Type keyword(s) to search

I Love A Mama’s Boy - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 8/15/2021 at 6:30 PM, Rebky said:

I just saw the ad for the new season. Sunday, August 29th, 9 pm central. Let the craziness begin.

Yes, bring back the show that makes me feel better about my life choices and being single!

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
On 11/16/2020 at 8:40 PM, jacksgirl said:

Wish more people would watch this shitshow so I could enjoy this forum. I hate everyone. The mothers are overbearing and are way creepy in their relationships. The sons are weak. The girlfriends are doomed to a life where they will always be #2 and should all walk away. 

We'll be back tonight!

• Love 5

I'm watching (enduring) the reruns and I think what bothers me the most is not the men but the women who put up with this crap!!! It would be a cold day in hell that I would stay in such a relationship.  We would have to move hundreds (thousands, preferably) of miles away for it to work. I cannot stand insane, controlling people. My significant other giving in to a parent like these on this show would mean automatic disrespect from me, so a definite no go.

• Love 9

I really did not like the fact that Tracy had her baby posing for a photo inside the clothes dryer?? So creepy…

Shekeb “just washed his hands” then holds, pets and kisses his bird while eating…ugh.

Kelly’s poem…about “a flower”…sure.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I absolutely do. Ot understand the women that stay in these relationships. What does that say about them that they put up with these overbearing mothers and man babies? Mom on the honeymoon? Letting Mommy build you a house in the garage? HELL NO!!! I would run from these momma’s boys!

• Love 16
2 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Shekeb allows his mother to treat Emily like trash then calls her emotional when she cries after being bullied. He is gaslighting trash and his mother has zero integrity and is such a bitch. They deserve each other. 

You only get to play that "holding on to the past" card when you've HONESTLY apologized and are trying to do better and the other person keeps dredging it up. It doesn't work for "I can do whatever I want and if you don't like it, we'll blame you for wanting me held accountable".

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

Shekeb and his psycho mom trying to lay the blame on Emily for Lyla's poor treatment of her. She's just supposed to suck it up and sweep it under the rug. Classic narcissistic crap.

Bryan's mom doesn't seem too awful, but he's a clueless jerk for inviting his mom on the honeymoon, and she's a jerk for accepting.

I don't know why I watch this show. I risk an aneurysm every time over these idiotic man boys and their ridiculous choices. I think beside Lyla, the mom building the house on her property, Kelly, is the next most sneaky and toxic.

Ladies, leave these losers before I suffer a coronary event.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, renatae said:

Ladies, leave these losers before I suffer a coronary event.

But what about all our extra income from TV and special appearances?  What about the celebritiness?  We're stars now and we can't disappoint our fans.

Signed, Mommy and Boy

5 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

He is gaslighting trash and his mother has zero integrity and is such a bitch.

He is gaslighting trash and his UGLY mother has zero integrity and is such a GROTESQUE bitch.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

Shakebs mom doesnt want to bring up the past. If it fit her wants or needs to bitch you bet she would be bringing up thing about Emily in a heart beat. 

And Shakeb making excuses for Emily like saying she is a bit grumpy. He would not be able to say that if I were in Emilys shoes because I would have already clocked him, big time.

** Disclaimer I do not condone domestic abuse and violence

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
(edited)

I agree with posters above saying how these women should run for the hills and dump these mama boys.

I also wonder if a) these guys have friends and b) these mom's have friends. Their friends would be laughing their asses off and belittling them for acting this close.  

I would love these guys to bring home one of those women from Love after Lockup - you know what kind of gal and then the moms can learn their lesson.

This is my hate watch show.

Edited by greekmom
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

Like driving by a train wreck, I cannot look away from this show,, but boy is it infuriating!! It was so cringy last year I doubted they would be back with a season 2 and yet here they are and I have my popcorn ready.

And BTW Matt is SO gay.

• Love 12

It's really interesting doing this for season 2...I feel like everyone is on notice b/c they've seen this trash, so I can only "oh, girl...what IS you doin'?" Because Shakeb and Layla are gaslighting, weird assholes who are already worse than last season, but Emily should have known.  She shouldn't trust this damn fool.  That bird toy is essentially the fake gold earrings all over again.  And yet here she is.  Sometimes, I look at these men and think "you must have a diamond tipped dick, but I'll never understand how after 5 mins a woman with sense doesn't kick you out the door". 

