathryn hell. Austin remains boring. I think Madison is really pretty, but I haven't really figured her out and definitely cannot figure out what a pretty girl with her own business, is doing with a loser like him. 

• Love 11
On 10/31/2020 at 9:24 PM, KnoxForPres said:

@LibertarianSlut your quote “Madison is like the girl with two faces from Seinfeld—in some lights she looks absolutely gorgeous and in some she looks just like a generically attractive person.  It’s not just her face, it’s her body that also looks completely different in different scenes”

I so agree. I have never found her necessarily attractive and thought she  was gorgeous at the party. A sentence I didn’t think I’d ever say.

Y'all, but is she not just the mirror image of Jessica Simpson?! I feel like I'm watching JS at times, and it's driving me nuts that no one else sees it! Maybe we do catch her at different angles. I think she's kind of a generic asshole, but no worse than anyone else on this shitshow. And I'll admit I kind of felt a wave of shame when I saw her tiny child showering and blowdrying his own hair. My 10-yo son regularly leaves the house with his shirt on backward...he has most definitely never used a hot tool. She's doing something right.

Edited by RedInk
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, RedInk said:

And I'll admit I kind of felt a wave of shame when I saw her tiny child showering and blowdrying his own hair.

He has the same hair dryer as me!  Well I assume they share it but if that’s what a hair-stylist would use, I chose well 😉

I miss Cheltsea- and especially her dog Tyson.  I always admired her for rescuing a pit bull who had been used for fighting- and you can tell how grateful he was, he always looked at her with so much love in his eyes.

Last season, I hated Shep for calling Madison ‘white trash’.  However, if he were ever to throw that insult at Kathryn, I’d be like ‘meh, that sounds about right.’  What she did to Cam was just awful.

• Love 6
21 hours ago, RedInk said:

Y'all, but is she not just the mirror image of Jessica Simpson?! I feel like I'm watching JS at times, and it's driving me nuts that no one else sees it!

Oh, I definitely see a Jessica Simpson resemblance and people posted about it last season, so it’s not just us.  I just feel bad comparing Madison’s looks to JS’s, because I don’t think Jessica is that attractive or ever has been—short, stumpy body and legs, a big hard lower face and jaw, and a cocky attitude about a voice that sucks (all in my opinion of course).  

Since I kind of like Madison, I don’t mention that they definitely look alike.  As soon as she really pisses me off, I’ll go on a tirade about her that includes how much she reminds me of Jessica Simpson. 

Also, Madison is a good half a dozen years younger than JS and it shows!

• Love 3

How tired everyone seemed on this show, bone-tired from having signed up for another season.

Shep’s drinking is showing even more in his face. If that’s a real relationship he has, good for him, and I liked his girlfriend trying to get him to stop being flustered over other people’s business at the party. I’ve blanked on her name and don’t know if it matters since she’ll probably be the one to dump him.

Thomas acting all Daddy Normal was a disgusting few moments I won’t get back. I was majorly judging why the kids were dressed in little collared shirts and such during breakfast when the shirt would just (and did) get messed up. Otherwise they seemed well behaved, all things considered.

At this point, Whitney would be interesting to watch, even though him in regular doses in the old days was grating. I like him far more now. He and Madison should get together and snark it out. 

I did not get the appeal of Pringle and concluded he is one of those uber-charismatic dudes in person. Or he just had more facial hair per capita than the other gents combined and that was enough to attract interest through sheer difference. 

Patricia looked like they’d narrowed her face and used a special lens in her talking head. More alien than ever. I’m not feeling as amused by her as in the past. Why is she still catered to like her opinion possibly matters? Argh! (Also, I can’t stand people dressing up their pets. The pets don’t have a choice to be stuffed into ridiculous outfits and always look resigned or worse. Get an animatronic stuffie or rent a baby, FFS.)

• Love 2
On 10/29/2020 at 10:32 PM, Babyfoot said:

Cam, I don’t think you’re an asshole for not wanting to hang out with Clown Face Fraggle Hair aka CFFH aka Kathryn.  I don’t want to hang out with her either. I don’t want to watch her squeeze into a yet another pair of Naugahyde pants 4 sizes too small for her. I don’t want to watch Danni shove her head up CFFH’s ass, then pull it out only to reinsert it. I can’t do another season of Kathryn cast as the poor, misunderstood ingenue. She’s not misunderstood. She’s an asshole. She and Thomas are two chucklefucks who beat as one. I can’t even enjoyably hate watch this show. I just hate it.

Thank you. I have always thought she was a really nasty person inside.   Craig: “Why is she saying these things?” Um because she’s a hateful bitch, always has been.  I miss Chelsie and her dog. 

• Love 7

I’m watching parts I missed. 
Does Austen still not work??! What a turn off. And WHY did we have to see the threesome video AGAIN?! 

Shep’s girlfriend-she lied about her occupation? O-kay. And I have to wonder: a dental assistant is a “good enough” profession for Shep?? Shocking! I thought he would only seriously date a blue-blood PhD, MD or lawyer. Hmm. 

Also, got me thinking: he always called Madison a “white trash hair dresser”. BUT, he was trying to date Chelsea right before that..another hair dresser, not from money. So, why was Chelsea okay but Madison was white trash? What an elitist pig, serious issues. At least he admits it now! 

Patricia and Michael have lost their charm. Two odd ones, those two. 

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 4

Shannah Banana  - I loved your whole post!

I plan on skipping as much of the political scenes as possible.  I don't need it. 

From the previews, it looks like this stupid show is going to become the live action equivalent of that particular brand of Facebook friend we all have.  I don't need to be lectured there and I certainly don't need to be "educated" by Leva.  

Leva was immediately annoying and without Cam and Chelsea the show seems to have lost a requisite amount of charm in favor of angry people who yell all the time.  

Speaking of, I bet Leva hashtags everything #bossbabe.  Just seems like the type.  

I'm thinking Austen may have found it in a resale/consignment/vintage shop and thought it would be a "kitschy" moment on the show. 

Yes, it was a calculated move to be soooo funny.  Which makes it completely unfunny and not cute.  

She has a deadpan personality unless she is mimicking someone else.  She can be quite animated then.  Weird. 

That is so true!  Kathryn is perpetually an awkward 8th grader hulking around in a body that she's not used to.  She dresses outlandishly but then hides and cowers with this, "don't stare at me" attitude. 

I can't help it, I wish Whitney would stay around.   

• Love 3
On 11/4/2020 at 7:40 PM, HouseofBeck said:

I’m not feeling as amused by her as in the past. Why is she still catered to like her opinion possibly matters?

Her son is an Executive Producer on the show.  Maybe he's in charge of catering.

WHY is his name "Sudler"?   Whitney Sudler-Smith.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Her son is an Executive Producer on the show.  Maybe he's in charge of catering.

WHY is his name "Sudler"?   Whitney Sudler-Smith.

It's his maternal grandmother's maiden name, and presumably his given middle name at birth.  He hyphenated it because he thought it sounded cool.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

It's his maternal grandmother's maiden name, and presumably his given middle name at birth.  He hyphenated it because he thought it sounded cool.

Thanks, it's the hyphen that threw me off!  

• Love 3