Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

As someone who has never found drunken people funny, interesting or good company, I’m all for a season where someone tries to get their shit together - especially wondering how B navigates new relationships with her enabling husband and pain-in-the-ass mother. 

Edited by nexxie
  • Applause 1
  • Love 14

First off...love the new girl!  Who was the guy in the backseat, behind her brother?  Why am i watching Gina? No,  I don't think Shane was hitting on her so please don't make this her story line this year...  I watch to see rich women living the life, traveling, shopping, we know she can't afford to hang with these women!...Hell, I live better than Gina! (Not putting her down, just saying)..Good luck Braunwyn on your sobriety!  Alcoholism is an ugly beast to fight!  Kelly is so fake, shes trying to act classy bc she married Rick Leventhal??  Your daughter is your mini me!  Come on Rick...I thought you were smarter than to marry her!  And last but not least.. GOOD RIDDANCE TAMARA AND VICKY!

Edited by Saltgypsie
Grammer!
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Gini67 said:

Could u imagine Heather Dubrow showing her bedrooms with 3 bunk beds crammed in 2 small bedrooms... please tell me why Gina is a housewife again?

But this is what Leah from NY wants more woman “like her” this is what the franchise she wants it to turn into lol “everyday” woman 

• Love 1

Loved the montage of Kelly and Shannon's roller coaster relationship.  Once again the editors are the true heroes of this show.

Is Casamigo in Bravo's pocket or something?  I swear I only hear about that tequila on Housewives shows! 

Gina entertained me somewhat this episode, and I'm not sure how to feel about that.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

I like the way the new girl just blatantly said that she's rich because she married money. She didn't mention a prenup but her husband was already wealthy when she met him so I'm guessing there is one in place and the year's long hold up in their divorce is due to her trying to get more than the prenup allotted. Since she's saying her and the boyfriend don't have sex because she is still legally married, I'm going to have to guess they're trying to push something around how she has always been faithful and hubby cheated on her and knocked up another woman.  All those homes and jets that Kelly was mentioning will likely stay with the husband. She's worked out a deal to stay in the beach house, at least for now, but I don't think she has access to lots of cash. Those white Hilfiger sweats she had on can be purchased at Ross dress for less for $12.99. not that if you're rich you can't buy cheap stuff, but she was clearly going for the head to toe label look that gives others the impression she's wearing something expensive.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6

I don't know why I care, but...did Shannon tell Brawny that Gina's house was sad or depressing?  I have no strong desire to defend Shannon, but what I'm remembering from their conversation was Brawny talking smack about the house and Shannon not really defending Gina but not really participating in the smack talk either?  (Unless there was more that wasn't shown, obviously.)

Why do Brawny's husband and Gina even have each other's numbers?  That text was... slightly odd.  But, I'm not sure what Brawny is *so* bent out of shape about here.  She has said that she and her husband sometimes hook up with other women, so why is it so damning for Gina to joke about him trying to pick her up?  (And I don't know if he *was* -- maybe he just interacts oddly with his wife's friends and it was totally innocent.  But, who cares either way?)  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ladle said:

She has said that she and her husband sometimes hook up with other women, so why is it so damning for Gina to joke about him trying to pick her up?  (And I don't know if he *was* -- maybe he just interacts oddly with his wife's friends and it was totally innocent.  But, who cares either way?)  

I think it's a case of it's not what Gina said about him, but how she said it. Because the joke is basically "Hey, look, isn't Sean a creep?"

• Love 3

After this episode aired, B was on wwhl with someone I hadn’t heard of, Glennon Doyle. She has been sober for a long time and told B that, as she lost the numbness provided by the alcohol, a lot of anger and other feelings will come up about relationships, like the one with her mom. I’m curious to see the real B - she may be very different from the one we’ve seen so far.

• Love 8

Dr Deb is a piece of shit for many reasons... but blackmailing you’re own daughter? That’s dark. 

