Type keyword(s) to search

I Love A Mama’s Boy - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Is Matt even upset Kim is leaving? It seems the only thing he’s upset about is his mom will be mad.

Everything Matt does traces back to his mother. He's incapable of independent thought and it's really pathetic. He also lacks such self-awareness to understand his relationship with his mom is inappropriate. Making you live on her property, really? You also agree to have a guest house for your mom who lives 30 feet away.

Every time he says to Kim that she’s being selfish, I want to slap his mouth. I mean, how is she selfish when she agreed to move into his parents house AND have a house built on their property AND live there after getting married????!!!

If you bring your mom and kids on your honeymoon, it’s not a honeymoon anymore. It’s just a regular ass family vacation, dude.

I just can’t with Jayne. It’s absolutely beyond creepy that she’s thinking of this trip as being on a honeymoon with her son. The way she manipulated her son to bringing her on his honeymoon was wrong. You walk in on your son and his wife making out and you STILL jump in? That’s pretty selfish and inappropriate.

Of course, Mike ran home to mommy. Can't deal with conflict like an adult when you're an overgrown, dependent child. Blows my mind Steph is still with him after that. That would make me break up with someone on the spot, especially knowing he probably cried to Mommy about their problems after having major privacy issues. Unforgivable.

It’s funny that Shekeb can call Emily a twelve year old when his mother has literally fed him as an adult.

Edited by Hotel Snarker
“Her” is Emily
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

This crap from Matt's mom would be the final straw with the coach house cum apartment. "Executive decision maker" or whatever needs to quit. Kim needs to lay down an ultimatum. "If you want me to live here on your property, I get to decide the decor. There will be no mommy guest room, bathroom, or overnights. Otherwise, I'm taking your infant and moving to a home that's completely my own." Because they *are* there at mommy's insistence. They once had their own home far away. I don't believe they went broke or anything. Time to take back whatever life you have.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, renatae said:

This crap from Matt's mom would be the final straw with the coach house cum apartment. "Executive decision maker" or whatever needs to quit. Kim needs to lay down an ultimatum. "If you want me to live here on your property, I get to decide the decor. There will be no mommy guest room, bathroom, or overnights. Otherwise, I'm taking your infant and moving to a home that's completely my own." Because they *are* there at mommy's insistence. They once had their own home far away. I don't believe they went broke or anything. Time to take back whatever life you have.

Kelly has zero respect for Kim and it's really hard to watch. She indeed is an asshole! She can't wait for Kim to leave so she can have total control (she even said it!). And Matt is a jerk for letting his mommy walk all over him.

• Love 8

Kelly and Matt get more and more insufferable with every episode. Matt is absolutely spineless. The way he laughs at everything Kelly does makes him look more stupid. IDK how Kim is still with him.

It’s annoying me that Mike keeps saying he’s only 27. That’s not too young to get engaged. He’s pushing 30, he didn’t just graduate from high school. He needs to end it with her and let her find someone who will treat her right.

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Kelly and Matt get more and more insufferable with every episode. Matt is absolutely spineless. The way he laughs at everything Kelly does makes him look more stupid. IDK how Kim is still with him.

It’s annoying me that Mike keeps saying he’s only 27. That’s not too young to get engaged. He’s pushing 30, he didn’t just graduate from high school. He needs to end it with her and let her find someone who will treat her right.

That gold eagle faucet was grotesque!  Executive decisionmaking capacity, my foot.

My husband and I were married when I was 25 and he was 27.  That was 41 years ago.  We had been together for several years at that point, but we had waited till he finished graduate school.  We at least had a commitment.  She should leave and meet someone else. 

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 5
On 10/4/2021 at 9:41 AM, Hotel Snarker said:

Kelly has zero respect for Kim and it's really hard to watch.

