Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Welcome to the Surf Ranch

• Start Topic

I enjoyed this last night. I like all the surfers are quality and known people. I didn't know Surf Ranch existed however, and that place ROCKS. I do know who Kelly Slater is, so seeing him demo the contest was a real treat.

I agree with the one contestant who said this isn't The Bachelor, I don't need or want to see these people hooking up. I like the male/female teams being based on respect for that person's skill. Unlike The Bachelor however, everyone is fit and athletic and good looking, and are real people not plasticized ones. I don't like the smack talking either, I'm old fashioned that way, although i know reality teevee is based on that ... for some reason.

I'm looking forward to the season and learning more about surfing. The money is nice but the winners getting a pass into the world competition is the best prize ever.

• Love 4

I have watched the first two episodes.  I am enjoying it.  It is something different for a reality show.  There does seem to be some mean girls on the show though.  Zeke seems to be the most talented from what I have seen.  

• Love 2

I'm enjoying this so far. The show was really speaks to my O.C. raised beach kid heart.

I was a fan of Zeke's before the show, and he does not disappoint.

There is some major junior high level wave drama with a lot of the girls. Malia and Anastasia are definitely in the running for biggest B's of the beach. Way too much "everyone is jealous of me" from those two. Just get in the barrel already!

Appreciated the slams on the Bachelor from the contestants. It took me a minute to recognize the host from back in the day Bachelor. I guess ABC likes to keep it in the family, but it would have been cool if they could have actually had someone who surfs host the thing. 

• Love 4

Enjoying this! I missed the first few minutes, did they talk about how they selected the contestants and whether or not they’ve had any experience at the surf ranch before? & how do they decide who goes first?

Edited by DrSparkles
On 8/25/2021 at 10:57 PM, ZeeEnnui said:

There is some major junior high level wave drama with a lot of the girls. Malia and Anastasia are definitely in the running for biggest B's of the beach. Way too much "everyone is jealous of me" from those two. Just get in the barrel already!

Replying in Episode 2.