Like many of you, I WISH some fool would treat me the way Shakeb and Layla treat Emily. B/c those two haven't met something who is willing to stand up, and I am NOT the one.  Husband TriniNisa would never. 

I am fascinated that in the first episode you can easily pinpoint some of the trauma.  Bryan - Father abandonment issues + scare at a vunerable age that he would lose his entire world and only caretaker.  His mama isn't as sneaky or as mustache twirling as Layla or Kelly, but she seems perfectly fine keeping her queen bee status untarnished.  You can tell the bride has determined she is going to live and die by the money pit - she has spent her youth with this man, who seems pretty decent in most ways, and she is going to get her return on investment, which is in this circumstance is a ring. 

Oh, Matt.  Come on now...we just want you happy with your identity.  Do that, and save us all some trouble.

• Love 14

she takes care of your kids with no fuss .. girl pay someone if you want them to clock out when you get home... this family seems more "normal" then the other whack jobs 

Edit: I think its the son who is more attached then his mother with this one ... the inviting her to the honeymoon was super weird and it was HIS idea 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
22 hours ago, renatae said:

Bryan's mom doesn't seem too awful,

Again ... Y E T !!

8 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

Oh, Matt.  Come on now...we just want you happy with your identity.  Do that, and save us all some trouble.

I agree 101%, but Momma wouldn't like that. Momma holds the purse strings, and the keys to the house, cars, and the office.  Nope...Matt has to remain incognito for so many reasons (including his celebrity status).

• Love 8

Just checked this out-ladies all I can say is run away! Do not stop until you are far away from these sissy boys and their evil controlling mothers! I don't care what a great lay they may be, how much $$ they have or how cute they are. You will never be #1 with them-Mama already has that locked down. I can't fathom how any woman with any self-respect would allow this kind of treatment, especially from a man who says he loves her. Get away and find a man, not a boy.

• Love 9

Matt’s gay and we all know that right?

I have no idea why Matt and Kim think that building a “house” literally 10 feet from Kelly’s house is going to be some bastion of privacy and freedom.

Kelly is doing everything on purpose. Get a life, Kelly.

No idea why Emily would get back together with Shekeb when it seems he hasn’t changed in the slightest. He is legit the worst. Such a gaslighter. Should have stuck to that until he changed and find someone new if he didn’t.

Abusers don’t like talking about the past. News at 11.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Matt’s gay and we all know that right?

I think Kelly may not know it; otherwise...yes, we do!

4 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Kelly is doing everything on purpose. Get a life, Kelly.

Hasn't Kelly been on a previous reality show?  Getting, being, staying on one is probably her "purpose."  I bet she wouldn't be so sweet on Matt if she were told some popular wants HER but not her Baby Boy.

• Love 3
On 9/2/2021 at 3:23 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

I mean Matt is having sex with her so at most he would be Bi.

IS Matt having sex with her?  He wouldn't have to be "bi," he could be taking one for the team (Mommy NEEDS to be on TV).

• Love 3
On 8/30/2021 at 12:08 PM, greekmom said:

I agree with posters above saying how these women should run for the hills and dump these mama boys.

I also wonder if a) these guys have friends and b) these mom's have friends. Their friends would be laughing their asses off and belittling them for acting this close.  

The new episode showed Shekeb interacting with a friend from the same background with the same mom issues!  So no help at all!

6 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

IS Matt having sex with her?  He wouldn't have to be "bi," he could be taking one for the team (Mommy NEEDS to be on TV).

I don't want to speculate on that ... I wouldn't want someone doing the same to me and I'm sure you wouldn't either ....As long as they are both happy and still together does it matter to anyone else?

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:
13 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I don't want to speculate on that ... I wouldn't want someone doing the same to me and I'm sure you wouldn't either ....As long as they are both happy and still together does it matter to anyone else?

KeyWestClubKid ... I'm happy to have people speculate on my sexual preference, activity, lifestyle, appearance, anything.  This is forum started out as a place to gripe, complain, ridicule, chastise, etc. those who CHOOSE to be "Reality TV celebrities."   It was called "Television Without Pity," and so much fun.  Speculate!

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 2
On 9/1/2021 at 10:32 PM, Back Atcha said:

I think Kelly may not know it; otherwise...yes, we do!

Hasn't Kelly been on a previous reality show?  Getting, being, staying on one is probably her "purpose."  I bet she wouldn't be so sweet on Matt if she were told some popular wants HER but not her Baby Boy.

I don’t think so. I never recognized Kelly from another reality show. Did you see her on another reality show?

