Type keyword(s) to search

I Love A Mama’s Boy - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I like that Jason and Justina are on the same page and done with Annette's histrionic bullshit. You do that summer camp wedding, kids!

Leila: "Me and Shekeb are getting closer every day." Woman, you could not force him any closer to you without literally stuffing him back up your hoo-ha.

I just wish Emily or Kim would tell their mama's boys that they should just fuck their mothers. If the only thing that makes their relationship with their future wife different than mommy is the sex, there's something wrong. I'm hoping COVID will be the straw that breaks Kim's back, at least. The fact that Matt keeps suggesting strengthening their intimacy by involving his mother should be a giant waving red flag.

Honestly, the prevailing theme is that these mothers don't know that their purpose of their parenting is to create grown humans that then go out and live their own adult lives doing what is best for them. I can't imagine any of them lived glued to their parents or let their spouses live that way.

Edited by CoyoteBlue
Ew, Emily, not Leila!
  • Love 17

Finally, some backbone from these ladies!!!!! Go Justina! Did you all happen to hear Annette state, "I am going to win!" About the Strip venue issue!?!?! I think that this is war now!😂 I think they should just elope quietly and tell her later!

Kelly was literally all over her son on the couch. Ewwwwwwww! That grossed me out so much! I shudder thinking about it now! Good for Kim, she told him about how she felt! Now he's all I'm trapped in the middle and crap! So immature! Run Kim, if you can due to COVID, run!

Emily, from the teaser for next week's finale, finally walks! As for Stephanie looking to move to California and the mom flipping out about him going with her is so classic!

Can we all say Jocasta Complex everyone!? Where is that dang Freud when you need him!?!?!😂

• Love 13

Laila is frightening. She’s the type who could end up on The I.D. Channel for something...

In my etiquette books the wedding belongs to the bride, her family pays for it. Vegas mom is just totally ignoring that. 

Ewwwww, why foot massage mom always has to have her son touching her? She needs a pool boy in her life...

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Man, Annette is a manipulative snake.  Crying in the toy store was so unnecessary, and as I suspected last week, had nothing to do with this and everything to do with the wedding situation and not respecting the parenting boundaries Justine and Jason are trying to establish.   I SO appreciate Justine standing up for herself in a couple of ways.  She was always reasonable and respectful, which makes Annette's whole cry, smile in her face, and bitch about her winning in the THs all that more gross.  It is also helping Jason set some boundaries with Annette that he probably hasn't before.  Can you imagine them taking her up on the offer to pack a bag and move in for a few MONTHS during the Rona?!  WTF?!  You know Justine put her foot down.  That would have been a disaster, so of course, mommy is upset that they didn't take her up on her "generous" offer to come and insert herself into their lives.  I can see now why Sister Jason doesn't have a good relationship with mom; Annette is fake and a bulldozer, and I'm sure the dad, like most of the dads on this series, just stay out of the fray.  

43 minutes ago, CoyoteBlue said:

I just wish Leila or Kim would tell their mama's boys that they should just fuck their mothers. If the only thing that makes their relationship with their future wife different than mommy is the sex, there's something wrong. I'm hoping COVID will be the straw that breaks Kim's back, at least. The fact that Matt keeps suggesting strengthening their intimacy by involving his mother should be a giant waving red flag.

Holy shit.  This.  THIS RIGHT HERE. The Oedipal nature of these relationships super creep me out.  Some of the other ones are controlling (Annette) and overbearing to hold on to the only thing she feels like she has (80s hair mom), but Shakeb and ESPECIALLY Matt seem to be happy to live under their mommies' labias for the rest of their lives.   The wrestling on the couch was weird to watch.  I have never seen anything like that before.  And Leila's instance of how close her and Shakeb have become all totally smack of a jealous girlfriend.  Emily and Kim need to go find actual men, who have an interest in prioritizing them and have healthy boundaries with their moms, b/c it is clear to me that these women have always been fighting a losing battle by fighting for these little boys.  And, I'm sorry, I can't help it, but Matt continues to raise an eyebrow to me.  As long as you are honest with yourself and those women you claim to hold dear, then more power to you...but...live your truth, sir. 

Edited by TrininisaScorp
  • Love 13

I haven’t posted in years, but this show got me triggered.

That Annette has the worst case of NPD. Everything is about her. She is so incredibly passive aggressive. It’s not an act. The whole “conversation” Justina had with her was totally useless. I understand why it’s so hard for her to tell it like it is, because she knows it won’t be heard and will be met with resistance. As soon as Justina started explaining what she wanted/how she felt, Annette couldn’t/wouldn’t apologize, she just turned it around on her, became the victim, and expressed how they hurt her feelings. Every time Annette speaks , it’s about her, what she wants, and how she feels. They have to cut her out of their life if they want change, because she can’t. That type of personality really triggers me.