Yes Braunwyn has issues, but who wouldn’t after dealing with a crazy ass mom like she has? I admittedly found B kind of annoying and try-hard last season, but now I’m just mostly sympathetic. It may be an unpopular  opinion, but I’m actually interested in seeing her journey to sobriety. 

Count me in as someone who enjoyed the heck out of that scene of Emily and Gina. It looked like they were genuinely having fun! Was there some shit talking? Sure. But who among us hasn’t indulged in some of that on occasion whilst enjoying libations with a good  friend? While my mind didn’t go to “threesome” from that text from Sean, it did seem... odd? And oddly “familiar” to a woman he barely knows. I’d have felt weird about it had I been in Gina’s position.

I don’t think any of the women of this cast are plus-size. To me, “plus size” is 16+ and the clothing is sold in a separate department of a store (like Lord & Taylor’s “American Woman” department I worked at right after college).These women are all fairly “normal” average sizes—we’re just conditioned to seeing mostly women who are size 0-2 on these shows. The ladies being referred to as plus size here are probably in the size 8-12 range. I think you’d be surprised at how much smaller they are in “real life” as opposed to on tv as well.

I’m unclear why everyone is assuming Shannon’s new business venture is going to fail? Her food line did (maybe still does?) well on QVC. Whose to say this one won’t be successful as well. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 8

I don’t mind that Gina is not living large. It reminds me of season 1 with Lauri in her townhouse with 3 kids. Although Lauri was looking for Mr. Big Bucks while Gina is more concerned with having a good match. With her 3rd season salary maybe she’ll upgrade in the near future.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, JenniferTeach said:

Omg that is too funny!  She totally does - super masculine! 

Yup, she just seems so awkward.

I had asked in an earlier post if we will ever see her in something other than golf wear and then we got that scene of her going to check out a dog rescue she is starting and she was wearing Dorit's old Chanel shirt with no bra and buttoned to her navel and I thought, we have another HW who has no idea how to dress.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

I don’t mind that Gina is not living large. It reminds me of season 1 with Lauri in her townhouse with 3 kids. Although Lauri was looking for Mr. Big Bucks while Gina is more concerned with having a good match. With her 3rd season salary maybe she’ll upgrade in the near future.

I don't care either.  I know the show started to showcase women with wealth, but for me, it's more about personalities and the HW trips.   It seems like there are few that participate on these shows with real wealth anyway -- it's so often a house of cards.

• Love 9

Braunwyn needs a combination of AA and in-depth therapy, specifically in having grown up with a narcissistic mother.  There are therapists who specialize in this (ask me how I know, lol).

She has to get to the root of her problem and pull it out like a weed, before she can plant something healthy in its place.  

She's been spending her life planting things over this weed:  dozens of kids, gigantic necklace-wearing husband, large home, teensy worked out body, and of course, alcohol.  

She needs to remove the demons that Rainbow Brite "Ego" mother installed into her brain.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

Yes Braunwyn has issues, but who wouldn’t after dealing with a crazy ass mom like she has? I admittedly found B kind of annoying and try-hard last season, but now I’m just mostly sympathetic. It may be an unpopular  opinion, but I’m actually interested in seeing her journey to sobriety. 

Count me in as someone who enjoyed the heck out of that scene of Emily and Gina. It looked like they were genuinely having fun! Was there some shit talking? Sure. But who among us hasn’t indulged in some of that on occasion whilst enjoying libations with a good  friend? While my mind didn’t go to “threesome” from that text from Sean, it did seem... odd? And oddly “familiar” to a woman he barely knows. I’d have felt weird about it had I been in Gina’s position.

I’m unclear why everyone is assuming Shannon’s new business venture is going to fail? Her food line did (maybe still does?) well on QVC. Whose to say this one won’t be successful as well. 

I admittedly found B kind of annoying and try-hard last season, but now I’m just mostly sympathetic. It may be an unpopular  opinion, but I’m actually interested in seeing her journey to sobriety. 

I still find Braunwyn to be an annoying try-hard AND I'm also interested in her sober journey. I don't necessarily like her personality, but I'm glad she's on the show this season and I'm interested to see what she will bring to the mix.

