Type keyword(s) to search

Dr. 90210 - General Discussion

bilgistic
  • Start Topic

Dr. 90210 Is Back! Meet the All-Female Doctors In This New First Look

A cut above the rest.

In this first look for the fall return of Dr. 90210, viewers are introduced to the all-female, powerhouse plastic surgeons starring in the revival. As the footage above details, "Beverly Hills is the Mecca of plastic surgery, but only 15 percent of plastic surgeons are women."

Thus, the surgeons—including Dr. Cat Begovic, Dr. Kelly Killeen, Dr. Michelle Lee and Dr. Suzanne Quardt—are essentially rock stars in the medical field.

"Who knows better than a woman what a woman wants to feel like," one patient remarks.

"Absolutely," Dr. Lee responds. Later on, Dr. Lee reveals she specializes in facial plastic surgery.

As for Dr. Killeen, she teases her special relationship with breasts. "Being a female plastic surgeon gives me a special edge," she expresses. "I have a different relationship with boobs than guys do."

Speaking of the female anatomy, Dr. Begovic is the pioneer of "vaginal cosmetic surgery."

Whether it's "the snooter" or "the cooter," Dr. Quardt reveals she tackles it all.

In addition to their specialties, the Dr. 90210 doctors tackle the "cutthroat" plastic surgery industry head on, which makes them stand out surgeons. This means tackling difficult cases, such as non-stop growing breasts, a massive face growth, a three breasted-patient and more.

Unfortunately, success in the operating room can often pose a threat to their personal lives.

"As a female surgeon, it's hard to have a personal life," Dr. Killeen laments.

Nonetheless, these impressive ladies are doing everything they can to have it all. We couldn't be more excited to meet the female surgeons who are "making plastic surgery anything but skin deep."

(edited)

I find it hilarious that Dr. Cat talks about being "zen" and then gets in her Lambo or does yoga surrounded by Louboutin heels in her giant walk-in closet. That word doesn't mean what you think it means, honey.

I like Dr. Lee and Dr. Killeen well enough. Dr Q annoys me. I hate all the hugging. They do it on "Botched", too. Granted, I've never been to a plastic surgeon, but I don't hug my doctors.

Edited by bilgistic
  • Love 2

Dr. Lee is going to have issues with the husband. He didn't say it outright but he totally expects her to quit her job to raise a kid. She said right to his face that she's just getting started and establishing her career in a cutthroat business. He acted like she never said it. I hope they have a prenup cuz it's going to be ugly.

• Love 2

All the doctors on this show do really fantastic jobs on their patients. I don't think Terry Dubrow is all that skilled. He seems to see himself as some kind of maverick but his results just aren't that aesthetically pleasing. I know he gets some trainwrecks, but so does Paul Nassif, and his outcomes are just better.

Anyway, yes, this show is a refreshing break from the freak parade that is "Botched". I have a bizarre fascination with plastic surgery, so I watch all the shows.

I've watched all three episodes in quick succession because I didn't realize this had premiered until after it had already been on two weeks, so I don't remember all the cases. The woman who was a "WAG" had an incredible result from Dr. Lee. Her tummy tuck and lipo looked amazing.

I'm completely weirded out by Dr. Q's obsession with her husband's extremely sparse hair, as if the 12 strands he has left looks anything like the full head he used to have. It looks awful now and she needs to let it go already. Let the man shave his head. Bald is beautiful, says me, whose boyfriend shaves his balding head!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bilgistic said:

I'm completely weirded out by Dr. Q's obsession with her husband's extremely sparse hair, as if the 12 strands he has left looks anything like the full head he used to have. It looks awful now and she needs to let it go already. Let the man shave his head. Bald is beautiful, says me, whose boyfriend shaves his balding head!

From his old pics, he did have an incredible head of hair!  But, yes, let the poor man shave his head.

• Love 1
On 10/16/2020 at 4:01 PM, Red Bridey said:

I have had a breast reduction and I never thought to hug my surgeon, not even once. 

I think once someone has felt up your boobs, hugging is irrelevant. 😀

• LOL 2
5 hours ago, GaT said:

I think once someone has felt up your boobs, hugging is irrelevant. 😀

Mostly, he just drew all over them in sharpie, I went under anesthesia, and woke up six hours later with little perky breasts that three years later I love so much! Haven't had to wear a bra ever and for that alone I would hug him...nah, probably not. He was not a hugger and neither am I. Thank heavens I don't live in California where everyone hugs and kisses. I am from the Frozen North! A handshake is (was) perfectly fine, at least in pre-covid days.

• Love 1
On 10/20/2020 at 3:52 AM, GaT said:

That poor guy with the skin removal surgery did not look so great afterwards with his scrotum nipple.

Yes, it was very bad.  I wonder if he will show up on "Botched."

I don't like any of Dr. Q's results, and her personality is so messy.  Less of Dr. Q., please. 

• Love 4
On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 6:33 PM, Red Bridey said:

Thank heavens I don't live in California where everyone hugs and kisses.

Um, not all of us are huggy and kissy. If you watch the Beverly Hills housewives, you'd think that everyone is nutters and and hugging all of the time. If I see someone I haven't talked to for a while, I don't lunge in and kiss and hug. Ick.

Edited by nokat
  • Love 2

Awww i was so disappointed . I was a huge fan of the original series and snarking aboit it on television without pity so this just didn’t compare . I also miss the dr who ate sushi off that models body 🤪.

• Love 1
On 10/27/2020 at 3:02 PM, nlkm9 said:

Awww i was so disappointed . I was a huge fan of the original series and snarking aboit it on television without pity so this just didn’t compare . I also miss the dr who ate sushi off that models body 🤪.

I had no idea there was another version of this show, was it all female too?