Also, Shakeb’s mom(still learning the show), looks like the actor Deep Roy. It’s worth a google if you don’t know who it is...

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

Just finished yesterday's episode.

I know reddit has said that this is 100% scripted and I get that but communities are small and if so,  Shakeb’s mom is probably the laughing stock of their community right now. TLC paycheck or no TLC paycheck.  I love my boys but I would NEVER subject myself to TLC editing unless the money was in the high 6 figures.

Damn Annette is the type who you give an inch and they take a mile.  They should have never given her any say for the wedding or how they raise their daughter.  Jason needs to put his foot down.

Kim and Emily just need to get the fuck out of dodge. They deserve better (even if they are acting).  Matt for certain wants to do his mother and Shakeb will forever be attached to mommy's boobie. 

• Love 12

Justina is so adorable , i hope she keeps putting pushy beast Annette in her place 

MrDNR had a nightmare mother and it caused lots of strife in our marriage early on.  Later on i had to keep MIL out of my life and just let mrDNR visit & call mother on his own time. 

• Love 5

Wow these Moms need to teach classes in guilt and manipulation; they are masters.

Red faced Mom newsflash its not your wedding. If thats what you want go find your own man. 

Shakeb you are 30 and live at home under your Mothers thumb. Get your balls out of her purse and grow up.

And after that couch wrestling scene I need therapy!

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

I came to this series late; I've only watched E6+7.

Before I post any comments, has it been mentioned who is paying for Justina and Jason's wedding? Also - do we know anything about Justina's mother (the MOB)?

Edited by TwirlyGirly
Changed "MOH" to "MOB"
  • Love 1
On 12/5/2020 at 4:56 PM, jacksgirl said:

Mother Justin needs therapy.

Years overdue...perhaps decades overdue.  Mental health issues (many).  Dermatological issues.  Boundary issues.

Does she even WATCH herself?  She's so adamant about being correct...and she's 87% wrong-wrong-wrong.

11 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Red faced Mom newsflash its not your wedding. If thats what you want go find your own man. 

She HAS ONE...he's afraid to show us what color his face is.

• Love 7
On 12/6/2020 at 10:37 PM, TrininisaScorp said:

The wrestling on the couch was weird to watch.  I have never seen anything like that before. 

CREEEPY to the extreme!  Doesn't Matt have any friends who will give him some straight talk? 

On 12/6/2020 at 10:37 PM, TrininisaScorp said:

And, I'm sorry, I can't help it, but Matt continues to raise an eyebrow to me.  As long as you are honest with yourself and those women you claim to hold dear, then more power to you...but...live your truth, sir. 

Same conclusion I've come to.

• Love 7
On 12/7/2020 at 10:05 AM, greekmom said:

Jason needs to put his foot down.

• What type of "management" job could he possibly have?
  • How TINY are the hospitals that employ him?
  • How SMALL are the towns?
  • What do the executives who hire him think of his leadership qualities NOW?
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, readheaded said:

He's a manager for Sodexo, which does the food service in hospitals around the country.

So interesting RH.  THANKS!  He went our "local" community college: Mesa, Arizona ... then went to work 160mi away in Flagstaff AZ.  He doesn't seem like "hospital managment" material in areas that deal with healthcare.  I know, I know...we NEED food.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Back Atcha said:
  • What do the executives who hire him think of his leadership qualities NOW?

Honestly, Jason seems to mostly have his head screwed on straight and supports his wife, providing a united front against Annette. He's trying to do his best as the focus of Annette's freak show. His father and sister have given up on reining her in, too, acknowledging it's All About Mama's Drama.

Jason tries to let the little things go to keep Mom quiet; he doesn't really give a shit about his tux or the dance, so he lets her have it, but so far, he's supporting Justina by agreeing on the venue and to wear the tux at the reception only, which is important to her. Of all the "mama's boys", he's the least worrisome. If Justina was a little less meek, they wouldn't even be an ILAMB-worthy couple.

• Love 8
On 12/6/2020 at 9:52 PM, Toodleoo said:

Someone on Reddit pointed out how much Jason’s mom resembles Dinyell from 90 Day Fiancé and now I cannot unsee it 🤣

THAT'S who she reminds me of!!! Whew....I knew she seemed familiar.....