Does she have respect for ANYONE but herself???  My only enjoyment is watching her face and hair deteriorate...like "The Picture of Dorian Gray,"  ... the actual picture.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

OMG! This show was almost painful with the humiliation-poor Kim. Once again, RUN to Texas, Missy-that scene in the vineyard was OTT. Sissy boy and Mom feeding each other? He buys her some Elfen necklace and gives her a symbolic key to the not yet finished house? And gives his GF a fucking mug??? You know it's bad when strangers notice the incestuous vibes going on. Go to California, Steph- you will at least have a chance at happiness there. And gambling mom is so selfish-the GF should have just stayed home since Momma won't let sonny boy answer his phone. Too bad she couldn't find somewhere to hang out and chat with people-no shortage of those in Vegas. Lastly, Emily spilling the tea to Shakebs friends was pretty funny- I knew he wouldn't approve of that. Then "promise ring"? I haven't heard of those since high school and that was many moons ago. Everything the jeweler showed them was "too much for Emily" like she's not worth even a small nicer ring instead of the ugly band they ended up getting for her. Let's face it, Emily NOTHING will ever be good enough for this evil Mom. Get away and start over somewhere else with a real guy who will stand up for you!

• Love 10
23 hours ago, Maisiesmom said:

OMG! This show was almost painful with the humiliation-poor Kim. Once again, RUN to Texas, Missy-that scene in the vineyard was OTT. Sissy boy and Mom feeding each other? He buys her some Elfen necklace and gives her a symbolic key to the not yet finished house? And gives his GF a fucking mug??? You know it's bad when strangers notice the incestuous vibes going on. Go to California, Steph- you will at least have a chance at happiness there. And gambling mom is so selfish-the GF should have just stayed home since Momma won't let sonny boy answer his phone. Too bad she couldn't find somewhere to hang out and chat with people-no shortage of those in Vegas. Lastly, Emily spilling the tea to Shakebs friends was pretty funny- I knew he wouldn't approve of that. Then "promise ring"? I haven't heard of those since high school and that was many moons ago. Everything the jeweler showed them was "too much for Emily" like she's not worth even a small nicer ring instead of the ugly band they ended up getting for her. Let's face it, Emily NOTHING will ever be good enough for this evil Mom. Get away and start over somewhere else with a real guy who will stand up for you!

That "promise" ring actually looked like an anniversary band!

• Love 3

Kelly doesn't like Kim coming along on Mother's Day, yet sees no problem inserting herself into the other 364 days of Matt's life with Kim.

When Matt said “If I was with her & her mom I wouldn’t expect to be the star of the show either”. Well, you did tell her it was her day, too. That makes me feel like Matt tacked on the idea of it being “Kim’s send off” so he could get out of doing anything special for her.

When he whipped out the giant key it really felt like he was rubbing it in Kim’s face. If the explosive preview we saw is in any way what it seems to be, I’m not surprised.

And Steph…I’ve never seen that girl so full of joy as she was in LA. I sincerely hope we see her ditch that man baby. Bonus points if Liz seeks the psychological help she so badly needs.

Tia’s boyfriend not answering her phone would have me packing my bag and going to another hotel to enjoy my own trip. Every time he would call I wouldn't answer at all.

• Love 9
On 10/12/2021 at 12:22 PM, Maisiesmom said:

Let's face it, Emily NOTHING will ever be good enough for this evil Mom. Get away and start over somewhere else with a real guy who will stand up for you!

I feel that Emily will WALK only after this couple's TLC contract has ended.  Don't know why producers think ANY of it is believable.

• Love 4
On 10/14/2021 at 3:34 PM, Maisiesmom said:

Whatever happened to the red-faced mom who wanted sonny boy in a red tux so they could dance the tango? Was their story ever resolved?

I asked this a while back too. It appears they’re just gone. 

• Love 3

Are Matt and Kelly in an incestuous relationship? If not they certainly make you think they are. What a joke of a mother/son relationship. I raised my son alone for over 20 years and we are close but not like these two. 

• Love 1

OK-just watched this shit-show. Run to Texas, Kim as fast as you can! What the hell was up with that "party" other than Kelly finally getting pussy boy all to herself? And that harp thing? WTF? And Steph-pack up and go to LA-sissy boy can't bear the thought of leaving Mommie behind, so go live your life! Tia, you need to get that "man" gone in a hurry before his mom moves in and takes over everything. And I hope they find Jayne some kind of person to spend some time with-just get her liquored up and turn her loose at the nearest geezer bar-they live in Florida so it should'nt be too hard. Of course it may be hard to find an older guy willing to listen to her rattle on about her angel boy but just keep the booze flowing and maybe she will get laid and shut up.  At least 2 of the gals got  away-wonder what will happen with the others.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, the-grey-lady said:

Um, Stephanie? I really suggest you stop worrying about whether Mike will propose and start thinking about whether you actually want to spend your life with this feckless coward...