Count me in as someone who enjoyed the heck out of that scene of Emily and Gina. It looked like they were genuinely having fun!

They did seem like they were genuinely having fun. I think there was just a shadow cast over the scene for me because Gina was so awful to Emily last year and, in typical Emily fashion, she seems so desperate for love that she has pretty much glazed right over it. Emily makes me uncomfortable because she's someone who talks a strong game behind people's backs, or she'll be very assertive on Twitter, but then she backs down in face-to-face confrontation, whether it's her friends or Shane. I'd enjoy her so much more if she were able to bring that spice to all of her interactions.

I don't assume her business venture will fail (I'm often shocked by how well some of the Housewives seems to do with their product lines), but I'm absolutely cringing for her that it's self-financed with her personal money. That seems like such a huge risk. But, then, as an entrepreneur myself, I'm a huge believer in the notion that you don't spend money on a business until you're making money in a business. Couldn't she find investors...?

Just now, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I admittedly found B kind of annoying and try-hard last season, but now I’m just mostly sympathetic. It may be an unpopular  opinion, but I’m actually interested in seeing her journey to sobriety. 

I still find Braunwyn to be an annoying try-hard AND I'm also interested in her sober journey. I don't necessarily like her personality, but I'm glad she's on the show this season and I'm interested to see what she will bring to the mix.

Count me in as someone who enjoyed the heck out of that scene of Emily and Gina. It looked like they were genuinely having fun!

They did seem like they were genuinely having fun. I think there was just a shadow cast over the scene for me because Gina was so awful to Emily last year and, in typical Emily fashion, she seems so desperate for love that she has pretty much glazed right over it. Emily makes me uncomfortable because she's someone who talks a strong game behind people's backs, or she'll be very assertive on Twitter, but then she backs down in face-to-face confrontation, whether it's her friends or Shane. I'd enjoy her so much more if she were able to bring that spice to all of her interactions.

I don't assume her business venture will fail (I'm often shocked by how well some of the Housewives seems to do with their product lines), but I'm absolutely cringing for her that it's self-financed with her personal money. That seems like such a huge risk. But, then, as an entrepreneur myself, I'm a huge believer in the notion that you don't spend money on a business until you're making money in a business. This is one of the things I do admire about Vicki - she truly built her insurance business from the ground up - it started in her humble home office and expanded when it was actually financially prudent for her to expand. Couldn't Shannon find investors...?

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I see it as a money suck because it is just another skin care product, the market is saturated with them from just the HW's alone!  I had posted earlier about her food line and that she should concentrate on that, new foods, desserts, some aspect because it was a success and there are more marketing opportunities with that than skin care (especially thru the pandemic and how many people are gaining weight) along with all the food delivery services that you cook yourself.  She could make a Blue Apron sort of thing, anything other than a high end bottle of lemon juice for your face.

I wish I had all the money these HW's have put in to products that went nowhere.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I see it as a money suck because it is just another skin care product, the market is saturated with them from just the HW's alone!  I had posted earlier about her food line and that she should concentrate on that, new foods, desserts, some aspect because it was a success and there are more marketing opportunities with that than skin care (especially thru the pandemic and how many people are gaining weight) along with all the food delivery services that you cook yourself.  She could make a Blue Apron sort of thing, anything other than a high end bottle of lemon juice for your face.

I wish I had all the money these HW's have put in to products that went nowhere.

I keep thinking that there are vanity products that are geared for these reality stars to sink a tiny bit of $ into then promote on the show  like they've worked on it for YEARS.    

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 3

Ok...I can honestly say that all of these women got on my last nerve after this episode. 

Gina...didn't she have an alcohol problem last season that result in a DUI? That seemed to be a part of her storyline along with her marital problems. Now she's drinking shots and margaritas again? She's an obnoxious and belligerent drunk. Her weight gain is probably from drinking...cause it looks like she's starting to hit the sauce pretty hard again. You'd think she would have some empathy for someone struggling with the same issue she has. And what's with her hair? What a mess of extensions and lord knows what else. 