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 12/7/2020 at 12:16 AM, ethalfrida said:

wedding belongs to the bride, her family pays for it

What?  Haven't heard that old rule in 30 years.  Now days the couple usually pay for it themselves with maybe a stipend from each set of parents.

On 12/7/2020 at 9:58 AM, JasonH said:

I haven’t posted in years, but this show got me triggered.

Welcome back!  We've missed you.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SerenityNow721 said:

Matt and Kelly are sooooo disturbing.  I wonder what Kelly is going to do if Matt decides to come out of the closet and she’s competing/trying to manipulate a man instead of a woman. 

Did anyone watch the show where the moms and sons commented on scenes from the show?  You could tell the other guys all thought Matt was gay but they of course didn't say anything...and my daughter took one look at him and went "gay!"  If he's not gay he's very, very, VERY metrosexual.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

Did anyone watch the show where the moms and sons commented on scenes from the show?  You could tell the other guys all thought Matt was gay but they of course didn't say anything...and my daughter took one look at him and went "gay!"  If he's not gay he's very, very, VERY metrosexual.

Over on Reddit the consensus is that Matt isn’t straight 

I’m mid watch   I’d be surprised if Matt & Kim are still a couple

• Love 5

I was surprised that I think all of the guys thought Kim should have been "grateful" that she was "getting a house" and a trip to New York "from Kelly". Dudes, the fact that you think this way is why you're ON this show. She's not complaining about the trip; she complaining about Mom coming along on what is supposed to be a romantic getaway. And "getting a house" should not include getting Mom in the bedroom next door when she has a perfectly good one 20 feet away WITH HER HUSBAND. Gifts with strings attached are no gifts at all.

"Who's going to drink sleepy-time tea with meeeee?!" I don't know, maybe your husband, you Jocasta bitch? 

I am waiting for one of these girlfriends to ask "Did your mother-in-law live with you / dictate your wedding / etc? Did you consult your mother-in-law about everything before proceeding with your married life? Did you make all your decisions based on whether your mother-in-law would be happy?" Because I'm betting not. People move for jobs all the time, and yes, you don't always get to live right next door to your parents for the rest of your life. Suck it up. Get a life of your own, ladies.

Edited by CoyoteBlue
  • Love 13
13 hours ago, RoxiP said:

I was so involved in doing my daily walking I didn't know it was on until I passed through the living room. After watching it for a bit, all I could do was shake my head.   What's with all the cuddling? And the other moms had the nerve to judge!

• Love 6
15 hours ago, jumper sage said:

What?  Haven't heard that old rule in 30 years.  Now days the couple usually pay for it themselves with maybe a stipend from each set of parents.

Nope, it is still formal and traditional. Not to say it isn't done as you suggest but it is not the rule. And besides, What's her name said they were very traditional. But they are all one big pot of psycho...

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I so enjoyed the bookend of the sons watching with their moms. It was fabulous how judgmental each set of moms/sons were regarding the others.  "I would never do that"  "That's too far" "This poor girl"  I hate to tell y'all, but every single one of you is just as terrible.  Maybe in some facets, some are worse than others, but they are ALL a damn mess.   And the stuff they all agreed about were things that fell into their own traps (e.g. moving away, putting the mom above everything else). 

For sure the other guys got the same vibe about Matt the way some of us did.  Again, it doesn't matter to me, so long as everyone in their situation is on the same page. It feels a little disingenuous at this point. 

I hope Emily has gone off to do her thing without Shakeb b/c he and Laila deserve each other.  He deserves to live in his mama's house for life in a loveless/sexless situation and/or marry some Afghani chick (b/c that worked out so well the first time) b/c no woman should have to deal with Laila's nasty ass and Shakeb's apron strung cowardice. 

I was sad that we didn't get to see Justine and Jason and crazy ass Annette one more time.  I actually liked Justine and Jason a lot. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

For sure the other guys got the same vibe about Matt the way some of us did.  Again, it doesn't matter to me, so long as everyone in their situation is on the same page

Maybe Matt's mom is ON him 24/7 so he doesn't have a chance to wonder about his sexuality ... or to act on any urges she doesn't prefer.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, ethalfrida said:

And besides, What's her name said they were very traditional.

Yeah, if you're so "traditional," Annette, BACK OFF and let your the bride, your son, the bride's sisters and HER family do ALL the planning and paying.  Back off, relax, get the right meds, and start saving for that Vegas rental car.  (Oh! And your RED paisley/brocade tango gown.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, CoyoteBlue said:

I was surprised that I think all of the guys thought Kim should have been "grateful" that she was "getting a house" and a trip to New York "from Kelly". Dudes, the fact that you think this way is why you're ON this show. She's not complaining about the trip; she complaining about Mom coming along on what is supposed to be a romantic getaway. And "getting a house" should not include getting Mom in the bedroom next door when she has a perfectly good one 20 feet away WITH HER HUSBAND. Gifts with strings attached are no gifts at all.