DITTO!    And, you're not a worthy opponent of his Mommy.  She has been worrying about and practicing to Destroy All Girlfriends since her Baby Boy was six or seven.  RUN, Stephanie, RUN.   WEST!!

• Love 12

I see why they decided to call this show “Im in love with a Mamas boy.”

”I’m in love with an immature, selfish, indecisive, man-child who won’t grow up and get off his Mom’s tit.” That doesn’t really roll off the tongue easily!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

I was surprised Kelly threw Kim any kind of party but it was probably out of joy for having her son to herself again.

The gall of Matt to say that Kim is putting him second and he's always put her first. He's never once put Kim above his mom. Him and mommy are inseparable, and they constantly make jokes at Kim's expense. Kim deserves so much more.

Mike willingly bends to his mother's pressure, but loses his mind when he feels Stephanie is "pressuring" him. He's totally running off to his mother's house.

• Love 8
On 10/20/2021 at 2:39 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

Mike willingly bends to his mother's pressure, but loses his mind when he feels Stephanie is "pressuring" him. He's totally running off to his mother's house.

DELETED... I was writing about Kelly and Kim...and THIS (above) is about Stephanie and Mike...or Liz.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 3

Shekeb's mom is no slouch at being devious - she knows no self-respecting woman is going to settle for a teenager's promise ring instead of an engagement ring. And she's planting herself on the premises to revel in the moment when Emily fails her "test." Shekeb makes no bones about the fact this is a promise ring, not an engagement ring when she sees it. And to boot, he spent a penurious amount on it. Is he really that stupid?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
41 minutes ago, renatae said:

Shekeb's mom is no slouch at being devious - she knows no self-respecting woman is going to settle for a teenager's promise ring instead of an engagement ring. And she's planting herself on the premises to revel in the moment when Emily fails her "test." Shekeb makes no bones about the fact this is a promise ring, not an engagement ring when she sees it. And to boot, he spent a penurious amount on it. Is he really that stupid?

Well, that was a s//t show, but to be expected.  Not only was it ridiculous to have Laila waiting nearby to horn in, but it was the cheesiest set up I've ever seen.  Emily's still too much, though. She thought he should whisk her to a private island? 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, ethalfrida said:

Too bad Emily is proving Laila’s point. 

It's really suspicious to me that we saw no even microscopic traces of this gold digger temperament in Season 1. It feels very cooked up to me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, GussieK said:

Not only was it ridiculous to have Laila waiting nearby to horn in, but it was the cheesiest set up I've ever seen. 

Don't blame Emily.  Your comment above explains the PRODUCERS' lame set-up below.

1 hour ago, GussieK said:

Emily's still too much, though. She thought he should whisk her to a private island? 

• Love 4

Watching Emily literally scream about the champagne pop, then spit out the strawberry on Shakeb, then  scream like she was being knifed when Laila threw the candy on her head was so cringe inducing.  Either she's acting or she is a REALLY weird girl.  I think it's acting, because like others have said, we didn't see this side of her last season and now it's so over the top weirdness.  

• Love 14
5 hours ago, magemaud said:

I was waiting for Potato Faced Emily to chip a tooth when she chomped down on the strawberry containing her “Promise ring”  

You know Leila was hoping Emily would choke to death on that ring! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

Watching Emily literally scream about the champagne pop,

Was the scream because of the POP or the cork that (supposedly) barely missed her eye?

then spit out the strawberry on Shakeb,

If I'm already startled by a projectile traveling toward my face..and then bite into something large and METALLIC in a strawberry ...I might expectorate without control.  Splattering Shakeb would be merely a lucky break.

scream like she was being knifed when Laila threw the candy on her head

• Someone tried to hit me in the eye. HARD!
  • Someone tried to break my teeth with a strawberry
  • THEN I'm hit on the head with lots of hard objects from above...

Seems like an all out assault to me.  I'm not a screamer, but I just might in those cases....

Emily is being paid by TLC and "just following orders."

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

These sadsack women need to stop seeing an engagement ring as some sort of Holy Grail. A dude buying you a piece of jewelry does NOT mean he'll automatically start treating you decently!

Yes ×1000. These women must all suffer from low self esteem to allow these baby men and their pathetic apron-string mothers to control their lives and relationships. Everyone on this shitshow should seek therapy to explore healthy roles and boundaries in relationships.