Emily...she is officially the shit stirrer this season. Blabbering stuff to get a rise out of people and then sitting there with a shit eating grin. I get the feeling that Emily, Kelly and Gina are the new tres amigas. They all are certainly feeling their oats and they seem to want to put Shannon in her place and make her pay. Emily spent the last few seasons crying a lot and comlpaining about people picking on her...now she seems to be the aggressor in a passive/aggressive sort of way.

Braunwyn... don't think that she is faking this. She does have an alcohol problem...whether it's full blown alcoholism or not, I can't say. I do think she needs to see a therapist and get in a program. She needs a lot of therapy. Her abandonment issues due to her mother's careless and soulless parenting or non parenting would be enough to make anyone depressed and use substances to self medicate. Clearly, she is in a downslide and needs professional help. Being on this show isn't helpful. It makes marriages crumble and bad behavior is out on display for all the world to see. The new tres amigas are coming for her...

Kelly...I just don't like her...never did. She's brash, cruel, says nasty things then cries and wants forgiveness and then does it again. She's feeling some sense of power now that Tamra and Vicki are gone so she will be  force to contend with. As we've seen many times, she can be extremely vindictive and destructive. Watch out everyone. Oh and I must mention her cosmetic work...if she plumps those lips out anymore she will look like a trout mouth.The lips, the eye lifts, the fillers...just stop already. She's going to look like Gloria Swanson in Sunset Boulevard in a few years if she doesn't lay off the cosmetic work.

Shannon...I wish she had stepped away from doing this show. I'm tired of her.

New woman...forgot her name. Meh...

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 10/22/2020 at 4:17 PM, JenniferTeach said:

I'd like to know what neighborhood in Newport Kelly, Shannon and Kelly moved to.

It looks like Balboa Island to me-- I am trying to figure it out too...

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Shannon has had the same 2 meals, veggie burgers and seafood dinners on QVC  for over a year. I don't think that has has been back on QVC in quite a while. The 2 meals that are left have been reduced in price. When she first brought them to QVC they worked out to be around $13 per meal. When people realized that they were spending $52 to feed a family of 4 frozen fish TV dinners people quit buying. All of these meals in some fashion you can purchased at the grocery store for a whole less money. Lots of the reviews were not so good. It's one thing to come up with something new and innovative and a product that has buyers ready and waiting but packaged low fat and healthy frozen dinners are not scarce. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 10/22/2020 at 1:30 AM, FancyNancy said:

Gina wanted Braunwyn to come to her when she heard the things Tamra told her, yet Gina went straight to Emily with her Tamformation. 

why isn’t Gina getting spousal or child support? 

Someone might have answered this down tread, but Matt lost his job after Gina had him arrested for domestic violence.  He'll probably do a little jail time behind it, since Gina did have some minor injuries.  The authorities take that shit pretty seriously here after OJ/Nicole.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 4
On 10/22/2020 at 1:51 PM, CrinkleCutCat said:

That late night text from Brownwind’s husband was definitely a ‘sending out feelers’ text!
Why make a point to mention that Browny was now asleep? It seemed innocent enough, but could have been read a different way. He was sussing out Gina and waiting on her reply. From his perspective... who knows what could have happened? 🤷‍♀️

When Gina showed the actual text, it was pretty obvious to me that Sean was putting out the bait by mentioning the wife is asleep.  Not buying that it was just a friendly gesture making sure Gina got home all right.  He was looking to score -- no doubt in my mind.

• Love 10
On 10/22/2020 at 4:17 PM, JenniferTeach said:

First time poster, but long time Real Housewives watcher!  I live in Newport and I think this season is going to be good for one reason - most of these ladies are living (way) above their means and that always makes for an interesting watch!  

