Type keyword(s) to search

TWD: World Beyond Live Posting Topic

• Start Topic

Tonight was the first episode of TWD that I've been legit scared by. It was way too "scary movie" and way less TWD. I'm also a wuss so there's that. 

I also saw the WTF ad. I bet it aired in "select markets".

Edited by theredhead77
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, chick binewski said:

A political campaign ad using zombies.

4 hours ago, SailorGirl said:

Be glad you did. . . it was definitely a WTF . . . I thought it was a spoof or a joke, but it was a legit, and desperate, ad. 

4 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

I also saw the WTF ad. I bet it aired in "select markets".

Oh c’mon now, don’t keep the rest of us in suspense - spill, y’all.  I’m jealous.  Our political ads are boring as shit.

At least give us a URL.  😁

• Love 1

Reminder:  Don't post the political ad in this forum; it has nothing to do with the episode itself and so will violate the politics policy.  Yes, I've seen it, it has zombies, but that doesn't make it about the show. 

Just now, CletusMusashi said:

I hate when writers with no actual knowledge try to write profound monologues about science.

That was as painful as the crap that Mohinder used to recite on "Heroes."

I completely tuned it out without even making a conscious decision to do so.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Yes, let's absolutely make this entire scene about how cool it is to rub pregnant women's bellies. Because pregnant ladies absolutely love that schtick. They absolutely never complain at all about being sick and tired of it. Am I right, ladies?

• LOL 1

This might be a little bit better if it aired at 9PM instead of almost nothing having happened yet at 10:30. But AMC seems to have completely lost interest in promoting it, so it's on too late to start drinking early for, but not late enough to start drinking normally for. Please don't tell me we're supposed to watch a "Walking Dead" show sober.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

You know, instead of splitting up, you could all go check out the... we're really going with nail polish warehouse? alrighty then... and you could investigate that while taking shelter from the very obvious incoming thunderstorm during which I doubt you're going to any river-crossing or outdoor welding anyway, right?

5 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Ooof, this dialogue. It feels like they use TWD script parts that didn't make it to the main show. 

Honestly, the dialogue is filling in some valid character details. But why are they so insistent on "Tell, don't show?" Did they already use up their entire flashback budget? Or are they just trying to cut costs this week so they can afford for Fabulous Nail Zombies?

8 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Ooof, this dialogue. It feels like they use TWD script parts that didn't make it to the main show. 

It's dreadful and the fact they have young actors delivering it with extra drama and sporadic vocal fry is not helping. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, CletusMusashi said:

Honestly, the dialogue is filling in some valid character details. But why are they so insistent on "Tell, don't show?" Did they already use up their entire flashback budget? Or are they just trying to cut costs this week so they can afford for Fabulous Nail Zombies?

The exposition part I don't mind, the part about fears and feelings is painful. 

• Love 2
Just now, Primstone said:

Silas is right about that new guy, do not trust him

This whole scenario reeks of a trap. Remember how suspicious everyone was of the first new guy they ran into (Randall) in the original show? Compare that treatment to how they follow this guy blindly based on literally nothing they can trust.

• Love 2

Someone should tell Iris that being scared is often what keeps people alive. She is so self centered and bad at this. Her know-it-all attitude is beginning to wear.

It can't be "about you" when you are in life or death situations with other people who are each expecting everyone else to be (and stay) where everyone agreed they'd be. 

• Love 1

That was literally the only clean mirror in the apocalypse. At least he went for the kill that time.

Just now, Primstone said:

about half of these episodes so far has had rain. is it the rainy season in that area? and if so, are they gonna have to worry about a tornado?

Walk(er)nado? 

3 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

OK that was an elaborate plan staged over several days...to grab a few duffle bags?

And Iris can't find her way out of a dumpster by the sixth episode?

That's what I was thinking. What exactly did they get by running this scam? Was there anything that good in their packs? 

• Love 1

I know the community they are from had kept them sheltered, but they all have had some training buy Felix, so they should know how to use their weapons and have a back up weapon with them, like a knife that looked like all in their community did carry.