"Who's going to drink sleepy-time tea with meeeee?!" I don't know, maybe your husband, you Jocasta bitch? 

I am waiting for one of these girlfriends to ask "Did your mother-in-law live with you / dictate your wedding / etc? Did you consult your mother-in-law about everything before proceeding with your married life? Did you make all your decisions based on whether your mother-in-law would be happy?" Because I'm betting not. People move for jobs all the time, and yes, you don't always get to live right next door to your parents for the rest of your life. Suck it up. Get a life of your own, ladies.

Oh, so much this! What  woman in her right mind thinks she should be invited along to a proposal? She is freaking nuts and her son gave away the store when he said he'd practiced his proposal several times with his mom and "wasn't nervous then."

As for being "grateful" for the proposal trip, I don't think gratitude includes having a third wheel along on your trip. I'll bet a dollar to a doughnut that it is not in the least Kim's choice to live steps from psycho mom and her key and in-home room. I would be so desperate to get away from her that the last thing I would want would be that "gifted" dump.

The poster above who said Annette was a classic narcissist was right on. So insufferable. So self centered. She keeps those tears on retainer just in case of the slightest thing not going her way.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, renatae said:

I'll bet a dollar to a doughnut that it is not in the least Kim's choice to live steps from psycho mom and her key and in-home room. I would be so desperate to get away from her that the last thing I would want would be that "gifted" dump.

I'm starting to wonder if Matt set their apartment on fire because he couldn't cope being that far away from Kelly. Kim said something early on about him not handling the distance well back then. Kim might be accepting their free garage apartment, but only because she know she won't be able to pry Matt away a second time so she might as well give in.

Would the boys also consider Kim "ungrateful" if she had turned down the free apartment Kelly so generously offered?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, CoyoteBlue said:

Would the boys also consider Kim "ungrateful" if she had turned down the free apartment Kelly so generously offered?

What about those two bitches (Matty and Mommy) sitting on the sofa and demeaning Kim (behind her back) about sitting on a sofa she didn't really like to watch Kelly's television, enjoying the first class meals--and snacks...like Tillamook Cheese ($9.98 for 2lbs at WalMart).  Run, Kim, RUN!  Don't leave a trail and sell that Tiffany's ring (or was just the BOX a Tiffany?).

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 6
On 12/7/2020 at 12:16 AM, ethalfrida said:

Laila is frightening. She’s the type who could end up on The I.D. Channel for something...

Yes.  I was thinking the same thing.  She is a scary, evil woman.  I could see her "getting rid" of Emily and not batting an eye.  Emily should run away because he's never going to leave his mother no matter what he says.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, renatae said:

I'll bet a dollar to a doughnut that it is not in the least Kim's choice to live steps from psycho mom and her key and in-home room.

I haven't heard anyone use this idiom in years, so I thought others might enjoy learning about its origin:

What's the meaning of the phrase 'Dollars to doughnuts'?

An outcome that is almost assured; a certainty.

What's the origin of the phrase 'Dollars to doughnuts'?

'Dollars to doughnuts' is one of several 'dollars to ...' phrases, like 'dollars to buttons' and 'dollars to cobwebs', which date from 1884 (in G. W. Peck's Boss Book) and 1904 (in The Boston Herald) respectively. Buttons and cobwebs were presumably chosen for their obvious lack of value, but the expressions failed to catch on as they lacked the perky alliteration of 'dollars to doughnuts'.

This is, of course, an American phrase. It is occasionally spelled as 'dollars to donuts', which only emphasis its US origin as, outside the USA, a donut is most definitely a doughnut.

'Dollars to doughnuts' is a pseudo betting term, pseudo in that it didn't originate with actual betting involving doughnuts, but just as a pleasant-sounding alliterative phrase which indicated short odds - dollars are valuable but doughnuts aren't. The phrase parallels the earlier English betting expression 'a pound to a penny'.

The phrase appears to have originated in mid 19th century USA. The earliest citation I can find for it is in the newspaper The Daily Nevada State Journal, February 1876:

Whenever you hear any resident of a community attempting to decry the local paper... it's dollars to doughnuts that such a person is either mad at the editor or is owing the office for subscription or advertising.

