Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E20: A Mighty Wind

• Start Topic

As the last charter comes to an end, Captain Sandy reckons with a chaotic season while the few remaining chips continue to fall. Rob and Jess struggle to reconcile after a disastrous fight, while Aesha comes to grips with the end of her yachting career. Tom looks to clear his final hurdle, as Alex hopes to leave things with Bugsy on a positive note. On their final night out before parting ways, the crew gets an enormous surprise.

Airs October 12, 2020.

• Love 1

Dear Lord, if Rob doesn’t go on the crossing he is a moron.  I don’t remember the guys name that was making the arrangement for Rob to cross but he better not blow it off now.

Just saw he went to Bali with Jess and they aren’t together today.  He blew that opportunity.  What the “F”!

• Love 19

Rob and Jess have a very toxic relationship. Of course he blows off the crossing to be with that unpleasant creature. OMG Bugs on WWHL. she looks horrible. Can't believe she said that she is 30. Looks so much older. 

• Love 13

Stupid Rob fails to do the crossing!  He should sleep with one eye open with the bunny boiler in the house.

So much for a yachting career.

People who want to be jealous will always find something to be jealous about.

• Love 15

I went to a full flamenco show the one time I was in Spain (Seville) and it was fantastic!

Um Sandy, you didn't "lose" Kiko and Hannah.  Go away forever.

Tom must have found Hannah's valium stash.  He's oddly calm. Mal-ia too.  They have a boat job to Boston together???

Edited by PaperTree
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
21 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I don’t remember Sandy saying “you just told me there is frozen cod!” or whatever she was yelling at Tom in the previouslies.. When did that happen?

It was halibut not cod but an episode or two ago where she then had a team meeting and cried right before this last charter came on board. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Malia and so called Captain Sandy, I hope we never have to see them again in this show......

Snakes, rats, micromanagers, bullies, incompetent , sexist, no fun etc etc etc

Bravo, please do not hire them again, enough is enough......

• Love 20

Did they show Malia kicking puppies and urinating on homeless people on the street, or did her minions at BRAVO cut that out?

Anyhow, that Rob & Jess finale was interminable and horrifying.

Edited by Lassus
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Dear Lord, if Rob doesn’t go on the crossing he is a moron.  I don’t remember the guys name that was making the arrangement for Rob to cross but he better not blow it off now.

Just saw he went to Bali with Jess and they aren’t together today.  He blew that opportunity.  What the “F”!

It's official.  Rob's a moron.

• LOL 12
  • Love 5

I wonder what Pete's wind certificate said.  

I thought Jess was still in her bathrobe in the earlier shots of her wandering the halls, and then she left the boat in that.  Not that it was ugly or anything, just kind of....floaty or something.

That baby goat was the best thing of the whole season.  Well, aside from Kiko.  Hey, I'd watch a whole season of Kiko playing with baby goats, and throw in a pup or cat or two and fill it out with scenery, both natural and cool old European towns and buildings.

Jess was a mess and a pill, but if she had to go to Sandy in gratitude for the smattering of words on the certificate, her mom must have effed her up but good.  Which I have sympathy for, but I do hope seeing herself helps her find the help she needs, which will not come from guys like Rob.

I couldn't figure out which one farted in the elevator.  I have enough trouble with their accents etc. (on me), without trying to parse their slurred drunken giggles and mutters.  

WWHL Bugsy:  Her haircut was fine, her barrettes were...expected, and her outfit looked like a salon cape but at an ultra fancy place.  She looks fine as a blonde, but I assume her natural color is much darker, which would contrast amazingly with her eyes, which I think are gorgeous.  Her sister in the pix has similar eyes.

So am I making this up, or did I miss it when it aired, or did they not show it:  I could have sworn that in one of the midseason "this season on BDM" teasers, one scene was of Malia guiding?  docking?  driving? the boat and there was a little boat coming in near on a diagonal and Sandy and Malia were upset/concerned and were talking about that boat and the dangers...it was not the scene we did see this ep with the boat having to come in past some diagonal lines.  

ETA:  I still like primary Hannah, and I thought her end of the interactions with Rob in the club were fine, but he was weird and ultra creepy.  Were they really going to keep the red and brown pairs of heels rather than text at least one of the primaries to mention they were left behind?  And the guest Z--- who told (Rob?) that she left her Vans on the boat--does Vans make something more than skateboard type shoes, or were there actually three pairs left?