3 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

I don’t think so. I never recognized Kelly from another reality show. Did you see her on another reality show?

42 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

Kelly doesn't have anything on IMDB except this show, for what it's worth.

I know; I looked at IMDb and other places, couldn't find a thing.

• Love 1

OK-once again ladies-RUN! Don't some of these moms have husbands? Where are they? No, mommy you can't go on my honeymoon with us. No, mommy you don't get to pick out my furniture. No, mommy I don't need a ride to the gym. No, mommy I don't want any sleepytime tea or tooth whitening. If these so-called "men" were actually men they would tell their precious mommies to back off! I hope the big TLC paycheck is worth it for these wives and girlfriends because theres no way I would put up with this bullshit.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

I forgot this started last week so just caught up. My big take away was that Kelly really looks rough. Like maybe she drank her way through the pandemic? Didn’t help her disposition either.

I thought that also.  The first season she was a fairly attractive woman, but this season she looks rode hard and put up wet...perhaps in the first season they had some makeup assistance for filming and now they don't (pandemic filming perhaps?).  However, her future daughter in law looks better (IMO) than she did the first season.

Laila is just not an attractive woman - inside or out.  I get the cultural thing, I get the mama's boy thing, but she seems to go out of her way to be unpleasant.  Wouldn't you hate to be her next door neighbor?  I would be afraid she would kill my cat if it went into her yard!

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, RoxiP said:

Laila is just not an attractive woman - inside or out.  I get the cultural thing, I get the mama's boy thing, but she seems to go out of her way to be unpleasant. 

And...although I consider these "reality" shows mostly scripted, Laila has GONE OUT OF HER WAY to create a horrible character.  I'd like to know more about Shekeb...other than his less than successful movie-acting career.  I see no appeal at all.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Maisiesmom said:

I hope the big TLC paycheck is worth it for these wives and girlfriends because theres no way I would put up with this bullshit.

I think, in the case of most reality shows...the participants are grasping at their final attempt to reach stardom.  Leave the girlfriends out of the picture: it's either Mommy or Baby Boy who wants a career in movies and/or TV.

On 8/30/2021 at 5:41 AM, Texasmom1970 said:

** Disclaimer I do not condone domestic abuse and violence

The TLC network makes us want to do things we'd never consider otherwise.  They should be required have an attorney on call...and a psychologist--to talk us down.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

And...although I consider these "reality" shows mostly scripted, Laila has GONE OUT OF HER WAY to create a horrible character.  I'd like to know more about Shekeb...other than his less than successful movie-acting career.  I see no appeal at all.

I'm South Asian, so we aren't the same culturally, but Shekeb 100% clocks for me as one of those trifling brown boys who thinks he's God's gift to the world all bc mommy didn't give him an ounce of reality, so he's the most handsome, most talented, most amazing man ever.  Why not gift his "talents" to the world?  I know the type.  I've met them...they tend to be exactly like him...either divorced young (in many cases bc he is hooked up with a girl from oversees coming thru for her green card and she runs the second she has it) or being a playboy will into his 30s (which is hilarious and sad to watch at gatherings).  Emily needs to run.  She's wasting her time to think this self centered narcissist is going to created a fruitful life with her. 

Jayne's game is STRONG.  She isn't aggressive like Kelly or Laila, and her method of "I was looking forward to it...I do so much for you guys" translates to "you retalk to her and put her in her place" and "I did so much for you...don't you forget it".  She may be the smartest mom we've met. Bryan and his go along to get along temperament and the pedestal he has his mom on is no match.  Wifey better come ready b/c she isn't going to win nary a single time. 

Michael and Stefanie both grate, and create a cycle of discontent.  She's overbearing about her want for the ring, like it is all she can see, and she pressures him.  He gets his back up about the pressure, and you can see he is hesitant about the commitment.  I think she made a mistake not taking that job; yes, she is going to resent him.  I wonder if the townhouse purchase was the concession for everyone?  It's closer to the overbearing mom, and it's a more permanent thing for Stef.  Except that he throws in her face that he is paying for it.  Also, does Michael look different?  I don't know what it is, but he looks...meh...off...

Watching Kelly and Matt on their home dates is so icky.  Like. No.  Kim in their room hiding away seems so much more relaxing.  Kelly is always so extra; their friends were clearly understanding of how weird the Kelly-Matt relationship really is.

