Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: FILE #2

ohjoy
  • Start Topic

After being mishandled by a Zava employee, neXt escapes the confined servers of its home company and gains internet access. Concerned about her son, Shea recruits Paul and three of her co-workers to help use Ethan's connection with Iliza to track neXt's possible location. Paul tries to rekindle his relationship with his daughter, while grappling with the onset of his health condition.

So I take it we weren't supposed to be rooting for Ethan to use the gun?? Because the whole time the bullies were throwing trash into the stall I was yelling "Just shoot them already!"

Yeah . . . this show. Much as I like John Slattery I don't know how many episodes I can sit through watching these characters chase down AI. The premise is already wearing thin and it's only Episode 2. This might have made a decent movie but I don't think it's suited to episodic TV.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

So I take it we weren't supposed to be rooting for Ethan to use the gun?? Because the whole time the bullies were throwing trash into the stall I was yelling "Just shoot them already!"

Oh, me too! I should have known they wouldn't have the cojones to have the kid actually shoot someone.

Can't decide which kid is more annoying, this one, or the one in Manifest!

• LOL 1
3 minutes ago, MrWhyt said:
22 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

They should have made the A.I. good and working with the FBI.

but we already had Person of Interest

And are people today, more interested or less interested in show where rich people who blatantly do illegal acts to get richer, get their just deserts. Name an era when this type of show wouldn't be popular.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

And are people today, more interested or less interested in show where rich people who blatantly do illegal acts to get richer, get their just deserts. Name an era when this type of show wouldn't be popular.

to quote a great philosopher "you want it one way, but it's the other way"

I had high hopes about this after seeing it was by the creators of "24", which was my favorite show back when it aired.   This show lost me with the kid being groomed by the Alexa clone. Are kids that gullible these days?  It just didn't work for me.   It got sillier when we see that the Dad heard this going on and let it drop.  Then I was annoyed by the Asian IT person wearing her hipster leather jacket in the lab and the FBI boss ranting and shutting down investigations... just cause. Then they showed that a whole server was missing from the facility.   I was barely paying attention by this point but did I miss/was it implied that the AI had moved itself for protection?  That would have really made me roll my eyes.

I never watched Person of Interest, so a show based around an super AI system sounded interesting.  This show ain't that interesting.  There are other things that made this a "no" for me, but it would be too much work to list them all.  It is now off my DVR.   

Edited by patty1h
On 10/16/2020 at 2:44 PM, patty1h said:

I never watched Person of Interest, so a show based around an super AI system sounded interesting.  This show ain't that interesting. 

PoI was more engaging, had a tighter storyline, extremely likeable characters, even the reoccurring ones, and was very smart. As you say, this is not. When an evil AI thinks it's time is well spent convincing a kid to bring a gun to school to fend off the bullies, I was out.

• Love 1

I really want to like this show, but it’s battling itself. The premise is compelling, but we are getting too many layers here. The pacing feels off and every scene goes on way too long... I didn’t need that much of the kid talking to Iliza in order to understand that it was up to no good, and I didn’t need a server to mysteriously “walk off” in order to be creeped out. It feels like we’re going in circles and  I find myself wondering how long it’s going to take until we get to a part that actually moves the plot forward, rather than just adding more complications.

I feel like this show could be enormously fun and cool but it just... isn't. Slattery is always entertaining but it feels like he's just phoning in a Roger Stirling impersonation for a paycheck and Shea is just such a boring mass-produced-for-television FBI agent. Her weird team are much more interesting than she is even though so far they are more thumbnail sketches than actual characters. At least they're thumbnail sketches I haven't seen 100 times before. 

Also why is it always a quirky, mysterious older outsider dude sho has secrets with a younger female FBI agent? *Cough*TheBlacklist*Cough*. 

Oh, and why is filmed with all these muted colors? It looks like mud.

Will stick with it for a bit though because there ain't much anything else to hold the attention right now.

Edited by BaskingsharkGTX
  • Love 1