Edited by Jobiska
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Some Math:  

At $14,000 for six weeks work @ 6 days/week for 16 hrs/day comes to about $25/hour.

This came up with Mrs. Juice last night. You just know about 70% of these fools do not account for the tax on that revenue, number one, and number two, none of them seem to be the type to like save it or do anything smart with it. Prime example, Sally Sourpuss and The Introspector are planning a trip to Bali. You know they are blowing 3K easily there. I guess you do a job like that for the adventure, and, at least according to these casts we've seen, because you have a hole inside you that you're desperate to fill with bad relationships and over-medicating with alcohol. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Uncle JUICE said:

This came up with Mrs. Juice last night. You just know about 70% of these fools do not account for the tax on that revenue, number one, and number two, none of them seem to be the type to like save it or do anything smart with it. Prime example, Sally Sourpuss and The Introspector are planning a trip to Bali. You know they are blowing 3K easily there. I guess you do a job like that for the adventure, and, at least according to these casts we've seen, because you have a hole inside you that you're desperate to fill with bad relationships and over-medicating with alcohol. 

Most of these folks are young.  They make the money and have fun spending it.  Nothing wrong with blowing 3K on a trip to Bali (even with a nutcase like whatshername).  Too many people say, "I'll take that trip when......." and they wind up never taking it.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, PaperTree said:

Some Math:  

At $14,000 for six weeks work @ 6 days/week for 16 hrs/day comes to about $25/hour.

Though that’s just tip money they also get a wage for the yacht position and for being on the show. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 8

That tip money isn't that bad.  Some people make that much a year.

I don't get these young folks (sound like an old fart, I know).  Jess and Rob, don't get them:  "Let's be single," Jess says.   WTF, you ARE single.  You're not married, not living together, you're not paying bills together or getting a dog, you met on the boat and banged,  you're just f**k buddies.  F**k buddies does not a relationship make IMO.

Edited by Neurochick
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12

Sometimes the income you made in foreign countries doesn't get taxed by the US since it is already taxed by the country from which you are paid.  Not sure though - and also surely they get an hourly wage on top of the tips.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

Sometimes the income you made in foreign countries doesn't get taxed by the US since it is already taxed by the country from which you are paid.  Not sure though - and also surely they get an hourly wage on top of the tips.

Not to mention not all the crew is American. 

• Love 2

For a minute there I thought Rob was going to use his gut feeling and common sense, to not go to Bali.  He knew better, but I think he folded because of her begging him not to leave her.  Wah wah wah.  On WWHL Andy actually used the word "beg" for her behavior.  Gah, if she didn't feel humiliation, she should have.  I felt residual embarrassment for her. 

I suppose Sandy was blowing all that smoke up Jess' ass and what a great crew mate she was, in order to look good for the camera, because, Jess was one of the laziest, surly, slow, crew mates I have ever seen.  I leave this season really disliking her, and hope she goes and takes her needy life off camera for good.

Bugsy is a great chief stew, there is no comparison between her and Hannah.  She has great people skills and can keep her cool with stress.  A very admirable trait to have.

Melia is a great bosun, a sneaky, opportunist too, but a great bosun.

Tom was a great Chef, a whiny bitch, but he can cook.  If rumors are true, I find it kind of humorous that he would cheat on Melia.  Maybe he was ready for some female energy for a change.

Here is hoping the female world has opened up for Alex...I think he was starting comprehend that there are lots of attractive women out there that find him attractive.  I would love to know how his relationship with Bugsy is now. 

I liked Aesha this season more than the others.  She is really good with the clients, but her upbeat, constant enthusiasm could be exhausting in a way.

GOODBYE PETE!

• Love 13

This finale was cringe-worthy, watching Jess and Rob.  They both have A LOT of personal issues to work out.  It's like instead of "Dumb and Dumber", we're watching "Depressing and Depressinger"  (I know that's not a word, LOL!)