It doesn't crop up again in print until some years later, apart from a similar citation in a March edition of the Nevada State Journal, which suggests that the (unnamed) author of those pieces either coined the term himself or appropriated some street slang that he had heard.

https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/dollars-to-donuts.html

Edited by TwirlyGirly
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
On 12/14/2020 at 5:13 PM, Back Atcha said:

Yeah, if you're so "traditional," Annette, BACK OFF and let your the bride, your son, the bride's sisters and HER family do ALL the planning and paying.  Back off, relax, get the right meds, and start saving for that Vegas rental car.  (Oh! And your RED paisley/brocade tango gown.)

First of all, if your family is so "traditional" why is your son and his baby mama not already married?

Secondly, what is traditional about a Vegas strip wedding?  Not cutting down a Vegas strip wedding by any means, but it is definitely way far from my definition of traditional.  

So basically her notion of traditional is letting her family gamble and party and then take time out to go to a wedding...whoo hoo!

• Love 9
20 hours ago, CoyoteBlue said:

I'm starting to wonder if Matt set their apartment on fire because he couldn't cope being that far away from Kelly. Kim said something early on about him not handling the distance well back then. Kim might be accepting their free garage apartment, but only because she know she won't be able to pry Matt away a second time so she might as well give in.

How did I miss this?

• Love 3

Surely KIM will have some surprising offers from strangers--maybe even some old friends--after appearing on TV with MATTY AND MOMMY.   How did she ever become interested in him in the first place?  Maybe she's an actress Mommy paid to get on this series.

• Love 4
On 12/14/2020 at 6:13 PM, Back Atcha said:

Yeah, if you're so "traditional," Annette, BACK OFF and let your the bride, your son, the bride's sisters and HER family do ALL the planning and paying. 

My thoughts exactly. The bride and/or her family pay for and plan the wedding, with the family of the groom providing their guest list (within the parameters for the number of guests decided by the bride and her family).

MOG gets to plan - and pay for - the rehearsal dinner. So have at it, Annette! That's your job; stay in your lane.

On another topic:

I'm not going to speculate about Matt's sexual orientation. There are many men with effeminate mannerisms/qualities who are 100% heterosexual. There are also a lot of very masculine men (some play in the NFL) who are 100% gay.

I've found it best not to pigeonhole people according to outdated ideas of what defines masculine (or feminine) behavior, appearance, or any other qualities.

Until people start wearing T-shirts or buttons announcing their sexual orientation to the world, I'm just going to wait until someone tells me what their orientation is (if that's something they think I need to know).

YMMV, of course.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 12/1/2020 at 2:19 PM, ethalfrida said:

I'm thinking if it was not a medical condition TLC would have discussed how her skin wasn't coming out well on film. They have other perimeters they don't allow because it interferes with filming quality. And if it is a medical condition it may have a lot to do with her aggressiveness and fear of losing perhaps the only person wh doesn't judge her because of it. Maybe not exactly but somewhere in that ballpark.

Annette is delusional if she thinks people judge her for her skin and not her bizarre interest in tangoing with her son in front of an audience. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Much as I hate Dr. Phil, he always says that it is up to each person to control THEIR side of the family. So each of these men need to step up and control their mothers. If I were any of these girlfriends/fiancees, I'd run far and fast though.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

Annette is delusional if she thinks people judge her for her skin and not her bizarre interest in tangoing with her son in front of an audience. 

Perhaps THIS is what she thinks they look like ... but Jason in red paisley, of course.image.png.a8737348aaef50417b6609536fe725f9.png

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 12/19/2020 at 11:28 AM, jacksgirl said:

Much as I hate Dr. Phil, he always says that it is up to each person to control THEIR side of the family. So each of these men need to step up and control their mothers. If I were any of these girlfriends/fiancees, I'd run far and fast though.

The sad thing is that most of these men have admitted that they will not step up against their mothers...and these girls are still here with them.  Life is too short for that kind of crap!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, RoxiP said:

The sad thing is that most of these men have admitted that they will not step up against their mothers...and these girls are still here with them.

But now....a TV $erie$ is a big part of the equation.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 12/21/2020 at 1:23 PM, Back Atcha said:

But now....a TV $erie$ is a big part of the equation.

It all seems ridiculously scripted yet I believe totally that the mothers especially Annette and Lyla are real psychos. So I’m just not understanding how they are willing to expose themselves this way. They believe so strongly in their position? 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, GussieK said:

Did they ever show the red paisley suit?  I skipped that episode.

As I recall, we saw him trying it on in the wedding shop...nothing more.  I HOPE against hope that he did NOT buy/rent it to wear at the reception ... for his tango performance with his dotty mother.

• Useful 3