• Love 9

I’m kind of rooting for Stephanie and Mike.  Of all of them, they seem to really love each other but are struggling with other stuff.  Last nite, even Mike’s mom (tearfully) admitted she couldn’t stop him if he wants to go to L.A.  He seems to really want to be with Stephanie but Mama is not letting go of the apron strings.  I hope they make it.  Shekeb and Emily, all pretty scripted.  The “romantic picnic” was pretty awful.  Laila’s iron grip on her spineless son is forever, I’m afraid.  Even Matt and apathetic Kim are just drifiting along here; at least Kim had the incentive to get out for a while.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, maxmama said:

I’m kind of rooting for Stephanie and Mike.  Of all of them, they seem to really love each other but are struggling with other stuff.  Last nite, even Mike’s mom (tearfully) admitted she couldn’t stop him if he wants to go to L.A.  He seems to really want to be with Stephanie but Mama is not letting go of the apron strings.  I hope they make it.  Shekeb and Emily, all pretty scripted.  The “romantic picnic” was pretty awful.  Laila’s iron grip on her spineless son is forever, I’m afraid.  Even Matt and apathetic Kim are just drifiting along here; at least Kim had the incentive to get out for a while.

I was so glad Stephanie gathered her pride and left for LA.  I also kind of hope he follows and they work it out.  Is he an only child?  Mama seems to have nothing/nobody else to focus on?

• Love 9
On 10/19/2021 at 10:13 AM, the-grey-lady said:

Um, Stephanie? I really suggest you stop worrying about whether Mike will propose and start thinking about whether you actually want to spend your life with this feckless coward...

• Is the story that Mike was "traumatized" by his mother's divorce?
  • Was she a widow first...when Mike was a young kid?
  • How many times has she been married?
  • Which divorce was The Traumatizer?
  • Is she "between husbands" now and Mike must take on the responsibilities?
  • Love 8
On 10/7/2021 at 11:33 AM, Back Atcha said:

Does she have respect for ANYONE but herself???  My only enjoyment is watching her face and hair deteriorate...like "The Picture of Dorian Gray,"  ... the actual picture.

In Kelly’s talking heads she’s looking more psychotic & insane Her eyes are terrifying 🥺

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

OMG what a shit show!! Obviously these boys have truly been let down by their mommies-most parents try to raise their children to be self-sufficient, right? Teach them how to make decisions and take on responsibility? These pathetic babies can't make any decisions without their precious mommies to make their decisions for them and hold their hand thru the whole process. It's disgusting! At least Kim and Steph got away-And I think Emily should be next. That "picnic" was SO lame-the funniest part was when Emily spit the strawberry and part of it went in Shekebs carefully coiffed hair. And why was mommie hiding behind a tree-she reminded me of a witch waiting for some delicious children to come by so she could eat them.  So now Matt is missing Kim waaaa and Mike is missing Steph waaaaa and Shekeb is missing Emily waaaaaa .Just what their mommies wanted! And as I said before, Looking at you-Kelly- the salons are open-get your fright wig done!

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, Maisiesmom said:

And as I said before, Looking at you-Kelly- the salons are open-get your fright wig done!

It's almost enjoyable--ALMOST to watch Kelly and try to believe that she actually thinks she's all that:

• A wealthy landowner
  • A loving and devoted mother (who's not mentally ill)
  • Beautiful and fashionable
  • The Best Mommy Ever
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
36 minutes ago, GussieK said:

What about the new family?  The mom wants to move in! 

I feel like that guy doesn't give a crap about his girlfriend.  He doesn't even TRY to make her happy.  I think it was her daughter that told her she deserves better and shouldn't settle.  I agree!  She needs to move on.  Too old to be wasting time on that man-child. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, greeneyedscorpio said:
2 hours ago, GussieK said:

What about the new family?  The mom wants to move in! 

I feel like that guy doesn't give a crap about his girlfriend.  He doesn't even TRY to make her happy.  I think it was her daughter that told her she deserves better and shouldn't settle.  I agree!  She needs to move on.  Too old to be wasting time on that man-child. 

And why SHOULD he?  Is he suffering at all?  In any way?  Looks like he has it made.  He has a built-in housekeeper/cook/bed buddy.  He has all his preferred entertainment with Mamma.   Girfrend needs to move on NOW!  But make it a surprise!

• Love 7