Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: No Small Parts

• Start Topic

There were, as always, things one could nitpick about (seems silly to have downloaded the viruses into Rutherford's implant, no reason why Shaxs couldn't have saved himself), but those things don't matter compared to how well the show blended action, laughs, and character development.

Can't wait till S2!

• Love 2

The USS Titan onscreen!  Plus Frakes and Sirtis continue their runs as frequent guest stars within the franchise.  Their characters must hold the record now for appearances on TNG, VOY, ENT, Picard, and now Lower Decks!  (Not to mention Frakes as Thomas Riker on DS9). 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, starri said:

THEY MADE THE TITAN LUNA-CLASS IN CANON!!!!!

Sorry to shout, but that made my week.

I have the biggest, dumbest, goofiest grin ever, and I really needed it.

Same here! They used the same design that was used in the novels and it is very rare for the shows to canonize anything out of the books much less an entire starship design.

• Love 6

That was great. I loved the bit with Landreu. Now I want them to revisit that planet where they had a computer figure out their war casualties

Or follow up on the Nazi Planet. Or the Gangster planet. Or....

Are all the captains except Riker female? Interesting.

Edited by marinw
  • Love 3

Liked Riker.  Liked Troi.  And that was about it.

Mariner still bugs.  Boimler is lucky he got the hell off of the Cerritos.

Exocomps, Paclids -- are there any other single episode characters from TNG they haven't tapped yet. 
I'm just surprised that the Children of Tama didn't show up, because Mariner knows them too.  #sarcasm

• Love 2

I really enjoyed this episode. I liked Mariner interacting with her mom in a more positive way. I'm glad Boimler got his promotion. I have enjoyed Riker and Troi showing up in other Star Trek series more than I enjoyed them on TNG 😉. I was surprised there were real consequences like Shaxs' death, somehow I thought there would be a reset.

Has the show definitely been renewed for a second season?

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, jah1986 said:

Has the show definitely been renewed for a second season?

Yes. There was an episode of The Ready Room done in the wake of the finale, and the showrunner says they are already working on S2. I don't think they have announced an airdate.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Liked Riker.  Liked Troi.  And that was about it.

Mariner still bugs.  Boimler is lucky he got the hell off of the Cerritos.

Exocomps, Paclids -- are there any other single episode characters from TNG they haven't tapped yet. 
I'm just surprised that the Children of Tama didn't show up, because Mariner knows them too.  #sarcasm

The Children of Tamar actually got a shout-out in "Moist Vessel," when Tendi talked about the bees being a part of the Tamarian ascension ritual.  

• Love 2

I was done with this show until the Titan came on screen. Riker and Troi's cameo plus Boimler getting his promotion and leaving the hell that is the Cerritos and its inadequate crew are the only good thing about this whole show.

I find it too violent for children and too dumb for adults. I don't get the appeal.

• Love 2

I think my favorite little moment was Freeman telling the spacedock worker that she didn't want an upgrade to go along with the repairs.  She likes her funky little ship the way it is.

She really is Mariner's mother.

• Love 4

My favorite episode. An actual plot, lots of ST references, great cameos and just fun all around as well as the death of a character. I still can't believe no one had figured out Freeman was Mariner's mom (what captain would put up with Mariner's crap without some hidden connection), but I went with it. 

I *will* say this ep was closer to orville than the others. But smarter than Orville. Also, I didn't care for the self-centered floating robot lifeform.

• Love 1

This really is fan boy/girl/non-binary service. I do enjoy it but feel a little manipulated....”hey let’s drop this in, the fans will love it!”. My favorite character is Badge-y because I find it so dark and funny. I liked the mother daughter relationship in this one. 

• Love 1