Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
BabySpinach

S15.E15: Gimme Shelter

12 minutes ago, KayCordingly said:

Was anyone else disappointed that this episode wasn't about a demonic teddy bear?

I'm always disappointed when episodes aren't about demonic teddy bears.

• Like 5

Also, when the show revealed Sylvia's victim tied up with a contraption on her hand and the tv turned on, I half-expected a clown puppet face to appear and a low gravelly voice to say "Hello Valerie. I want to play a game."

Talk about wearing your influences on your sleeve.

Also also, was this a post-Covid episode? I was literally just talking with my wife about how they claimed to have less people on set and were practicing social distancing, so it would be interesting to see how they got around the fact that the boys often participate in a round of fisticuffs with their enemies. Then I swear less than a minute later, the pastor was praying with a guy, put his hand on his should and then gives him a big ol' hug! 😂

Edited by KayCordingly
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, KayCordingly said:

Also, when the show revealed Sylvia's victim tied up with a contraption on her hand and the tv turned on, I half-expected a clown puppet face to appear and a low gravelly voice to say "Hello Valerie. I want to play a game."

Also also, was this a post-Covid episode? I was literally just talking with my wife about how they claimed to have less people on set and were practicing social distancing, so it would be interesting to see how they got around the fact that the boys often participate in a round of fisticuffs with their enemies. Then I swear less than a minute later, the pastor was praying with a guy, put his hand on his should and then gives him a big ol' hug! 😂

Nope, up to episode 18 everything was filmed pre-shutdown. Only the last two eps were filmed afterwards. It might be noticeable then.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

8 hours ago, Katy M said:

I'm always disappointed when episodes aren't about demonic teddy bears.

I remember a depressed suicidal teddy bear. Which episode had a demonic teddy bear?

On 10/19/2020 at 8:26 AM, Terese said:

I love your questions. And they made me laugh. I felt upon revisit of Amara's comment in season 11, that having the ability to create was her propaganda or Buck/Lemming having completely failed in understanding the concept of the Darkness. I was surprised that Chuck can destroy and felt that may have explained why he put Leviathan in Purgatory. I would have been equally surprised if Amara could create. But that was then. Maybe?!? Because Amara was very clear about Chuck being creation and she destruction, over peirogis. 

I thought the multiverses would be the natural occurrence of conflicting human choices, born of dilemma, that had to be played out somewhere. Mary had to make that deal. Mary could not make that deal. Bobby shot his father. Bobby could not bring himself to shoot his father. Instead it was failed drafts and shallow nonsense. 

Honestly, I don't think they know and just wing it from writer to writer. I don't know what their point even is. And as you say new canon puts a wrench in everything. It leaves no room for speculation and reasonable theory, or anticipation of how it will all come out. When what was true yesterday, is not true today, tomorrow gets lost. 

Once Chuck became a writer the multiverse were always going to be other drafts of Chuck's story... and  judging by the AU and the Bad Place they were abandoned drafts.

God the writer vs the main characters... it's worrisome for the show going out well when the actors pulled the plug on the show because of bad writing.

8 hours ago, KayCordingly said:

This was pre- covid, with just 19 and 20 filmed when they returned.

Lol. Clowns are even more creepy when they want to play a game. 

24 minutes ago, Castiels Cat said:

Once Chuck became a writer the multiverse were always going to be other drafts of Chuck's story... and  judging by the AU and the Bad Place they were abandoned drafts.

God the writer vs the main characters... it's worrisome for the show going out well when the actors pulled the plug on the show because of bad writing.

Yes. I just found it rather disappointing. Parallel universes are fascinating in theory, whether quantum physics or fantasy. I like organic reasons, naturally occurring because of choices and circumstances. So much prefaced on one small idea, "Chuck wrote that."