I couldn't stand Sandy's little printed out "certificates of excellence" bullshit!!  The crew were all looking at her like "WTF?"....just more stupidity from Sandy.  And, I've said it before, but again - Sandy has such a crush on Malia - it's not just a mutual respect boss/employee, captain/bosun thing - there are definitely deeper feelings on Sandy's part.  

I also noticed that before the guests departed, a bunch of the crew were hanging out in the bridge - was Malia actually driving the boat with her bare feet?  I know there's auto-pilot, but that just looked stupid.  

Overall, I didn't really like this season - it was too much like a Real Housewives show with all the drama!  This seems to happen with every Bravo show - the longer the show is on, the more producer-manipulated drama.  This show doesn't need that - with all the different personalities sharing close quarters and the general stress of the season, we don't need all the other manufactured stuff (situation with Hannah, specifically, which was sooo wrong on soooo many levels). 

I'll watch the reunion, but I'm thinking that there will be no resolution or calling out of either Sandy or Malia, unfortunately.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 16
45 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

Jess was one of the laziest, surly, slow, crew mates I have ever seen.  I leave this season really disliking her, and hope she goes and takes her needy life off camera for good.

Unfortunately these are the kind that are invited back for another season.

• Love 2

I still think there's more to the WHERE IS PETE and why has he been edited out  - story. Ok, rumor has it he was fired. 

But the severe lengths to edit him out for a bunch of episodes is odd before the season even came to its end. 

Why not just make the firing of the guy a story and part of the series ? They've certainly done this for many cast members. Something is off here.  

I still suspect he had a conflict with production. A fight with a camera guy, maybe? A lawsuit ?

Maybe he crossed a line with a guest too. Maybe another lawsuit ?

He probably wont be on the reunion - and there wont be an explanation. 

• Useful 1
10 minutes ago, Bossa Nova said:

I still think there's more to the WHERE IS PETE and why has he been edited out  - story. Ok, rumor has it he was fired. 

But the severe lengths to edit him out for a bunch of episodes is odd before the season even came to its end. 

Why not just make the firing of the guy a story and part of the series ? They've certainly done this for many cast members. Something is off here.  

I still suspect he had a conflict with production. A fight with a camera guy, maybe? A lawsuit ?

Maybe he crossed a line with a guest too. Maybe another lawsuit ?

He probably wont be on the reunion - and there wont be an explanation. 

It’s not a rumor that he was fired, it was announced by Bravo and the production company. It wasn’t part of the show because he was fired in June after the show started airing. He posted a racist misogynistic meme in April after filming, when people called him out on it after he was announced as being part of the show/show started airing, he doubled down, reposted it and refused to apologize. He then got fired and started somewhat backpedaling by deleting things and offering a lame apology, even though he still insisted he couldn’t possibly be edited put because he was so integral to the storyline this season.

Neither he or Lara will be at the reunion. Hannah and Kiko both will be.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 4
  • Love 13

I lost it with Sandy, not for the first, and, I'm sure, not the last time when she lamented how hard it was to "have to lose" Hannah and Kiko. No, bitch, you FIRED them, you didn't "lose" them due to an accident or circumstance. It was your choice to get rid of them, so don't play that pity card.

Ugh, I hate her. 

The only cast members I didn't loathe were Alex and Bugsy. Alex I liked, Bugsy I tolerated.

• Love 23

On a clip for the reunion Sandy is heard telling Hannah you had marijuana on the boat. I am hoping that this is not true and Hannah thinks a little quicker on her feet than she did when Sandy was firing her. Was it marijuana or CBD? Andy and Melia at first put it out that Hannah had narcotics on the boat. Then they all switched to drugs on the boat. I would just like to have Hannah tell us exactly what she had on the boat and how Melia got it. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

would just like to have Hannah tell us exactly what she had on the boat and how Melia got it. 

Hannah has stated it in several interviews that she had Valium that had a prescription on it, she posted a pic of the pack/prescription and CBD and a vape pen which is legal in Spain if declared when you arrive but can’t be purchased there and both Malia and Hannah have said that Malia found the items in Hannah’s purse.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I am most interested to know what the co-primary, Hannah, spouse thought of her interactions with Rob than Jess’s histrionics. 

First of all, thanks for answering and correcting questions above.

Watching Rob and guest Hannah I was struck by how hard Rob tried to pursue her in the club. She played along for a little bit but his obvious oversell had her edging for the door. I thought she played it safe enough. Fun flirtation but she said goodnight.