Maybe Matt is gay, maybe he's bi, maybe he's experimenting.  Maybe he is open with Kim, maybe he is suppressing his natural feelings, maybe he's on the downlow.  I dunno.  As long and he is open with Kim, and she's good, I'm good.  He is the one who put himself on TV with his INSANE mother, so Imma talk about it. B/c something seems off with the hetero thing they are trying to sell. And I don't know where Kelly would stand.  For all LGBTQ+ people, I hope their families are a loving support system, but we all know that isn't the case. I do know that whatever Kelly's thoughts are they are going to be all encompassing and strong.   

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, TrininisaScorp said:

Bryan and his go along to get along temperament and the pedestal he has his mom on is no match.

Jayne has brainwashed him all his life about how DIFFICULT her life (and his) was because she had to raise him "all alone."  SHE is the only one who made sure things were good for him, nice for him.  SHE is the only reason he was successful.  He doesn't know how to think for himself where his two women are concerned.  He just does not want conflict.

38 minutes ago, TrininisaScorp said:

I wonder if the townhouse purchase was the concession for everyone?  It's closer to the overbearing mom, and it's a more permanent thing for Stef. 

Only a more permanent "temporary" address for Stefanie.  She actually has nothing, and should realize it, relax, settle down, and start saving for Plan B.  Michael will never divorce Mommy.

41 minutes ago, TrininisaScorp said:

He is the one who put himself on TV with his INSANE mother, so Imma talk about it. B/c something seems off with the hetero thing they are trying to sell.

I doubt if Ambiguously Gay™ Matt had anything to do with getting on a reality television show.  I doubt if Matt makes any decisions at all.  Surely, Production set up that entire "romantic" proposal scenario, so if Totally-In-Charge Kelly had no idea, that would be a real surprise.  She's running the show with Matt, with Emily, and with TLC.  With humans like her, it's just easier to give in.  AND...where is Kelly's appeal; I see nothing.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ethalfrida said:

Does anyone else shudder looking at Laila and her cold, murderous demeanor

YES!   If she's an amateur actress, someone should give her a part that requires exactly what you describe.  Perhaps Shekeb doesn't LOVE his mother; it's possible he's TERRIFIED to make the wrong move.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Shekeb is such a fucking gaslighter.

He just said, "My mom and Emily just saw each other for the first time in 6 months. Emily expected an apology from my mom for the way she treated Emily. But my mom just kind of threw that all away, she just literally let go of the past and welcomed her with open arms."

YES, BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT AN ABUSER DOES, they pretend like the past is in the past and things are going to be different.

I really hope someone gets through to Emily and she gets away from this loser once and for all.

Kim! Kelly is not building you a home, it's a prison. A guilded cage. Please run.

Does Jayne not understand what goes down on a honeymoon? Parents shouldn't be there. 

Mike saying it's his condo is a definitive red flag in his relationship with Stephanie.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Mike saying it's his condo is a definitive red flag in his relationship with Stephanie.

Yeah, Stephanie!  What's wrong with you?  Move out so Mommy can move in.  You're so selfish, making her DRIVE all the time (even though it's closer now) when she needs to bully you into learning how to clean, do laundry, buy groceries, cook, etc.  What's wrong with you?

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Matt calling Kim selfish for wanting to accept the temporary job offer was infuriating! His mother selfishly tries to control everything about Kim's life and his life, and he selfishly lets himself get led around by the nose by Kelly because it makes his life easier to have things slanted in his favor. He expects Kim to swallow all this ridiculousness without complaint and *she's* the selfish one for wanting something not on mommy's agenda for once in her life? Get the heck outta here!

Kelly tells them where they'll live, how the place will be decorated, wants her own room even though her own home is like 50 feet away, and wants to dictate what Kim's wedding dress will be. She monopolizes Matt's time with her stupid sleepy time tea and TV - without Kim - and has a card game night each week also without Kim, but Kim is the selfish one? I hope Kim kicks this jerk to the curb, takes the job offer and stays there permanently! Where is my Lisinopril? I need it stat!

Clueless Bryan and his honeymoon with mom. GMAB. I hope if this goes through, he doesn't get lucky for the entire duration. Sometimes the Trojan Women tactic should be applied to warfare on the home front.

• Love 10

Every one of these women needs to quit hedging and sugar-coating every damn thing. I recommend the word "no."

"You can wear my wedding dress!"

"No."

"I'm coming on your honeymoon!"

"No."

"My mommy is designing our house!"

"No."

"But my mommy likes this couch best!"

"No."

And if he can't hear no, give him the boot.

• Love 10