Type keyword(s) to search

TWD: World Beyond Live Posting Topic

• Start Topic

Hello all. I have not abandoned ship yet. I did, however, pick up a Sunday shift because economics are a tad unpredictable right now. And by the time I got home... the scooby gang was moving a couch for some reason. Anybody who wants to give a synopsis of the first six or seven minutes will have my gratitude.

Also, I'm kind of sort of liking Huck this week.

• Love 1

You didn't miss much of any consequence. They picked up Huck, she found some boots for Silas which triggered her military flashbacks. Felix got a haircut, Huck and Felix did the Dew. Elton was mesmerized by magic tricks. Iris flirted with Percy, Silas appeared put out again. Kids congregated to drink and play truth or dare. I think the map stuff came after that? They figured out by combining maps where Hope and Iris' dad is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I'll say it again, and then you can come at me. I liked this episode. I thought the flash back stuff with Huck was interesting. I like the beginning of the ZA scenes we were promised with Fear and didn't get. 

It's still hard to care about the kids though. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Superclam said:

I'll say it again, and then you can come at me. I liked this episode. I thought the flash back stuff with Huck was interesting. I like the beginning of the ZA scenes we were promised with Fear and didn't get. 

I like the actress and I did like Huck's story. I just wish her dialogue was better and they didn't make her deliver it with a vocal fry and half an accent.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, chick binewski said:

I like the actress and I did like Huck's story. I just wish her dialogue was better and they didn't make her deliver it with a vocal fry and half an accent.

I can totally agree with this. I did notice that her terrible delivery was a lessened in this episode, if only a bit. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Same. 

I'm not thrilled about the ending. I like(d) Tony.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Superclam said:

I can totally agree with this. I did notice that her terrible delivery was a lessened in this episode, if only a bi

It was the way she was sneering at ‘gun dude’ holding what’s her name around the neck, uuggghhhhh 😒

7 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

I'm not thrilled about the ending. I like(d) Tony.

They must put something in the writers coffee that keeps making them kill off the most interesting characters, God only knows they can’t spare any 🤔

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Only 3 more hours left of this, people. 

It looks like they're wrapping it all up next week and and airing the last 2 episodes back to back.

5 minutes ago, Superclam said:

I'm tired of Corduroy philosophizing all the time.  

For whatever reason I'm not minding his sincerity this week. 

• Love 1

Silas' problem was that the only person looking out for him was Accidentally Eavesdropping Lady. I'm sure she means well, but Carol would have  trench knifed Bad Papa three minutes into the episode, and by now she'd be crying over Silas' grave after his random but inevitable death.

• LOL 6

The walkers in this show are so mellow. Silas's dad was just nudging him in a gently taunting 'no, you ah' kind of way.

Dad was just chilling in the bedroom admiring the pillow shams. Just standing there, no shuffling. Not moving towards the sound of a warm body calling out to him.

3 minutes ago, gutbuster said:

Dad was just chilling in the bedroom admiring the pillow shams.

To be fair, those were really nice pillow shams. 

7 minutes ago, Primstone said:

so Silas did kill his dad, by accident, and he gets the chance to re-kill him. Gonna be by accident again?

That looked like it was on purpose. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

i still want to know how walker dad got upstairs past his son talking to the old lady at the door with what looks like the only stairs right there at the entrance. He would have walked right past them 2 talking at the door to go up stairs. Unless he got the famous walker teleport power right away.

• LOL 2
14 minutes ago, Primstone said:

i still want to know how walker dad got upstairs past his son talking to the old lady at the door with what looks like the only stairs right there at the entrance. He would have walked right past them 2 talking at the door to go up stairs. Unless he got the famous walker teleport power right away.

I thought so, too. The timeline and logistics don't make any sense. But that house was huge, I wonder if there was a back staircase and dad somehow pulled himself all the way up there as he was dying. Then turned instantly in the bedroom. All in the span of a two minute conversation the kid was having at the door. Makes no sense.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, gutbuster said:

Elton just said 'Marauders'. Like in normal human conversation.

Well, let’s be real here; can any conversation in which Elton is an active participant be considered ‘normal’?

And btw, what the My Pretty Pony fuck was up with Mom???  Mom gets attacked by WalkerDad.  Silas rushes in, pulls WalkerDad off Mom, (re-)kills him, and her reaction is... what?  

”Stand back”.

NOT “Thank you”, or “How did this happen?”, or even “Does this mean we’re not going to the bazaar to get my present?”, but - “Stand back”.  Like the fact Silas killed WalkerDad was even more horrifying than oh by the way Dad went Walker and tried to eat your fucking face.
Thanks for nothing, MOM.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, CletusMusashi said:

Does every single member of this family have a different accent? Hell, that could be the most interesting thing about this show.

Huck's accent is still the worst. 

So was Huck's entire backstory made up? 

• Love 2

Ok, what's up with his arm? Is that a tattoo? Weird arm sleeve? 

2 minutes ago, theredhead77 said:

My mom called right at 9 and I missed the first 15 minutes. Was it more Hick backstory?

Flashback with Huck & her mother, talking about separating the asset from the rest of the group. 

• Love 2