The other primary, the unpleasant woman, did get the food shaft with pancetta, beef, and the last, late breakfast. I don’t know what her general problem is but it seemed to appear She was try in not to express her deep (somewhat legitimate) displeasure.

Aesha was the one bright spot in this season after Kiro left. Thank God she came back.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, lcarolynl said:

pursue her in the club. She played along for a little bit but his obvious oversell had her edging for the door. I thought she played it safe enough. Fun flirtation but she said goodnight.

She approached him the first and then demanded that he smell her shoe because her feet smelled so good, even when he tried to demur and reiterated that she too felt a bond with him. To me it looked like she started to leave after she noticed the camera was trained on them.

If my partner behaved like that I would be mortified. Not due to Jess-like jealousy but because he should himself to be a corny ass weirdo who was a horrible judge of character on national television.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 8
43 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

She approached him the first and then demanded that he smell her shoe because her feet smelled so good, even when he tried to demur and reiterated that she too felt a bond with him. To me it looked like she started to leave after she noticed the camera was trained on them.

If my partner behaved like that I would be mortified. Not due to Jess-like jealousy but because he should himself to be a corny ass weirdo who was a horrible judge of character on national television.

The shoe smelling! 😂 I forgot about that!

See to me that seemed like she was keeping thing super goofy, not sexy at all!

For me, that seemed more fun silliness (with some flirting as involved, sure). Like Alesha, I think I would have been okay with the level of flirting as I saw. I’d need to rewatch to confirm and that is not happening! It seemed to me that Rob Pushed it and wanted to make it more serious and that turned her off. 
I heard a tone in her, “Yes, we have a connection” that sounded like like she was just going to agree with him but he was beginning to bore her or she realized something was wrong with him.

Anyway, just my take on it.

Somebody please explain what it means to “Be in my head” He used that line all the time. Can’t nap, in his head. Can’t talk, in his head. Can’t understand, in his head. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, biakbiak said:

It’s not a rumor that he was fired, it was announced by Bravo and the production company. It wasn’t part of the show because he was fired in June after the show started airing. He posted a racist misogynistic meme in April after filming, when people called him out on it after he was announced as being part of the show/show started airing, he doubled down, reposted it and refused to apologize. He then got fired and started somewhat backpedaling by deleting things and offering a lame apology, even though he still insisted he couldn’t possibly be edited put because he was so integral to the storyline this season.

Neither he or Lara will be at the reunion. Hannah and Kiko both will be.

Thanks for the information, Biak. 🙂

1 hour ago, lcarolynl said:

heard a tone in her, “Yes, we have a connection” that sounded like like she was just going to agree with him but he was beginning to bore her or she realized something was wrong with him.

But again she was the one who said to him first that he had a deep soul and was a special person who she connected with when they were back on the boat.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Jess is a pill and it seems she would benefit from therapy to try and undo the damage her mother inflicted on her.

That said, Rob is a manipulative asshole. You can see that his shtick is “emotionally bonding” with a woman, and having pseudo deep conversations with her. His “iloveyouoopsididntmeantosaythat” even seems part of that. We could see him clearly try it on with guest Hannah, who flirted back and then, thankfully, skipped away.

I was also irate by the “losing” Hannah (stew) and Kiko comments. People aren’t lost when they are fired.

Edited by NYCFree
  • Love 12

Is this kindergarten with those stupid certificates? Malia if by "inspire other women" you mean inspire them not to be cold hearted snakes,  then yes you've inspired a lot of women. 

I was always weary of Rob with his fake deepness.  He confirmed my suspicions the moment he love bombed Jess. He preys on emotionally fragile women like Jess and Madison (Sailing Yacht) , so that he can easily manipulate them. 

Jess needs therapy to resolve her mommy issues or else she'll continue to date the Robs and Adams of the world. 

Joao said it best in one of his insta stories last year. Sandy will love you as long as you stroke her ego, the minute you stop you're the worst person on earth (paraphrasing). Let's see how long her love fest with Malia will last. 

Sandy you didn't lose Hannah and Kiko,  you fired them. Joke's on you though,  because they're living their best lives.

Edited by spunky
  • Love 11