Let's talk about the new girl - I'll call her "The Exaggerator" :  In her first episode she says (repeatedly) she was married to a Billionaire, Bernt Bodal.  A quick google search will tell you he's worth about $200M, he's rich but no billionaire.  She says that she was tired of being a Billionaire's wife (she cried on the couch for 3 yrs and he now has a child w/another woman) um, okay something isn't adding up.  Sounds like she got dumped but got the beach house in the divorce.  Kelly says she owns mansions and private jets, not so fast.  The beach house sold for $4M last (that's expensive) but its not $6-$7M.  This girl is so full of it.  Just sayin'  Don't even get me started on her fake music business.  Maybe she'll figure out the dog rescue and be the entrepreneur she's always wanted to be.  And maybe tuck in the girlies, it's a bit much how they're always showing. 

Braunwyn, Brauwyn, Braunwyn is so hard to believe.  She did drink a lot last year but "My name is Braunwyn and I'm an alcoholic" was a lot on the first episode.  If so, I wish her the very best.  What's even harder to believe is her renting a 8,000 sq foot house that looks styled out to the hilt.  She really is playing up "I'm a rich b**ch" this season.  We'll see how long until she downgrades.  Her husband seems very bi-sexual so that is probably confusing their relationship.  She is going to be really annoying this season.  I just hope they are done having kids.  

Shannon seems happy and is doing much better- I'm puling for her she's been through a lot.  

Kelly overstating her sex life is cringe... her husband is selling his $800k one bedroom apt in New York and she is renting a house for $5k.  So when she said on the reunion that she's flying around in private jets & made it sounds like her new guy is loaded is interesting.  

Gina is boring so I'll skip her for now (I fast forward her scenes).

I'd like to know what neighborhood in Newport Kelly, Shannon and Kelly moved to.  Hard to tell from the videos - Dover Shores, Cliff Haven maybe?  I don't think it's Crystal Cove.  Any locals know or want to take a guess?  

Looked a lot like Balboa to me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

In the photo of the two products, they both say "dietary supplement" on the label.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/22/2020 at 4:51 PM, CrinkleCutCat said:

That late night text from Brownwind’s husband was definitely a ‘sending out feelers’ text!
Why make a point to mention that Browny was now asleep? It seemed innocent enough, but could have been read a different way. He was sussing out Gina and waiting on her reply. From his perspective... who knows what could have happened? 🤷‍♀️

9 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

When Gina showed the actual text, it was pretty obvious to me that Sean was putting out the bait by mentioning the wife is asleep.  Not buying that it was just a friendly gesture making sure Gina got home all right.  He was looking to score -- no doubt in my mind.

When B asked Sean why he enabled her, he said maybe he got “caught up in it” - wonder if he meant he got caught up in what he could do because of it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 10/23/2020 at 9:20 PM, Steph J said:

I think it's a case of it's not what Gina said about him, but how she said it. Because the joke is basically "Hey, look, isn't Sean a creep?"

Oh I totally agree that Gina was throwing shade, and I can see why Brawny is annoyed, but why *so* upset? She seems disproportionately bent out of shape. She could have just brought it up to Gina, made a joke to diffuse it, and they both would have moved on. But I guess the show needs plotlines 

On 10/22/2020 at 1:48 PM, Mar said:

1D09374A-AEA6-4EEA-88D1-ABF65B682BFC.thumb.jpeg.b1a253370194d90e93fcd8255174c592.jpeg

A dietary supplement - especially one with lemons - is right in Shannon’s lane. Probably a lot cheaper just to squeeze a lemon in your water - but this might sell to Shannon fans.

(She remembered to use NINE lemons on the label!)

Edited by nexxie
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Has any woman on RHOOC ever had a healthy, loving relationship with her mom? (Maybe Heather Dubrow? I can’t remember if we ever saw her mom...) I feel like some grad student could have a field day writing a dissertation on the psychological makeup of the women who participate on this show. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ladle said:

Has any woman on RHOOC ever had a healthy, loving relationship with her mom? (Maybe Heather Dubrow? I can’t remember if we ever saw her mom...) I feel like some grad student could have a field day writing a dissertation on the psychological makeup of the women who participate on this show. 