6 hours ago, GaT said:

I had no idea there was another version of this show, was it all female too?

Maybe 15 years ago, a show of the same name on E! starred Dr. Robert Rey (I think?), who wasn't board-certified in plastic surgery but performed it exclusively. I don't remember what he was actually certified in. It was a fairly unique show for the time, and I watched it religiously because I can't get enough of plastic surgery shows. It also showed his home life, which I couldn't care less about, but that's beside the point.

I hate that it's being called "Dr. 90210" because this show is completely different. One of the doctors on this show mentioned how few female plastic surgeons there are and implied then that these doctors are trailblazers. I think this show should therefore stand on its own, not be an extension of a male-helmed brand. It's just weak and lazy, yet typical.

• Love 3

Dr. Quardt sounds like she smokes a pack a day.

I didn't think she did a good job on her patient Yolanda's breasts. They needed a lift along with the implants.

The Madonna impersonator had amazing results with the thread lift. I wish they'd show more of the non-surgical solutions because they can really transform a face. There are some of them on "Skin Decision: Before and After" on Netflix.

• Love 2
On 11/4/2020 at 4:09 AM, bilgistic said:

Dr. Quardt sounds like she smokes a pack a day.

I didn't think she did a good job on her patient Yolanda's breasts. They needed a lift along with the implants.

Just started watching this here in Australia, so I’ve missed a few eps.

Agree about Dr Q...sounds like a drag queen.  And yeah, I wouldn’t be happy with those boobs.

I just saw the episode with Starla and her tummy tuck.  Great result with the TT but those boobs?  Why wouldn’t you get them lifted?  Or a better fitting bra?  Same with that plus size model who had her tummy done...the back of her bra was almost at the nape of her neck.

I myself had a TT 6 years ago and a breast lift/reduction in 2016 after I had gastric sleeve in 2012.  I still need to get arms and thighs done.

• Love 1

Someone needs to show Dr. Lee the footage of her with her husband. How many red flags does she needs Gah!

The tummy tuck was good but everything else is still flabby. I hope she's getting that fixed too, everything is out of proportion  now. 

The woman with cysts on her head. I hope the dr. was kidding and if he wasn't, she never goes back to him.  

• Love 1

November 17th Episode. 

Another mommy makeover. I hope the breasts look better IRL than they do on tv. Didn't look like much of a change to me.

The one with the hip dips. I'm thinking that's genetic and as she ages, they may come back. 

No Dr Lee this time. Was this the last episode for the season?

• Love 1

I starting following Dr. Cat on Instagram. I am interested in a tummy tuck (after two 9+ lb babies). She is NOT kidding in her attention to detail and it shows. Dr. Q's scar on that woman was AWFUL!! Holy cow. I've been looking around at surgeons in my area and am not impressed by the after results. Dr. Cat really does know what the hell she is doing.

• Love 1

I still like Dr. Killeen the best, with Dr. Lee coming in behind her. Dr. Killeen seems so naturally warm with her patients. I can't deal with the conspicuous consumption of Dr. Cat and Dr. Q. Dr. Cat and her Chanel everything just bugs me. Like we get it--you're rich.

• Love 3
On 10/29/2020 at 11:10 AM, bilgistic said:

Maybe 15 years ago, a show of the same name on E! starred Dr. Robert Rey (I think?), who wasn't board-certified in plastic surgery but performed it exclusively. I don't remember what he was actually certified in. It was a fairly unique show for the time, and I watched it religiously because I can't get enough of plastic surgery shows. It also showed his home life, which I couldn't care less about, but that's beside the point.

I hate that it's being called "Dr. 90210" because this show is completely different. One of the doctors on this show mentioned how few female plastic surgeons there are and implied then that these doctors are trailblazers. I think this show should therefore stand on its own, not be an extension of a male-helmed brand. It's just weak and lazy, yet typical.

Yes this is a reboot of Dr. 90210 that aired 2004-2008 the first aring had: Dr. Linda Li and her anesthesiologist husband, Dr. Richard Ellenbogen, Dr. Robert Rey and his stay at home wife Haley and their bratty kids, Dr. Jason Diamond who thought he was hot shit and was dragging his feet on committing to his girlfriend who he eventually married and before this cast seasons ended they had their first child, Dr. Paul Nassif who was married to that Maloof woman at the time, Dr. Raj Kanodia, Dr Will Kirby aka Mr Big Brother and Dr. Robert Kotler

Edited by carolinagirl81
  • Love 1
On 10/29/2020 at 10:10 AM, bilgistic said:

Yes, Dr. Robert Rey, who bought Raquel Welch's former residence, and he had a shapewear line for a while.  Robert and Haley were talking about moving to Calabasas.   They're still married, still only have two kids, and her hair isn't blonde now.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
On 12/24/2020 at 4:26 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

They're still married

Wow, that is actually kind of shocking to me, lol. I remember thinking that once the kids grew up, those two would split up. She didn't really seem all that supportive or even into him and he only loved himself so.....? 

• Love 2
On 12/22/2020 at 9:53 PM, carolinagirl81 said:

Yes this is a reboot of Dr. 90210 that aired 2004-2008 the first aring had: Dr. Linda Li and her anesthesiologist husband, Dr. Richard Ellenbogen, Dr. Robert Rey and his stay at home wife Haley and their bratty kids, Dr. Jason Diamond who thought he was hot shit and was dragging his feet on committing to his girlfriend who he eventually married and before this cast seasons ended they had their first child, Dr. Paul Nassif who was married to that Maloof woman at the time, Dr. Raj Kanodia, Dr Will Kirby aka Mr Big Brother and Dr. Robert Kotler

I remember Dr.90210 especially Dr. Robert Rey. The other doctors not so much. Paul Nassif was on there? 

• Love 2