I’ve always thought Bravo uses a psychologist or psychiatrist to help their casting agent find people with issues - alcoholism, narcissism, etc. - because they’re sure to bring the drama. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, ladle said:

Oh I totally agree that Gina was throwing shade, and I can see why Brawny is annoyed, but why *so* upset? 

Probably because her emotions are at a 15 on a 10 scale because she's just given up drinking.

Edited by Steph J
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I guess I did not pay attention...dietary supplement is sooo much better, right?  

When I think of paragons of health Shannon Beador does not come to mind.  She's a hypochondriac who falls for every woo-woo scam.  So sure, I'll shell out cash for her lemon water.  🙄

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, ladle said:

Has any woman on RHOOC ever had a healthy, loving relationship with her mom? (Maybe Heather Dubrow? I can’t remember if we ever saw her mom...)

We saw Heather’s parents in Puerto Vallarta, when Tamra was having her bachelorette party.  Heather threw Tamra some kind of bridal shower and Heather’s parents were there, because they live there half the year, and I think Vicki was bored.

Heather also said that her mom told her to have premarital sex to make sure the guy doesn’t suck in bed before you marry him, and to be careful who you date, because you could fall in love with anyone.  Heather said her parents were the most WASP-y Jews ever.

And I have no justification for remembering this, other than I am so interested in where they came as a partial explanation as to why they are the way they are now. But...I think I need to get a life.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, ladle said:

I think Gina has a good relationship with her mom. I vaguely remember her being on last year and she seemed normal too..I think lol.

• Love 5
On 10/24/2020 at 3:04 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

Braunwyn... don't think that she is faking this. She does have an alcohol problem...whether it's full blown alcoholism or not, I can't say. I do think she needs to see a therapist and get in a program. She needs a lot of therapy. Her abandonment issues due to her mother's careless and soulless parenting or non parenting would be enough to make anyone depressed and use substances to self medicate. Clearly, she is in a downslide and needs professional help. Being on this show isn't helpful. It makes marriages crumble and bad behavior is out on display for all the world to see. The new tres amigas are coming for her...

I think that she thought she was faking this and we are watching her come to the realization that she is not faking this.

I think that she decided on this as a strategy to deal with her mother's threats and its much harder to give up the alcohol than she thought it would be and its dawning on her that maybe she does have a problem.

I got the feeling a couple times that she was really regretting telling the HWs on camera that she  thinks she is an alcoholic because now she's got peer pressure to continue and is worrying that she is going to fail to stay sober in a way that it becomes the big negative storyline she was trying to avoid in the first place.  She also said at least once that she was able to stop drinking when pregnant so I think she thought this would be easier than it is.  Just not drinking while filming.  No big deal.  But she is struggling.  

I don't think that she has any support at all for getting sober.  It sounds like her husband and friends party pretty hard between the story about Sean staying to party with Steven Tyler when she got news of her father dying and Braunwyn worrying about her friends dropping her because she's getting sober.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

It sounds like her husband and friends party pretty hard between the story about Sean staying to party with Steven Tyler when she got news of her father dying and Braunwyn worrying about her friends dropping her because she's getting sober.

I might be remembering this incorrectly, but wasn't it the new HW that said her husband partied with Steven Tyler?  Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I might be remembering this incorrectly, but wasn't it the new HW that said her husband partied with Steven Tyler?  Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

I will go with your memory over mine. I'm not that sure.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Yeah, it was the new Housewife telling that story

• Love 2
On 10/25/2020 at 8:01 AM, nexxie said:

When B asked Sean why he enabled her, he said maybe he got “caught up in it” - wonder if he meant he got caught up in what he could do because of it. 

He doesn't care and she is realizing it.

• Useful 2
16 hours ago, ChitChat said:

You are right...the new HW's ex stayed on his yacht to party with Steven Tyler and some other rock star. If she was honest she would just admit that she married him for his money. Doesn't seem to me she's too broken up about her marriage being over. I think she's pissed off and hurt about him cheating on her and impregnating another woman more than the marriage ending. She came out OK...at least financially she did.

• Love 1